The history of FF Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CorptWingedAngel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:27 am
Who is Sephiroth?

Sephiroth (Japanese: Sefirosu) is the chief antagonist of the role playing game Final Fantasy VII, produced by Square Co., Ltd.. He is considered one of the most popular villains of the series, and has appeared in five other games (Ehrgeiz, Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts II, Itadaki Street Special and Before Crisis: Final Fantasy VII), the first three of which are, relative to Final Fantasy VII, non-canonical, and also in the CGI film Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children and the anime midquel Last Order: Final Fantasy VII.

Sephiroth appears as a tall, handsome character with long silver hair, bright emerald green eyes, a long black coat, and metallic shoulder guards. He carries the sword Masamune (a weapon that has appeared in each installment of the Final Fantasy series). He was the most famous member of SOLDIER, the paramilitary branch of Shin-Ra, until he mysteriously disappeared five years prior to the start of the game. He then returns to enact a sinister plot which threatens the game's world, one which the game's heroes must stop.

His name comes from the Kabbalah, in which the ten sephiroth on the Tree of Life represent different aspects of God.

His appearance was designed by Tetsuya Nomura, who also designed the other characters in the game.

Sephiroth is also the focus of three pieces of theme music written by series composer Nobuo Uematsu. His primary theme song is Those Chosen by The Planet, a piece utilizing bells, low drums, and a deep chorus, which accompanies Sephiroth's appearances throughout the game. The Birth of God accompanies the battle against Bizarro Sephiroth, the first of Sephiroth's final two forms. The most noteworthy piece (and a lingering fan favorite) is the one that plays during the final confrontation with Sephiroth, One-Winged Angel. One Winged Angel, in the English translation of the song, reflects on Sephiroth's violent burning rage inside of him, while the second and third verses reflect on how he does not want to die.

Sephiroth, as seen in Kingdom Hearts:

Sephiroth has made six separate appearances outside of Final Fantasy VII. The first was as a selectable character in the fighting game Ehrgeiz, which also featured appearances of other characters from Final Fantasy VII. The second was in the North American/European/Final Mix versions of Kingdom Hearts, where he appeared as an extremely powerful optional boss in the game's arena setting. (In a demonstration of this character's popularity, his battle in Kingdom Hearts was very strongly tied to his Final Fantasy VII appearance - a new orchestration of One Winged Angel was the background music). The third was in Before Crisis: Final Fantasy VII, a prequel to Final Fantasy VII. The fourth and fifth were the films Final Fantasy VII Advent Children and Last Order Final Fantasy VII, and finally he appeared in the game Itadaki Street Special as a playable character along with Cloud, Aerith, and Tifa from Final Fantasy VII.

In Japan, Sephiroth's voice was provided by seiyu Shinichiro Miki (Ehrgeiz) & Toshiyuki Morikawa (Advent Children). In the English version of Kingdom Hearts, his voice was provided by Lance Bass of *NSYNC fame, a decision that was received negatively by some fans.

Although Sephiroth garners a strong reaction, either positive or negative from gamers, Sephiroth is undeniably one of gaming's most well known and sometimes notorious characters.

I found this on the internet. and we all need to see the importance of SEPHIROTH! blaugh  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:31 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

CorptWingedAngel

CorptWingedAngel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:33 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:02 pm
I knew ALL of this except for the voice actor of Sephiroth in Ehrgeiz.... I am well known in my school for my vast knowledge of Final Fantasy history and such.  

Saerenna
Crew

Hunter

KiyaraSabel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:38 pm
That's all Wikipedia entries isn't it?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:28 pm
I like Wikipedia. They have an entire page on SEPHIROTH, not to mention lots of other stuff.  

Saerenna
Crew

Hunter

KiyaraSabel

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:40 pm
yeah wikipedia is great mrgreen  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:19 pm
I'm gonna look up Gaiaonline on Wikipedia! xD

Sejanus

Saerenna
Crew

Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:15 am
They have wikiquote, too, and many other things. ^_^

Yesterday, I wore my 'kill-me' hairstyle. LOL, it was in a twist-braid thing like Aeris', and it's much easier to do than a braid, actually. Yes, I'm one of those magic people who figured out how to do it without it untwisting. Yes, random sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:08 pm
I use Wikipedia for my Magic-class look-up sessions. My teach will give us a topic and an hour to wander into a computer lab to look up information. I just Wikipedia it and spend the rest of my time on gaia.  

Ermak Lorde
Captain

Saerenna
Crew

Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:35 pm
LOL, that works. It's weird to look up Gaia on Youtube...  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:01 pm
I find uncyclopedia much more interesting than wikipedia...the have a small comment on JENOVA's Witnesses

Jenova's Witnesses
You have two cows with Geostigma. They drink from the water and soon your mother will be reborn after you turn into Sephiroth.  

Mariku -- Kitten

Saerenna
Crew

Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:02 pm
o.O o.O o.O Scary thing is... I think I can make sense out of that!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:05 pm
Ah, the angry n00b encyclopedia. stare They're the type of peoplisms who tick me off evil If its the one I'm thinking of at least.  

KiyaraSabel

Mariku -- Kitten

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:05 pm
XDXDXD Yeah...They have quite the interesting things on there.

Sephiroth was born in 1970 in a commune in the Adirondacks, to his mother, Lucrecia, and his father, Doctor Hojo.His older brother, Gackt, was born on July 4, 1540.

Gackt M.S. Camui is a Japanese pop musician, vampire, and chicken widely popular in both America and Japan. His name is usually written in English, despite being Japanese, and is pronounced similar to the sound made by a penguin while choking on a bagel.

that's just some of the twisted things I found.  
JENOVA's Witnesses

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff