Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Khamaith's Hatching] The Best of Life [Open] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:20 pm
Aerden and Blue Tianxiath

The blue chortled indulgently, savoring each and ever piece of meat he was fed. As though I'm anything but, brother dear. But oh, how could he resist such a gracious invitation? Tianxiath rose languidly, nuzzling his siblings as he moved to settle himself next to Manahahtath and Ilaoruth with pleasure, touching each of them briefly with his snout. You both are too kind! Such a fine collection we make, don't you think? Good looking, eye catching... They really were lucky to have him!

Aerden was unbothered as his dragonet suddenly peeled away, following with amusement. It also gave him the chance to speak to Nashwa. Impression suited her, he realized--just before considering that was a particularly stupid thought. There was just... something about her now that he couldn't quite put his finger on.

Oh, you sweet, silly man. Tianxiath teased affectionately.

"I definitely suit him." Aerden laughed, grinning even as his little blue arched his neck to acknowledge the compliment. "Congratulations to you, too. To everyone, really." Ilaorunth was clearly a fine dragon. They all were. But he wouldn't have given up his Tianxiath for all the world.

Dragonriders. Even thinking about it made him feel a little dazed, and Aerden shook his head incredulously to himself while feeding his ravenous hatchling.

Samuel Carlin

Meepfur

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:21 pm
Veikel

The swath of injured candidates that had come limping in were all under control, it seemed, and now Veikel waited for Tristram to come back over with the poor girl who clearly got the award for being the most grievously injured on the sands. Not that such awards needed to be given out, or ever would be, but he needed silly thoughts to distract himself from just how close it had gotten. How if maybe just a step harder, or a little more to the side, there would be a body dead on the sands instead of just rendered unconscious by fellis.

Her recovery from the injury would likely go smooth enough, but would she recover mentally? He faintly knew the face - not that he was desperately looking to see who she was from this distance - and he thought maybe she did have some family here. A sister, he tried to recall, and maybe a boyfriend? Or had those all left her due to the passage of time, or strained emotions? Veikel knew recovery could and would be lonely and he didn't want that for her.

But, in other and more happy news, Aerden had Impressed. That was downright pleasing and bittersweet because now he wouldn't be able to see him as much as before, unless of course it was for injuries. M...Maybe Veikel needed to find some way to make stone armor. That would be good, right?  

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:27 pm
Oreune

She was currently unconscious.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:30 pm
Whren - High Reaches - He/ HIm

"I hope I didn't do anything to upset you," He said quietly, though he certainly was not in anyway disappointed with them. They were perfect and they had a destiny to find their single person and change them for the better and to protect what they could.

Jemaselle - High reaches - she/ Her

Jemi lifted a brow, glancing around the crowd and wondered what shafting dim glow dared to not give the greens their proper due. They were wonderful and they should be acknowledged as a fighter and protector of pern and certainly important.

Certainly they were just as exciting as the first hatching and every impression changed a person.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:35 pm
Dextelia-High Reaches

With the admonishment, Dextelia hung her head for a moment. The little green was right of course, there were still five of them out there searching for theirs and even if one was not hers they deserved every bit of attention. A guilty feeling washed over her for a moment, feeling horrible for letting her sadness take over for a moment. The realization that she was doing it again had her eyes open wide, shifting and watching as Candidate's moved a bit forward and towards the green...should she follow their lead?

Her feet felt like lead for a moment, still not feeling like she was worthy of any of this...Harneth had to have made a mistake...The emotions were threatening to overwhelm her until she felt the blue on the ledge above send a reassuring jolt towards her. Lifting her head from where it had sunk to stare at her feet Dextelia moved forward slowly, her feelings of not being worthy quite quelled but she put them aside to let a smile on her features.

She would celebrate and give these that were still out here all her attention.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:42 pm
Lelte, HR, She/Her
It was always so exciting when a dragonet came over to one, even if they weren't there for you. The encouragement and sweetness of the green was definitely welcome, a balm to her rather bruised heart. Even as it added to her pain, that it wasn't her, again. That someone else was chosen above her. Yes they saw something in her that was good and worthy, but it still wasn't enough. She wasn't enough.

She forced her insecurities and sadness into a small little box. Focusing on the dragonets that were still on the sands. That hadn't Impressed yet. There were still dragons on the sands so even if the chances were extremely small, she still might find hers. And if it didn't happen at this hatching, there would be others. Other chances.

She heard the question, and thought perhaps she might take a chance and answer, and if they weren't speaking to her, it was something easy to ignore.

"I'm the youngest of six of a small family in a small fishing cothold. I...wasn't suited, so I was sent to weaver hall. They said I had some talent, but was Searched, and have been at High Reaches since."

~Kiana_Nala~

Dea and #Teddy#

dawns_aura

Peaceful Demigod

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:46 pm
Huarwar and Green Miershoth

Emerald eyes never left Aelyx's form as she had been off on the side being treated by healers. The last hatching the pair had been in had resulted in them both being hurt by hatclings and once more she was hurt. This time he wasn't there to help her, to stand beside her and try to protect her. Even with Miershoth having told him Aelyx was okay the man couldn't help but worry.

The commotion between feuding dragonets had taken his attention from Aelyx causing a knot to form in his stomach. Even when things had calmed down, he watched the healer working on the young girl, hoping she would be alright. Even if death could always happen during these events, it didn't mean Huarwar was callous to it. He had lost his twin and he didn't want that girl to have to go between so early.

Miershoth's gently presence, always there and always stable, kept the man calm. He knew the young girl was in good hands, she had a chance so with one last look and perhaps a soft prayer to anything...his attention moved back.

Impressions happened one by one and he saw that Aelyx still stood. The candidate who had joined to help her stand so she did not rest on her leg too much had impressed.

Huarwar could not help but feel torn. He wanted Aelyx to impress, to find her other piece just as he had in Miershoth and yet...at the same time..if she never impressed she would be safer. He wouldn't have to worry about her in the sky fighting Thread like he did. He knew it was selfish so he pushed that aside and focused on the hatching.

Seeing Aelyx move forward Huarwar leaned forward where he sat, his eyes locked on her. Had one of the greens called out to her..but no, she stopped before getting to close to them.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:51 pm
Rykin

Not angry or confused, it seemed. Confident, just like her sister. Rykin smiled softly at the greens as they wandered and settled, taking a single step closer and giving the lounging green a brief bow of his head.

Brenley

At Golden Flourish's request, Bren shifted his weight but did not move forward. He had thought he was already being plenty respectful and... perky, for him at least... by giving the remaining babies all of his attention, but he was quite certain that none of them had any interest in him at all. Why waste their time?

Smerdle

Scamp

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:54 pm
Anneke of green Uluth

Anneke, who had finally been hushed and laughed at enough that she'd settled to watch, smiling like a fool with her elbows on her knees and her chin in her hands, shot to her feet again and cupped her hands around her mouth. "Go get 'em, girls," she shouted to the greens. "If they're hanging back, they don't know what they're missing!"  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:58 pm
She wanted to Stand. Oh how badly she wanted to see the beautiful newborn hatchings. Against the healer's advice, she tried to push herself upwards, her bad leg wobbling and shaking. Zae winced, feeling the healer's eyes bore into the back of her head, a piercing reminder of her foolishness... "They asked us to introduce ourselves..." She mumbled as she sat back down, privately relieved when the flare up of pain subsided.

"I'm sure they can hear your thoughts if you tried to introduce yourself mentally." Came the healer's reply, a little clipped. She nodded, seeking out the different dragons still wandering the sands for their own.

/I'm Zae, and I've loved dragons ever since I can remember.../ It was weird to talk about herself in her head. She hoped the dragonets could hear her. /Some of my family are riders... I think I've always wanted to be one growing up. I'm training as a healer just in case I never find the dragon who's right for me. Funny that I should end up over here, unable to walk, huh?/ She tried to chuckle mentally at the irony of the situation, but there was a hint of self-consciousness. /Really... I'm just glad you've all hatched safely. That's the most important part./  

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:36 pm
Raiden waited. It was hard not to be nervous now. Hard not to worry he'd walk away alone once more. His chances were small.

So when he was given the opportunity to introduce himself to the dragonets, his heart surged a little. A chance to make a good first impression- lower case i!

The young man took a few steps in their direction and swept into a courtly bow. "I'm Raiden. I might not look like much, but I think I would make a great choice for a few reasons." Oh... Shells... Should he /list/ them? "I'm strong, pretty handy at picking good herdbeasts from a flock so you'll never want for the best food... Erm..." Shards, was he being a dimglow? He blushed a little, but might as well jump in with both feet. "l'm really dedicated to keeping others safe, and very reliable." He would always put his life on the line to save his loved ones. "Plus, my sister just Impressed one of your sisters... So we'd always have someone to spend time with." He finished a little lamely, his smile now sheepish. But manners did indeed make the man, and he bowed once more before stepping back.

Maybe that would garner him more interest, at least?

magnadearel
For mention!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:57 pm
User Image

Oh dear! Now her other sister was claiming the attention of the Candidates and... and... Spotted Green didn't even have a chance! My Vodex, where are you? she cried plaintively, searching for him amid the Candidates. She... she couldn't seem to find him, and didn't know where to turn. But she knew that she was His, and he was Hers.

Yet... where... exactly had he gone??

Please don't leave your Curacaoth alone, she creeled, sitting up tall to try to see him above all the rest. Where oh where was Hers?

stella cinere

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Spockat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:08 pm
Loctius - [He/Him] - Western Weyr
There they were all hatched and all lovely. Each dragon a bright - definitely personable gem, and some seeming like they wanted quite the party. She found hers - adorably trying to stand tall and see back through them.

He watched golden flourish green a moment. Long faces? He stole a glance around him - wasn't him that was for sure. The hatching may be winding down, but if today was not his day to be chosen? He had a strong drink, good friends and a good time ahead of him.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:14 pm
Haveli

Was that an Impression behind her? Probably, but since she hadn't felt the tug Haveli knew it wasn't meant for her. Only two dragons who could possibly look her way were left, and she was waiting to be inspected by one of them before being dismissed to go back. It was absolutely painful to try and keep her spirits up when counting the odds, but whatever - she'd stood at tons of hatchings by now and this was becoming a familiar pattern.

Actually, part of her wondered how many more it would be. Would she age out before ever Impressing, or would she get injured and be forced to retire? Of course she still had plenty of turns before either of those things happened but that thought probably rode in the minds of many of the candidates here. Long faces instead, but she'd make it through. Maybe when she got back to High Reaches she'd look for Arlie and see what she was up to, maybe attempt to reconnect that way instead of just ambling through. Certainly she'd need to talk with her foster mother about future plans too.

It always seemed like each hatching helped clear things up for her, even if at the end of it she still had that bitter taste lingering at the back of her throat.  

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:16 pm
Finnisa—High Reaches—She/Her
The little searching green seemed more and more anxious, popping up and trying to crane over the crowds. Finn stepped to the side, careful not to budge into anyone, to try to let her see whomever might be standing behind her (and again just not wanting to get in the way if she took off running to find hers). She of course couldn't hear the green calling out for her rider, but given the green wasn't coming to her, she had to assume that meant she wasn't the one meant for her. And that was okay, really. There were still two more, and that brown. And there'd be more eggs in months and turns to come! She still wasn't sure where he'd gotten to, but undoubtedly someone would love to see him come popping out of hiding to claim them! Her hand gave another twinge, a soft hot ache that reminded her that she'd need to get it looked at later, but that wasn't important now. It wasn't over until it was over, after all, and she still dared to hope, at least a little. Deep in her heart, she wanted to be jealous of all the lucky ones... but there'd be time for that later too. She knew better than to let those emotions loose while on the sands. Well, mostly.  
[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff