Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Khamaith's Hatching] The Best of Life [Open] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:20 am
Rundanrul - Western

Rundanrul flicked his gaze to the last egg as it hatched and quickly looked away again when he saw a flash of green. He settled his eyes right back on the shell the bronze was hiding under.

—-

Surel - Western

More than happy to keep Dystzha between her and some of the hatching grounds, Surel watched as the last egg hatched another green. All the eggs were shattered now - although that bronze was still hiding under a bit of one - and the last few babies were looking for theirs.

“Hopefully she’ll warm up to being out,” she said, wishing nothing but the best for the disgruntled green. “They’re all so adorable...” She hoped one would come over and take Dystzha to the feeding table with him or her, wanting to see all of her little group find theirs.

—-

Vimeran - High Reaches

Vimeran rolled his eyes a bit as Niviora went on about how thinking about the feast was acceptable. In its most base form yes, he supposed, it was all right. Those sorts of emotions that went along with it were generally happy. But she should be looking to dance with a dragon, not him. And every time they stood and every time they left the sands without a dragon, she always tried to get him to dance. He’d refuse each request, though one time he’d had a bit too much to drink and had taken her up on her offer. And nearly kicked a newly hatched dragon in the head in the process. Not his most fond moment.

The change in Niv’s posture and breathing made him glance towards the last dragon to hatch. He wondered for a moment why she seemed tense, but figured it must have been something the dragon as an egg had said to her.

“Easy,” he muttered quietly. “Made it this far without incident, let’s keep it that way.”

“Prism Shine”

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:42 am

As the Purple and Teal Swirl green made her way through the throng of adoring fans, the Spotted Green green peeked shyly up into the faces of each Candidate, one by one. Oh, where was Hers? She was shaking slightly, but defensive as Purple and Teal Swirl drew near a group of Candidates. Her little wings flared up, and she hissed softly.

Don't be silly, sister. Why should you get all the fun when I have only just hatched? the Purple and Teal Swirl green said, and watched her sister droop back to quiescence. Ah, but Purple and Teal Swirl just wanted a look at them, for the most part. It seemed a hush had come over the Candidates now that her presumably more interesting siblings had Impressed. Ha! But Purple and Teal Swirl knew better than they did.

For not only was Purple and Teal Swirl still quite available, so were Spotted Green, Golden Flourish, Orange Galaxy, and Butterfly. Are you all just going to stand there, or are you going to come introduce yourselves?

Golden Flourish had found herself a nice spot on the Sand to recline and observe the proceedings. Why I never did see so many long faces. Is this all we're to expect on our very first day? For shame. She certainly had some opinions, particularly regarding those who thought themselves above a fine young green such as herself.

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:48 am
Aelyx - Western - She/Her

Ah, but these little greens had a point didn't they? Her eyes brightened and she smiled, gently watching them with those gorgeous mismatched eyes. All of these remaining were beautiful! Sure, there was anxiety and hope and heartbreak, but didn't these babies deserve their best, same as the others? She limped forwards so that they could all see her a bit better. They all well deserved the attentions of the candidates to the best of their ability. It was their day of celebration!  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:53 am
Finnisa—High Reaches—She/Her
Finnisa stilled her chatter when the little Spotted Green came wandering by, nervously staring up at her (and everyone else). A nervous hatchling could be accident prone, and she wanted to be ready to step aside if she wanted someone behind her, but she gave the little thing a reassuring smile, and did her best to send encouraging and calming feelings her way. Everyone was still here for her, just waiting to see if they'd be lucky enough to be hers... though seeing how she flared her wings when her Purple and Teal Swirl sister drew near to a certain throng, she figured that odds were Spotted would find her match in that batch. Golden Flourish, for her part, seemed happy to watch from afar, but Finn wasn't counting her out yet. A blue or green had always been what she'd anticipated impressing, if she was so lucky, after all.

The Orange Galaxy brown still drew a glance now and then, or rather, the area around the egg shells where she'd last seen him did, but maybe it was High Reaches' attitude towards female brown riders that kept her from hoping too hard in that direction, handsome though he'd been. The bronze, of course, she was only peripherally aware of—enough to get out of his way if he came around, but not enough to do more than distantly and vaguely wish him well in finding his, whoever the lucky boy'd be.  

ShinosBee

Nerd

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:57 am
Zh'gan aand Bronze Manahahtath

Zh'gan was surprised by another comment on his name, but not bothered at all. His smile remained, steady and broad as ever. "Thanks," he told Bionden. "I figured that one was less of a mouthful. Especially if you tack it to Manahahtath." His eyes danced.

And the bronze beside him responsed with a chuff of amusement, too. Important names take time to say, Mine. All the better to notice them.

And speaking of a mouthful of a name: Yes, Tianxiath, come nd sit with us. Please. If Ilaorunth wanted their blue brother to share the spotlight, well, he could share, for now. It wouldn't last, but it might be amusing for a while, so why not indulge him?

Of course you can race with us, Kahveth, Manahahteth answered. The more the merrier. It's not really a fair game if we don't all play, is it?

demom_pachabel

Uta

Meepfur

faesinger

Tsunake

magadearal

Mr. Cheri

tatterpixie

magnadearal

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:00 pm
Elibrie - she/her

One of the beautiful greens wanted them to come over. Oh, dear. Elibrie looked to Juhvek, concerned about whether or not it was the proper thing to do. Some Candidates had lined up for inspection by a hatchling at Zenobiath's clutch, so...maybe? "Should we?"

The admonishment from the Golden Flourish green had her flinching. I'm sorry. You're lovely, you all are, and it's an honor to be here to see you. I know I don't deserve it, that's all. But I'm sorry. I'll...I'll try to be better. So she stood up straighter, and tried to be at her best - even if she knew that her best wasn't very much at all. But she smiled anyway, and tried to find again the happiness and hopefulness the dragonets made her feel, even if it would only hurt her again.

Tsunake

demon_pachabel

Meepfur
Crew

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:03 pm
Matotoka

Ah, but he'd at least made the first step to introduce himself to Purple and Teal Swirl before - though Matotoka had only been able to lay his hand on her shell for a short time before they'd all been ushered off because a now-impressed sibling. Not that it was held against him at all.

"Do you still want to dance or have we missed that chance?"

----

Papys

Papys actually took pause to feel his face, as if checking to see if, as Golden Flourish said, it had actually gotten longer. After all, it couldn't possibly have looked down when his grin was as big as it ever was!

With the touch-check confirming that his face was the same as it had been before, however, Papys took a step forward - at the behest of the green whom had asked for introductions. He wouldn't complain if he got looked over, however.

----

Juhvek

He'd not exactly impressed Golden Flourish green before this moment either, so Juhvek was not in a rush to throw himself at her feet and prove he could impress her now.

Yeah, the bar is low. Several candidates had begun to let disappointment into their hearts and it showed in their faces.

----

Kadosse

Like Papys, Kadosse stepped forward to at least try and maybe get a second look over by one of these lovely greens. She'd accept if they turned up their noses and looked for someone a touch better. Kadosse was, at least, used to rejection after putting herself out there.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:07 pm
Bukichi

Anyone who thought that greens were less impressive was in the wrong Weyr, as far as Bukichi was concerned. He watched the sisters with a quiet sense of amusement--particularly watching the Golden Flourish green. She'd given him good advice in a vulnerable moment--enough to snap him out of his own moping.

--

Oranie

She unconsciously straightened up at the voice, well aware that she'd certainly been contributing to the long faces, as it were. Forgive me. She thought, sending thoughts of welcome and admiration to the little greens in question. I'm very grateful that I was here to see you all today. She meant that, at least. Even if there was no dragon for her here today, this was a very special moment.

As for approaching... She glanced at Elibrie and Juhvek, steeled herself, and took a few careful steps forward. It would be impolite not to introduce themselves, wouldn't it?

demon_pachabel

Meepfur

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:08 pm
Odellet- she/ her

"Those greens are right cute, think you might see yourself on one of them?" Odd questioned, giving a little head nod towards the green, cracking a smile as a soft voice spoke. "You tell them beautiful." She was such a lovely little thing! She and her sisters, and her two remaining brothers where ever they were getting to.

tatterpixie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:12 pm
Haveli

Go over to the dragonet? Sure, why not - there was nothing to lose and she certainly seemed jovial enough. This "come to me" behavior was something she'd seen happen many, many times on the sands though usually it had been with bronzes calling for boys and thus Haveli didn't go over to admire. A green however was open for everyone and she wasn't wounded, so why not? Why the shells not?

With her head raised up enough with confidence (no long face here, just a calculating one), she moved towards the green and her call. Look me over, she thought, and I'll do the same. Everyone liked being admired, and dragonets were no different. Certainly every single hide out where was a shade and pattern worth drooling over, the current five (or four, one hiding) were no exception.

---

Maishel

It looked as though candidates were heading towards one of the dragonets on purpose - what had been said to them? Sitting in the stands left some conversations to be desired, so Maishel would need to fill in the gaps with her own judgement. Perhaps the little green wanted to see all of them at once to conserve energy? Quite a smart move, actually.  

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:13 pm
Eliaza

Eliaza had been watching, had been paying atttention, certainly. Lessons about not behaving badly and warnings did echo in her mind, though, so asi[de from those few moments with the beautiful gold and hanging on to Alisaide's hand, she'd tried to stay more or less still.

Was that wrong somehow? The dragonets who had yet to find their matches certainly thought so. And if they wanted introductions, well. Eliaza took a breath and stood up straight, as she'd been taught. I'm happy to introduce myself, she thought, awkwardly trying to, what, send it toward the dragonets? Yes. She didn't know if it was traveling, but she'd try. My name is Eliaza and I came all the way from High Reaches to meet you and I'm very glad I did because you're all so beautiful!

Was that enough? Too much? Time would tell. And she would wait. Anxiously.

----

Ollandin

"Not a twitch," Ollandin answered. "I mean, I'm sure he's okay or the other dragons would have done something about it but... it is a little weird. I kind of want to go check..."

But he was stopped by the green demanding action and introductions and he couldn't help but laugh. "Or maybe we should just stand up tall and look handsome and talk to the ones who are ready to be seen, huh?"

Tsunake

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:14 pm
Ty'nan of Blue Chinanazith

Entering the area where the hatchlings were being fed and bathed by their newly-minted riders, Ty'nan looked like the happiest man on Pern, holding his Chinanazith tightly and beaming a huge smile from ear to ear. He recognized most of the faces as Western Candidates -- Weyrlings now. "Look who joined the party," he grinned, the tear stains still visible on his face through the sand and dust. "This is Chinanazith." He raised the blue dragonet a little in his arms. "Isn't he the most perfect blue ever shelled?"

Chinanazith, eyes gently whirling the blue and purple of pure love and contentment, sent a wave of happy calm over the other Weyrlings. Greetings, my brothers and sisters! It's a wonderful day -- we all found Ours!

"What do you want to do first," Ty'nan asked his new lifemate. "Eat, or get a bath?"

Oh, let's get cleaned up first, Chinanazith answered. Despite how hungry he was, he knew he and His would feel so much better if they washed up first -- because they were both filthy.

Ty'nan carried Chinanazith over to the buckets of oil and water and set the baby blue down. "Clean it is then," he nodded, grabbing a soaking wet sponge from a bucket and swabbing Chinanazith down, making sure to get all the crusted egg goo and sand off him. Then he resoaked the sponge and swabbed himself down, from face to chest and arms. Reaching for the bucket of oil, Ty'nan began to work the oil into Chinanazith's hide. "How does that feel?"

The blue dragonet's eyes nearly rolled back into his head. Soooooo good, Mine. Sooooooo good.

Once clean and oiled, Ty'nan picked Chinanazith up again and went to the feeding table, where he was handed a bucket of meat. He sat down -- didn't care next to whom -- and started cutting up gobbets of meat for his baby dragon. "How's everyone else doing?" he asked, the grin still on his face. "Feeling good, feeling happy?"

demon_pachabel

Uta

Meepfur

faesinger

Tsunake

magnadearal

Mr Cheri

Samuel Carlin

Hattaki

Spockat

Zaikt

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:14 pm
Savindri - he/him

Things had gotten a little, well, wild there for a bit, but Savindri had been lucky enough to not be impacted by any of it, and once the drama had played out had been standing, quiet but calmly happy, ever since. He was a bit lonely with his friend gone and no one to hang on, but the dragonets were a delight to watch! Just wonderful! So when one wanted them to come closer, he was all too happy to do just that, joining the other Candidates who moved forward with a bounce in his step.

Elibrie - she/her

Well, if Oranie was doing it, Elibrie would do it too, especially knowing she'd been a disappointment once already. So, tentative as the steps she took were, she stepped out after her sister to stand slightly to the side of her and half a step back.

Tsunake

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:15 pm
Fahn and Alenciath

She'd finally had her fill and Alenciath had begun to pace the feeding station restlessly. Rather, she had until Fahn had scooped her up and made quick work of wiping any lingering goop off of her dragon, then oiled her up so she was almost as nice and shiny as her metallic siblings. Of course, Alenciath would always be absolutely radiant to Fahn. She was, quite biasedly, the finest dragon in all of Pern after all.

Of course you can join us, Kahveth! We can all race! Alenciath agreed with the suggestion, already dreaming up big fanciful visions of a grand sibling race. Wouldn't it be fun? You should race too, Ilaorunth! she'd said she wanted to judge, but it would have clearly been more fun to have her running too!

And she'd not budge on the idea!

More and more siblings joined their ranks at the tables, and Alenciath began to pace through them bumping her head against those who would allow it before prancing away again in hopes of perhaps tempting someone to play!

Faesinger

Meepfur

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Wylde Roses

Unleashed Healer

23,525 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:16 pm
Rian - she/her - HR

Oh, no! Rian hoped the pretty dears weren't going to get into an altercation --- a little hissing was understandable, since they all wanted a chance to find theirs; so long as nobody got into a showdown that resulted in ichor on the sands and tears being shed, it was... probably fine. Still, she did hate to see little spotted green look so cowed. Poor dear, she'd feel better once she found Hers. And in the meantime, look at lovely purple and teal swirl! What a pretty girl, and clearly seeking out attention even as she looked for hers. Gold flourish, too, seemed eager to be looked at --- was she scolding the candidates who were letting themselves get all dejected?

... Why were they getting dejected, anyway? There were still five dragons on the sands, and all of them were lovely, darling babies who needed Theirs. And--- and if not this Hatching there were others! Maybe, if someone was about to age out they would have reason to be getting upset but... anyone who wasn't yet should just be happy they had the opportunity to meet these little darlings! She certainly was; she knew, after all, she would Impress eventually --- and if she didn't, well, there were always plenty of tasks that needed doing that would still let her be around dragons. She had years yet before she needed to worry about it, either way.

So! For now, she would step just a step or two closer from where she had been standing --- the boy who had tripped into her earlier seemed to be mostly keeping to himself, so it shouldn't be a problem. And these pretty girls deserved a welcome just as good as their siblings had, anyway.

I'm very glad to meet all of you, she thought, glancing from the timid green to her more confident sister, and then to the dear who was sitting back to watch with dignity. If the dears wanted an introduction, that's what they'd get! You're all truly wonderful, and I'm sorry we've been a disappointment when you deserve only the best on your first day.'  
[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff