Saoszuc
Crew

Original Gaian

9,100 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:16 pm
Least favorite area of the game to play through: Definitely the first half of Midgar. Oi. How I do hate that city. Followed shortly by the first run through Junon. Gold Saucer sucked, too.

Least favorite materia: Ultima. Gimme a break. I hardly ever use the spell even after I spend seven thousand hours unlocking it. Then another six years to master the sucker? Lamest prereq for a Master Materia.

Favorite limit: Tifa's string. Oh yes. Followed by Red XIII's various limits - they all have unique tactical applications.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:10 pm
New question: Favorite limit break to use?

New question: Favorite level 4 limit break?

New question: Favorite level 4 limit break to acquire?

New question: Favorite place to level limit breaks (come on, you all know you have a special spot to fight just for limit purposes)?  

Saoszuc
Crew

Original Gaian

9,100 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Alchemy Level 3 100

Chibicid
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:12 am
Just saw Advent Children...wow. I'll have to play around with the extra stuff when I have time...

I'm in love with Square-Enix.  
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 9:47 pm
Chibicid
Just saw Advent Children...wow. I'll have to play around with the extra stuff when I have time...

I'm in love with Square-Enix.

Saw AC tonight.

So, within the context of AC canon, the Aeris theory dies. crying (Mainly because she's not taking quite the active role she did in VII. There are a few other glitchies. She's still a b***h. razz ) Otherwise, they really nailed the characters. Made Reno better than I remembered, actually.

Boo-rah for limit breaks. 3nodding  

Saoszuc
Crew

Original Gaian

9,100 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Alchemy Level 3 100

Chibicid
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:14 pm
I know!!!!!!!!!! My friends and I were calling them out as people performed them. Kickass.

I definitely felt it carried on my general feelings of the story, although I must admit (guiltily) that I wish Aeris was still alive (haha...don't kill me yet Sao). But I really liked the way they ended it (not sure if that counts as a spoiler, so I'm keeping my mouth shut; but you know what I mean if you've seen it). Makes a lot of sense at least.

The characters were so IC it was awesome. Like really. Yuffie was even more annoying than in the game (if that was possible). Cait Sith was even more useless. Cid kicked a**, and seemed a bit more, um, muscular (?) than one would think. Haha. Made me happy though. Tifa was great; totally one of the strongest ones in the movie, character-wise. I was highly amused at their obvious covering up of her well-endowed chest area in the beginning (lolz). I was suprised by the decency of English voice actors; I can't say I was disappointed by any means.

Wow, that was probably a bit off-topic. Moving forth. wink  
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 2:09 pm
Saoszuc
New question: Favorite limit break to use?

New question: Favorite level 4 limit break?

New question: Favorite level 4 limit break to acquire?

New question: Favorite place to level limit breaks (come on, you all know you have a special spot to fight just for limit purposes)?

Gosh, it's been such a long time since I've played the actual game, that I'm thinking very carefully about this....

Fav lvl 4 Limit break - a tie between Tifa's string and Vincent's Chaos. Oh, Omnislash was cool, too, but it was such a pain in the a** to get that so it just botches my favs in there for a bit...

Fav lvl 4 Limit break to acquire - Hmm...I don't know, honestly...(first time around I played FF7, I didn't even know what those items for the limit breaks were until the final dungeon sweatdrop sweatdrop ...I get absentminded like that)

Fav place to level limit breaks - The Downed Shinra Plane. If it wasn't for the fact that sometimes you had to avoid Emerald while going down in the sub (or returning to the surface since it'll sit RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU if you leave), I found that there's a lot of EXP to use...plus some of those enemies hit really hard (well...when you're cheap like me who doesn't waste a lot of gil to get a lot of HP and MP Plus Materia...)

As for AC, yes it's awesome ^^. Totally have to give SquareEnix props for even putting in the most random things in the movie that only FF fans can get....like the victory battle theme on Loz's cell phone or Rude having an extra pair of sunglasses after Reno breaks the first pair. You can tell that the creators had a fun job disregarding all the physics of it all.

And Aeris played out like how I thought she would be -- Maaya Sakamoto (if you listened to the original...her dub voice was AWFULLY dry...) did a good job. 3nodding The overall dub was pretty decent, though some I could say should've been a little bit better....

Getting back on topic...*thinks* I'll go in reverse!

Least favorite limit break to use?

Least favorite character to use in the party?

Least favorite level 4 limit break?

Favorite music?  

Ayame
Captain

Saoszuc
Crew

Original Gaian

9,100 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 4:28 pm
Ayame
Fav place to level limit breaks - The Downed Shinra Plane. If it wasn't for the fact that sometimes you had to avoid Emerald while going down in the sub (or returning to the surface since it'll sit RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU if you leave), I found that there's a lot of EXP to use...plus some of those enemies hit really hard (well...when you're cheap like me who doesn't waste a lot of gil to get a lot of HP and MP Plus Materia...)

Everybody likes the Gelnika. Myself, I prefer those islands near Mideel where there are sandworms on the beach and shrimplike roly-poly things on land (I forget the names for those things, as well as for the islands, and I can't spare the time to look them up right now sweatdrop ). Usually, I try to do the limits before I ever get big enough for the Gelnika, or I'd do them along with my materia leveling.

Ayame
Least favorite limit break to use?

Least favorite character to use in the party?

Least favorite level 4 limit break?

Favorite music?

1.) Vincent. razz

2.) Vincent. razz

3.) Vincent. razz

4.) eek Is "yes" an option? ... Jenova, then. Both atmospheric and battle. (Really, anything by the Black Mages from VII rocks my boxers. 3nodding )  
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 5:06 pm
On Aeris: The scriptwriters stated that they wanted Aeris to die from the begining because they were sick of noble sacrifices and honor and crap. They wanted to kill an innocent person right in front of millions of people, and have there be not a damn thing that people could do about it. They wanted the death to be as meaningless and unexpected as possible so that it would leave a lasting impression on people.

On AC: Square is one of the most incompetent filmmakers I've seen since Blair Witch, except that Blair Witch had a wide variety of reasons to be excused from the running. Sorry, but anybody who can't even hold a camera still in a virtual world has no buisness directing a movie. If I can't even watch it while hopped up on motion sickness pills, it has no buisness being on the big screen.
They also lose a few points for ripping-off Metal Gear Solid with the whole resurrecting-the-big-bad-guy-through-remaining-cells bit.
The sledgehammer christian symbology didn't help things either, nor did cloud's emoness.  

Tanasha

Saoszuc
Crew

Original Gaian

9,100 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 6:29 pm
Tanasha
On AC: Square is one of the most incompetent filmmakers I've seen since Blair Witch, except that Blair Witch had a wide variety of reasons to be excused from the running. Sorry, but anybody who can't even hold a camera still in a virtual world has no buisness directing a movie. If I can't even watch it while hopped up on motion sickness pills, it has no buisness being on the big screen.

I do have to say that while a lot of the cinematography was cherry, there were a few points where I wish I'd had a better DVD player so it would be easier to rewind and watch again so I could figure out WTF was going on.

Tanasha
They also lose a few points for ripping-off Metal Gear Solid with the whole resurrecting-the-big-bad-guy-through-remaining-cells bit.
The sledgehammer christian symbology didn't help things either, nor did cloud's emoness.

Well... while the neo-Reunion recreating Sephiroth was quite a stretch, I think it was different from the MGS premise to enough of a degree to be considered - as much as any genetics idea can be nowadays - relatively original.

Cloud is supposed to be emo; the other characters are the ones with depth. That's the way VII was, too. razz As for Christian symbology: Agreed. I'm tired of this whole cult of personality surrounding Ho. (I think I'll stop using her "real name". razz )  
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:53 pm
Tanasha
they were sick of noble sacrifices .... They wanted the death to be as meaningless and unexpected as possible

Well, since most of the people I know think that Aeris willingly sacrificed herself and preplanned the death so that Holy could take full effect...I'm not sure that they really succeeded in that. wink  

Tahpenes

Quotable Shapeshifter

10,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Champion 300
  • Olympian 200

Tanasha

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 9:13 pm
Tahpenes
Tanasha
they were sick of noble sacrifices .... They wanted the death to be as meaningless and unexpected as possible

Well, since most of the people I know think that Aeris willingly sacrificed herself and preplanned the death so that Holy could take full effect...I'm not sure that they really succeeded in that. wink

Yea, Square's storytelling ability has really gone downhill. It's almost as bad as their cinematography.

Now all they need is for the next FF game to rip-off DBZ, InuYasha, and Naruto, and they'll be all set to rake in the cash on a product comprised of humanity's waste. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:12 pm
You can pretty much say that for anything, really. sweatdrop Seriously, how many remakes of movies, sequels, movies based on books, etc. is just SOCIETY in general going to make? I'm already convinced that society itself is already going to a severe decline....

The next FF game (which is XIII and their compilations) is going to be a very hard step to make, and depending on how FF12 will work out *shrugs* (the storyline does seem interesting, with the exception that you have a very whiny, girly looking guy as one of the main characters...again confused ). Right now, I'm just mainly going to see how the gameplay will work since SquareEnix seems to be turning to the action-based RPG system rather than the turn-based, based on the trailer they showed.  

Ayame
Captain

The Final Fantasy Freaks Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas