Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kells Wolves

Back to Guilds

Tags: wolf, wolves, kells, breedables, Roleplay 

Reply [Location] The River Run
[PVP] Fate Calls (Dawnfire x Night Fell + Fams)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pandora Talie

Shy Kitten

16,175 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Novice Mage 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:05 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Clouds of dust flew everywhere. It was a breezy fall evening in the Desert Land. Dawnfire squinted against the blowing sand and debris from the shelter of her den. The climate was usually quite fair, this time of year, being less hot but still not uncomfortably cold at night. Deserts have seasons too, you know. But today was unfortunate. It’s been over a month since she had seen a leaf-covered tree. They would be beautiful this time of year with the vibrant colors of Autumn. Oh well.

The she-wolf pulled her scarf up about her muzzle and adjusted her headdress, bracing herself before setting out into the dust storm. The worst of it seemed to be over; hopefully, it will pass soon. Sensible folk would probably avoid going out, still; but there was work to be done. Dawnfire was a seer. She had a vision, earlier that morning—or was it a dream. In it, she saw her Alpha as a young pup, which is normal for her, but something else. The pup was covered with mouths and they were all talking at once. So this evening she was to meet with Night Fell and discuss things of some import.

“Come Yacca,” She called to her deer friend, “it is time.”

Kyrieko

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:05 pm
User Image

Dust. It was as far as the eye could see, out in the desert lands. A nuisance at times, but they grew accustom to it. Just like the grew accustom to many things out in what most would call a wasteland. But there was beauty out in the dried up husk of a place. Looking out at the dunes of the desert was a perfect example of its beauty! The way the rose and fell and constantly changed as the wind placed them where it willed. One had to learn to navigate in different ways out here, for the land was always changing.

And they were being dazzled by just such a change this fine day. Okay, so maybe it wasn't quite so "fine", with a dust storm having rolled in full of it's fury. Those that had been scouting had seen the wall of sand in time, hurrying home to warn them all. Night Fell had moved swiftly, tucking wolves in this or that den for safety, familiars that could fly taking wing and those hat couldn't, squishing in with fellow wolf companions.

There was definitely going to be some den reconstruction happening after this one. Night Fell had sighed at the thought, but he continued to search for the perfect location they could settle this pack of theirs that was growing. The sand wallow-like dens were nice to a point... but dust storms buried them back up.

"The winds are whistling less loudly." The alpha observed from his perch. He had sought shelter like his pack had, but once the initial fury had passed, he'd gone back up to weather the sand and watch over those he protected. As the evening had set in, the winds weren't so harsh and it was almost enjoyable. But he'd seen more of his pack members begin to emerge and rid themselves of excess sand.

"That's good. I'm tired of listening to it. And being cooped up with you." Soul Thief complained, comfortably curled up inside a rock outcropping. "You'll need a bath, brother. You look like the newest sand dune!"

Night Fell just snorted, shaking out his coat and glancing back towards the raccoon. "So glad yer cozy as a mouse in there." He growled with a hidden smirk.

Pandora Talie

Kyrieko
Crew

Hilarious Werewolf

Pandora Talie

Shy Kitten

16,175 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Novice Mage 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:46 pm
With her companion in tow, Dawnfire pressed her way through the sandstorm, her red scarf whipping in the wind. Although she was only a few steps from her temporary den, the plaintive howl of the wind was noticeably dying off.

Dawnfire didn’t know Night Fell before coming to the desert. Her visions led her to this place. And she didn’t know, specifically, why they brought her there. After she arrived at the desert, of course, she had another series of visions about the surrounding area and its inhabitants. Despite it being quite different from the place where she grew up, she’s come to call this place home.

She didn’t have far to go today, and she was there before she knew it. Her violet eyes found him perched upon high, overlooking the pack, though she doubted anyone could see much with visibility being as impaired as it is today.

“Good evening,” Dawnfire attempted to greet Night Fell warmly. Unfortunately, with the wind whistling as it still was, she had to strain a little for her voice to carry. The she-wolf waited patiently for him to acknowledge her. He seemed quite comfortable where he was.

Kyrieko

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:12 am
While his vision may have been poor with the sand still rolling through - and only one good eye to see with - he heard the slight difference in sound as paws approached. It was faint, but the alpha was aware someone was approaching. His ears flickered backwards, following the sound until a voice spoke. Surprised, Night Fell turned with a soft canine grin to greet the Seer.

"Dawnfire, darling. It is certainly becoming a much better evening." He gave the area one more looking over before slowly getting to his paws and shaking out as much of the sand as he could before jumping down.

"What brings you out of yer den in this gorgeous weather?" He lightly teased, giving the lady wolf a gentle nuzzle in greeting. Much like he was known to doing for any of his pack mates, but perhaps a little sweeter as Dawnfire was their only Seer. Which would be why Soul Thief managed to peek his head out of the rock formation he was hiding within. Nosy and curious as a rat, that one. No wonder their mother had been ready to toss them out of her clan to grow up in to fine adults!

"What a lovely surprise!" Thief leaped down and on to his wolf brother's back to give the shewolf a gentle pat on the nose.

Refraining from shaking the raccoon from his back, Night Fell instead gestured for them all to follow him down where the wind wasn't so annoying, being blocked by a larger mound of sand. And made it a little easier to hear one another speak. He was quite curious as to what brought their Seer to him this evening, but as she didn't seem distressed, he felt that it was not because another sandstorm was in the works. Or anything dire at the moment.

"Let us walk, and you can tell me what is on your mind? I must make sure our pack is safe. That none have been buried under the sand." At least not by the sandstorm. Now, if they had annoyed someone and then found their face eating sand... well, it wouldn't have been the first time!

Pandora Talie

Kyrieko
Crew

Hilarious Werewolf

Pandora Talie

Shy Kitten

16,175 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Novice Mage 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:55 pm
“Yes... beautiful weather indeed,” she replied dryly, dropping the scarf from her muzzle. Dawnfire sat for a moment to scratch her side. “Might I suggest using that thing for more than just wrapping it around your scruff.” She indicated to his scarf. Taking care of this one is going to be like running up a sand dune: one step forward and two steps back. Dawnfire sighed, a smile gracing her face.

“Thief! Sweetie!” She licked the side of his face. “I hope you are staying out of trouble?” She said with a wink. Yacca approached, as well, although somewhat aloof toward the raccoon.

“Please mistress, don’t be so familiar with that creature,” the deer muttered, more than a little jealousy.

Dawnfire just ignored him, “You’re going to have your paws full in a couple months, you know.” She left it at that; a distant look formed on her face. We both will.

But none of this was what brought her out here this evening. She was here to satisfy her most recent vision. “I was given a vision this morning; I was to speak with you of matters of some import.” Dawnfire looked down the path before them. “Perhaps we can go get a drink? We can check up on some of our pack mates along the way.”

Kyrieko

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:46 pm
Night Fell just shot Dawnfire a lopsided canine grin. Why on earth would he do something so simple? Of course, he wouldn't admit out loud but the thought hadn't crossed his mind during the sand storm. It probably would have helped. Maybe. Then again, he was growing quite accustomed to the taste of sand in the air.

"Ah, my lady Eye of the desert, yer full of such wisdom." The alpha chuckled, wagging his tail in good humor.

The raccoon was only too willing to receive such affection, going so far as to rub noses with the lady wolf. "Of course not! Where's the fun in life if you don't have a bit of trouble in it?" He patted his brother on the head. "Plus, I'm related to this one. Trouble is our middle name~" Ah, and there was the deer. Soul Thief's eyes lit right up, that clear glint of mischief present.

"Creature?!" Thief gasped in feigned indignation. Then leaped from Night Fell's back right on to Yacca's. "Your words wound me so, brother deer."

There was a slight falter in Night Fell's step, his head swinging around so his good eye could glance first at his seer, then at his raccoon brother. Ohoho really?! Thief paused in his tormenting of Yacca to stare dumbfounded at Dawnfire, thinking over her words. Than the raccoon just laughed, slapping the deer on the rear. "Oh, good one! When don't I have my paws full?"

Just you wait, brother mine. Night Fell thought as his attention shifted to the shewolf. She was their only seer of the pack. The Eyes of the desert. While he tended to be the laid back chump of a wolf, he never ignored a vision Dawnfire presented him. There was a momentary pause in his step, and a flickering of his ears before he changed course and headed towards their water source. While not like the grandest of rivers in the forest, this source of water was vital to thriving out here. A little smaller than he would have liked, but Night Fell was pretty sure they could either expand its size, or find another source that would accommodate their growing pack.

"Whatever my lady commands." Fell replied, slowing his pace to walk in step with the shewolf. "Tell me, darling, what did the heavens grace you with this morning?" Whatever it was, they would manage it.

Pandora Talie

Kyrieko
Crew

Hilarious Werewolf

Pandora Talie

Shy Kitten

16,175 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Novice Mage 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:24 pm
“Watch it there,” Yacca said, “those frisky hands might get you bucked off- but since you are there, I have an itch behind my shoulder that could use a scratch.” He conceded.

They walked for a bit, surveying the aftermath of the storm. Mostly the piles of sand had just shifted in places. Stopping every now and again to check on their packmates, they were relieved to see that most looked no worse for wear.

A small water hole nestled beside a cliff face lined with boulders was the perfect place to stop. Little vegetation grows in this sort of desert, but a watering hole is always the exception. This was their main water source, and it was sufficient for a time, but as the pack grew in number the waterhole shrank in comparison.

The winds have calmed by now. At the edge of the pool, Dawnfire looked to Night Fell, “Over the past few days, I have had many reoccurring visions.” She had thought upon this a little as they traveled and spoke with a clear purpose. “I have dreamed of a magnificent water source and of new pack lands.” She smiled knowingly, “We will have to travel southeast, following the rocky cliffs until we see a rock shaped like a serpent.“ Dawnfire added, “It will be a dangerous and difficult journey. But it has to be done for the survival of the pack. Lastly, there is one other thing: winged comrades will bring word of a gathering that you must attend. However, securing the pack must be done before you take your leave.” She dipped her head to lap at the water some more.

Kyrieko

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:17 am
Soul Thief snickered at the deer, letting his little raccoon fingers tease his fur. "Oooh so you're in need of my services, hmm?" He was thankful for the distraction of the words that still sifted around his mind. Really, he didn't want to think too hard about what Dawnfire's meaning actually was...

"Well, I guess since you are providing me a ride..." Thief worked to find the itchy spot while they followed along with their wolves.

Night Fell was quite particular in his surveillance of the aftermath. While he was normally the charmingly witty and charismatic wolf, there were rare times that one could see the alpha that truly lurked behind his facade. Such times as when he was concerned for his pack. His family. He had to be sure that everyone was accounted for, no dens had caved in, familiars were all uninjured - especially the flyers - and that there were no serious injury that needed seeing to. Satisfied that all was well, he felt a bit of tension leave his stride.

When the reached the pool, his gaze fell a little, staring at it's shimmering surface. This was the source of their life. But, was it enough?

Hearing Dawnfire speak once more, Night Fell sat down and focused on her words, a very stoic expression upon his face. That slowly become more calculating as his Eye of the desert was confirming what he had feared... but also giving him hope.

"Southeast..." He glanced towards the evening sky, the little dots of stars slowly becoming more visible. "I knew this source of water was waning... it makes good hearing that there is 'nother. I will have to think upon who to send. I will not move the pack until I know fer sure there's a place to claim." But he never doubted her words. "Perhaps... I will send a Sidewinder... and some Rogues..."

Setting those thoughts aside, Night Fell gave Dawnfire an interested look. "Winged comrades, y'say? Probably Crows. Or Iron Hides.... And I have to attend?" He whined, knowing full well that he'd be delighted to attend such a gathering! Especially if he got to see a couple of his favorite wolves...

"Tell me, my lady of the desert..." He said after a moment, a gentleness to his tone he did not use often. Almost like it made him seem... vulnerable. "Does my lady enjoy livin' in this harsh, ever changing landscape? Did I make the right choice comin' here with his motley bunch o'scruffy pups?"

Pandora Talie

Kyrieko
Crew

Hilarious Werewolf

Pandora Talie

Shy Kitten

16,175 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Novice Mage 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:00 pm
Turning away from him to look at the patterns carved in the rocky cliffside, Dawnfire thought upon his words for a moment and their implications. Does she love the desert the way that he does? Maybe. “The desert makes you stronger,” she said, still considering the striated stone. “It’s always testing your strength. I believe or so fate swings at me that being here is where you belong,” after pausing for dramatic effect she turns to face him, flashing him a smile, “where we all belong.”

And before I forget, “For those, you will send.” She draws the shape of the foretold rock formation with a paw, elegantly sweeping across the sands. Nodding she gestured to its significant features, “Show this to the ones who are going on the task.”

Hmm. There was one last item on the list, her voice dropped to a hush, “I have another, more personal matter to discuss with you.” Dawnfire has always had absolute faith in her visions, they’ve never led her astray before. Leaning a little closer she whispered hesitantly, “I am… to bear you…” is there a different way to this? I guess not, “pups.”

Kyrieko

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:24 am
The desert was always testing their strength.... that was something he heartily agreed with! And it was, perhaps, why he remained here. To prove that this harsh environment could not defeat him? Prove that, even handicapped in a fashion, he could prevail as the alpha these desert dwellers needed. After all, if Snow Rabbit could manage to pull it off... he could too!

"Wise words from my lady." He murmured, flashing Dawnfire a smile. He knew it, deep in his soul, this was where his heart sang the most. But Night Fell had to be sure that the others felt the same. Sure, he'd convinced them to travel out this way. But living out here?

Shaking his head, the alpha went back to his serious business look, moving closer to the lady wolf and watching her sketch a design. "I will have'em sear it to their minds." Night Fell chuckled, memorizing the design himself.

They truly were blessed to have such an Eye among them.

"Thank you, m'lady. You've certainly given me much to think upon." He was still studying the design in the dirt when her tone changed and drew his eye to her. Ears perked, Night Fell leaned in a little, curious as to what would make Dawnfire speak in hushed tones.

Oh. OH. Well. That would certainly make the lady wolf speak in whispers! Soul Thief busted out laughing while the black and white marbled wolf worked to process this. He... was to have pups? With Dawnfire?! Pups?! But... oh snakebite!

"Well." He cleared his throat. "Perhaps... we will be discussing some... other things... later." He managed to get out relatively calm... for now.

Pandora Talie

Kyrieko
Crew

Hilarious Werewolf

Pandora Talie

Shy Kitten

16,175 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Novice Mage 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:14 pm
Being tall on her legs, it was easy for Dawnfire to give the eavesdropper a quick flick of her tail, as an attempt to hush the nosey raccoon with a mouthful of fur.

It wasn’t that she was embarrassed by the notion of bearing pups; but rather, the idea that this was a task of some importance unnerved her. Motherhood is a natural outcome for any female living in a pack. Also, the idea of her looking after pups with her visions—afflicting her as they do—seemed to be an extra burden to the pack’s caretakers.

In any case, this was the way it had to be. Perhaps it could be a novel experience. “Yes,” the she-wolf replied. “We will have to arrange our next meeting before you leave for the gathering.” After a moment Yacca cleared his throat which reminded Dawnfire of another matter to which she needed to attend. “With your permission, Night Fell, I must depart.”

Kyrieko

[Location] The River Run

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff