● Job Requests

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:07 pm
      User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The pack focuses heavily on the acquirement of treasure, although what an individual views as treasure is up to them. Some wolves want trinkets, other want information, and others may seek more sinister payments (first born puppies is a good example). It is completely up to the wolf what they'd seek.

Jobs are important to advance a wolf into a Head or Beta rank. If you're not aiming for those they are just a fun mechanic to advance plots and potentially get your wolf some neat experiences or in-character prizes. To complete a job, you must RP your wolf doing the task requested of them.

Anyone can post in this thread indicating a job! It can range from anything, as long as it is RPable. Some good examples are; assassinate an NPC, find information on a wolf, steal something in-character, RNG until you get a certain number and RP each post, etc etc. It is up to the poster. Posters must indicate the in-character reward. It is never required to offer anything more than an in-character treasure for the wolf performing the job.

If the "reward" is something living, it is NOT required the wolf enacting the job owns that living creature. If a wolf gives away a puppy as payment, the puppy must be legitimately received via shop means and their owner must consent to the plot.

As a general note, any wolves involved in the RP must consent to the job. If someone posts a job request where a wolf must get information on a specific character, there must be a wolf present to provide said information and the owner of the wolf being investigated must consent.

To accept a job, all one must do is quote the post and show the cert of the wolf they'd like to take the job. They will then RP the experience within the forum and post again when it is completed. If the job requires a Crow to interact with another in-shop wolf, the owner must quote the job offering and provide consent.

Jobs can only be done once per posting. If you require multiple wolves to do said job, indicate how many.

A wolf not going through with payment is handled in-character! Drama is loved and no repercussions will come out-of-character for not going through with payment plans. Please indicate in your post if you plan to have you wolf not pay, as that is an RP worthy experience!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:10 am
      A job has been posted! Big Bad has been approached by a desperate and tired mother. Her plea is below;

'I've tried and tried to get my son to sleep through the night, but all he does is cry. I can't take it anymore! I've asked him what he wants and it's bizarre -- he wants a feather from a crow? I can't leave him behind... surely one of you can accomplish the deed?'

To accept this job you must;
      - Quote this post with the image of the pack member you wish to perform the duty
      - RP with a shop-official Crow familiar. It can be one post, several posts, etc! It can be with a Crow you own, or a Crow someone else owns.
      - Obtain a feather in said RP
      - Quote this post a second time with a link to the completed task

Reward;
      - A beautiful shiny coin found near an abandoned building.

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:38 pm
Nymphiea
      A job has been posted! Big Bad has been approached by a desperate and tired mother. Her plea is below;

'I've tried and tried to get my son to sleep through the night, but all he does is cry. I can't take it anymore! I've asked him what he wants and it's bizarre -- he wants a feather from a crow? I can't leave him behind... surely one of you can accomplish the deed?'

- Quote this post with the image of the pack member you wish to perform the duty
      - RP with a shop-official Crow familiar. It can be one post, several posts, etc! It can be with a Crow you own, or a Crow someone else owns.

Reward;

User Image

Looks like Sully is actually doing something altruistic?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:50 pm
Nymphiea

Reward;

OR it could have been born out of coincidence and opportunity. Long as the job gets done?  

medigel

Anxious Spirit

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:59 pm
medigel
Nymphiea

Reward;

OR it could have been born out of coincidence and opportunity. Long as the job gets done?

Confirmed! A job well done!

The wolf, tired as she may be, shows a smile as the feather is delivered. With that, she returns the gesture with payment; a coin found in abandoned and destroyed human ruins.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:00 pm
! A JOB HAS BEEN POSTED !

Head Healer Mudsullied Jackal (better known as Sully) is in need of more resources for the coming winter and requests whoever has the time go out into the field (beyond the normal pack borders) to fetch certain plants for her. With each listed, she gives a description.

"Should've realized it sooner, damn it. Celebration preparation distracted me. And Praise Giving is next, and then who knows what." She sighs, still moving about the healing dens even as you trail after her. This one rarely sits down. "Just get a bundle, more if you can. I've got a feeling this winter will be harsh."

Sully is looking for the following. Choose a few to focus on:
  • Celandine - crushed into a juice to apply to damaged or weakened eyes
  • Starflower (if pressed, she'll add another name is borage) - good for nursing mothers' milk production, fever reducer, stomach ailments, chest tightness
  • Broom - made into a poultice for broken bones and wounds
  • Daisy leaves - eases joint pain
  • Lavender - scent is inhaled continuously to reduce fever/chills; may also be used to mask the scent of death or the dying
  • Chamomile - eaten to reduce stress and restore strength in weary wolves
  • Honey (to be collected by the comb in bowl-like leaves she provides; watch out for bees) - for sore throats, coughs, and to swallow less pleasant things
  • Laurel leaves - used for herbal wraps
  • Yarrow - induces vomiting, heals cracked paw pads, and extracts poisons from wounds
  • Dock leaves (DO NOT mix up with beech leaves) - eases scratches and other minor wounds; good for apprentice healers to practice with
  • Marigold - chewed into a poultice or crushed into juice to stop infection, stop bleeding, and ease inflamed or stiff joints
  • Spiderwebs (not a plant, but useful nonetheless) - helps keep bindings together
  • Sturdy sticks - patients can bite down on them when in pain during procedures; can also be part of a splint

Up to 4 wolves may take this on. To accept this job:
  • Quote this post with the cert of the pack member/members (if two or more decide to forage together)
  • Create an rp or solo in which your wolf locates one or more of the requested items. It must be 500+ words to count.
  • When starting the thread, roll 2d10 and refer to the table below. The first dice represents the first half of your search, the second dice the latter half. If you roll (1,1), your search is a failure and you are sent back out again. Adjust descriptions accordingly for your rp flavor/to better suit your character.
    Quote:
      1. First frost is creeping faster than expected. Much of the ground you check is either infertile or stiff to the touch. Better check elsewhere...
      2. You catch movement as you search and think you smell a hare nearby. Only...The scent is soured somehow, nothing you've ever sensed before: foul, but not of the dying sort. More like blood, if blood could be corrupted somehow. You lose track of the hare before long - best continue your gathering.
      3. While checking out a field, you notice unusual foot traffic in the form of trampled grass outside of patrol routes. Roll 1d4:
        Evens: You catch a pair of Crows making a secret dalliance in the tall grass. They are either embarrassed, unaware, or try to shoo you away.
        Odds: Following the trail leads you to a small muddy bank by the river. An accomplished hunter would be able to tell that these are fox prints: all observers, however, notice that there's a strange indentation in the middle of one paw print, though the mud has blurred whatever it might have been.
      4. Nothing out of the ordinary happens. Your search is going pretty decently!
      5. You pass by a small hole: at the bottom is a layer of leaves, dirt, and a dead squirrel. It appears to have snapped its neck upon the fall. Someone's trap has been sprung.
      6. Jackpot! Your search has been going well! You must have a nose for this or something.
      7. Something about this part of the forest is off. Too quiet. And yet the only thing you notice is that the bottoms of some trees are scratched and completely branchless; the whorls left behind almost appear eye-like, as if they watch you as you walk. Perhaps you're too close to the center of the Redwoods and just spooking yourself...
      8. A ghastly sight befalls you: someone not only killed a crow near your territory, but they mangled its corpse and left it to the elements. It doesn't appear to have been eaten from, and flies buzz about its innards.
      9. A particularly large and surly looking bear is ranging near where you spy a group of resources you need. Do you approach or try somewhere else?
      10. You feel like you're being watched as you harvest. Quote medigel with a reaction!
  • Quote this post a second time with a link to the finished rp and a small roleplayed description of what was found and if you have anything to report.

Reward
Sully is actually an accomplished masseuse, believe it or not. She doesn't have the best bedside manner, but she's willing to take time out of her schedule to ease muscle soreness and play chiropractor as compensation. Once.

Time Frame
This job will be open from November 1st - November 30th!

medigel

Anxious Spirit

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:56 pm
medigel

Head Healer Mudsullied Jackal (better known as Sully) is in need of more resources for the coming winter and requests whoever has the time go out into the field (beyond the normal pack borders) to fetch certain plants for her. With each listed, she gives a description.

"Should've realized it sooner, damn it. Celebration preparation distracted me. And Praise Giving is next, and then who knows what." She sighs, still moving about the healing dens even as you trail after her. This one rarely sits down. "Just get a bundle, more if you can. I've got a feeling this winter will be harsh."

• Starflower (if pressed, she'll add another name is borage) - good for nursing mothers' milk production, fever reducer, stomach ailments, chest tightness
  • Lavender - scent is inhaled continuously to reduce fever/chills; may also be used to mask the scent of death or the dying
  • Honey (to be collected by the comb in bowl-like leaves she provides; watch out for bees) - for sore throats, coughs, and to swallow less pleasant things
  • Yarrow - induces vomiting, heals cracked paw pads, and extracts poisons from wounds
  • Dock leaves (DO NOT mix up with beech leaves) - eases scratches and other minor wounds; good for apprentice healers to practice with
  • Marigold - chewed into a poultice or crushed into juice to stop infection, stop bleeding, and ease inflamed or stiff joints
  • Spiderwebs (not a plant, but useful nonetheless) - helps keep bindings together
  • Sturdy sticks - patients can bite down on them when in pain during procedures; can also be part of a splint

• Quote this post with the cert of the pack member/members (if two or more decide to forage together)
  • Create an rp or solo in which your wolf locates one or more of the requested items. It must be 500+ words to count.
  • When starting the thread, roll 2d10 and refer to the table below. The first dice represents the first half of your search, the second dice the latter half. If you roll (1,1), your search is a failure and you are sent back out again. Adjust descriptions accordingly for your rp flavor/to better suit your character.
    Quote:
      1. First frost is creeping faster than expected. Much of the ground you check is either infertile or stiff to the touch. Better check elsewhere...
      2. You catch movement as you search and think you smell a hare nearby. Only...The scent is soured somehow, nothing you've ever sensed before: foul, but not of the dying sort. More like blood, if blood could be corrupted somehow. You lose track of the hare before long - best continue your gathering.
      3. While checking out a field, you notice unusual foot traffic in the form of trampled grass outside of patrol routes. Roll 1d4:
        Evens: You catch a pair of Crows making a secret dalliance in the tall grass. They are either embarrassed, unaware, or try to shoo you away.
        Odds: Following the trail leads you to a small muddy bank by the river. An accomplished hunter would be able to tell that these are fox prints: all observers, however, notice that there's a strange indentation in the middle of one paw print, though the mud has blurred whatever it might have been.
      5. You pass by a small hole: at the bottom is a layer of leaves, dirt, and a dead squirrel. It appears to have snapped its neck upon the fall. Someone's trap has been sprung.
      6. Jackpot! Your search has been going well! You must have a nose for this or something.
      7. Something about this part of the forest is off. Too quiet. And yet the only thing you notice is that the bottoms of some trees are scratched and completely branchless; the whorls left behind almost appear eye-like, as if they watch you as you walk. Perhaps you're too close to the center of the Redwoods and just spooking yourself...
      8. A ghastly sight befalls you: someone not only killed a crow near your territory, but they mangled its corpse and left it to the elements. It doesn't appear to have been eaten from, and flies buzz about its innards.
      9. A particularly large and surly looking bear is ranging near where you spy a group of resources you need. Do you approach or try somewhere else?
      10. You feel like you're being watched as you harvest. Quote medigel with a reaction!
  • Quote this post a second time with a link to the finished rp and a small roleplayed description of what was found and if you have anything to report.
    Reward
    Sully is actually an accomplished masseuse, believe it or not. She doesn't have the best bedside manner, but she's willing to take time out of her schedule to ease muscle soreness and play chiropractor as compensation. Once.

Time Frame
    User Image
    He may not know much about specific herbs, but as a Gatherer, he's decent about finding things that seems useful. Besides, this reward seems worth his time.  
  • PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:53 pm
    medigel

Quote:
    Reward

Time Frame

Breath of the Wild would like to accept this job! Though, much like Haunting Echo, he is not the most up to snuff on plant knowledge, he will do his best to find some of the items Sully requires.

• RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:35 pm
    medigel

Quote:
    Reward

Time Frame

Breath of the Wild trotted happily back into the main area of the pack, immediately setting his sights upon Mudsullied Jackal and working his way over to her. Once he had her attention (he wasn't the best nonverbal communicator, but she got the idea), he dipped his head down and dropped the found plants. Clearing his throat, he announced: "Lavendar, Dock Leaves, and Starflower." Breath wasn't sure what else to say, so he just kind of... awkwardly left it at that.  
  • PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:22 am
    medigel

Quote:
    Reward

Time Frame

With a spring in his step, Haunting Echo returned to camp and dropped the sticks in front of the Head Healer.

"Got these for ya, since they were on your list. These too, but they're sort of, uh, stuck." He said, turning around to show his spiderweb covered tail, which was beginning to itch. Maybe he'd picked up a spider along with its web. He shuddered at the thought. "I'll cash in my reward at a later time, but for the time being, let's get this mess from my tail without ruining any of your precious materials." He suggested to her with a half-smile.  

• belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
    • Bunny Spotter 50
    • Bunny Hunter 100
    • Bunny Hoarder 150
    [Pack] The Crows (Redwoods)

Manage Your Items
    Other Stuff
    Get GCash
    Offers
    Get Items