Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kells Wolves

Back to Guilds

Tags: wolf, wolves, kells, breedables, Roleplay 

Reply [Location] The Bluestone Mountains
[PRP] The Cold North (Two Tone & Black Ice)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MangoMeow
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:25 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Red eyes scanned the glittering snow, trying to spot any prey that might be running about during the day. After all, it was surprisingly nice weather for a place that was always cold and windy, and she was hoping that some unsuspecting creature had decided to venture out in it.

High above her, nothing more than a speck in the sky, she could spy Sleet soaring through the air. The crow was her lookout whenever she hunted, though she doubted that she'd need her help today.

Pausing where she stood, Black Ice gave a low growl at the sound of a twig snapping, her body lowering as she eyed the direction it'd come from.

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:37 pm
MangoMeow

User Image

Two Tone didn't always venture this far North into the mountains, but soon the pack would need to be moving, and with how big they had gotten, other dens would need to be scouted for. Unfortunately, the male didn't know if the pack would be able to make it through this particular weather. The tundra's terrain was harsh, even more so than the Bluestone's midrange. The wind bit hard into the skin, causing an occasional shudder from the proud alpha's form.

His dual gaze looked around, not watching where he had stepped, inadvertently stepping on a fallen twin, snapping it. The sound fell on his deaf ears as the wind whistled around him, not noticing the darker wolf nearby.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

MangoMeow
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:57 pm
Black Ice's eyes narrowed at the foreign wolf, noting the air about him that showed purpose, importance. As someone who lived relatively alone (Sleet aside, anyway), she was fairly unfamiliar with pack dynamics, but that didn't mean she didn't recognize a wolf from further down south. Not that that was hard either, honestly - only the brave wolves dared to venture towards the tundra. Still, this might be one from one of the packs down that way, and the last thing she wanted was an unknown factor claiming the territory she lived in.

Stifling the growl in her throat, she stalked forward a bit more, slinking across the ground until she was close enough to observe him better. Finally, with a shake that made the feather trinket on her ear jingle, she spoke up, "Uncomfortable in this weather?"

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 4:53 pm
MangoMeow

Two Tone's step faltered as what he thought was a shadow slinked its way towards him, speaking against the wind. "Just not use to it." The alpha found himself commenting, his gaze falling on the female. Her marks were similar to one of his pack members, and her dye was reminiscent of the avians he had been trying (and practically failing) at recruiting.

He had lost his winter coat long ago, making the tundra world a bit more unbearable than he would like to admit. "But it seems you are accustomed to it. It tells me this place is livable, but perhaps made for many."

He could cross Tundra off his list of migration places. "How does one live here? Is there even any game to hunt?" He found his eyes darting around, looking for any signs of prey beast that would wander the lands.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

MangoMeow
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 11:38 am
She raised an eyebrow at him, taking a moment to decide how to answer. "As you said, you get used to it. It is a harsh place, there's no mistaking that, but once you've learned how to hunt in frigid cold and your fur has grown out enough to compensate, it's bearable." She paused then to look upwards, the little speck above her now wheeling around to land on a tall rock perch. "I'm also not entirely alone."

Black Ice looked back at him with a blink, eyes narrowed in thought. She hoped he wasn't considering moving his pack here. The last thing she needed was competition in the form of an entire pack. That said, she wasn't the type to lie or mince words.

"And yes, of course there's prey." She snorted, "I'm sure it's different than what you see in the warmer regions, but they are here."

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 5:19 pm
MangoMeow

Two Tone's two-toned eyes glanced up, seeing the avian companion take a landing. "I guess you are not." He murmured, gaze settling back on the darker wolf with a sheepish grin.

"I don't think my pack would enjoy this weather." He caught sight of her narrowed glance, taking a small step back. He would no encroach on her personal space, or want to appear that he was to her.

"Probably." He agreed. "I can't see large prey living in this climate. Perhaps they do, but you would know that more than I would." He glanced back towards the tall rock the crow had landed on. "One normally doesn't see a bird as much as a companion, do you not get lonely not having your own kind around?" Two Tone still believed Black Ice was the only (possibly crazy) wolf to live in the Tundra, not having seen any other canines just yet.

"Do you just stay here all the time?" Two Tone may have been growing accustomed to the wind that bit his skin, but the icy ground still felt like daggers in his calloused paw pads.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

MangoMeow
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 12:52 pm
Good. Assuming he wasn't trying to pull a fast one of her, it meant that she needn't worry about a pack deciding to live around here.

His next inquiry made her pause, Black's ear flicking in thought. "... Generally speaking... yes. I stay here year round." She paused to look back towards Sleet, perched high up in the tree as she was, "Not usually. Perhaps it's a product of how I was raised." A lone wolf from birth, Black Ice had never really experienced pack life before and thus had no reason to miss it. Sleet sometimes made similar comments as this wolf - how she was always so cold towards newcomers and that she should try being a little more warm sometimes.

But then, she wondered if that would change her. Would it be for the better? Who really knew.

So she grunted, "As it is though, I don't care much for if it's 'normal'. Birds are creatures just like us, and I've found my friend to be as talkative as any wolf I've seen."

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:02 pm
MangoMeow

Two Tone found himself humming. "I don't think I could imagine being a lone wolf." Maybe in his younger days, but now that he was older, and had seen the life in a pack, he couldn't trade it for anything. "But if that is how you were raised, I can't really counter with anything."

The alpha chuckled, feeling a small shiver run through his bones. The cold was catching up to him, staying in the tundra wouldn't last much longer.

"I guess there is no true definition of normal, hmm?" Two Tone gave a lopsided grin, aimed towards Black Ice. He knew a few other members had bird companions in the pack, but he had yet to befriend one. Soon, maybe? If he got some pointers from Kindle?

"Well then I guess life isn't that lonely for you then," a warm smile flickered towards the she-wolf. "While I don't wish to intrude on your territory much longer, is there a cave nearby or anything I may thaw my paws in?" Another grin, as one paw flashed at Black, showing the reddening skin underneath. "I think I need to get the chill out before heading back down the pass.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

MangoMeow
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:39 pm
Her ear flicked thoughtfully as he seemed to shiver, before her gaze switched down to his paw. Hmm, she was so used to the cold that things like this didn't really bother her, but the reddened skin certainly didn't look comfortable to him. She didn't normally stick around others, but she liked to think she wasn't heartless either.

So, with a nod, Black Ice turned her head in a gesture to the right of her. She wouldn't let him near her den, but the tundra had it's fair share of caves, including one nearby.

"There is one that way, though I don't recommend staying too long. The temperature tends to drop even more at night."

KasaiLoki

[Location] The Bluestone Mountains

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff