Welcome to Gaia! ::

[CLOSED work]

Back to Guilds

closed 

Tags: Fantasy, Magic, Roleplay, Literate, Semi-Literate 

Reply Grand Academy of Eoana โžฃAcademy Facilities
Academy Grounds โžฃObservatory [Spellcasting Classroom] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Raiyun
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:56 am
User Image
๐“ '๐“ช๐“ป๐“ช ๐“’๐“ฎ๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ผ๐“ฝ๐“ฎ ๐“š๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ช

โ•’โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ• โ• โ• โ• โ• โ•

"Hmmm, 'Mend Wounds'," Q'ara would say in response as he continued to speak. "Mastered you say..." She would say in a slightly unconvinced voice before bring her hand up to her chin and looking back at the boy. "Well I won't contest your words, but I will say this, magic as a whole has a deep complexity stemming from even more complexity. For even the simplest of magic, it could take decades to truly understand and completely master any given spell," She said as she gave the beginnings of a lecture, she didn't continue on from there however as she felt he might understand what she was trying to tell him, not to mention these were things she would be going over in class once they all begun.

"Ah, I suppose we can get right into the thick of it then," She said with a smirk as she stepped in front of him and brought her hands up in front of her. "Though I am sure you could easily do so to pass, I think it would be too easy to ask you to cast a component you are familiar with," Q'ara said almost teasingly, as if she was saying that she wanted to test him a little bit further, as if she was already confident that he could pass. "Alright then, here is your test, I'd like for you to cast the 'luminescence' component," She would say with a smile as she folded her hands in front of her chest again. Since he claimed to be a bit more experienced with components as a whole, she chose NOT to tell him how to cast the component to gauge his ability as a whole. If he had ever attempted it in the past, then he likely would breeze through this test, which admittedly Q'ara was hoping wasn't the case, although she wouldn't fault him for being prepared. If, on the other hand, he had never attempted it but at least studied up on the component, then he would at least have all the knowledge he needed to know 'how' to cast it, and she would be able to gauge his ability to grasp knew concepts. Of course lastly, if he had no knowledge of this component, then she would treat him no different then other students she had tested, and give him the information needed to be able to cast the component. While waiting to see what he would do, she eagerly watched to see which it would be. "Whenever you're ready..."

โ• โ• โ• โ• โ• โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•›

The_Littlest_Dragonfly

Oyehh

Chelly Usagi

Tala Maxwell

Voice of Aegis

TrashPuppy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:55 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
โ–Œ PROFILEXXโ–Œ LOCATION: Four feet away from Q'araXXโ–Œ OUTFIT: Regular: Light XXโ–Œ OOC:---------XX

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Xeih tilted and scratched his head at the professor's initial response. He was a bit taken back by; she seemed skeptical of his words. She wasn't wrong about her claims on the complexity of magic, but for the lack of confidence he had in social skills, he somewhat makes up said confidence in spellcasting. He's cast the Diviner spell plenty of times in many different settings, so much so it has gotten to the point where he there is little to no struggle in casting it. When he empowers the spell, it goes beyond it's capabilities most would think unimaginable. Alas, through her words it seems that Xeih and the professor probably have different definitions of "mastered". Is there a different height in which that the spell can be cast? Is it possible to combine this spell with others? Many of these questions swirled in the enhancer's head before they were quickly interrupted by the next set of words the professor spoke.

The timid enhancer sighed; he wasn't surprised that she didn't let him choose the component that was going to be cast, but it would've been nice to say the least. That would be too easy for someone who already stated that they have experience in spellcasting. Although this didn't worry Xeih, he was ready for whatever component she would throw at him. Xeih has spent a vast amount of his life studying spells, so he felt he was bound to at least recognize the name of the component she was going to have him cast. And, as luck would have it, she did. Xeih's eyes lit up a bit when she said "luminescence". Although he's never cast it before, he's read over it more than once before.

Xeih nodded his head when the professor finished speaking, and took one step back to give himself a little room. The timid boy that stood before her moments ago faded away a little bit. Xeih took much joy and pride when he casts spells. He always thinks of this mother, and how much enthusiasm she sent his way whenever he made any feat in magic, or anything else at that matter. Xeih held his hand to chest, folding one hand over it. "I've yet to cast this component before... I find the components of spells to be the most intriguing and fun. To think that people had to figure these out on their own, and how to mix and weave them into other spells..." Xeih's words trailed off as he closed his eyes and channeled the light inside him, as if it was dancing around his heart, to it's steady yet effervescent beat. The enhancer learned that starting the channeling of energy before the movement personally allowed him to move around the energy with more ease. Xeih smiled as he brought his hands up in front of him, opening his left hand, and if he remembered correctly, he is to take his right hand and make a grasping fist on top of his left hand.

The next step was light and the final motion; he imagined the most beautiful light he's ever seen, a light of warmth and protection. A light more peaceful than the healing magic of a diviner, a light that shined more elegantly than that of fireflies. This particular light was the sun that used to pear through his bedroom window as a kid, where his mother would be tugging open the curtains and begin to scold him for sleeping in yet again. And for just a moment, Xeih could see the reflection of the sun in his mother's amber eyes. Now what could be more beautiful? Gesturing his hand down as these thoughts swelled in his mind, he felt magic energy swell. Opening his eyes now, hands facing towards the professor, Xeih let the word leave his lips that was the song to this magics dance, "Tamil... Tamil.." And as he said the word, he empowered the component.

โ–ƒ โ–ƒ โ–ƒ โ–ƒ โ–ƒ โ–ƒ โ–ƒ โ–ƒ โ–ƒ โ–ƒ โ–ƒ โ–ƒ โ–ƒ โ–ƒ โ–ƒ

TrashPuppy

Raiyun
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:55 am
User Image

Watching the boy in front of her, Q'ara waited eagerly to see what the boy could do. Watching his form, she watched as he brought his hands up in front of him, similarly to what she had shown Thanya earlier, but with a slight variation of the hand's gestures. She watched as he closed his eyes, and felt the energy start to build. From how swiftly he had grasped the concept and was able to push it into implementation, she estimated him to have a fairly high intelligence, now to gauge his overall ability. The moment that he opened his eyes with enthusiasm and said the words, a brilliant burst of light shot forth completely overtaking the light coming into the room.

Q'ara's eyes went wide for a moment unexpectedly before suddenly narrowing as her expression grew a bit more serious. Her eyes suddenly changed color as a reddish-violet hue overtook them as she looked into his component. As if she was scanning him and his component, her eyes shifted back and forth in small shifts in all directions before she just as suddenly reached her hand out to him, and placed her hand into his outreached palm making a grasping gesture as she let out a word of her own. "Tua Diffodd!..." The words came out of her mouth with a strong vocal resonance that echoed through the room before causing the component in his hand to suddenly implode into itself within her grasp. For a moment, she simply stood staring at him until her eyes shifted back to their normal color, and she took in a small breath and sighed.

"Trouble-maker," She said with a light chuckle while bringing her hand up to his forehead and flicking it lightly. "You were supposed to just cast the component, not use your raiment," She said before standing straight up again and crossing her hands in front of her chest. "Hmm, thanks to your little stunt your component was explosively brilliant, so I'll have to gauge your overall power another time, however, I can at least verify you have enough to cast low tier spells." She said while bringing her hand up to her chin once more, stroking it as if she was contemplating her thoughts while stroking an imagery beard.

"You've certainly peaked my interest, you'll have to tell me about your raiment sometime," She said fairly nonchalant before continuing on with her assessment. "Before I extinguished your component, I also took note that you held a pretty steady luminescence, I am impressed that you have garnered enough control to do so, but don't let it get to your head, you've still got much to learn, as well as the capacity to grow," She said with a smile as she started to step back towards the center of the room. "Welcome to the Spellcasting Class," She said while turning back to face him with arms held open in a welcoming gesture. "I am Q'ara Celeste Krea, your teacher henceforth, might I have your name boy?"

The_Littlest_Dragonfly

Oyehh

Chelly Usagi

Tala Maxwell

Voice of Aegis

TrashPuppy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:37 am
โ–Œ PROFILEXXโ–Œ LOCATION: Four feet away from Q'araXXโ–Œ OUTFIT: Regular: Light XXโ–Œ OOC:---------XX

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
The light that flowed through Xeih's body and out through his hands was blinding, overtaking seemingly the entire room. It was a manifestation of the beauty he pictured to the very letter. An overwhelming feeling of protection and grace. He felt it ease out of him as he cast the component, as if he was the wick to the most divine candle. In that moment, Xeih felt he could hold onto this component for a lifetime, until all of it vanished when the professor imploded it into her hand. Xeih was a bit shocked on how easily she took control of the component, then again, it wasn't surprising at all given that she was the spellcasting professor. Being able to nullify a spell that could possibly go haywire is definitely a skill to have when one is going to be teaching student's spells and so forth. There was a moment where they were staring at each other after she imploded the spell in her hand. Xeih squinted and took a quick mental note. Her eyes... His mental note taking was quickly interrupted by a flick to the forehead.

Xeih smiled himself and giggled nervously, "Sorry... I really wanted to impress you." Using his raiment was probably not the greatest idea when he needs to be properly assessed for his magical prowess, but in this moment, he just wanted to show off. Even if they were the only ones there, he wanted to desperately prove that he belonged in the class. He then rubbed his forehead as she continued to speak. He didn't register fully that he was flicked until now. Was that a kind gesture? A disciplinary one? Wait... did he do something wrong? Xeih stood there wrapped in his own realm of questions. Subconsciously, he continued to run his forehead from the flick as the professor continued to speak. He nodded in response to her comment about telling her about his raiment sometime. It wasn't much to discuss since it was quite simple, she most likely already discerned it but she didn't seem like the one to make an assumption and go with it as fact, especially when the person in front of her has facts already.

Her words eased every anxiety Xeih had before coming into the classroom. He was worried that he was going to be shunned and thought of as a unworthy spell caster. But as he had this experience in trying out for the class, he grew a little bit of the confidence he had when practicing spells alone or at home. And as she said, he wasn't letting her praise go to his head. He was well aware that he was by no means an advanced spellcaster or anything of the sort. After the professor introduced herself, Xeih put one foot slightly in front of the other and bowed gently and nobly. "It's.. It's a pleasure to meet you Ms. Krea. I am Xeih Heifelnd, of Langfrey. I'm... relieved and... thankful, for your acceptance. I find this outcome more delightful than the one I had earlier today..." Xeih would await her response, and given the chance to head back to his dorm and in which he would go attempt to rest, he shall leave.

-Exit Xeih for End of RP day-

TrashPuppy

Raiyun
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:54 pm
User Image

Stepping into the Observatory, Q'ara took a deep breath snapped her fingers as all fo the candelabras on the walls suddenly lit with flames and added extra light to the room. She nodded in acceptance as she looked over the newly furnished building. The observatory itself was built as an oblong oval, with a circular staircase at one of its ends that led up to a perfectly circular upper room that held a large telescope encased in a large glass dome pointed out and at the stars. In the lower oval room, Q'ara had the tables and chairs for her students arranged in an oval that mirrored the room's walls, her own desk sitting just in front of the staircase, allowing for all of the students and even herself to sit facing the center towards the center of the room. In this way, everyone could equally see her and be at an almost uniform distance so that they could pay close attention while learning the arts of spellcasting.

Satisfied with herself, she walked to the backside of the room where her desk was situated and placed her bag down at its edge. It had several baubles and trinkets that she would be using later in her lessons once they had gone through the starter sections of her curriculum. At the moment, she only had 3 students, so she brought additional material in case the starting curriculum was short lived. She wouldn't make the assumption, per say, but wanted to be ready none the less. "Hmmmm," She said to herself as she looked over the seats now, wondering if she should allow them to sit where they please, or assign seating in kind as she waited for her students to arrive.

The_Littlest_Dragonfly

Oyehh

Chelly Usagi

Tala Maxwell

Voice of Aegis

TrashPuppy

Kowsauni

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:33 pm
THANYA KAMSING
The Bearcat

User Image

[Thanya enters the Observatory for the new RP Day.]

Thanya would bound in through the front doors observatory, obviously excited to begin her first full class of spellcasting. Upon seeing her teacher she would state excitedly "Miss Q'ara I'm ready to begin class. I didn't try to practice on my own, just like you asked, though, I did read any book I could find on spell casting in the Library. To be honest, I didn't understand what they were talking about most of the time." Thanya would grin in embarrassment as her last comment.

Thanya would look around at the newly placed desks. "Ohhh, so this is what you decided on from last time. So, were should I sit, Ma'am?"

Raiyun

Kowsauni

TrashPuppy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:17 pm
โ–Œ PROFILEXXโ–Œ LOCATION: Left side of the room, standing.XXโ–Œ OUTFIT: Regular: Light XXโ–Œ OOC:---------XX

-Enter Xeih into the Observatory-

Xeih woke up at a decent time for once in his life. It was the exhaustion he felt every time he woke up that caused him to never want to leave his bed. It was like his bed was the most comfortable each time he woke up. Also he legitimately wakes up to every sound in the night, also lacking feeling tired for most of the night to begin with. During the sleeplessness, Xeih can usually be found reading books. He loved all sorts of books, and always was ready to learn something new. He had a major soft spot for fantasy novels though. He appreciated their artistic beauty, and loved the different worlds and applications of magic people presented from their imaginations. Spellcasting books also were something he was extremely fond of, and something he would continue gaining knowledge in.

Xeih didn't try to hurry to class, he knew he was going to be on time. He was so delighted and happy to be accepted into the spellcasting class. Nothing too anxiety inducing. Hopefully. He's pretty sure it won't be. Spellcasting was one of the only things, if not the only thing, he had confidence in. Magic allowed him to be expressive, more so than his typical timid self. Arriving at the observatory, he entered the classroom. Examining the room, he noticed the girl that left the room from last class. She was a little shorter than Xeih, something that he wasn't used to. By her ears Xeih took note that she was a shifter. He couldn't really tell at first though. The shape of her ears were quite distinct. He decided he could figure it out or ask her later. She seemed to have just entered the classroom as well.

Clenched in his arms, to his chest, was a Beginner's Elementor Spellcasting book he (stole) brought with him from home. It was their only copy of the book, so at first he felt kind of bad for taking it. Although him and his mother were the only ones in their home who were Spellcasters and she didn't necessarily need the book. He was expecting a letter from his mother soon scolding him for taking the book. Xeih looked at the other student, then the teacher. He bowed his head in their direction as a greeting, and said nothing. He awaited for the professor or the girl to initiate a conversation, if they were not already having one. Xeih was unsure if they could sit where they want or if it was going to be assigned. So, he decided to stand a little bit away from the two of them.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:07 pm
User Image
โ•”โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•

[ - Begin Interaction For New RP Day - ]

Lelyna absolutely hated being late, but she was still getting her bearings when it came to locating the observatory. Walking up to the door, she released a sigh of frustration at her tardiness. There were already voices emanating from the inside of the class which was a clear indication that she was likely the last to arrive. Bracing herself for the embarrassing moment that was to come, Lelyna knocked on the door before pushing it open and stepping inside.

โ€œPardon the intrusion and my tardiness, Professorโ€ฆโ€ Lelyna said as she closed the door behind her and stood off to the side. She would have sought a place to sit, if she could see where anything in the room was. That was the trouble with places like this โ€“ they were different than the standard classrooms which meant that if Lelyna just walked inside she could trip or bump into something. After years of doing just that, sheโ€™d learned to stand off to the side and out of the way when at all possible.

Holding her hands in front of her, Lelyna listened and patiently waited for instruction or guidance on what to do. Because this was an entirely new class she had no idea what to expect. Would they be sitting down and going over textbook lessons? Would they be standing and doing physical exercises? It was anyoneโ€™s guess but she would be ready.

โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•

Diviner || Lelyna Thaniels

Raiyun

Chelly Usagi

Trashpuppy

Kowsauni

Lelyna Thaniels - [x]

The_littlest_dragonfly
Vice Captain

Beloved Guildswoman

10,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200

Raiyun
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:19 pm
User Image

Pulled out some of the items from her bag, Q'ara placed some of the trinkets and other random items onto the desk surface before looking back at the students entering the room. First came Thanya, whose eagerness started to show through as she immediately stepped up to Q'ara and started freely speaking eagerly to her teacher. "Well done," Q'ara said in response to Thanya's words. "I applaud you for at least trying to learn more, but yes magic in and of itself is fundamentally difficult, dare I say even your raiment will be foreign to you in its understanding, even if you intuitively know how to use it," She said with a smile as she leaned against her desk. Q'ara was about to tell her where she can sit with the next student Xeih stepped into the classroom.

"Good Morning, Xeih, you two can take a seat wherever you like, we have another student that should be arriving soon, but we can at least get started for now," She said while turning back to her desk and continuing to pull out the remaining objects in her desk. Once she was set, Q'ara turned to face them and started to pace towards the center of the room. "Alright, so before we begin, I'd like to start by telling you what you can expect in this classroom, what I expect from you, and some ground rules I need each of you to abide by if you wish to continue to be a student of this class..." She started to say just as the door opened once more as the last of her current students entered. "Ah, Lelyna, you are actually just in time, I was only now starting the lesson, like the rest of the students, you may take a seat whereever you please," She said initially, before then raising a brow as she saw Lelyna's hesitance to step forward.

"Ah, the room in front of you is a large oval, the tables are arranged in an ovalish semi-circle following the edges of the room, there is a space in front of you between tables, and to your right or left, you'll find the forementioned tables following the curvature of the room," Q'ara said with a small smile, giving the general layout of the room to Lelyna. Sure, Q'ara could have gone over and guided her to a seat, but she felt that if Lelyna was to excel in this class and in life, she would need to do what she can when she can for herself. She knew she was more than capable and would leave her to her own devices whenever possible. Once Lelyna found her seat, Q'ara would go to the center of the room and begin.

"First and foremost, this class as you know is a spellcasting class, so as you can expect, I'm going to teach you aspects of magic that you likely never even considered possible, starting with the most basic understanding of magic as a whole. As such, you need to be ready and willing to alter and accept what I am going to teach you, even to the extent of emptying your mind of what you think you know if needed, so that you can learn, and do," Q'ara said as she looked from each student to the next. "Now, with that in mind, let us first see what it is that you do know by asking a simple question, what IS magic?" Q'ara asked while holding her hands out in front her in an inquisitive gesture. "Anyone?..."

The_Littlest_Dragonfly

Oyehh

Chelly Usagi

Tala Maxwell

Voice of Aegis

TrashPuppy

Kowsauni

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:52 pm
THANYA KAMSING
The Bearcat

User Image

After taking her seat Thanya would ponder this question for a moment. She knew the textbook definition that had read in her books. In fact, each one had a little bit different way of defining it, which led her to believe there wasn't an exact consensus on this subject. Still she wasn't sure if the teacher was going for a textbook definition or a more personal answer...So Thanya would go with both.

After clearing her throat Thanya would speak up. "Well, the books I read generally defined defined magic as a supernatural power used to influence a course of events. But I feel magic is simply a a different way of accomplishing things. Once you know how to use it, it is no more mysterious or mystical then any other tool. I know when I first left the jungle to study at the academy, many of the things I encountered in the cities seem to be magic to me, until I read about it. To me, magic is simply a type of knowledge that is not held by most people, which is what makes it so fascinating!"

After speaking her peace Thanya would look to the others, eager to hear their responses."

Raiyun

TrashPuppy

The_littlest_dragonfly

Kowsauni

TrashPuppy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:57 pm

โ–Œ PROFILEXXโ–Œ LOCATION: In a desk, not too far from Q'araXXโ–Œ OUTFIT: Regular: LightXXโ–Œ OOC: New Profile layout wooXX

As the professor told them to find their own seat, Xeih took a seat a bit farther away from the small girl but still close to the professor. He didn't have anything against her, it's just that Xeih doesn't enjoy being seated close to someone he doesn't know. While the professor spoke, another student walked into the classroom. Judging by the... emptiness in her eyes, and by the context she gave with the words she spoke, it was easy to deduce that this girl was blind. She seemed a bit older, possibly a graduate. "Lelyna", as the professor called her. Xeih listened attentively as the professor continued to speak. The question she asked was not a surprising one. Magic theory has existed, researched, and developed since the dawn of time; so being able to define the very thing we are studying is quite important. This is a subject matter that Xeih has read about for a long, long time. He jumped a little in excitement when the question was asked, but due to him overpowering the discussion of his previous class, he decided to hold in his thoughts for a moment.

The small shifter girl was the first to speak. She gave quite the bland explanation at first, then proceeded to weigh in her interpretation of what "magic" is to her. Xeih tilted his head on this thought. Magic itself doesn't necessarily change based on one's own definition of it; technically. Her final words were something Xeih sort of disagreed with. Magic was something known to each and everyone all across Eoana. Although that interpretation was something to ponder. Different magics are different types of knowledge, most of which are technically not "known" to most people. After the girl finished, Xeih decided it was his turn to chime in.

Nervously waving his hand, Xeih's soft voice began to speak, "Magic... as a concept is not that difficult to understand. Each and every finite, infinite, simple, and complicated thing in the world has it's own... let's say... energy or something of the sort; and magic is the process of manipulating said energy. The actual process however, is vastly... complex. I... I find it quite fascinating, and I always find great joy in reading any text I can find on the subject matter. There are a plethora of famed researchers who've made works discussing Magic Theory and personally-" Xeih cut himself off, he closed his eyes, took a deep breath, then exhaled. He was starting to ramble again and caught himself before he went too deep into the subject matter, especially as he was diving into topics of somewhat irrelevancy. Looking back up at everyone else, his face began to turn red a bit. It's not often he gets to indulge in conversations he enjoys with others. Xeih decided to quickly wrap up his thoughts. "Due to the complexity of magic, casting spells is far more difficult than people realize. Even magic deemed as '1st tier spells' can't be cast without some form of deep analysis of their components." The timid boy avoided eye contact with everyone, only giving slight glances as he spoke. As he finished speaking, he started to fiddle with his scarf, in wait of a reply.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:32 pm
User Image
โ•”โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•

โ€œThank you, Professor.โ€ Lelyna said, following Qโ€™araโ€™s instructions and easily finding a seat to occupy for the duration of the class. As she got settled, Qโ€™ara began the lesson. As Lelyna would have expected, and as many Professors before her had done, she asked a simple question that the students knew wouldnโ€™t have a simple answer. There wasnโ€™t necessarily a wrong answer to this question either โ€“ this was simply a way for Qโ€™ara to find out where her studentโ€™s mind sets were.

Folding her hands in her lap, Lelyna listened politely. Thanya, who was clearly from a distant land, had a thirst for knowledge and a view point that allowed her to see the world as a wonderous, mysterious place. Her words made Lelyna smile. She was right, magic could be very mysteriousโ€ฆand yet so simple when understood.

While Thanyaโ€™s answer was more whimsical, Xiehโ€™s answer was much moreโ€ฆintellectual. It was easy to perceive that Xeih had stidied magic thoroughly. Lelyna wouldnโ€™t be surprised if the boy knew some spells already, given how much knowledge he already had on the subject.

Once the other two students had said their peace, Lelyna knew that it was her turn to speak up. โ€œI agree with both of my fellow students. With magic comes knowledge and, in my mind, the two are one and the same. We are all here to learn how to master the magic that we each yield. With the knowledge we gain, comes power.โ€ Smiling a little, Lelyna nodded slightly before gesturing toward Xeih.

โ€œAs Xeih has demonstrated, he has clearly studied hard and holds a vast amount of knowledge on the subject, which in turn alleviates some of the mystery that had been present prior to studying. However, while we gain that knowledge, the answers simultaneously bring up more questions than were originally answered.โ€ Frowning a little, Lelyna sighed. โ€œIf I were giving a basic answer, I would define โ€˜magicโ€™ as an energy that is present in each and every thing. An energy that can be manipulated if one has the knowledge and the skill to do so.โ€ Her answer might have been a cop out, but then again, going last was never beneficial for these kinds of questions.

โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•

Diviner || Lelyna Thaniels

Raiyun

Chelly Usagi

Trashpuppy

Kowsauni

Lelyna Thaniels - [x]

The_littlest_dragonfly
Vice Captain

Beloved Guildswoman

10,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200

Raiyun
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:03 pm
User Image

"It seems I haven't any lightweights in this class," Q'ara would jest while bringing a hand up to her chin for a moment. "Now, I asked this question for one simple reason," She said while bringing her hands down in front of her once more, and stepping closer to each student. "So that I could see and understand what your thoughts and interpretations of magic were, so that I might know and understand where I an guide you. And so while for the most part, most of your answers are not particularly wrong, by technicality, and for the purposes of understanding what it is you will be fundamentally working on, I will tell you what magic is..."

Looking back at each of them, Q'ara then stepped back from the center, and waved her hands out towards the walls. The flames on the candles dimmed down to an almost non existent state, lowering the amount of light that would fill the room. She then brought her hands up in front of her once more, and started to fiddle them in weird and strange somatic movements while looking back at her students. In front of each of them, suddenly something started to form in the air, as a slow methodic pulse of energy poured from the center of the room and into the students, imparting information from Q'ara directly to each of them as the magical energy slowly started to take shape. Q'ara had taken into account that one of her students was unable to use her eyes, so as a middle ground, she would direct the images she wanted each student to 'see' directly into their minds, so that they would see what she wanted them to see, regardless of if their physical eyes worked or not. While using this celebrar magic, the room around them suddenly changed and started to look like a small forest had suddenly started to grow all around them.

"In this world, every single thing, from the largest moons, to the tiniest specks of dust contain some form of 'energy'," Q'ara said as she showed them what a generally natural looking part of the world was. As she spoke, the trees, the rocks, the dirt, the grass, everything started to glow lightly in order to represent the energy that she was speaking of. "This energy is the very fabric and makeup of every thing in our world, it defines all things, and is what instructs and produces the very things we see everyday in our lives," She said as she flipped her hand over, causing a rabbit to appear in the grass and hop along to the students, hopping around them in this shared illusion. Like everything else they were "seeing", the rabbit too was glowing, and had a mixed array of colors emanating from it. "Magic, in and of itself is the manipulation of the energy contained in all things, to alter the natural order and state of these things in order to produce a different result, sometimes, these results may be bland and simple..." She would say while picking up two different colored rocks from the ground, one seeming brownish and metallic, the other more earthen and grey. As she held them in front of her, the two stones suddenly melded together and reformed and refined itself until it formed a bronze dagger with a stone hilt. She then let it fall to the ground where it broke apart back into dust and ore. "Others might be grand, and wondrous!..." She said as she brought her hands up into the air bringing the students attention to the trees above them, as they started to weave and twist together until they started to form what looked like a tower of bark, forming what looked like stairs on the outer ridge as the trees transformed into a brilliantly beautiful free standing house in the middle of and blended into the forest itself, as if it had always been there.

After a moment, Q'ara brought her hands back down as she took in a deep breath and the images all dissipated and disappeared. For Lelyna, her "vision" would return to normal, with emptiness filling the area as the illusion faded, for the others the forest would disappear and the room they sat in would return. "While knowledge is definitely a strong part, if not the most important part of using magic, one can know and learn the processes of using magic, how the components work, and even the correct sequencing and use of manipulating the energy of the world without actually be able to 'act' on it. Having the necessarily attributes of both talent, power and control are also important factors in the use of magic, which is why it is so important that you learn to utilize your raiments. Do not think for a moment that they are different from spellcasting," Q'ara would say while smiling lightly and bringing up one hand with a finger pointed upwards as a point.

"So, with that thought in mind, I want you all to really think about what it means to manipulate the energy already present in all things. For instance..." Q'ara would say while bringing her hands up to her head and brushing her hands across the top of her head from her forehead to the back of her neck. As she did this, suddenly her ears disappeared from the sides of her head, and on top animalistic ears almost identical to Thanya's appeared on the top of her head. Looking at Thanya then, Q'ara smirked lightly and stuck her tongue out at her playfully before bringing her hands down the sides of her waist and behind her lower torso, where a tail also similar to Thanya's formed and started to plop and fall behind her only curling ever so slightly at its tip. "What would you suppose was done here in order to allow this to happen?" Q'ara asked while looking from Thanya to Xeih and Lelyna. "Oh, almost forgot," Q'ara said while walking over to Lelyna, and taking one of her hands into hers, bringing it up to her head to feel the ears that she had just formed. "I'll give you a hint, Lelyna, I am NOT a shifter..."

The_Littlest_Dragonfly

Oyehh

Chelly Usagi

Tala Maxwell

Voice of Aegis

TrashPuppy

Kowsauni

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:51 pm
THANYA KAMSING
The Bearcat

User Image

Thanya would watch in awe as the images played out in her head. In fact she was so distracted by what she was seeing that is was almost hard to pay attention to what her teacher was saying. It felt nostalgic to be back in the forest, even if it was all an illusion. It reminded her how much she missed her home and being immersed in the wild. When she grew a house out of the trees it only made that feeling all the more worse, though the idea of being able to do such a thing fascinated her simply out of the practical use it would have in her village. When the visions ended she was left feeling both sad yet mesmerized at what she had seen.

When Q'ara began to copy Thanya animal appendages she blurted out. "Ah, she's a Binturong like me!" Before realizing in embarrassment it was part of her display when her teacher teasingly stuck out her tongue at her. When first Q'ara asked her question Thanya would guess. "Oh! It must be an illusion!" But once she saw Lelyna touch Q'ara's ears it became apparent that wasn't correct. After thinking about what she had learned in the previous class, Thanya would respond in an unsure manner. "You...are using the power inherent in your raiment to mimic the raiment of another?"

Raiyun

TrashPuppy

The_littlest_dragonfly

Kowsauni

Grand Academy of Eoana โžฃAcademy Facilities

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items