Reply "CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!
Is there any point

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

the Lonely Pheonix

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:27 pm
to picking the animal version of an item?
I'm talking about the like, holiday items that give you the choice between the animal version and one for a regular avatar.

I don't see too many animal avatars.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:13 pm
Just depends on how often you expect to use the animal avatar and whether you like how said item looks on your animal. Occasionally I use my kitty avatar but there's a select outfits she looks good in.

I don't think the animal avatar took off as well as Gaia thought it was going to. They still offer animal versions of items... but otherwise they don't seem to do much else with the avatars.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:54 pm
Prof. Moonie
Just depends on how often you expect to use the animal avatar and whether you like how said item looks on your animal. Occasionally I use my kitty avatar but there's a select outfits she looks good in.

I don't think the animal avatar took off as well as Gaia thought it was going to. They still offer animal versions of items... but otherwise they don't seem to do much else with the avatars.

Yeah, seems to me animal versions of stuff are 1/10th of the worth of regular avis, or worse.

Which is often why animal items are the bottom prize of their dumb frequent tiers. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:59 pm
Zphal
Prof. Moonie

Yeah, seems to me animal versions of stuff are 1/10th of the worth of regular avis, or worse.

Which is often why animal items are the bottom prize of their dumb frequent tiers. rolleyes
So, it should be in my best interest to open all of these for the regular item as opposed to the animal item then?
I'm, sifting through my special tab, opening things, and finding out how much there is.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I won't lie. I have several hundred items like this.  

the Lonely Pheonix

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:14 pm
the Lonely Pheonix
Zphal
Prof. Moonie

So, it should be in my best interest to open all of these for the regular item as opposed to the animal item then?
I'm, sifting through my special tab, opening things, and finding out how much there is.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I won't lie. I have several hundred items like this.

Yeah, as far as I've seen, always go human over animal.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:17 pm
Zphal
Yeah, as far as I've seen, always go human over animal.
Interesting.  

the Lonely Pheonix

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:13 pm
the Lonely Pheonix

From personal experience, I've always gone for the regular item. Occasionally I might go into the Marketplace and view the animal version just to see how it looks on my selected animal skin. Sometimes it looks nice. Other times it just looks ridiculous in miniaturized form.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:23 pm
Woo, now that that is taken care of. there's still some items that have options on what items they grant. Those items, hmm, guess I'll leave them be? perhaps someone will guess them. Shouldn't restrict what items people might want.  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces