Who is in this tiny spooky basket? [Winner Announced] Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:23 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
A tisket, a tasket - it's a tiny spooky basket!

opens: Once i'm done setting up!
closes: Feb 15th @ 6:00PM EST

things to note
- I don't RP ponies all that often anymore, but I'm happy to plot with you if you'd like Mom, Dad or sibling to be involved in something!

- Mom & Dad might be a little odd but they love their new little foals very much. So please no assumptions of neglect or abandoned baskets.

- If you have any questions feel free to quote me and ask here. I work during the day on M-F but I'll answer as soon as I'm able!

- For those squicked by bugs / butterflies: there is a chance this foal might end up with Dolly's wing traits. So please be aware of this!
Also, you might find some of Dolly's behavior a little offputting. (She enjoys playing with and eating bugs at times.)

- For anyone who specifies gender specific names: That's totally fine. It'll just be up to you to put in the naming form later on since I can't put it on the basket one!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:24 am
about the little spooky family

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Mom: Dolly is...Dolly as Patches would say. Most of the time she seems a little out of sync with the world around her. Her focus can flit to this and that as quick as a butterfly can fly away.
It tends to get her quickly labeled as 'spooky' or 'out there'. Think a bit like Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter. She has particular fascination three with things: bugs, interesting tastes and textures.
She likes to play with bugs and eat them on occasion and likes to touch or taste anything that catches her interest.
She takes care of your Dad as much as she can in her own little ways - she knows how scared he gets sometimes even though he tries to be brave for her.
Much of your early memories are likely being touched or nuzzled by Dolly.
(She'll teach you about plants, animals and bugs - and all the things she can see that Daddy can't or doesn't want to see.)

Dad: Patches is very happy and pleasant - he loves Dolly and their new little foals. He tries very hard to be a good dad like his was for him.
He's a bit of a scaredy though and originally ended up with Dolly because she kept away the things that were scarier than she was.
Once he got to know her better he was quite taken with her and eventually asked her to never be parted from him again.
He's a bit more practical and aware and grounds your Mom when she needs a tether.
Your early memories from him are probably from when Mom was having an off day - he'd keep her company and play with you or tell stories to keep you amused.
(Before this he was a bit of a wandering bard - he liked to tell stories, sing and dance. He'd teach you too if you wanted.)

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
These are your siblings!
(??? - mistalina13 & ??? - Niyaru Delacroix)

...and the relatives from Patches' side, because Dolly doesn't have any at present.

Aunt & Uncles

Still uncles, but only half related to Patches-

I *think* that's all of them?

Grandparents

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:25 am
and here is your form to fill out

- Feel free to edit your posts until the designated end date/time. I won't be reading over them til then.

- If you'd like to come up with a name and temper early that's up to you.
Keep in mind I don't know the gender of the foal.

it's a smol pone!
your username:

tell me something about this little one:
(Or several somethings if you feel so inclined - personality, thoughts about them, plots. Whatever works for you to give me a good sense of who they are.)

optional
name:
temper:

And the form code...

[size=18][b]it's a smol pone![/b][/size]
[color=darkred][b]your username:[/b][/color]

[color=lightcoral][b]tell me something about this little one:[/b] [/color]
(Or several somethings if you feel so inclined - personality, thoughts about them, plots. Whatever works for you to give me a good sense of who they are.)

[i]optional[/i]
[b]name:[/b]
[b]temper:[/b]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:18 pm
And here we go!!

(This is open now.)

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:43 pm
it's a smol pone!
your username: magnadearel

- If the foal doesn't have mom's butterfly wings, will steal wings from butterflies and try to attach them to itself.
- May or may not develop mom's taste for trying bugs.
- Will love to listen to Patches' stories, will probably have 2-3 favorites that they always request to hear more frequently.
- Will try to help protect Patches from scary things, but will probably have 1-2 things it's scare of itself and needs to be protected from. Time and experience will determine what it's scared of.

optional
name: Ethae(male), Aberra(female)
temper: Quiet  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:45 pm
size=18]it's a smol pone!
your username: Novacracker

• Ainsley is space like mom, but about EVERYTHING. She fl9ats in and out of reality and her views as she sees fit, and lives life with childlike wonder.
  • Ainsley doesn't eat bugs, but she does drink in All the knowledge of singing she can.... S HES terribler though.
  • Ainsley is bravely stupid. She'd challenge a skinwalker if she thought she might win, especially to protect her family, and doesn't take no for an answer.
  • She loves green! GREEN!
  • Ainsley is a girl. There is a chance her body will lie to you and she is sorry for it.
  • Ainsley likes a lot of people.

optional
name: Ainsley
temper: Determined  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

Kyjoto

Timid Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:56 pm
it's a smol pone!
your username: Kyjoto

tell me something about this little one: just gonna pretend she's a wee little lass
This smol is quite mischevious, learning to throw her voice at a young age. While you're focused on the crunching leaves to the left, a bone-chilling howl screams from your right. These little games bring her much joy, something about terrifying others just makes her glow. She learned quick not to scare her father, for being scolded is not one of her favorite things. When she isn't scaring folks, she loves to chase butterflies, often eating them as her mother does (smol see, smol do). Although she isn't a fan of most of their flavors, she will probably outgrow this hobby. A hobby she won't outgrow is throwing her voice, which will eventually get her and many others into a lot of trouble.
When she's older, she'll look for others to join her in performing pranks and will fal in love with anyone who can scare her (awwww, so creepy cute).

optional
name: Cicada (boy) /// Cicadia (girl)
temper: Impish or Sprightly (you decide)  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:10 pm
it's a smol pone!
your username: -PR0X1MA-C3NTAUR1-

A kind, gentle soul with an affinity for, well... matchmaking. They share a touch of their mother's eccentricity, being just a step out of teality when it comes to what, exactly, constitutes a thing that can posess likes and dislikes and thus be a candidate for love. This little pone would ship a rock with a bird's wing, if he felt they would make a good match. They greatly enjoy sharing the stories they create in their minds about Mr. Rockie and Miss Wing, the many adventures they would share and all their romantic exploits (innocent things, like grand geatures of affection and great walks in the pretty flower fields together- just because a rock doesn't move when it's being watched, doesn't mean it's can't move at all! Mr. Rock is just a little shy... like Daddy was, before Momma came along).
As they grow, this little pony's grand tales will become more outlandish, as their understanding of the world develops, though their tales will always keep their innocent charm.

I would love for Patches to share his gift for storytelling and song, to add color to this little pone's tales! And a close relationship with wonderfully caring Mom, who is the inspiration for many of the motherly Miss Wings and taste connoisseur Mister Pebbles. I would also like to see how the sibling's personalities pan out, and how this smol family could grow together as personalities play off each other and smol bodies grow. heart

optional
name: Paulina (Paula) for a girl, Dylan for a boy.
temper: Shipper (Spooky + Chipper)  

-PR0X1MA-C3NTAUR1-

Shy Lionheart

Azael_Rose

Crew

Festive Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:39 pm
it's a smol pone!
your username: Azael_Rose

Cricket loves anything and everything dragonfly related. They will often forget themselves or others whenever one is around. As for other buggies, they could care less but they'll always listen to Mom no matter what insect she goes on about. As a foal, and even as an adult, they will be very family-oriented and prefer to stay close to Mom and Dad (and siblings if they choose to stay close).

Cricket has a secret passion for dancing, but will only do so in private when they believe no one is around! Otherwise, in front of others they'll just tap their hoof to the beat.

optional
name: Cricket
temper: Odd  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:09 pm
it's a smol pone!
your username: Lunadriel

tell me something about this little one: (Same personality, regardless of sex.)
Appliqué is gentle but a bit vacant. Tends to stare off into space thinking of nothing in particular if you don't hold her attention. Not that she isn't intelligent! She's extremely intelligent and gets bored easily by the humdrum of day to day life. If life isn't challenging her then she shuts down mentally and checks out for the day. Do not talk to her about the weather! Idle meaningless chatter will make her lethargic for days, waiting for an intelligent conversation to come her way. As such, she can sometimes appear listless as she absorbs herself in though to keep herself entertained. Dads stories always seem to pull her out of her daze! Though sometimes, she will step in and tell his stories for him if it's one she's already heard. She will apologize for stealing the show mid story and refuse to continue. She just gets excited by the stories she grew up with! Bugs don't bother her, though she does get bored seeing the same bugs over and over, and will happily bring them to her mom to munch on. She gets a weird satisfaction out of hearing their crunch if Dolly does, in fact, eat them. That sound...to her it's <3.

optional
name: Appliqué (F or M)
temper: Broken  

Lunadriel

elfstar89
Crew

Peaceful Senshi

5,925 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:54 pm
it's a smol pone!
your username: elfstar89

- Likes spooky stories, but knows they potentially freak Daddy out, and Mommy isn't necessarily a storyteller, so doesn't ask all that often
- Likes making dolls; creepy dolls, but well-made dolls, and often totes them around quite cheerfully, albeit not so much around Daddy; having fun is one thing, scaring Daddy is another
- Likes butterflies; not necessarily to eat, not really jealous of those with Mommy's butterfly wings, but does like watching them and following them around; easily distracted by the sight of a butterfly's wings
- Secretly scared of spiders; spiders can go straight into Mommy's mouth, though often nervous about being nuzzled by Mommy after a spider gets eaten
- Wants to share their dolls with the outside world when they grow up, and may drift away as a result

optional
name: Andy (unisex reference to Raggedy Ann and Andy)
temper: Loving  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:55 pm
it's a smol pone!
your username: xKOVAKtheWOLFx

- likes spoopy stuff (highly interested in spiders)
- accompanies dad on adventures to make sure he's okay without making it obvs you are looking out for daddy
- loves when dad tells stories

optional
name:
temper:  

xKOVAKtheWOLFx
Crew

Trash

Kaya Wolf Moon

Mystical Wolf

10,125 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:34 pm
it's a smol pone!
your username: Kaya Wolf Moon

Jynx, well, Jynx has never been very lucky. At anything. Ever. If they have any at all, then it’s bad luck. Completely and undeniably the worst luck ever. From lightning strikes to spilling salt and everything in between, they just can never seem to catch a break. Some claim they’re simply the biggest klutz ever. Others seem to think a curse has been placed on them for some unknown reason. Jynx knows better than that though. They are simply and truly the epitome of a jinx. To combat this, they study the myths, superstitions, and legends of the Kawani lands. They employ any and all means necessary to try to offset the more negative effects and consequences of their terrible luck.

Because of their unusual circumstances, Jynx has a proclivity to be a bit more standoffish than most when one first meets them. They don’t want their bad juju to rub off on those they care about most. Now, that doesn’t mean that they don’t show their emotions or make connections. Quite the opposite really. They’re actually quite plucky and cheerful. They love fiercely and loyally. They can also be quite protective when called upon. It’s merely a matter of overcoming their aloof tendencies and demonstrating a desire to get to know them personally, despite the luck situation. An important thing to remember, however, is to never make fun of their superstitious ways. To put it bluntly, that’s the fastest way to get their hackles raised. And a mischievous, annoyed Jynx is not a jinx to be trifled with.

Other things to note about Jynx:
1. They carry a rabbit’s foot and a four-leaf clover on them at all times.
2. They are a veritable encyclopedia of myths, superstitions, legends, fairy tales, and ghost stories.
3. They love lightning bugs.
4. Nights in the autumnal months are their favorite.
5. They love the oddity that is their mother, striving to see the things she does.
6. They think their dad is a loveable doof, but he’s theirs so don’t mess with him.
7. They have oddly amazing night vision.
8. Their favorite color is fuchsia.
9. They have an intense fear of drowning.
10. If something’s missing, then it’s probably nargles.
optional
name: Jynx
temper: Hapless  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:01 am
it's a smol pone!
your username: Kyribird

This little one is a daddy's pone through and through. They *love* their momma, of course, but there's something incredibly exciting about the stories that Patches tell. As such, they grow up pining for that same adventure.

A lovely blend of eccentric and a drive for adventure, this baby grows up with an explorer's heart. A bard they cannot be (their voice sounds more like the echoes of the dead than actually something people would want to listen to), but the stories they can weave seem to come to life. Something about having a slightly out of step, slightly creepy mom and a natural storyteller dad gives them just the right edge.

As a result, nothing scares them. They're courageous and blusterous and all together bigger than life. Especially for such a *small* thing...

optional
name:
temper:  

Kyribird

Aged Codger

Rinial Sisterdragon

Mythical Sex Symbol

23,100 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:45 am
it's a smol pone!
your username: Rinial Sisterdragon

While butterflies and moths are pretty, Marionette is fascinated by the beauty of the orb weaver spider, and gleeful over the cuddliness of the jumping spiders of all shapes and sizes. They are fearless when it comes to creepy crawlies, and have made good friends with several spiders who weave beautiful artistry in spider silk for them, so often they are covered in the webs of their friends.

optional
name: Marionette
temper: Patient  
Archived

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out