Submit

zeflamigo

Interstellar Astronaut

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:52 pm
Quote:
Choice: 10A
Favor Points: 0
Items: DARK TOOTH

Sonnie brought out the beret puppet again. It nodded it's head solemnly, listening to the purpleblood's fiction. "Stunning. Pure genius." It continued to nod, now more vigorously. "Beautiful. Marvelous. Genuine. Touching. Fragrant. Umami." It continued on like that for a good moment.

"A comedic twist on a classic tragedy. Yet, it is somehow more tragic than the source." It shook its head in excitement, chin pointed to the air. "Tell me your inspirations, dear auteur, I simply must know where this spring of creative genius stems from." The puppet enunciated, rolling their 'r's with the most dramatic flair. Sonnie, meanwhile, nodded meekly.

melancholies

saedusk

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:06 pm
Night 6 Results:

Path 1:
1A: The military trolls you eavesdrop on are overwhelmingly uninteresting, and you essentially waste your night. Oops… (Remain on Path 1)

1B: It was only a matter of time before the guard broke their position. Waddling with their thighs pressed together, they made way to the load gapers as quickly as they could. The time is now. You swoop into the block, but find it… completely empty. Why even guard it then? (Remain on Path 1)

1C: The military officials are stuffy and boring, and, understandably, seem disinterested in any gossip. In fact, you even get reprimanded a bit for straying off topic. (Remain on Path 1)

Path 2:
2A: While rooting through an empty warehouse, you stumble upon a hidden door leading into an underground block. You enter, cautiously, and find nothing but crates upon crates in uniform size and shape. You pry one open, curious. It’s full of freshly printed books, although you can tell right from the illustration on the cover- a painting of a redblood cutting off a tyrianblood Queen’s head who looked like a caricature of Regina- that it was illegal contraband. Take 1 copy of Dark Tooth by Weaver Ehmdee, if you wish. (Remain on Path 2)

2B: The farmer’s market is both ripe with fresh produce and activity, but none of it seems suspicious in any way shape or form. You do, however, take the opportunity gorge yourself on free samples. (Remain on Path 2)

2C: Your rummaging around through the garbage mountains gains a few confused glances, and a pair of trolls approach you to ask if they can do anything to help you. However, any hints you drop about military tech seem to completely fly over their horns. (Remain on Path 2)

Path 9:
9A: “Are we supposed to know what that is? Is that some sort of FLARP group or someth-” “OH Wait, I know!!!” The second speaker shoves the first by the shoulder, interrupting them. “Remember! The book, the book!” “Huh?” “Volume fifty three! 'The Wingbeast's Call'. Don’t you remember? The organization? Remember what he told us about it?” “Huh? OH! Oh! Oooh.” The children fall silent, as if each in debate with themselves. “Are you sure?” “Mhm!” “We should take them to him.” “Yeah!” They insist you follow them, and lead you to the abandoned hospital in west Chittentown. (Proceed to Path 10)

9B: “What…” The lowblooded kiddy gang stare at you with a mixture of irritation and disbelief. “Who are ya, the cops? Get outta here, scrub!” They push you out of the alleyway they had cornered you in. One calls after you. “And don’t come back!” (Return to Path 2)

9C: “Have we seen anything weird?” “Hmmm…” Crossing their arms, a redblood casts their gaze upwards in a thoughtful display. “Oh, yeah, there was one thing!” “Huh? What?” Another turns toward them, brows furrowed. The redblood breaks out into a grin and points directly towards you. “YOUR FACE! BAHAHAHA!” The three all break out into malicious laughter. (Return to Path 2)

Path 10:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.10A: The purpleblood immediately puffs up with pride. “I’m glad you agree. As I said, add it to the list of great tragedies. I don’t like to toot my own horns but… this is one of my finer pieces. It just flowed out of my fingertips like I was channeling some sort of otherworldly being. All I do is sit down at the typewriter, and start hitting the keys. Getting them right… that’s the hard part. That’s the hard part.” He wiggles a finger at you sagely. Gain 2 favour points. (Remain on Path 10)

10B: The corners of the purpleblood’s lips tug into a tight frown. He eyeballs you from behind his thick glasses. “I spent over twenty minutes of my life putting together this reading for you, plus the three it took to read this inspired passage, and this is how you repay me? Bah!” He seems… to not take criticism so well. (Remain on Path 10)

10C: “What.” The purpleblood’s voice has fallen completely flat. His eyes bulge ever so slightly. “So what you’re saying is, my writing style is too, too, ‘to-the-point’ for your tastes. Hmph. Well I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards, okay? What I was asking in this chapter is: what if the government continued to treat the freakishly mutated like, well, freakish mutants, and could their otherworldly abnormalities make them more susceptible to romance with alien invaders? And would that timeless romance literally bring down society? And no-one’s ever asked that before.” Lose 1 favour point. (Remain on Path 10)

Path 11:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.11A: “Let’s see,” the purpleblood digs through the inside pockets of his leather jacket, retrieving an old doctor’s prescription pad. He reads off a list. “I’ve got some communicators, both short and long range- although the long range isn’t that much further- I have some parts for a missile guidance system from back in the day in various states of disrepair, a bunch of sensor systems of pre-Regian technology, although I don’t have a power source…” He continues listing off items, moving through a bunch of confusing computer lingo. “And a smattering of various weaponry. Oh, and a twelve foot battle robot from a ditched military project! Although, I sort of want to keep that… Why don't I take a proper inventory and get back to you?” (Return to Path 10)

11B: “Mmm,” the purpleblood raises an eyebrow. “While I have many talents, mostly in the artistic arts, that isn’t one of them. I outsource all my repairs and upgrades, you see.” He crosses his arms, jacket squeaking. “Repairs aren’t usually a problem as long as we can get the required parts, but ‘upgrades’, as you call them, are highly dependent on what you’re looking for. You'd have to come back to me with specifics.” (Return to Path 10)

11C: “Aha!” The purpleblood claps. “An inquiring mind. I like it. Why don’t you come with me?” He beckons for you to follow him down a flight of stairs. The path is dark and winding, and the smell of mildew fills your nostrils as you press into the basement. After some time clunking around in the dark, the purpleblood flips on a switch. Lights strobe on with a struggled effort. You find yourself in a room full of printing equipment. A high tech looking monitor buzzes in one corner. Several printers of various shapes and sizes line the walls, as well as professional looking cutting and binding equipment. It’s a pretty impressive set up. “You see…” The purpleblood begins slyly. “I have access to the top notch in self publishing equipment. I can do anything with a sheet of paper, really. Yes, I can sell you pilfered military tech. Nothing more than outdated doo-dads. But if you’re really looking to make a splash, this… this is what you want access to.” Gain 1 favour point. (Remain on Path 11)

Night 7 Options:

*last night! woo!
*no new players by this point, sorry!

Path 2: You continue to explore through western Chittentown, and continue on your usual path towards the divide in the city as you debate how to spend your night. As you pass through the streets, you’re suddenly hit with the realization no one is outside. Those that are, hurry in between buildings. You soon see why- drones are patrolling the area, stopping anyone they can for questioning. The two you caught sight of swoop down on a redblooded child that had been poorly hiding behind a garbage can. The redblood lets out a small shriek, and kicks the drone, successfully freeing themselves. However, they only manage to scramble a few feet away before being hauled up by the leg. The drones yell something at them. What do you do?
2A: Directly engage the drones, and attack! The redblood is in danger, and someone needs to step in right away and help.

2B: Distract the drones. There’s a towering water tower nearby that looks incredibly unsturdy, and you’re willing to bet dislodging one of the diagonal support beams will bring the whole thing down.

2C: Leave it be. The child is probably in no real threat, anyway- the drones are just doing their routine patrols.

Path 10:The purpleblood has been expecting you. Again, he is perched in a chair by the hospital’s entrance, legs crossed in a casual manner. A battery powered lantern flickers on the table between you, the only source of light. “Greetings, traveller. You know me. Author. Dreamweaver. Visionary. Plus, musician and painter. By this point, I feel, we have a bond. A mutual understanding, if you will.” He leans forward, lacing his fingers together. “I want to tell you another story. But this time, it’s my story.

Before he can go on, the light flickers out. The worst dramatic timing. “Crap,” he hisses, struggling with the lantern. “Say, and of you have any batteries on you, by chance?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.LAST NIGHT BONUS! You make 2 selections this night on Path 10, if you have batteries. You can choose to ignore his request.
10X: Hand the purpleblood your brand name batteries.
10Z: Hand the purpleblood your discount brand batteries.

He continues after changing the lantern’s batteries. Clearing his throat, his voice quivvers with a dramatic timbre. “In the height of my career, I was a famed and dearly regarded horror writer. I branched off into other genres, as most fabulists do- mystery, drama, the occasional trashy romance paperback. However… I flew too close to the sun, so to speak. I started to question the status quo. I questioned the way society was structured, through deep metaphors and parallels in my works. But I was too radical. Too risky. Too dangerous. Too gog damned crazy,” he chuckled bitterly, “That the so called ‘powers that be’ became too scared to release it to the public any longer. So they placed a literature ban on all of my works. Every last book, destroyed. My life's work. I was forced into hiding- for many sweeps I hid, afraid for my life. But now..." He lets out a heavy sigh, rubbing at his temples. "I fear we’re seeing an end to the quality of literature that you and I should be able to take for granted. We are seeing a dumbing-down of media… Have you watched Superstar Authority? Good gog. I think we’re living in dangerous times. I couldn’t stand idle anymore. So I started to write again- someone needs to be pushing boundaries- and in order to feed the need for beetles to self publish my novels for distribution, I began to sell military property I’d... acquired. Two wingbeasts, one stone, so to speak, yeah? There are rebels, and there are innovators. I'm a rebel. I’m in rebellion against conventional logic, in rebellion against the world order. My writing is about rebellions. And if that's not being an innovator, then I don't know what is.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.10A: Tell him they didn’t appreciate his genius, and that you, too, are a rebel. Or an innovator? Or both? Whatever he said. Down with the status quo!

10B: Tell him you sympathize deeply with his messages, but he was too risky. He should have been more subtle if he wanted to fly under the radar while making an impact.

10C: Sigh and lament along with him: what other outcome could be expected? Censorship runs rampant on Alternia.

10D: Only if you have had contact with a copy of ‘Dark Tooth’ by Weaver Ehmdee can you ask if that is the purpleblood’s name.

10E: Only if you have had contact with a copy of ‘Once Upon a Beginning’ by Yamaha Mrengi, can you ask if that is the purpleblood’s name.

Hivestuck
Captain

Alien Datemate

Micillia

Dapper Duck

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:45 pm
Selune Maidaz Lunara Zediam
Inventory: 1 package of name brand batteries
Path B => Path 1A => Path 3B => Path 3A => Path 2C => Path 9C => Path 2A

Selune sighed and turned back. The kids were not helpful at all. She racked her thinkpan for another idea on what to do. The library was a bust, tho its books were quite good. The site had not been exactly a bounty of secret knowledge. So, what was next?

As if it was a sign, Selune heard some yelling. She turned around, looking for the source of the alarm. Hey eyes fell on the redblood kid. "H-hey!" She called out, rushing to the redblood. "Whats happening?? Are you okay?" The situation quickly became physical, and Selune was pulled into the situation. What was she supposed to do??  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:47 pm
Path 10Z, 10B
Items: Discount batteries
Favor points: 3

Poe came back the next night. When the lights flickered off, he opened his mouth. "Oh, I uh, do actually have some batteries..." he said, and handed his discount batteries to the purpleblood.

He listened to the purpleblood. A horror writer? Who got too revolutionary? Poe hadn't seen anything about the novels, but recalled a troll who mentioned novels. Must have been the same deal. However, Poe thought about it. He kinda liked dumb things, and he had fun at Superstar Authority... but this was his contact. He needed to make this work, after messing up.
"I understand you, I think. I like innovation, and rebellion things... your message speaks to me! Your music, certainly did." Poe rubbed the back of his neck. "But I think... you must have been too obvious, and that is why you were censored. Risks can be necessary but now no one can see your message because it got banned."

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

saedusk
Crew

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:30 pm
Quote:
Path 10D

Something about Sonnie's puppets was just whimsical, alluring... Athera clapped for the critic's review even if she didn't one hundred percent agree with it or even understand. Umami? What? Ah well, with the way the purpleblood reacted, it seemed he was just as happy with the outcome.

"Woooow, that's really cool," she said, trying not to sound too fake. "It kinda sounds like this book."

Holding up Dark Tooth, she wobbled it back and forth a few times. "In a good way, I mean. Not like a copycat way. Y'know? Like... is this your book, too, mister?"

--

Athera Kyphie (Rulata Avende)
Favour Points: 2
Items: 1 copy of Dark Tooth

Melancholies
Kimbley Kitty

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:12 pm
Quote:
10C: Sigh and lament along with him: what other outcome could be expected? Censorship runs rampant on Alternia.

Ah yes, censorship. Honestly, Muerte was feeling fairly oppressed right now, what with how Athera had cut him off earlier, dumb brat. Trolls can't grow without criticism, even if it hurts! But whatever; the purpleblood was swelled up righteously with pride, and that was basically that. They had an in with this crazy author, if anything. Muerte was pretty sure most of his disdain for this man came from his manner of speaking, which was (in hindsight), almost as pretentious as Muerte's own. There was only ever room for one.

But he digressed.

"It's a shame," Because just like he said, nothing could ever hope to grow without accepting criticism, and the same went for their own society, "History is doomed to repeat itself, nothing will ever change, and even those brave enough to challenge the status quo will find themselves victim to their own hubris. It makes you wonder if the good fight is really worth fighting." He sighed heavily.

"But I suppose as an author, changing the minds of even a few is worthwhile in the end." The greenblood shrugged loftily. "Be the change you want to see, all that trite optimistic bullshit."

--

Muerte Perist (Tetete Floofy)
    Favour Points: 2
    Items: 1 copy of Dark Tooth

saedusk

Kimbley Kitty

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:51 pm
Eyzaak Hiroki
Inventory: Dark Tooth
Path: 2B

Watching Wander use his powers made a small spark of jealousy raise in Eyzaak. It was so cool how she could do that! "That never gets old...it's so rad you can use powers. Magic? Show me sometime ok?" Eyzaak insisted as he also sighed dreamily. "Me? I like to make metalwork and love exploring." Eyzaak explained.

Eyzaak gave the book a weird look as he stuffed it in his bag. Whatever he would ask Wander what it meant later, the image on it was fairly amusing sure but he wasn't about to sit around and read. No, they had other stuff to do! Wanting to investigate further to try and find some good leads, he waved her to follow.

Moving down a path on the western side of Chittentown he was debating where they should go next. As they moved through these streets. Seeing drones around, Eyzaak wouldn't have thought much of it...had they not swooped down on a redblood child. His eyes widened as he watched the scene unfold. Anger boiled in his pumpbiscuit as the kid screamed in fear. "Wander...we have to help him!" He insisted. Although intervening directly would endanger them both... something didn't want to see. Frowning he looked around. The water tower...! They could use it as a distraction. It looked incredibly unsturdy. "Come on." He whispered as he rushed over, nudging at the beam to try and use it to bring the whole tower down. He couldn't just walk away...he would never forgive himself.

Gl!tch~

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:54 pm
Voscil Torgny Sorine Walker
Inventory: 1 Pack Name Brand Batteries
Path: 10X + 10C

Voscil came back to listen again to him, just as requested. She had reluctantly agreed his book as well, only to see the other completely light up. Much to her surprise, he seemed to come alive when talking about his work. The psionic couldn't help being amused. As the troll began to explain he would tell her of his story the light suddenly went out. Making a little-startled sound between the sudden darkness and his hissing she squinted in the dark. "Yeah I got some..." She reluctantly handed the batteries over. As much as she loved collecting them, it would be easier to talk if she didn't have to strain her looking orbs.

Pursing her lips she looked thoughtful, lamenting with him caught up in the moment. She agreed, her eyes widening slightly as she nodded. With the way society was now, free will was only an illusion. Everyone at the end answered to the same higher calling..or feared exile, persecution and even death. Who was this troll? He sounded like he could be an ally of the rebellion...the things he spoke of and the access he had to supplies maybe they could make a worthwhile connection with any luck.

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:24 pm
Choice: 2B
Inventory: Dark Tooth

A book...but they had recently heard about someone writing things that were a little off-base. But could it be actual-literal contraband? Stuff trolls weren't supposed to have at all? Hm. She would have to study it later, when she had time.

Wander continued on with Eyzaak, a little bashful over all his compliments. She was aware enough to notice the drones and the lowblood, though. Eyzaak wanted to spring into action. Wander wanted to, but these were drones...but...they should. She nodded.

"I-I'll g-go distract them..."

Because if she went and did the thing herself, she would absolutely get culled on the spot.

Wander waved down the drones, playing ignorant. "E-e-excuse me? Um... I-I th-think I'm l-lost..."

leon_a_darkangel

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:41 pm
Quote:
Choice: 10D
Favor Points: 2
Items: DARK TOOTH

Sonnie and his puppet nodded along to the purpleblood. Even highbloods had to make a living somehow, especially if they were enemies of the state. "Pushing boundaries is the evolution of innovation," The puppet stated, clearly enunciating. With his free hand, Sonnie reached into his bag for the book he was given earlier.

"You must tell me, are you the author of this piece?" The puppet said. Sonnie held it out to show the purpleblood, then put it in front of the puppet as if it were reading. "I can't help but notice some commonalities in content and grammatical style," They said, peeking up over the pages.

"If it's a style thief, I'll simply have to hunt them down and give them a stern talking to!" The puppet made a disgusted face, and Sonnie slammed the book. "But if you are perchance the author, I must demand," The puppet held out the book in its mouth.

"An autograph?" It said, Sonnie muffling the voice for the book it had in its mouth.

melancholies

saedusk

zeflamigo

Interstellar Astronaut

Hivestuck
Captain

Alien Datemate

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:23 am
Night 7 Results:

Path 2:
2A: You charge at the redblood, ready to fight for their freedom! Completely taken off guard, the drone staggers backward when you land a hit on them. “W-wha-?” The second turns back towards the scene, having bent over for just a moment to pick something up that fell from the child’s pockets. The redblood acts in the heat of the confusio,, swinging their leg up to clock their captor in the chin. Crying out, the drone drops them; the redblood immediately bolts, leaving you alone with two very, very angried drones. They take chase to you, although you eventually manage to shake them in the winding alleyways of the slums.The redblood is nowhere to be found. Phew… what a thankless effort, but you feel fulfilled.

2B: Your plan is successful: the water tower dangerously sways as soon as you dislodge one of the shoddy support beams. With a pained creak it begins to topple, casting a shadow over the drones. They look up, emit short yelps, and scramble to get out of the way of the falling debris. The redblood makes their escape in the chaos, as do you. The drones seem distracted by the ‘accident’ and clearing away civilians, abandoning their pursuit of the redblood. You’re pretty sure the redblood didn’t see you and you have no way of tracking them, but you feel good knowing that you helped.

2C: You turn your back and walk away, doing your best to ignore the redblood’s pleas for help. You can still make out the struggle a few blocks over- both of the screaming of the redblood and the drone. Then, you hear a sudden crack, followed by silence.

The investigation is over! Upon your next return to the safehouse, or your next rendezvous with a rebel in the loop, you hear word that someone has found the black market connection you had been looking for and you can relax. Great work, team!

Path 10:
10X: “Ugh. These will do.” The purpleblood offers you no thanks for the batteries. “I knew a guy who really used to heckle me about my choice in battery brand,” his brows furrow. “Called me cheap. Said it was better to buy from a reputable high-street retailer- bah!” He waves a hand in dismissal. “Paying for reliability my rump. It’s all the same stuff, just with a fancy label slapped on. Woolbeasts, the lotta you…” Lose 1 favour point per pack of batteries.

10Z: “Ahh!” The purpleblood perks up as you hand him your batteries. “Powerzone Turbo Cells. I got a bag of these down at the market- 3 beetles, 30 batteries! A wholesome chap was selling them out of a suitcase,” he puffs up, as if proud of his stinginess. “They’re all the same, really. Only a fool would pay more for a name slathered on the side.” Gain 3 favour points per pack of batteries.

10A: The purpleblood leans back in his chair for a moment, studying you. Then he clasps his hands together and inhales slowly. “Tell me something I don’t already know.” Lose 1 favour point.

10B: “Subtext is for cowards,” the purpleblood immediately interjects. “I always injected a message in my books, even when I ran low on ideas, and I’m not afraid to shy away from those themes. It’s my platform,” he seems insistent at first, but then lets out a little sigh. “I always knew it was risky, but I can’t help it. At first my novels were more discreet, but... I’m an innovating rebel, through and through. I just can’t help it. I wrote to heal Alternia. If I influenced just one thinkpan, it was worth it.” Your favour points remain the same.

10C: “Mmmm.” The purpleblood hung his head in solemn solidarity. “You’re right. Heroically, I unleashed truthtells on the unsuspecting public. I must now pay the price. This is a burden for a martyr to bear,” he nodded, mostly to himself. “Fear of the unknown is the most dangerous of phobias. And they didn’t understand my genius.Gain 1 favour point.

10D: “Ah!” The purpleblood grins slyly, looking over the copy of your book. He seems extremely pleased to see you in possession of one. Running a hand over his chin, he lets out a chesty laugh. “I’m impressed, young sleuth. While I go by many pseudonyms, and Weaver Ehmdee is certainly one of them, that is not the name my lusus bestowed upon me. Still- it warms my bloodpusher to meet a real fan. Especially one of such caliber.” He plucks the book from your hand, flips it open, and scribbles a message with a pen that appears out of seemingly nowhere. It reads: put conventional logic to one side, and enjoy. - ym. Gain 2 favour points.

10E: The purpleblood gasps and shoots upright, almost knocking his glasses off. “W-what!” Stammering, he shoves them back up his nose. His cheeks are flushed bright purple. “I am he. You… you’re familiar with my work! You really are a fan!” He reaches over to grab you by the hand and shake it vigorously. Tears well in his eyes behind steamy glasses. Gain 4 favour points.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.The purpleblood laces his fingers and studies the group of trolls who had collected at the hospital for a long moment, as if in debate with himself. His eyes linger on Poeais. “Hm.” Another moment of thoughtful silence before he abruptly pushes himself up from his seat. “It’s decided!” He declares, arms on hips. “As a horror writer I don’t ask for much. I just hope I’ve changed the way you think about life, and the world structure. You clearly have an inquiring thinkpan that questions why things are- my kind of troll.” Gesturing for you all to follow him, he leads you down a flight of stairs, yammering on. “I consider you in my circle of trust. Not my inner most circle, or the circle around that, or even the one around that, mind you- but in one of them nonetheless. Except you,” he stops, pointing a finger at Sonnie. Or more specifically, his puppet. “You’re in the second circle of trust. I like the head on your shoulders.” His hand flips into a thumbs up.

The smell of mildew fills your nostrils as you follow the purpleblood into the basement. “Mind your footing, there’s a step.” After some time clunking around in the dark, he flips on a switch. Lights strobe on with a struggled effort. You find yourself in a room full of printing equipment- several printers of various shapes and sizes line the walls, as well as professional looking cutting and binding equipment. A high tech looking monitor buzzes in one corner. It’s a pretty impressive set up. “You see…” The purpleblood begins slyly. “I have access to the top notch in self publishing equipment. I can do anything with a sheet of paper, really. Or even polyvinyl chloride sheets! I’m very good at recreations,” he wiggles a brow with a sly grin. “So long as I have an original to reference, forging documentation is a breeze.” Turning to rummage through a shelf, he grabs a shoebox and returns to your group.

As I mentioned, I sell acquired military tech on the side, as your typical struggling artist. Yes, I suppose you can see my inventory- but really, it’s nothing more than outdated doo-dads. Exciting things for dull minds. Most of the good stuff I keep for myself. It’s partly how I’ve managed to elude the military for so long.” He folds his arms over his chest, smug. “But if you’re really looking to make a splash, my dear innovators and rebels, this… this is what you want access to.” Popping open the lid of the shoebox, he passes it around the group. The box is full of military IDs; each one shows the same photo of the purpleblood and always has his hue correct, but lists a different name, sign and military ID number. The only other constant on the card is the serving lieutenant, Elishe Bekuar. From underneath the cards he retrieves a thin stack of papers, spreading them out across a table. While they seem to all be printed on military letterhead and looked thoroughly official, the text reads ridiculous things like ‘the military eats giant lusus droppings’ and ‘the queen is a knob’ over and over. They seemed to be test prints, or perhaps some form of therapy, the purpleblood had done.

While forging military IDs with a high rank will look suspicious, using ones with the most basic of clearance doesn’t come with much risk. I’ve been using them myself to move within facilities for quite some time. I can always inform you when I have something interesting for sale- you can sign up for my newsletter- but what I’m offering you tonight is military identification.” He pauses again, gauging your reactions. “I suppose I have a bit of a personal grudge against the so called ‘forces that be’. It’s more than just about my books... If I can help spread dissent, count me in.” He smirks. “For a price. If the military got wind of this my arse is grass and they have a lawnringmower. You dig? I need compensation, both literally and metaphorically. Mere beetles won’t cut it. If you want me to make you ID, it’s going to cost you… in military resources.” He nods, sure of his business strategy. “This ensures to me that you’re capable of acts worthy of those IDs, and I get a boost to my profits and defence systems. I’d call it a smart deal.” Leaning back against the table, he allows you to look around the room and process what he’s dropped on you.

The purpleblood is now open for roleplay interactions. Please quote melona-pan for a reply.

All results: the investigation is over! You collectively gathered enough favour points to unlock the black market NPC. Congratulations on finding the underground market and military forgery lead! Upon your next return to the safehouse, you inform Rasali and Byakko of your successful findings. They applaud you, and immediately begin a meeting over how to proceed. When they return to you, they offer 50 military technology points to spend on IDs. Each ID costs 10 points. Not all points must be spent.

To decide who gets these military IDs, each troll who completed the CYOA can suggest a rebel who they think would make the most use of the ID. Any rebel can be nominated, including yourself, so long as they were active in this current meta. No further reasoning needs to be given. The 5 rebels with the most nominations will be given fake military IDs which will influence future events, with any ties being dice rolled off. Simply PM the mule with your choice, and title the PM ‘rebel ID vote’. Votes must be in by Dec 2nd.

Historical & Archived Events

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff