seekingCylem
Crew

Ice-Cold Cultist

9,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:29 pm
Sascha barely had time to look up before Cerpin was directly in front of his desk. Then he was sitting on it. Sascha frowned at the dull "thunk" noise of whatever just got displaced by Cerpin's a**. His frown shifted up to Cerpin proper.

Still an a**.

"I know working for me is a joy, but you have to sign up for military service before handing me your reports," Sascha replied flatly while moving Cerpin's report to a separate stack on the other side of the desk. He leveled Cerpin with another, more suspicious look.

"Some of us have more responsibility around here than working on the front lines. I may not have salvaged a ship recently," or at all, "But my reporting corporal has." Sascha tapped the stack of papers Psykgi had dropped off only moments earlier. The shrug and sigh Sascha pulled was entirely theatrical.

"But if you're here to ask me to accompany you on another ship, I'm sure I could find time in my busy schedule to lead your party. It'd only be right for someone of my station." Sascha's mouth slid into a sly grin.

Yamashii

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:04 pm
Also present on Sascha's desk was the report for the Scathing Displeasure of the Empress. Just one more pile of scrap to add to the ring around the planet. At least it was small. Sascha wouldn't be bringing up that wet mess with Cerpin if he didn't have to.  

seekingCylem
Crew

Ice-Cold Cultist

9,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hygienic 200

Yamashii

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:48 am
Cerpin's face flushed a irritable purple at the mention of Sascha's status. He should have never let the other guy know how much that bothered him. He fluctuated between hating that smug look on his face and giving props for the record breaking amounts of sass Sascha could fit into three sentences.

"I'll pass on being another cog in the machine for just a little longer." He still didn't understand what had prompted Sascha to enlist. The military seemed like the perfect place to lose any sense of individuality and become mindless pawns for someone else's goals. Was he really that kind of troll? That night out in the hustle and bustle of the Superstar booth had given Cerpin the impression that he'd wanted to stand out. He crossed a leg over another and stayed firmly planted on the desk a while longer. The office seemed pretty quiet, he wasn't disturbing anything important.

"Oh, I wouldn't want to distract you from your very important responsibilities, my liege." Cerpin hammed it up, acting the part of a flustered minion talking to their Queen. "You're definitely much more valuable behind a desk than on the front lines, sir." They both knew Sascha was too restless to enjoy long periods stuck in an office. But hey, that was his problem. He'd signed up for this.

"Or maybe you'd like to come down to my level and pick up some ships together?" Cerpin narrowed his eyes and glared at Sascha. Weren't they friends?

Were they?

seekingCylem

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:38 am
Sascha laughed outright. His attempt at cool professionalism shattered as his shoulders rolled. He was thrilled with the whole exchange. Not many people met his abrasiveness head-on and with such flair as Cerpin. He was someone Sascha could play off of wholeheartedly. He didn't take Cerpin's back-handedness as anything but a joke.

"You'll find I'm a fair and just ruler," Sascha returned, once his giggling settled. He propped his head up in his hand, wrinkling his papers with his elbow. "I will deign to join you at our next mutual availability."

Cerpin had seen Sascha in action on a number of different fields. More than anyone, he'd realize if he were to put thought into it. He had no reason to believe Cerpin was anything but facetious about his skills, though was more than happy to play into the competition just the same. Performing for an audience was Sascha's dream--his job, even. Cerpin kept coming back to him with challenges, with venues. He supposed, in some round-about way, on a subconscious level... Sascha trusted Cerpin.

Yamashii
It's hard to narrate the emotions of someone who adamantly does not self-reflect.

seekingCylem
Crew

Ice-Cold Cultist

9,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hygienic 200

Yamashii

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:45 pm
"Looking forward to it." Cerpin returned the grin with one of his own. He glanced out the door and seemed distracted by what he saw. Picking up a fistful of snacks out of one of the jars, he shoved them in his pockets and slide off the desk onto his feet. He had some stuff to take care of even if he would've preferred sticking around to bother the yellowblood. Sascha was just so interesting, even if kind of a t**t at times.

"Pardon me, your highness, and all that jazz. See ya around." Whatever it was that he'd noticed, he wasn't going to explain. With a lazy wave over his shoulder and a spring in his step, the nuisance was gone almost as suddenly as he'd arrived.

seekingCylem

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:42 pm
Quote:
Some time later..

Sascha signed his report on The Cutting Savagery of the Empress with more force than necessary. "Lt Sascha Diasis" was engraved into three separate sheets of paper. The top was left with a dramatic ink blotch. Sascha groaned, half from frustration, half from the headache he'd been nursing for a night and a half now. His eyes were still a ghastly shade of red around the iris. His office neighbors had given him a wide berth since he'd shown back up at the base.

One more mission. One more ship for the scrap heap.  

seekingCylem
Crew

Ice-Cold Cultist

9,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hygienic 200

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:06 pm
Well, all right, Psykgi was VERY disappointed that she couldn't get the ship home, but that couldn't be helped. You got what you got in life, and the Vicious Indignation of the Empress had a serious infestation of daywalkers and computing bees.

She'd been about to say something cheery to her CO, but noting his clear discomfort, settled for putting the report on his desk, a smile, a salute, and an offer to requisition some headache medicine for him.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:01 am
Quote:
Some time later...

Sascha's office has been a mess since the night he moved in. To anyone familiar with the space, however, there is something clearly amiss. Boxes are toppled over. Their contents spilled carelessly across the ground. The desk is surrounded by piles of broken and upended jars. The surface is devoid of anything but a single file folder. It's labeled The Battleship Condescension.  

seekingCylem
Crew

Ice-Cold Cultist

9,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hygienic 200
Historical & Archived Events

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash