Thirteenth Gatekeeper

35,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:21 pm
Tala Maxwell
~ Zael and Tala's Room ~
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

After what seemed like mere moments of sleep, Tala would be awoken by a soft thump from across the room - Initially he thought it might have been Zael, but at the sound of the window rattling, followed by a cold breeze and a resounding 'Splop' of something hitting the floor, he knew it was something far from that...

Exhaling a sigh, he would sit up, drawing the sheets back and sliding his feet from the bed as he turned his gaze towards the window - it only took a moment for him to spot the creature, but he was quickly to his feet and across the room before it could drag itself any further into the room.

He didn't want to think of how the Toad had made its way all the way up to the window of his bedroom, perhaps it had been dropped by a passing bird...but attached to the large creature was a piece of string from which hung a metallic bottle. Exhaling another sigh, he would remove the bottle and rise to his feet, setting the creature back on the windowsill as he unfurled the paper which had been carefully folded inside...

"You thought you were going to get a free day? Well not on my watch." Of course it would be Baba... Who else would arrange to have a toad dropped onto his windowsill on a day when ideally, he should be relaxing, preparing for the next day of lessons...

"I'm sure you're enjoying the extra coin I sent you? Well it's not all for you, I need some supplies." He knew there was going to be a catch to the additional benefit, but for what, he had no idea, until he scrolled down however... "Belladonna Tincture, Powdered Witch Hazel, Mint Extract and Coffee Beans," the exact reason she required these was always going to be mystery, but he knew from experience that Mint was good for indigestion, Coffee was good for headaches, Witch Hazel helped tackle skin ailments...and Belladonna, he knew from reading her books back home that the plant - in small quantities - could help ease pain, stimulate circulation and even relieve motion sickness...Deadly Nightshade also had side effects, anything from Hallucinations, right the way to Death itself - you see, the warning was in the name... Tala shook his head at the thought she might just have requested that in an attempt to poison the guards so she could escape...

Folding the letter up, he slipped it into his pocket, watching as the toad, suddenly took a leap of faith off the window, plummeting several feet before changing its form and taking wing...

"Guess I had better get going..." Written at the base of her note were directions as to where he was to leave the ingredients so one of her aides could collect them for her after nightfall...
Crossing the room to where he stashed his backpack, he pulled it on before digging out a cloak to stave off the rain and headed for the door.

~ Exit Tala and Zael's Dorm Room for the Pharmacy ~

Quote:

Quote:

Clothing: Wearing This
With: Possibly with Zael?
Feeling: Curious/Confused
OoC

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:23 am
Tala Maxwell
~ Entering Tala and Zael's Room ~

Tala had hoped to get at least one more day's use out of his clothing before he needed to wash it, but with everything soaked through from the rain, he had little option but to return to his Dorm Room to change.

Setting his backpack down on the floor beside his bed, he cast a glance around the room, noting yet again that his roommate seemed to be absent... Whatever he was up to, Tala was rather curious, but Zael's life was his own and Tala was sure the guy had more important things to do rather than spend his life in their Dorm Room...

With the majority of his shirts being sleeveless - and his cloak completely sodden, Tala had little choice but to adorn yet another set of clothes and hang up the rest to dry... He didn't mind, having a little more coin to play with, he intended to perhaps peruse the market... His first port of call should have been to return the book, but he needed to make sure it was dry and untarnished first and so, emptying the contents of his backpack out onto his bed, he picked up the book, running his fingertips around the edges, noting only a light scuff here and there - He had no doubt this had been caused when he'd accidently dropped the book in the forest, but at the same time, Cyrus could easily have... "Hrmm..."

He needed to get out of the mentality that the guy was out to get him...Sure, he was a guard and Tala's track record with authority figures had never been very good, yet at the same time, even though the Tiger had jumped to the conclusion he was up to no good and attempted an arrest, he'd still allowed him to escape when he could easily have charged after him and pinned him down in full view of any marketgoers that had chosen to brave the downpour...

With his backpack absolutely saturated as well, Tala decided to hang that up too, piling its contents into the storage box at the foot of his bed before sitting down and picking up the book again.

He recalled how he'd conjured the shadows, how the hounds had tried to hunt the creatures he'd created before that terrifying moment when Cyrus...The Feral Monstrosity seemingly full of Bloodlust had tried to kill him... Once again, Tala found it hard to forgive the guy, the same man who had then blamed the incident on the youth's own imagination...Even making him question his own Sanity...

He had to stop...This was the same path that would steer him away from making new friends... Sure, there were incidents and his past had already left him with many hangups...but at the same time, he had to remind himself it was a fresh start...even though already things had left him wondering if he was ever truly going to make friends...

After several minutes, Tala would heave a sigh. The book he'd borrowed from the Library had slipped to the bed beside him and as he rose from where he'd been sitting, it would slide closer to his hand and he would pick it up, deciding it was best to return it whilst he had it in his hands - Who knew how long overdue it was... The Librarian would have a fit if he caught him, no matter how nice he had been during their first meeting...

~ Tala leaves The Dorm Room, heading towards the Library ~

Marshmallow Pouf

Quote:

With:
Feeling: Wet, then distracted
OoC

Tala Maxwell

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

35,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100

Tala Maxwell

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

35,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:45 pm
Tala Maxwell
~ Starting the day in Tala and Zael's Room ~

Tala had become rather distant in the last few weeks, his focus turning onto practice and priorities, wanting to learn more control over his Raiment, whilst at the same time maintaining what he felt were important contacts, namely his visits to Accaria in the Pharmacy to see if he could assist, and his sparring sessions with Ivar. Of course he'd maintained his lessons as well, Botany was proving to be a little less...exciting, whilst Combat was becoming a little easier - especially with Ivar's help.

Elementor Class was still an interesting factor, especially after Tala requested Nova's assistance in getting more confident with his Raiment, she had been working with him in their spare time and although things were slowly becoming attainable, he still needed a lot of work and focus.

Someone had mentioned about a festival going on... Tala would naturally have been excited, had he not been less than confident around large, bustling crowds... Because of this - and with Lessons out of the way for a day or so, Tala decided to spend a little extra time in the warm cocoon of his bed, bundled up in furs and coverings where he felt most comfortable...

Marshmallow Pouf

Quote:

With:
Feeling: Warm and Snug
OoC Guess I better start somewhere

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:06 pm
User Image
XOXOX
OXOXO
XOXOX

┏━━━━★☆♛❦☆★ ━━━━┓

Zael over the past couple months hadn't been near as busy as Tala. Mostly, he had been enjoying the enormous library that the academy had. He'd had plenty of social interaction beforehand, prior to coming here. Here, though, the library was tremendous. A wealth of knowledge, infinite in nature. So much to learn... But with the festival, he decided that maybe it was time to get back into the social aspect of his life. The festival seemed like a great place to start. But first, he had to dress for the occasion. He had checked out a book and was returning back to his dorm room, in quiet contemplation. He hadn't really spoken to Tala that much recently. He had overestimated his ability to find the guard barracks, he didn't get lost... Well, yeah, he did. And by the time he found his way there, the person who had the book had already left to return it to Tala. He had explained all of this, and although it was a bit of a tense time for a small while afterwards, they had since come quite a bit further than that. He didn't think that was the problem anymore. It was more like... They hadn't really gotten all that much closer. Well! Now was a good time to rectify it. He would get to the room, get changed, and go find Tala at the feast---

His thoughts were cut off as he entered his dorm room, only to find a familiar mass huddled up in his roommates bed... He smiled a bit to himself. OF course he was. That was just like Tala... Well, apparently it was like himself, too. He knew that Tala wasn't sleeping for one reason. He wasn't snoring... Not that Tala really snored, per say. He just had a different way of breathing when he was asleep. However, he did see something else. A slice of cheesecake and some cookies. Perhaps taken back from the festival. That made his smile widen a bit. It brought back memories of when he first really met Tala. Before he attended to the plate, however, he thought a fire would be excellent. And so, he attended to the fireplace first. Saying "Well well... How nice of you, thinking of me" He said with a smile in his voice. He had already arranged a fire with the intention of lighting it earlier, and so he simply lit it with a flint and steel that was lying nearby. Patting his hands together as he stood, and walked to the plate "And what brings you here, when there's so much fun happening out there?" He asked, grabbing a utensil to eat the cheesecake with before approaching his favorite chair, which he had since positioned by the fire, and taking a seat with the plate, beginning to eat, starting with the Cheesecake... Which was quite delicious, he was surprised. IT was very easy to make cheesecake, but hard to make it well. "Where di you find this?" He inquired to his roommate after swallowing his bite, and taking another.
Talking - #C6C95B / Thinking - #B04A50

┗━━━━★☆♛❦☆★━━━━┛

Where - ♫ . In his new room♫ Company - ♫ Tala ♫ Feels - ♫ Curious and relaxed. Happy.♫ Outfit: ♫ As seen, slightly more trussed up OoC: ♪ ♫ ♪ Sorry for no color! my eye are getting tired. But I'll edit a bit once my eyes get some life back to them~!~ ^^♫ ♩ ♬ ♭

Marshmallow Pouf

Kawaii Streaker

8,275 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Powerful Legion 100
  • Comrades in Arms 150

Tala Maxwell

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

35,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:13 pm
Tala Maxwell
~ Starting the day in Tala and Zael's Room ~

Tala had been drifting in and out of conscious for much of the morning, hence the shallow breathing, part of his 'lazy day' had been down to wishing to avoid the crowds down below, with a hint perhaps of pure bone-idleness mixed in as well, whilst the other reason he was perhaps a little more awake than he really intended was the subconscious awareness that if he'd stayed in bed too long back home, he'd have been scolded for it... Baba didn't like Layabouts and if she could see him now - which she probably could - he'd soon expect a good ear-bending for it...

At the sound of the door opening, the male's eyes fluttered open, sleepily staring at the patch of wall beside his bed before finally registering that someone else was in the room when Zael started to speak. It was nice to hear the male had found the little something he'd left for him, even if it had been a while since he'd left it - clearly the parchment Roselyn had wrapped it in helped to maintain its freshness nicely - which was an added bonus.

"Hnn...?" he would sit up, letting out a yawn before looking across the room as his roommate warmed himself by the fire, "Oh, the Bakery just off the Marketplace, I'll take you there sometime," shivering, he drew one of the warm furs around his shoulders before slipping from his bed and walking somewhat dazedly towards the window, "It's unlike you to be up so early..." He would have asked the occasion, but knew it very well before he even looked out of the window... "Ah..." he wouldn't necessarily narrow his eyes, but a somewhat sleepy expression left him looking rather displeased... "Have you been down there yet?"

It wasn't necessarily the festivities he disliked...more the vast amount of people, eager to get from point A to point B - even if they were just browsing - and caring not for whom they knocked into as they passed by... Sure, he had coin to purchase items with and there was no saying he wouldn't find anything, but did he really want to brave the crowds? His stomach gave a grumble, but he chose to ignore it for the moment...

Marshmallow Pouf

Quote:

With:
OoC Welcome back Buddy!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:45 pm
User Image
XOXOX
OXOXO
XOXOX

┏━━━━★☆♛❦☆★ ━━━━┓

It didn't really matter that Tala didn't answer the question about him being here instead of there, Truthfully, Zael already knew the answer to that. He just asked more to tease Tala than anything. The fact that Tala's face made the expression he did when he looked outside was more than enough of a reason for Zael. It made him smile as he answered "That'd be great to head down there with you someday... But you're right. I'm not usually up early. I was actually in the library though. I haven't gone to the festival yet" He confesses. Admittedly, while he normally thrived in such environments, at the moment he was finding this much more favorable as he took a bite of one of the cookies next as he contemplated his response.

"Have you been down there yet?" He decided to ask his roommate. "If you'd like, you can come with me. It'd be nice to have some company" He says. He never had a problem with crowds, and he had seen many people like Tala. Those who didn't know how to manage them, and naturally hated them as a result. "I think you'll have an entirely different experience... Plus, it sounds as if there are some goodies there that we might not be able to get again" He says with a smile. More interested in shopping than interacting in this particular event, especially if he had Tala with him. "If nothing else, we can just watch... People do interesting things in times like these, when you take the time to see them" He adds Deciding to supplement with a story "You know... In a crowd, people often forget that they're in a crowd... They act as if they were alone, because they think nobody will see them. I once saw someone who had no issues, in the middle of the crowd... Shall we say, mining for gold and eating his profits. Not just one time, but for a good two minutes... It's fascinating, truly" He says with a mischievous smile. "The possibilities are endless.... Plus, I can show you how to deal with crowds" He promises as he takes another bite of his cookie. He was also fine with just sitting and reading, eating cookies and cake. But he knew that they had to eat soon. "That aside... I heard the food down there is to die for" He decided to add. Food was always a good way to motivate the unmotivated. This he knew from personal experience.Talking - #C6C95B / Thinking - #B04A50

┗━━━━★☆♛❦☆★━━━━┛

Where - ♫ . In his new room♫ Company - ♫ Tala ♫ Feels - ♫ Curious and relaxed. Happy.♫ Outfit: ♫ As seen, slightly more trussed up OoC: ♪ ♫ ♪ Same rules apply with my eyes. I'll be there soon! ^^" And thank you for the friendly welcome back! <3♩ ♬ ♭

Tala Maxwell
Quote:

Marshmallow Pouf

Kawaii Streaker

8,275 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Powerful Legion 100
  • Comrades in Arms 150

Tala Maxwell

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

35,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:32 am
Tala Maxwell
~ Tala and Zael's Room ~

Tala, although staring out of the window quirked an eyebrow, Zael seemed the type of guy to enjoy such festivities...was there a chance he was hanging around because he didn't want Tala to feel left out? He turned, about to say that Zael didn't have to worry about him and that he should go and enjoy the festivities before pausing as the male questioned if he'd been there yet; Quietly, he shook his head,

The offer of joining his roommate could easily have been declined, but with Zael perhaps seeking a little company, rather than striking out on his own, Tala dropped his gaze, feeling a little guilty that he was perhaps holding him back - The library was 'out' but technically, they were still inside the walls..."I'm really not a fan of crowds..." Jostling, bustling... Zael mentioned it would be a totally different experience, but Tala suspected one crowd would be like any other... "But I..." He listened at the comment about people watching - he had to admit, it was an interesting activity and he recalled how in his past, he'd perched up somewhere and observed the strangest of antics between individuals...

It was all beginning to sound really quite tempting... He would tilt his head at the offer of showing him how to 'deal' with the crowds - that could be worth a try at least... Then he cast a glance back at the window, his ears twitching as the sound of a raised voice reached his ears. At this point, Tala would lean closer to the pane, cracking the frame open slightly in an attempt to hear what was being said...

"They're saying something about a feast," he wasn't entirely sure, but at the sound of food, he guessed a lot of people would be eager to fill their bellies and that might just allow him the chance to look around without the fear of being knocked around by 'inconsiderates'... "Okay, fine, I'll join you," he nodded, trying to focus on this factor, "But if it gets too much, I'm out, okay?"

He would make his way back across to his bed, leaving the fur blanket on the edge before pulling on a black hooded jacket and looking back; He would of course wait for Zael to make the leading move before following him out and down towards the festival.

~ Tala to leave for the Festival when Zael is ready ~

Marshmallow Pouf

Quote:

With:
OoC Absolutely no problem mate! =D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:13 pm
User Image
XOXOX
OXOXO
XOXOX

┏━━━━★☆♛❦☆★ ━━━━┓

It amused Zael. Tala had his faint protests that he barely managed a word or two of before something else caught his attention. He knew interest when he saw it. And Tala was definitely interested at this point... It was fun to know that Tala appreciated such hobbies as people watching. Honestly, that was how he learned much of what he did, simply from observing people. His class had exploded in size since he had arrived. And he hadn't really interacted with that many of them... But he did observe them. He had learned things like that. As creepy of a hobby as some might consider it, Zael was all to aware of the value it could have... Although it was also just fun, as well.

And then Zael saw Tala listen in... Ahhh. "Yes, they did mention something about that.... Well. If there's free food then there's no time to be resting I suppose." Zael was weak to free food that much was certainly true. But he was glad to see that Tala was branching out of his shell a little bit as he smiled to him. "That's completely fair. But don't worry, I don't think it'll be as bad" He promises. A the very least he was pretty certain that he could help Tala have a good time, even if they stuck away from the crowds. He changed his shirt quickly, but only that as he left with a gesture, holding the door open to Tala and saying with a dramatic bow. "After you, m'lord" He says, playfully, before following Tala out and to the feast.

-Exit with Tala to the Festival-

┗━━━━★☆♛❦☆★━━━━┛

Where - ♫ . Heading to the Festival♫ Company - ♫ Tala ♫ Feels - ♫ Curious and relaxed. Happy.♫ Outfit: ♫ As seen, slightly more trussed up OoC: ♪ ♫ ♪ And now we begin~ ♬ ♭

Tala Maxwell
Quote:

Marshmallow Pouf

Kawaii Streaker

8,275 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Powerful Legion 100
  • Comrades in Arms 150

Tala Maxwell

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

35,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:50 am
Tala Maxwell
~ Tala and Zael's Dorm Room ~

It always happened... That moment he started to relax, to let his guard down and just as things were finally starting picking up for him... Heck, he'd almost made a new acquaintance, then It happened... He had no idea if Patrick would take his words to any offense, but what the heck was going on? Why was Baba suddenly requesting his help again?

Tala sat in the window of his dorm room, his knees drawn up to his chest and arms wrapped tightly around them - seemingly deep in thought... Sure, he should really be getting ready for his Knit Class, but after the unexpected meeting, Tala had rushed straight to the Pharmacy to check on Accaria... He'd gotten his answer when he saw the place had been temporarily boarded up and he could only wonder how what had caused her to move on like that...

He'd barely slept that night either, already visible were the dark marks beneath his eyes as he'd lay in bed just listening to the world around him, waiting for that tap at the window...or the nightmare - she liked visiting him that way... "Baba would contact him later" How long was later? How soon until his brief time of rest would come to an end...?

At the sound of something sliding beneath the door, Tala's gaze would flick towards the space, noting the small envelope as it came to a stop just inches from the gap. It took him a moment to realise this could be what he was waiting for and so, wasting no time, he shot across the room to investigate, picking up the card and sliding it open to reveal... An invite?

He skim-read the paper before exhaling a sigh and making his way back across the room, setting the invitation on Zael's desk so he could see for himself, before crossing towards his bed where he flopped down, looking up at his still vacant ceiling... He really didn't feel like partying right now...

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

With: Alone?
Feeling: Aloof...Annoyed, more than a little lost...
OoC

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:41 pm
Tala Maxwell
~ Tala's Dorm Room ~

Tala had to admit, Balls and Dances weren't his thing. He'd seen a few in his short life when the Village near the forest within which he'd lived with Baba had held their annual get-together to celebrate...whatever they chose to celebrate. He'd watched villagers in their best as they made their way to the centre of town where they would dance around the square or purchase goodies from the stalls that had set up around the outside... It was amusing to watch as people in their suits and dresses twirled round in regal fashion, taking turns to weave in and out between their fellow villagers before taking seats around to watch as others joined in... These events would often last well into the early morning, but Tala had rarely stuck around for the Old Witch didn't like him staying out too late.

Sitting on the edge of his bed, he looked across the vacant room towards where his dorm-mate's belongings had been removed - there was no telling where Zael had gone, but it felt that the life and vibrancy of the room had gone with him...

Exhaling a sigh, the Shadowmancer would push himself to his feet, making his way across to where he'd often dumped his belongings... There were a few things there that he could wear, but having not intended to go anyway, he'd not even considered purchasing anything new...and so little looked anything near presentable...

Frowning, Tala would pull on a simple black shirt, then reach for a jacket which had until now, remained rolled up at the bottom of the trunk beside his bed. He knew for a fact it was not anything close to what the others would be wearing, but it was the most presentable piece of clothing he had.

Pulling it on, he would turn his gaze towards the window - having still not received any communication from Baba or her minions, he was beginning to wonder if anything would show at all? He didn't care, he wasn't going to play along any more - The Witch had 'released him' from his duties when Accaria had taken on the job and now that the female had gone...well, he presumed she'd left? Either way, he was no longer in her service. Baba would have to find someone else - At least, that's what he kept telling himself.

With one final glance at his reflection and a quick 'fluffing up' and adjusting of his usual messy hairstyle, Tala would pick up the invitation, shoving it into his pocket before turning for the door.

He was within two minds as to whether or not to attend the Gala itself and really didn't fancy the hustle and bustle of the crowds that were certain to be there, but the large, vacant room left him feeling actually quite lonesome and unless he was prepared to go to bed exceptionally early or stay up late reading, Tala felt perhaps a walk was in order? If he happened to find himself outside the Ballroom where the Gala was being held, then whatever occurred after that would be left up to fate...but what he was certain of was that he wouldn't be there for long - perhaps just long enough to snag something to eat before finding his way outside again, away from the crowds.

[~ Tala Exits his Dorm Room ~]

Raiyun

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

With: Nobody
Feeling: Uncertain
OoC Will he go? Who Knows! =P

Tala Maxwell

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

35,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100

Tala Maxwell

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

35,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 10:51 am
Tala Maxwell
~ Tala's Dorm Room ~

Okay, how long had he sat there this time? With his head rested upon his left palm, the Shadowmancer distractedly scribbled and scrawled across the parchment as though trying to distract his mind from everything that was stuck in there... It was purely a waiting game, biding his time between lessons until the Witch made another request for his assistance...and with the time already past, he was beginning to feel a visit was long overdue...

It had all been rather quiet, Tala had slipped back into lessons and kept his profile low, grateful that nobody seemed to have noticed his absence, or much of his return...But there was always the question as to how long the 'calm' would last. He'd seen notices posted around for Graduation and that pretty much the entire Academy would be present to watch as this years Graduates moved off to pastures new - or adopted positions within the Academy/Citadel itself to expand their learning? Once again, as someone who tried his best to avoid crowds where possible, he had absolutely no interest in attending... Then again, he'd met one or two of the students in his classes and perhaps could at least show his face and in turn acknowledge they meant something to him...?

"Probably wouldn't notice me anyway." he mumbled, setting the pencil down and resting his head in his folded arms. Out of those Graduating, he knew Ivar was someone who had at least attempted to try and form a friendship with him and they were a pretty good team when it came to Combat training...but after his absence, Tala hadn't really felt all that involved - it was by far no fault of Ivar's...He just didn't want to risk involving anyone incase they were hurt. "It's probably for the best..."

Raising his head just high enough to rest his chin upon his arm, Tala turned his gaze towards the window, watching as clouds drifted across the sky outside... Then, breathing a sigh, he would push himself away from the desk and grab his jacket, pulling it on before making his way towards the door. With everyone at Graduation, the Courtyard should be clear for a little practice session.

[~ Tala Exits his Dorm Room for The Courtyard ~]

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

With: Alone?
Feeling:
OoC

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:49 am
Tala Maxwell
~ Tala & Xeih's Dorm ~

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
"...What am I supposed to do with you...?" For the first night in who knows how long, Tala had slept almost the entire way through... Opening his eyes, he looked down at the little black creature that had nuzzled up close to his chest during the night... It gave a soft grumble, then a yawn as its long tail whipped against the bedding as it stretched its little legs - opening its mouth to reveal several needle-sharp teeth before beautiful blue eyes opened to regard him before it curled back into the warm space beside him...

"I've gotta get to class..." he mused quietly, lifting his gaze to glance around the room before letting out a sigh and sitting up. The movement earned a soft growl from the little creature, but it soon spread itself out across where the Shadowmancer had been lying - stealing his warm spot.

Tala couldn't help but roll his eyes with a smile before tearing his gaze away as he pulled on his clothes for the day. Maybe it would be nice to have a little companion around - he wondered for a moment how Jace was getting on with his own 'pet' - at a glance, the Shadowmancer was certain he'd seen a scaled lizard of some sort, but in the back of his mind, something seemed rather off with the creature... If the guy had been an Elementor like him, he might have pursued him with a question in class, but as he'd only seen Jace in Combat, he knew he would have to wait until the next free day.

Eventually, now fully dressed, Tala would pull on his boots and return to his bed, gently lifting up the little furry bundle and sliding it into his jacket - There was no way he was going to leave it alone in his room, at least not until he'd worked out exactly what the dog-like-being was.

Having been made aware of a new Dorm Mate, the Shadowmancer would cast a glance across to the new bed - it was dark, so he was uncertain if the male was actually there, but making as little sound as he could, Tala would briefly peer into the darkness of his jacket before taking his leave for the Elementor Class.

[ ~ Tala Leaves Dorm Room for Elementor Class ~ ]

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Clothing: As Seen
With: The Little Pup
Feeling: Content
OoC Tala's got a little friend whom he's sneaking to class...haha

Tala Maxwell

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

35,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100

Tala Maxwell

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

35,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:33 pm
Tala Maxwell
~ Tala and Xeih's Room ~

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Having barely scraped through the Elementor Class without the little cub being discovered, Tala knew for a fact that he would have to reluctantly leave her behind in his dorm room before he headed off for Combat Class the next day... The fact anything could happen in that lesson - especially if he kept her safely hidden within his jacket - he just didn't want to take the chance of her getting hurt and knew it was for the best that he left her behind.

Knowing she would be on her own for a couple of hours at least, the Shadowmancer would head back to his Dorm following his Knit Lesson and start 'puppy-proofing' his room - The last thing he wanted was to come back and find it in a mess, or worse...and heavens forbid she might just leave him a little present in gratitude for their time apart... The male pulled a face at the thought, but knew it was all part of the responsibility of keeping a pet...

With little in the way of belongings - besides his bed, covers, books and clothes, Tala had little that he would actually lose, but at the same time, with rumours of a new Dormmate he didn't exactly want to leave a 'pigsty' for the male to find when he eventually arrived...

Ensuring that the cub was nestled within the covers of his bed, the Shadowmancer would spend much of that evening trying to create a sort of barrier between his side of the room and that which would belong to his new roommate when they inevitably turned up.

It was when he awoke on the floor of his room the next morning with the little cub curled up next to him that Tala knew he had to dedicate what spare time he had to looking after her - He of course had still to name the little creature, but that would come with time. For now, he set her back upon his bed before turning his attention towards making something to keep her occupied - at least whilst he was out at the Combat Class...

Having advanced with his Raiment just enough for his weapons to be able to maintain a solid form for a short while, Tala would seat himself against the edge of his bed and dig out one of his 'old shirts' - casting a brief glance up to the little black form as it breathed softly above him before turning his attention to the task at hand.

The sound of ripping seemed to stir the little creature from her slumber and with a yawn, the black cub would crawl her way towards the edge of his bed - her blue eyes watching him quietly as the Shadowmancer cut away strips of the shirt before tying them together. She was still rather young, but her head would tilt in curiosity as she observed the male's actions... A whimper drawing the Elementor's attention making him smile. Lifting her gaze she would watch as he reached out, picking her up before settling her into his lap as he continued to work with the strips of fabric.

Although she didn't have a name for him yet, she felt safe with the furless creature, sitting on his lap and watching as he wove the strips into a plait before waggling it around infront of her nose - Naturally she reached out with her mouth, her needle-sharp teeth catching hold of the dark fabric and gripping tightly as he gave it a soft-tug before letting it go. The male seemed to find amusement in this, but he remained silent, watching her contentedly before lifting the little cub up and setting her down on the floor as he continued to weave more strips of fabric into more intricate shapes setting them to the side.

She would continue to chew the little 'toy' he had given her before watching as he rose to his feet, tying the little fabric things around one side of the room before coming back to pick her up again. She would reach out a paw towards his face as he held her close, carrying her almost like a babe in arms before 'booping' her nose with his finger and settling her back down on his bed.

There was no telling where he was going, but as the Shadowmancer got her all 'snuggly' within his fur blankets, the little cub couldn't help but give a big yawn and settle down, chewing on one of the little fabric toys before letting out another yawn and setting her chin on her paws and closing her eyes.

[ ~ Tala Leaves Dorm Room for Combat Elective ~ ]

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

With: The Little Cub
Feeling: Content,
OoC

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:48 pm

PROFILEXX LOCATION: Sitting at a table with a bunch of booksXX OUTFIT: Regular: LightXX OOC:BeepXX

-New RP Day-

Xeih groaned as he awoke; tiny droplets of cold sweat leaked from his pores. The young boy caught some sort of cold, causing him to be bed ridden for quite a while. The poor boy's sleeping condition caused his eyes to feel physically exhausted, like they have been running marathons. He closed his eyes once more, cursing the sunlight that peered through the window. All he wanted was some sleep, and to have this blasted sickness to pass over already. It wasn't as bad now, though, he felt like he could get up and go about a normal day, but today was a celebratory one. The Autumn festival is today, and Xeih by all means had no desire to go, but he would've liked to at least have tried to. Xeih hasn't made a single friend, save Camilla if he decided to teach her the basics of magic. Was she a friend? Xeih was unsure, more or less a peer if anything else.

He oh so desperately wanted to read a book, any book. But he had none with him at the moment except the one he had checked out from the Library, which he already thoroughly read through. Xeih got up and decided to get dressed. He should go and try to find Ms. Krea and ask her what he missed while he was out sick. He was disappointed with himself immensely, but he's not one to attend class if he's sick. Xeih grabbed a satchel and put his currency and a spare coat inside, and headed out of his dorm. He wasn't Q'ara to give him the full lecture, he just wanted to see if he could make up for his time missed somehow. Given that the festival was today, she could possibly be there. However, he'd check around the Academy first just in case.

-Exit Xeih in search of Q'ara-

TrashPuppy

Tala Maxwell

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

35,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:03 am
Tala Maxwell
~ Tala's Dorm Room - New Day ~

User Image User Image He couldn't stop looking at her... Just watching as her chest rose up and down with each breath she took as she slept amongst the blankets of his bed...

Although it was a free day, Tala hadn't gone very far that morning - sure, he'd taken Fea down to the Courtyard so she could do what was necessary and stretch her legs, but then they'd returned - She hadn't changed one single bit following the incident in Diviner Class the other day and had even glanced at him questioningly when they'd started to head back inside, but as soon as she was back in his room, she'd hopped up onto his bed and gotten herself settled... No doubt expecting to spend the day inside again...

It had still baffled him as to why she'd crept away from his side - Obviously it had been that new girl's bird... Yet he was starting to realise now that Fea was still a cub - ever curious of her surroundings and now that she was growing up, she was starting to test her boundaries...

Having seated himself on the windowsill, he would occasionally turn his gaze away to glance outside, but it never strayed for too long before returning to fall upon the wolf as she snored ever so softly across the room from him...

It had been nice for Eyrli to offer to care for the Cub during his Knit Class - the last thing he wanted was for Lord Rhysian to take away the only thing he had ever truly cared about... Sure, his human acquaintances were starting to grow on him, gradually breaking down those thick walls of mistrust and fear that had lingered for so long as a defense mechanism to protect him from being hurt... but there was still something different about the little Wolf that made him want to protect her - even if it meant his own life was placed on the line...

He smirked...How silly it must seem to want to protect something that to anyone else must have been a thorn in his hide... She followed him around and demanded his undying attention and care day after day and it would certainly be a whole lot easier just to let the Elder do away with her - then he could go back to being the unsociable ward awaiting his next order from his guardian...

No. He didn't want that. What was that life? A routine where he was called upon when the Elders felt it right, left in suspense whilst pushing away any possible chances of friendship...nobody to fall back on when times were tough...

Fea's ears would twitch as she heard the male slide from the windowsill, as his footsteps moved across the room, she would lift her head, tilting it slightly before leaping from the bed as he gave her a short whistle and approached the door. They were going out again!

Excited, she scampered towards her Pack Brother, sitting at his feet as he opened the doorway, watching as he stepped out, before darting through the gap as he started to close it behind him. She wouldn't make a sound, but her gaze was transfixed upon the male, drifting away occasionally as something caught her attention before snapping back into place so she didn't lose sight of him.

[ ~ Tala and Fea Leave the Dorms for the Courtyard ~ ]

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

With: Fea,
Feeling:
OoC ""