Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hivestuck

Back to Guilds

Homestuck inspired troll related b/c 

Tags: homestuck, troll, breedables, mspa, alternia 

Reply Historical & Archived Events
=>[META] Chittentown SRDPSL Ground Crew Operations Tent Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

quite uneventful

Kawaii Garbage

18,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:51 pm
Quote:
GWENYN ARRHEN
NIGHT: 5
CHOICE: A => A => B => B => C => E => Verier Vostok (agreeing with the others)

She'd arrived a little late, maybe just a tad too late, watching the trolls she'd accompanied from behind and following near them but not too near, simply enjoying their interactions and the way they all bounced off each other. It was hard to keep up, however, with all the running and dashing and climbing and effort. It wasn't like she wasn't able to, but it was annoying and a part of her wasn't exactly sure how she would benefit from being there.

Then they'd found him.

Gwen had heard of Vostok, the shamed researcher blamed for the space tower disaster. She'd spent a little too long looking for information on the troll, and the fact that he was there right now, being interrogated by trolls she knew little to nothing about was entertaining enough for her to stick around and watch the scene play out. The greenblood listened attentively, standing near but behind the others, unsure how to contribute but just nodding along with the others, crossing her arms and lifting her nose some.

gwen's around but not contributing much, gomen V__V
Micillia
KitsuneAura
nepsah
screamingshark
Hobo Pixi
leon_a_darkangel

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:13 am
VOSTOK GROUP

A number of the trolls surrounding him are more lenient in their suggestions. One, however - a plucky tealblood - catches the doctor by surprise. Vostok turns a deep teal. He clutches his hands together to keep them from shaking. While the rest of the young trolls imply a simple solution - allow him the good faith of fixing it - the tealblood taints their intentions.

This is beyond ensuring his own motives; this is blackmail. Finally, the doctor stands up straight. He adjusts his visor, and clears his throat.

“I-I’ve had enough. I am Dr. Vostok Verier, prized astrophysicist and engineer of Chittentown and Civisect Science Facilities. I will not be threatened by children.”

He’s made up his mind. As Verier grows more confident, drawn by anger and his long forced exile, his exterior begins to shimmer. “I’d rather be culled than have the likes of you control my fate. Thanks to you I will be a hated target of society; my contributions have already been dashed and you seek to destroy me further. No more. I’m going back to the Operations Center to report my findings, for better or worse. And… That’s final.”

With a seething glance at Avvisi, Vostok packs up his things. His metallic coating fades, and he begins his march towards the base.

Vostok has been “dealt with”!

PANILI GROUP

The upset orangeblood looks at you, still looking ready to bolt. She half-heartedly takes the bundle of flowers and mumbles something incoherent. Afterwards, she rushes off.

Panili has fled!

KIDDDD

“Heh heh heh! Yer a natural!” Kidddd exclaimed, paying Eckios a compliment while giving him a hearty slap on the back. “Now let’s go get--”

His words are cut off by a siren. “Oh s**t, it’s the cops! See ya!”

Kidddd drops the entirety of his treasure trove next to Eckios and rushes away. You can hear shouts from drones, and… You can also smell fire? Uh oh.

Kidddd has fled! To wrap up your ending, roll a 1D4. If you roll a 1 or 2, the drones catch you! You’re blamed for the defacing of the walls around this site, as well as the fire that the aptly named Kidddd Arsnst set before you arrived. Oops. You’re forced to clean and fix everything, and spend a week in Jr. Jail to make sure your delinquent tendencies are sorted out! If you roll a 3 or 4, you escape!  

Sypon
Vice Captain

leon_a_darkangel rolled 1 4-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-4)

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:04 am
Eckios Chivul
Day: Final Path
Path: Get caught oopse.

Eckios felt his pump biscuit drop into his protein chute. Scared out of his thinkpan, he whimpered as he was left alone with his lusus. He had a bad feeling originally... but he had foolishly believed the other kid.

Eckios felt like an idiot. Trusting another troll in this manner would not be a mistake he made again so readily. He had never done anything to get himself in trouble like this.

Covering his hands over his spongeclots he stood frozen in fear to nervous to actually move an inch. Trevel was going to be so mad...he had really screwed up big time.

He hung his head in shame as they caught up with him. The small tealblood felt tears well in his vision as he cringed as they told him what he was "guilty" of having done.

"N..no Please I'm sorry I was just hanging out with a blueblood and they ran off... I-I did do that one there, but I didn't set any fires I swear! I'll help clean it up..." Eckios pointed out what he HAD done wrong as he pleaded with the drones. His mismatched eyes were wide as his throat felt tight from near hysteria as the child hid beside his lusus. As he worked he felt tears stinging his vision mostly from the fear of the unknown then anything else. He had no idea what jail was like but it sounded scary.

The other troll sure had left a lot of messes behind...this was going to take awhile.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:41 pm
In the weeks following the ground crew investigation, the security mishap was resolved - for better or for worse. Some of the incidents were dealt with without a hitch, while others have lead to scrutiny and consequences for the SRDPSL and the associated launch mission.

The escape of the design competitor thugs was a huge blow to the SRDPSL. Critical data and archives were stolen directly from the design tents, leading to a huge deal of panic and concern among the facilities. There are now a few significant holes in the creation of the launch site’s records. For some trolls attempting to cover up sabotage, the misdirection is a welcome incident. However, the long term consequences are yet to be seen.

Damage by the young prankster known by his tag as “KIDDDD ARSNST” also caused a great deal of stress to the facility. An entire office building was burnt down with further records being lost due to smoke and fire damage, and the integrity of the site was called into question with the massive amount of cartoon bone bulges covering a vast area of the surrounding offices.

A significant blast-radius from the unfortunate Cruel-Aid Drink Dispenser Droid’s explosion made repairs ultimately necessary and very time consuming. The need to produce additional resources to this damage and the aforementioned damage was a strain upon the SRDPSL.

Fortunately, Verier Vostok plead his case to the leaders of SRDPSL. With the support of Dr. Diacal Casini, he began a heavily monitored operation to reinforce the weak supports of the launch sites. Though still under heavy scrutiny, his return to science facilities had a sense of resolution for both Chittentown and Civisect camps. Under the duress of heavy investigation, not much is seen from Vostok thereafter, but sources confirm that the launch sites are improved 100% due to his efforts.

The remainder of demolished hives have been cleared succesfully and peacefully thanks to the careful work of investigators. The dangerous corrosive acid-spitting lusus guarding its charge’s old demolished hive was dealt with non-destructively.

Reports of a missing drone were passed to the higher-ups at the SRDPSL. Whatever fate befell the drone is uncertain, as a search party’s efforts were unsuccessful after their escape.

Panili, having done no damage or effect on the SRDPSL’s exterior barricades, returned to her camp flustered and upset with only half of her hand-picked bounty. She would, unfortunately, not have nearly enough flowers for her crew to enjoy.

Thankfully, the Paparazzi was handily waylaid at the exterior barricades, causing no detriment to the operations of the SRDPSL. The clever thinking of the trolls involved was praised for this action, and extra cake was thus delivered.

Thus ended the hubbub!  

Sypon
Vice Captain

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:29 pm

It almost felt like the world had made a permanent shift to the right now that the operation was over. The lusus they’d helped the others deal with had been spared, and the remnants of the destroyed hives gotten rid of. The Empress’ ship careened peacefully into the ocean, despite the best attempts that all of the older volunteers and military trolls had made to recover it. It was all over, and that left Apibom feeling strangely… empty. What were they doing before the project started up? They could not really recall- it had taken over their life in a way that was hard to put into words once things had gotten into full swing. They were not sure what to do with themself now that they - and the other volunteers of the ground crew - were no longer needed.

Needed. Perhaps that was what they had been seeking in the first place. They had signed up wanting to do something Exciting and New, to discover something new about themself, and maybe to find some sort of path they could set themself down for the future. But had they? While the others celebrated, Apibom had found a nice corner at the back of the tent to stand in. They looked down at their hands, still a little dirty. They needed to wash them… but that would remove signs that they had done something that benefited society, wouldn’t it? What would they be left with, their memories? They wanted hard proof- something physical to say I was here, I did this and let it be known to others that they existed. The high officials in the military had been able to leave handprints behind, permanent proof they had been there and contributed. But the rest of them-...nothing. Memories, and perhaps friendships or acquaintances would be all that was left, wouldn’t it?

Their eyes drifted down to the pin they’d received from Sargeant Aidman. They supposed this was as much of a physical reminder that they’d done something that they’d get. The gold star would fade over time, as most stickers tended to do, but the pin would probably last. They’d have to put it somewhere safe, but not out of sight. Reminders of accomplishments should never be put out of sight, after all.

The work was done, and Apibom was not sure they’d gotten much out of it in the end. Discover something new? Who were they kidding- they were not the type for introspection, it only lead to disappointment. But that was what a lot of their time working had ended up being- most trolls were too busy to have a friendly conversation and so they worked in silence. Silence lead to wandering thoughts. They recalled watching the lowblood being taken from their hive- kicking and screaming, and frowned. They had tried so hard to justify it- to make it make sense. The reality that Fluff had been trying so hard to grind into their head had never been so clear and apparent until that moment. They - lowbloods - were cogs in the greater machine, to be manipulated, moved, and used to the benefit of the larger goal. Theoretically, that wasn’t so bad a fate- Apibom longed to be needed, to be useful, but the idea of being disposable… Now that was hard to accept.

They wanted to be needed, to be remembered, but not disposable. They wanted to make themself valuable, too useful to be thrown away or damaged recklessly. They would just have to devise a way to become just that. What were they doing before this? What project had they been working on…? They couldn’t remember- not really. Silly ideas, flitting from activity to activity in hopes that something would stick but nothing permanent. They had these dreams and desires but had not truly made an effort to make them reality. Perhaps that was why they had done so badly in the contest- that and their misguided reason for signing up for it in the first place. They needed to get serious, and really try to do something with their life. They weren’t going to be a wriggler forever, able to slide under the radar for the most part.

They just needed to narrow down their options. Focus, pick a path and stick to it. Two were clear, attach themself to Chiara as much as they could or look into fully committing to the system and joining the military. Lowbloods could earn rank, and rank meant being remembered in some way, didn’t it? Through Chiara they would probably have more freedom, and the chances of being remembered would be slim, but they could be more needed on a personal level. Provided they were able to actually be useful to her. They had not managed to complete the mission she’d given them at the beginning- to keep tabs on trolls she had said she was concerned about. They had been so busy they had barely gotten more than glimpses of the trolls in the pictures she’d shown them. They had to talk to her about that..

Their decision would depend on how the conversation went, then. If it was good, then they would stick with her. She had believed in them this far, even with their lackluster performance, if they really got serious about things surely she’d keep supporting them. They even already had some skills that could be useful to her - who knew there was such a thing as dance battles? Apibom did not really like the idea of directly fighting another person but that was the way the world worked, and at least in this sense they’d probably have the opportunity to properly learn how.

But if the conversation went badly, they supposed they would just sign up for the military the next time they got the opportunity to do so. They wouldn’t be needed on such a personal level as they would be with Chiara, but in the grand scheme of things if they worked hard and got the proper opportunities they could probably advance the ranks and then they could become more necessary… and maybe have more a chance of being remembered, even if it was just in the form of records somewhere. Or a handprint in a slab of concrete.

So they felt empty, but a little more resolved. The task was done, they had no more work to do here, but plenty to do for the future. They just needed to find Chiara first to decide what sort of work it would be.

Hivestuck
whoops delayed quote;;

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:14 pm
Everything had turned out okay in the end. Vostok had done the right thing even after that teal blood girl had upset him from trying to black mail him. Dillys felt awful that she had done that, especially since he sounded so uplifted from the other trolls in the group before the reported smashed him. It was all said and done though, there was nothing the red blood could have done to change what had happened. However, he did still want to apologize to the older teal blood since he wasn’t able to at the time.... Adults sure do walk fast! Dillys looked to his twin, happy she was okay after the whole ordeal.

“Connie, I know if I feel guilty and want to apologize to Vostok, you probably do too...” he sighed, rubbing his neck. “How about we write him a letter and apologize for what had happened... and thank him for doing the right thing and fixing the tower...” he mentioned, “We can maybe mention something about being proud of him or something?... I don’t know...” he mused. He looked back at his red blood twin, “and Connie... I also want to talk to you about something serious, okay?” He added, looking to her with a serious expression.

His mind was made up.

Hobo Pixi

Divine Demigod

17,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tipsy 100

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:17 pm
Connie had watched Vostok leave with a sadness in her pump biscuit and eyes. That wasn't what she wanted...the troll had looked so tormented. But! There was hope. The tealblood had done what was needed to make things right even if he had been angry. Connie would have to track the Reporter down. She'd seen her work from the Super Star Authority up until now... and she had words for the other girl. For now, that could wait.

Looking at her twin her hand touched his with concern in her expression. "I do...yes Dillys." She agreed with a nod of her head. Perking up she beamed at the taller boy. "I like that idea." The redblood child agreed as she nodded at him. "Thanking him for his hard work.. and maybe making a glass cube like that metal energy as a little surprise?" She added with a thoughtful rub of her chin.

Blinking at the other as he spoke and looked at her so seriously the redblood frowned at her twin. She didn't like it when he looked so serious like that. Her hand unconsciously touched her lusus the other still resting holding her brother's hand. "You know when you look so serious like that... I feel like you have bad news for me!" She laughed until he didn't laugh with her. Oh. He meant it

"Okay... I will listen what's on your mind brother?" Connie asked as her eyes swept over him, studying the other

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:26 pm
Dillys wasn’t really sure how to tell her but it needed to get done. This had been a hard decision, one that he was flip-flopping over for a while until see everything play out here. The red blood took his twin's hand, “Connie, you know I love and care about you more than anything in Alternia...” he started, half way to chickening out. NO! He had to do this, he had to tell her! He couldn’t just leave her without telling her. She’d worry and look for him! Dillys took in a deep breath before exhaling, ”I’ve decided to join the military.” He told her, not giving her time to reply, “And... I’m going alone.” He finished, looking to her.

“I want you to be safe so you can’t join with me... this is something I need to do.. it’s my dream, not yours.” He frowned sadly, “I know you won’t be happy with my decision but I am doing this to protect you..” He told her, hoping she’d understand... wondering how she really would react. Connie wasn’t hot headed like him but she could certainly her angry if she wanted, he hoped that wasn’t the case.

Hobo Pixi

Divine Demigod

17,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tipsy 100

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:38 pm
Connie looked at him her as she waited for him to explain himself. Whatever was on his mind it had to be serious... He looked like he had a huge weight on his shoulders. Her mind raced over what it could be. What came next took her by surprise. "I love you too.. you're my brother." She added quietly as a frown lined her lips. His words hit her hard. "You...are?" Connie knew he had dreams of military aspirations. It was something the other was passionate about.

"W..wait alone? You...are asking me not to join aren't you." She looked confused. They had always done things together. The idea of their paths splitting made her head spin. "I don't want you to go alone.." She protested shaking her head. Connie wasn't angry but she was worried. What would happen to him? What half-empty do with a half empty hive and a shop full of orders potentially to fill. She felt tears p***k at her lookstubs. However, Connie didn't want him to feel bad. She had been, and always would be proud of her twin. "You are so brave...I am proud of you. B..but I know I never wanted to be in the military. D..does that..What if I don't see you again?! I...I can run the shop but it's always been our thing." She squeezed his hand before looking down at her boots. Connie didn't know what to do. She had avoided thinking about this kind of stuff.

It was obvious her twin had been however. They both were growing up, it sucked coming to terms with it.

"Your mind is made up.. isn't it? I know you want to protect me. That has all you've ever done since we came out of our egg."
She smiled hesitantly, finally looking him in the eyes despite her not wanting to let him go.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:42 pm
Dillys felt his pumpbiscuit clench as he saw Connie’s tears. He leaned in to wipe them away. “Yes, alone. With the beetles from the shop and what we got here... I think it would be a great time for you to discover what it is you want to do... what you aspire to be.” He told her, “that doesn’t mean you have to run the shop anymore. You can travel or even change the shop to whatever you’d like.... “ he gave her a sad smile, “My mind is made up... there is no higher honor than being able to protect those in Alternia... to protect you, Connie.” He pulled a pouch of beetles from his bag and placed it into her hands.

“I will visit you whenever I can.. and I will write you often... I promise.” The red blood meant it, he’d miss the hell out of his twin but it wasn’t right to allow her to never fulfill her dreams so he could keep her close. “I want you to find something that you are very passionate about and just go for it... okay?” He told her, smiling a bit wider, “nothing too dangerous, okay?” He chuckled.

Hobo Pixi

Divine Demigod

17,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tipsy 100

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:53 pm
Connie smiled despite the tears. Dillys was always so headstrong she admired her hot-headed sibling. Sniffing softly she stood before him trying to stay positive. They both didn't need her throwing a tantrum. It wouldn't solve anything, besides, make them both feel awful. The weight of growing older had never been so real. She always knew it was possible, she had always thought she had more time. Sighing she looked at him seriously. "Oh, Dilly..." She murmured softly as she lifted her chin up.

"You know what? I love what I do. Making art for trolls is something I really enjoy...but maybe I'll go travel for a bit. I've always wanted to see different cities. Maybe I'll find some workshops to improve my craft. The shop could also use an update once I get back hm.." She laughed softly despite the heavyweight in her pump biscuit. Connie didn't want him to go away, but she would not be selfish and force him to let go of his dreams any more than he would do that to her.

It was going to be okay. Just like it had turned out okay for the adult tealblood they would figure it out.

As he gave her that pouch of beetles the weight of the currency made her feel entirely like this was more real. "You need them too...!" She knew he likely had more, he was just making sure she had enough like always. Connie looked from the beetles to her twin as she rushed forward and hugged him tightly. Connie tried not to cry on his shoulder, but she did finally find the courage to let go of him and step back just out of arms reach. "You had better come see me..and write me. Otherwise, I will hunt you down Dillys Silvio! Mark my words." She smiled wide, her innocent smile had a gleam of interest in her grey eyes. Connie even playfully batted her eyelashes just to let him know how serious she was. "We need to go write our letter to Vostok... you don't get to run off yet Mr. Military troll." She rubbed her marked cheek that mirrored his.

"Also..I will try and stay out of trouble for now." She teased, trying to cheer them both up from the serious moment. "You better not doing anything too crazy.. or I'll find you and drag you back home." She added with a wag of her finger directed at him.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:58 pm
Dillys was happy that his twin troll reacted well. This wasn't exacly a decision she could change anyways so it was good to see her come to terms with it. The red blood smiled to Connie, listening to get muse off ideas about what she might do. "I think it would be really good for you to travel... Just go with a friend, okay? It's dangeous to travel alone." He reminded her, already worried out of his mind for his sister. He sighed some, rubbing his neck. This was going to be a huge change for both of them. Dillys had never really spent any time with out his twin before. He would be lying though if he said he wasn't happy that she wanted to keep the shop going... after all, their shop was their baby. They built their workhouse... their shack from the ground up and had worked their butts off at Super Star Authority to get themselves out there... They bought a shop in the city and business was really booming. It was relieving to hear that Connie had every intention to keep it, fix it up and update it even. Connie's enthusiasm was always amazing and she could find the positive in any situation... He was really going to miss that.

"I have more beetles that I have been tucking away." Dillys promised her, "I will send you some beetles when I get paid, okay? And don't push yourself too much in the shop.. Hire help if you need, okay?" Yep. There is was. The worry that had kept him from making this decision earlier. However, they were older now.. growing up. Connie can handle herself..... right? The redblood's pumpbiscuit thudded painfully in his chest. Then Connie hugged him tightly. The redblood twin smiled softly, hugging his sister back. "I will come see you... and write you, I promise." He reminded her again. "I am not even planning on leaving for another few weeks so I will make sure to spend extra time with you, sound good?" He asked as her kicked at the dirt.

He looked up to Connie as she reminded him that they still had a letter to write. Writing. Not this redblood's strong suit, though he'd try his best since he did feel really awful about what happened with Vostok. Lost in thought, he barely heard his twin's threat. He chuckled, "Okay okay. I will be good." He told her, taking her hand to go find some paper and a pen so they could start on their letter.

Sitting with Connie, Dillys tapped then pen on the table. "I was thinking we could start it off like... Dear Vostok, I am happy to see that you did the right thing despite what the child teal blood had said to you. We are sorry about what she said to you. Connie and I were unaware of her intentions and feel awful about what happened." He read off to Connie. "What do you think? What should come next?" He asked her curiously as he nibbled at his bottom lip. Good thing his red blooded twin was good at this kind of stuff.

Hivestuck
!

Hobo Pixi

Divine Demigod

17,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tipsy 100

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:02 pm
Connie was still somewhat sad to learn her brother's plans. If she had it her way they would always stick together...but they had to figure out what they wanted out of life. Their lusus wouldn't have it any other way. They had raised them to be proud lowbloods who knew their place in life...and they had excelled as best as they could! All their hard work had paid off, it wasn't just childish dreams and ideas anymore. They were the twins reality to explore what they wanted out of life...something she was extraordinarily grateful for.

Connie felt at ease as he told her they would have more time together even if it was just a few short weeks. It gave her time to get affairs in order for her traveling. Her brother's concern and protection would be hard to not have... He was her voice of reason and caution.

"Okay... as long as you have Beetles to fall back on." She relented adding them to her bag to bring back home. "You don't have to!" She laughed as the girl shook her head. "Knowing you... you will anyway." She pursed her lips some. "If I need help I will hire. I will be ok." When he hugged her back she really knew it would be fine. Plus! They would keep in contact.

"I'll help write it, we will get it done together." Bouncing alongside him they soon found a bench to write it. Listening to him her legs swung back and forth.

"Well...what about...We wanted to make sure you knew just how grateful we are for all your hard work Dr. Vostok Verier. You have faced many trials and tribulations.. but the fact you were able to demonstrate your true intentions I couldn't thank you enough. Who knows how many lives you saved! I believe you are a true hero...no matter where you are or go." Connie tapped her pen to her chin.

"I am again truly sorry for all that happened, and I hope this letter sees you well Sir..." Connie scribbled their symbol down as she rests her chin on her palm as she helped him brainstorm their letters rough draft. It was a nice way to kill time with her twin, it was going to a good cause she figured.

Hivestuck
growth finished!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:04 pm
Cynril did what he could to follow the Cruel Aid Droid. He pushed himself to catch it, he needed to show everyone what he was actually capable off-- he needed to show Forera what he was capable of, that he had been helping all along while she had thought the opposite. It pissed him off how his legs faltered as he ran. The droid had jumped over the fence? He'd do it as well. He wasn't letting the opportunity slide, even if it was headed into the wood. The mutantblood gulped as he tried to go over the fence and failed. The mutantblooded child huffed and puffed and tried once more. It didn't work.

No matter how he tried pulling himself upwards, climb or lift his own weight, Cynril simply couldn't go over the fence. "UGH! F-F... FUDGECICLES STICKS!" He yelled as he thrashed and kicked the fence repeatedly. "Mother fricking fracker FENCE!" Tears threatened to streamed down his dirty cheeks as he let out all of his frustration and anger out until he was totally exhausted. His lip quivered when he wiped his eyes. This had been so stupid, he had been so STUPID! Tonight sucked. Cynril was just a pathetic sight... "Look at me. Look at - look at stupid Cynnie. Too dumb t-to help, and-and-and freak Cynnie, too useless for construction work and-and-and teamwork!" He sobbed. "And-and my job tonight? What Akko told me to do... I was bored to tears even before the hour that wouldn't end. And the only troll that I can blame this on is... me..."

"It's my fault." Whimpering, Cynril's shoulder's slumped down as he leaned against the fence. "Momma will cull me because I didn't do a-anythin'..." What to do? What could he possibly do about the situation? He wanted to cry, but when had that helped him? Byakko would surely be disappointed with him if she saw him that way, crying, sobbing, pleading... She surely would never trust him on another mission like this again.

What about the trolls he had worked with? "Oh..." Cynril started to feel queasy. Sonnie surely hated him-- Wander definitely hated him for biting the greenblood's hand. What about Poeias, or Vremea, or anyone else really... They hated him, right? When he had arrived the swamp for the first time, he felt so out of place. Time passed by, and the feeling lessened while he met new trolls who took him in. He learned new things like writing and reading.. And even if he still needed to practice, the mutantblooded child managed to learn the basics. At first he was ashamed of the little progress he had made whenever he compared himself to the other children living in the swamp. If he had been found reading or doing taught skills on his own, he had been afraid he'd offend those who taught him in the first place. When he learnt his morail got culled, Cynril had felt himself to be alone, and he was still, because he knew that no one would ever understand what he went thorugh, no one understood why he was such a late bloomer. Once upon a time, he lived underground in Civisect City, breaking and entering with what could have been the only troll that would have understood. Now the things, and the troll he cherished no longer. It was a time where everything was could be discovered, and everything was possible. A stick could be a sword, a pebble could be a diamond, a beetle, a tree, a castle... Now all of that was gone. Forever.

He missed the way he took pleasure in small things, even as greater things crumbled. Cynril could not control the world he was in, could not walk away from things or trolls or moments that hurt. "B-but I took joy in the things that made me happy.” Cynril tried his best to zone out, like he used to do. He closed his eyes and tried quieting down his negative thoughts. He thought he heard his name, which made his eyes snap open. He looked and looked, only to see his imaginary lusus...

"Jerem!" Where had he gone all this time?

The mutant pouted, crossing his arms. He almost didn't feel like talking to them. However... “Don't you find it w-weird," he started, twitching his sniffnode sourly. "that when you're a k-kid, everyone, wants you to follow your dreams and what you w-wanna do. But when you're older, somehow they act offended if you even try.” Forera made that really clear.

Whatever. She couldn't tell him what to do.

'But Cynril...'

"No!" He protested. "Y'k-know how bad I've f-felt? I-I couldn't do anythin' with everyone breathing down my back!" Because adults thought children have to grow up, they enforce and make a child's purpose to grow up. He didn't want to. Has anyone stopped to think, geez was the child happy while he lived? Was Cynril happy? That was a proper question, the only question he had in mind. If the adults couldn't arrange their own happiness, it was a conceit beyond vulgarity to arrange the happiness of those who came after them.

The imaginary lusus remained silent, looking at the mutant child with a smile plastered on his face. Listening to his rants patiently. "Jerem, y-you should have seen me on my own, wh-while I followed the droid! I-I climbed a high place! I-I came done without hurting myself!" A smile slowly crept to his lips as he spoke. He really did that on his own, as well as collect materials in a group.

"I did it all without anyone's help!! I, I don't need anyone to tell me what to do, b-because I can do it on my own!" He could make his own decisions. He has achieved success, a lot of it if he thought about it. That wasn't the first time he had smuggled materials, he had helped during the space tower in Civisect. "I, I just need to train! And-and-and practice more and more until I can show them all how good I am!"

'We can do it together Cynnie.' The imaginary lusus said.

Cynril's smile faltered. "Jerem. I can do it myself. I..." He stood up confidently. "I-I don't need you anymore, Jerem."

He didn't need him to achieve greatness anymore. Tonight was just the beginning, tomorrow would bring a new set of opportunities for him to act on.

"G... Goodbye."

Hivestuck

ImaginationsParadise

Alien Garbage

21,050 Points
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
Historical & Archived Events

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff