Welcome to Gaia! ::

[CLOSED work]

Back to Guilds

closed 

Tags: Fantasy, Magic, Roleplay, Literate, Semi-Literate 

Reply Grand Academy of Eoana ➣Academy Facilities
Conservatory Wing ➣Greenhouse [Botany Classroom] Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The_littlest_dragonfly
Vice Captain

Beloved Guildswoman

10,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:30 pm

User Image

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕲𝖗𝖊𝖊𝖓𝖍𝖔𝖚𝖘𝖊

The academy's greenhouse is a couple of large connected structures that boasts an incredibly large variety of plants from all over Eoana. It also hosts Botany classes and is maintained by the Botany professor. It is kept locked when it isn't used for class and when the professor is not present although students can access it with permission.

Botany Professor - Marisenn Faye

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:42 pm
User Image

User Image
                                              Despite the complaints of her cowrokers, Marisenn loved the first day of classes. She loved teaching as a whole and today was the best time to make a good impression on her students. The new ones at least, the older students had already survived under her before. Their reactions to her 'jokes' would be funny, that never got old. Mari couldn't wait.

She was waiting in the greenhouse that had been graciously converted into her classroom, watering one of her wisterias that she noticed was looking rather glum. The place was incredibly spacious, bright and airy and if she love her home already, Marisenn would willingly spend most of her days, even more than she already did. Students generally liked this place and it made for a wonderful teaching atmosphere. She stroked its leaves gently, almost crooning as she did. Others might consider it strange, but Marisenn learned that plants, like other creatures, were remarkable receptive to encouragement and care. It was just one thing that she found fascinating about them, and hopefully, her students would find even more reasons.

WHERE her greenhouse tab tab tab WITH no one yet tab tab tab FEELING serene

OOC xxx

river rocker

Pixelaited_Flooftronic

Marshmallow Pouf

oyehh

Feral Fairy

24,500 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150

oyehh

Feral Fairy

24,500 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:14 pm
User Image

User Image
                                              She would never admit it under pain of death, but Julia did enjoy botany and she probably would have taken it anyway, even without Marisenn giving her the side-eye when she was filling the form. It was interesting, especially the more poisonous plants, and after growing up in Marisenn’s house with her own personal garden and greenhouse, she found quite easy. She suspected that her guardian wasn’t fooled by her exaggerated complaints if the irritatingly knowing smile she always sent her in this class meant anything.

Spying into the greenhouse, Julia could see her guardian watering some of her plants as she waited and she smirked. She looked entirely too peaceful and Julia couldn’t let this opportunity go to waste. Trying make as little noise as possible, she entered the greenhouse, placing most of her things at her workbench before attempting to sneak behind the professor. "So, what boring plants will we study this year, " she called out when she was close enough, hoping to startle her. But Marisenn didn’t even flinch, instead pausing to look at her. ”You’ll see, it’s not fun to ruin the surprise,” she smirked before turning back to her plant. ”Take a seat, can’t have you trying to sneak around. Your classmates might think you’re up to something.“

”You could have pretended to be surprised,“ Julia grumbled before taking her seat, pouting slightly. Marisenn knew how to take the fun out of things.

WHERE greenhouse tab tab tab WHO Marisenn tab tab tab FEELING annoyed

OOC xxx

username

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:50 am
User Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

XOXOX
OXOXO
XOXOX

┏━━━━✦✧☪❦✧✦━━━━┓

I'm not late this time Aithne thought to herself, letting out a soft breath of relief as she approached the Biology classroom. She hadn’t quite finished her homework yet, she had yet to spend time in the Library. But right now it was time for Biology, and after her small fiasco in the Tenebraer classroom yesterday, getting to class at a reasonable time was a relief. As she approached the greenhouse it sounded like there was someone there. She assumed it was her professor, and after a small moment of nervousness she entered the class. To her surprise she noticed two things. The first was that the greenhouse was beautiful. She loved the sight of the plants and the smells that they emanate. She’d never really had a chance to garden before or tend to plants, though she was familiar with nature itself. She had spent many a night living off of it or sleeping in it. She had attuned herself to a certain comfort with it. But this was the first time she had seen so many different types of plants in one place. And she was certain that this wasn’t all that it had to offer. Nevermind the sheer scale of the greenhouse itself. It was amazing.

The next that she noticed were two things, that there were two people inside the greenhouse with her. One of which she guessed was her professor. Aithne wasn’t one to judge a book by it's cover. Heaven knows that she didn’t match her cover. But she certainly did look the type to be in the position that she was in. Peaceful, and knowledgeable, but also how she dressed and carried herself. She seemed to have confidence with her plants. She was excited to learn more… But also that to her surprise, another Tenebraer was in the class with her. She recognized this girl, she was the veteran, the one that had done their paper before. Juliana. That was her name.. “Hello, professor… It’s nice to see you again too, Juliana” She said with a faint smile to the girl. It did bring her a certain level of joy, to know that another Tenebraer was in this class with her. She was worried that she may be an outcast here too, and was fully prepared to be… Granted, she may be regardless, but she felt more optimistic about her chances here. She didn't want to introduce herself to her professor yet. After all, she had no idea if that would be jumping the gun. And so she decided to stay quiet for a moment. She didn’t want to be overly familiar, either.. After all, they were presently the only two students in the classroom. And so she took a seat about two down from Juliana. Not wanting to pose a bother to her.
Talking - #67E6EC / Thinking - #CD5C5C

┗━━━━✦✧☪❦✧✦━━━━┛

Where - ♫ In the Greenhouse . ╌ ╍ Company - ♫ Juliana and Marisenn ╌ ╍ Feels - ♫ Happy, if a bit nervous. Excited. ╌ ╍ Outfit: ♫♫♫ ╌ ╍ OoC: ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ ♭

river rocker

Pixelaited_Flooftronic

oyehh

Marshmallow Pouf

Kawaii Streaker

8,275 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Powerful Legion 100
  • Comrades in Arms 150

Pixelaited_Flooftronic

Sparkly Cupcake

10,925 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Fearsome 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:41 am
User ImageUser Image

MOOD ▬ ❝ Nervous but composed LOCATION ▬ ❝ Botany Classroom COMPANY ▬ ❝ --

Entering the Botany class Tay knew she was late.
                        Yet she could not help gathering cuttings of the wildflowers she had passed on her walk to the class, entering the class that was a wonderous array of plants in bloom and rows upon books she was in awe. It was like walking into a shrine, never had she seen so many thriving plants, in Trendel it was a land where war had still left many scars upon their soils and so most places she frequented there was rather sparse in plantation and forestation. " E-excuse me has the lesson started? my name is Taenya Lathir, I have some cuttings of some wildflowers with me I thought they would make great gifts, especially when they aid with healing and pain reduction " Tay would give a tender smile and sat herself down on a bench placing the cuttings in front of her as she would bring forth a book on botany and look for their know properties.

Out Of Catchprases

river rocker

Marshmallow Pouf

oyehh

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:19 pm
    User Image

User Image
                                                Marisenn chuckled as Juliana went sulking back to bench, returning her attention to her wisterias. It didn't take long for more students to arrive, beginning with a first year, a Tenebraer if Marisenn remembered clearly. No wonder Julia seemed bubblier. "Hello," she smiled at the new girl, taking in her odd eyes. "I don't think I've caught your name."

"Hey Aithne!" Julia called out, waving cheerfully. "You're taking botany too?" she asked in an exaggerated pitying voice. Marisenn rolled her eyes at her ward's antics before noticing another entering the greenhouse. "It hasn't started yet, Taenya, don't worry. I wouldn't start without most of my cute students," she smiled, looking at the cuttings the girl brought. She recognised them, they were common around here, and was impressed by her choices in plants. "Normally, I'd prefer my plants alive, but these would do wonderfully as gifts. Not for anyone special?" she winked at Taenya. She was only teasing, most of her students should be used to her.

"Now," she started when everyone filtered in, putting her watering can down and moving to the front of the class gracefully. "We'll be looking at elderberries and their different uses." She waved her hand at the round shrub with shiny black berries that she'd left near out front for demonstration purposes earlier. "Have you seen these beauties before, or know anything about them?"

WHERE her greenhouse tab tab tab WITH her students tab tab tab FEELING serene

OOC xxx

Pixelaited_Flooftronic

Marshmallow Pouf

oyehh

Feral Fairy

24,500 Points
    • Rat Conqueror 500
    • Candy Fiend 150

Pixelaited_Flooftronic

Sparkly Cupcake

10,925 Points
    • Conversationalist 100
    PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:08 am
    User ImageUser Image

Tay shook her head shyly at the professor.
                          " N- no one special... I don't have anyone special to dote on like that, though id like for it to happen, my studies come first and I doubt there's a man out there that would find me the least bit interesting" Tay laughed lightly. Tay had taken the question seriously but was focused on the lesson and begun reciting the uses by heart " elderberries have great uses for dying tweed, but also can heal an array of ailments including Flu, Colds and constipation, as a medicine made into a syrup the berries can cure sinus issues, nerve pain, inflammation, chronic fatigue and an array of allergies" she beamed softly " it is also made into a delicious wine for those who may partake in alcohol" Tay sat down twirling a strand of her hair out of nervous habit.

Out Of Catchprases

river rocker

Marshmallow Pouf

oyehh

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:26 pm
      User Image

User Image
                                                  The weather wasn't quite as lovely as she'd hoped, but Marisenn didn't let that deter her. It was habit for her to wake up early to check up on her greenhouse, even during her off days, and she hadn't let the weather stop her before so wy should she start now? She'd be sheltered from the elements anyway.

After tending to the plants in her house first, she took stock of her supplies, noting that she was low on compost before leaving for the academy. Despite it being a holiday, the city streets were almost empty excepting the merchants setting up their stall, which she attributed to the early hour. For a moment, Marisenn felt a pang, she missed having Julia living with her instead of the dorm, even if the girl could sleep through an earthquake as long as it was early, but she shook it off quickly. After raising and teaching the girl for a significant part of her life, it was hard to have the home alone to herself, even after three years, but she needed to get used to it.

After checking in at the Academy and making a quick stop at her office, Marisenn headed for her greenhouse, entering through the back to make sure everything was in order. They were running low on tiger lily and hyacinth seeds, she'd have to buy them along with compost and a few gloves; she'd stop by the market on her way back home. Satisfied that everything else was in order, she pulled on her gloves and took her watering can and shears to start working.

WHERE her greenhouse tab tab tab WITH no one tab tab tab FEELING serene

OOC xxx

Pixelaited_Flooftronicx

oyehh

Feral Fairy

24,500 Points
      • Rat Conqueror 500
      • Candy Fiend 150

Pixelaited_Flooftronic

Sparkly Cupcake

10,925 Points
      • Conversationalist 100
      PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:52 pm
      User ImageUser Image

Tay had used the greenhouse for the majority of the night. The sweet scents of the plants having relaxed her to write up her work ready for the following day, falling asleep among books and exotic plants she awoke later to the sounds of water trickling from a watering can,
                            " M-morning Professor" she spoke shyly, the professor's radiant green eyes bewitching her with beauty as a soft yawn escaped the delicate form of Tay,
                            " it appears that I fell asleep in here"

Out Of Catchprases

oyehh

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:22 pm
        User Image

User Image
                                                    Hearing a shy voice greeting her good morning, Marisenn startled and turned around to see the rumpled and tired form of her student, Taenya, looking for all purposes as if she'd never left. "Miss Lathir," she cried out in surprise before collecting herself. She put down her watering can and shears and moved towards her student. She looked over the tired form of her student with barely concealed worry as the girl yawned. "Have you been here all night?" Internally, her mind churned at double speed. She didn't lock the greenhouse doors in case people needed it, but she couldn't have her students exhausting themselves and sleeping in the greenhouse, while a nice prospect, wasn't a good idea, especially since there weren't any beds in there. "Why aren't you in your bed?"

WHERE her greenhouse tab tab tab WITH Taenya tab tab tab FEELING worried

OOC You've quoted other people in your post, you might want to remove them ^^

Pixelaited_Flooftronic

oyehh

Feral Fairy

24,500 Points
        • Rat Conqueror 500
        • Candy Fiend 150

Pixelaited_Flooftronic

Sparkly Cupcake

10,925 Points
        • Conversationalist 100
        PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:18 am
        User ImageUser Image

MOOD ▬ ❝ Nervous but composed LOCATION ▬ ❝ Botany Classroom COMPANY ▬ ❝ Marisenn

The concerned and surprised Marisenn caused Tay to jump a little.
                              Dusting herself off and collecting the books she had read before passing out asleep, Tay watched as Marisenn collected herself,
                              as she was asked if she had been here all night she nodded a yes. As Marisenn darted towards her with a graceful speed and concern, Tay somewhat flinched but as Marisenn's worry seemed to intensify Tay cheeks seemed to redden with newfound embarrassment " Yes professor I was up all night studying, the greenhouse seemed a perfect place to study, it is so serene here I felt relaxed...uhm maybe too relaxed... for before I knew it I had fallen asleep" Tay gave a tender giggle attempting to lessen the awkwardness of her actions " maybe next time I should bring a sleeping mat" she joked. Tay looked away in fear that Marisenn's eyes might very pierce into her soul or even her mind, either way, she was intimidated by her beauty.

" I should be in bed I suppose, it won't happen again" Tay gave a respectful bow that she had learnt in growing up in her humble beginnings, Tay believed that such a radiant, knowledgeable and caring woman deserved such respect. Tays gentle nature saw the best in everyone even those that wished to lower her self-esteem Tay wondered if she would ever make friends, although there was one acquaintance she did wonder how they were doing, and that was Azure hopefully his hands had been given time to heal before he did something reckless, with a sigh her attention returned to the professor in front of her " can I help you in any way, Professor? I have inconvenienced you"

Out Of Catchprases

oyehh

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:32 pm
          User Image

User Image
                                                      Seeing Taenya nod in reply, Marisenn withheld a sigh, the girl seemed embarassed enough as it was, there was no need to make it worse. "I agree, the greenhouse is a wonderful and peaceful place, but do be careful Miss Lathir, it could be dangerous. I don't usually lock the doors and I don't want to have to start doing so." Seeing the girl look away awkwardly, Marisenn softened slightly. "But you do have a point, maybe I should bring in a couple of cushions, make it more comfortable for class. Maybe you students will like me more?" she teased, a light smirk on her face.

Taenya then bowed, something Marisenn raised an eyebrow at; that didn't usually happen, not that she didn't appreciate it before asking if she needed any help. Marisenn smiled at her before turning to pick up her shears. "You haven't inconvenienced me, not really, but I wouldn't mind the help, I noticed you have a good hand at managing plants." She looked back at Taenya, holding out the shears handle first. "My lilacs haven't been at their best health lately, do you mind pruning them and removing the dead branches? I daresay they might bloom again under your touch." They were only a few steps away from the plants she was watering and Marisenn appreciated the company, especially that of someone who was clearly enthusiastic about botany as well.

WHERE her greenhouse tab tab tab WITH Taenya tab tab tab FEELING serene

OOC xxx

Pixelaited_Flooftronic

oyehh

Feral Fairy

24,500 Points
          • Rat Conqueror 500
          • Candy Fiend 150

Pixelaited_Flooftronic

Sparkly Cupcake

10,925 Points
          • Conversationalist 100
          PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:16 am
          User ImageUser Image

MOOD ▬ ❝ Nervous but composed LOCATION ▬ ❝ Botany Classroom COMPANY ▬ ❝ Marisenn

Tay watched at Marisenn withheld a sigh. Her eyes looked again to her from staring at the ground accepting her lecture of good will and concern as she gave a smile " yes Professor, though with or without cushions I believe people like you anyway" Tay gave a soft laugh loosening up from her embarrassment to accept the shears from the Professor as she looked at the lilacs and touched the soil, looking back to the professor she spoke " I feel overwhelmed by your faith in me, it is only from agriculture that I have learnt these skills, it is a requirement to maintain the crops in Trendel else there would not be enough food for winter, but I'll certainly help" she explained and then checked the plant again.
                                " The lilacs need less water than most plants, just keep them moist... that might help with them blooming..." she said tending the plant as she carefully pruned it making sure to be gentle with the plant as if she was trimming its nails as she removed the dead and diseased branches from the plant, as she continued with the plant it helped to clear her troubles away, the scents of the plants had a relaxing aroma that appeared to clear the negativity from her mind " I hope I can nurse them to good health I like to be able to aid and help others"

Out Of Catchprases

oyehh

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:01 pm
            User Image

User Image
                                                        Marisenn let out a short laugh at her student's response. Her students were adorable. "Are you trying to charm me Miss Lathir? Consider me flattered," she winked. Flustering her students was now nearly second nature to her, and their various reactions were always amusing. Tay accepted the shears, explaining why she was so good with plants and Marisenn hummed. It must have been rough, but I'm sure you'll take care of my lilacs." She'd never know what it might be like for Tay in Trendel, coming from a noble family in Valor, but that didn't mean she couldn't sympathise.

She watched as Tay carefully pruned the lilacs carefully, even as she watered her mandarins. She had a lot of skill that Marisenn was almost sure wasn't just because of her experience with agriculture. "I think you will, Miss Lathir," she said thoughtfully when the girl hoped that she'd be successful. The cogs in her mind started rolling even as she spoke. "I'm sure you will. You have a great deal of talent." Pausing to put down her watering can, she turned to face Tay fully, her demeanor more serious than it was a moment ago. This was about her greenhouse and Marisenn cared about it very much. "How would you like to help me with my precious plants once a week? I believe you have the passion and skill for it."

WHERE her greenhouse tab tab tab WITH Taenya tab tab tab FEELING serious

OOC xxx

Pixelaited_Flooftronic

oyehh

Feral Fairy

24,500 Points
            • Rat Conqueror 500
            • Candy Fiend 150

Pixelaited_Flooftronic

Sparkly Cupcake

10,925 Points
            • Conversationalist 100
            PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:05 pm
            User ImageUser Image

Tay listened to her professor laugh and chuckled herself.
                                  Marisenn was a down to earth professor, she also had a motherly air to her that made Tay feel a sense of belonging,
                                  her humming allowed Tay to concentrate and within a few careful snips had finished trimming her bush. Looking up from the Lilacs Tay " Oh no flattery needed it's just the way you teach...It was rough when my father died I had to take care of things myself, I still have occasional nightmares, if not for that hero I doubt I'd be here now, I was very much a child back then so I doubt he would remember me" spoke Tay reminiscing the past.
                                  As Marisenn paused with a serious look on her face, Tay looked concerned " T-talent uhm well thank you, Most certainly I will I have way too much time on my hands and I have not made all that many friends so something like this is just what I need"

Out Of Catchprases

oyehh

Grand Academy of Eoana ➣Academy Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
              Other Stuff
              Get GCash
              Offers
              Get Items
              More Items
              Where Everyone Hangs Out
              Other Community Areas