Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:38 pm
Catch the Morning Star

June's Monthly Background RP!

User Image

Opens: Now! Closes: July 14th @ 11:59 PM EST!
Reminder: If you won a Familiar the month of June you will not be eligible to win this pet.

With the coming of summer there has been a change in the Kawani Lands. A subtle shift that seemed at first coincidental, as if simply the result of the changing seasons. Yet there was something about it that was not... quite... normal. The summer storms came too quickly, and stayed a little too long. Almost as though something more than weather was brewing in the lands. When the rains came, they swept over the land in a great torrent, washing away the smallest of creatures, and including a particular mouse. This mouse had been engaged in a dance to welcome to Sun, and instead of being greeted in turn by its warmth, the mouse was quite suddenly flooded out of its house! Who can bring by the Sun?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:46 pm

Prompt: Has anyone in your herd ever experienced severe weather? How did they get through it? Did they think anyone was at fault for the change in weather?

When unnatural weather threatens Kawani Lands, what action will Soquili take to combat it, or to survive its grasp? There is undoubtedly a cause for the borderline monsoon that is currently wracking the Kawani Lands... but what is it? And how can they overcome it?

**Please note: If your prompt response meets the word count requirement for stats you can also link your post in the monthly stat thread and count it as RP for your pony.**

Note: Sorry, folks, this RP Raffle was opened too late for anyone's posts to qualify for June stats, but never fear! Posts that are sufficiently long can be used for July!

Prizes

This poor mus was washed right out of their house! Oh dear!

User Image

To enter: please post a current pre-existing RP (since April 2017) that is themed weather of any kind! Even just a mention of good or bad weather would be sufficient to count. Each entrant will get at least one ticket -- non-staffers get two tickets by default. If you do not have a RP, please post a response to the above prompt. You may enter as many times as you wish, but each entry must be with a different character and with a separate RP. RPs must be at least five posts long to be counted. RP prompt responses may be as short as two sentences! We're not asking for a novel. Once again, you cannot use the same RP for multiple Soquili!

Note: This will count for your June familiar freebie.

[size=18][color=deeppink][b]When it rains it pours![/b][/color][/size]

[size=11][b]Username:[/b] Your name, of course.
[b]Who are you entering with?[/b] Ideally a Soquili or familiar. If you have neither, please enter with a Kawani villager, etc.
[b]Link to the RP you're using:[/b] [url=]Text[/url], please give a brief description.
[b]Prompt response:[/b] If you do not have and do not wish to create a RP on this topic, please post a roleplay response here.
[/size]

When it rains it pours!

Username: Your name, of course.
Who are you entering with? Ideally a Soquili or familiar. If you have neither, please enter with a Kawani villager, etc.
Link to the RP you're using: Text, please give a brief description.
Prompt response: If you do not have and do not wish to create a RP on this topic, please post a roleplay response here.

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:47 pm
Saved just in case!  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:48 pm
List
Cali was here~

Page 1
  1. Jackariah Beckett
  2. Jackariah Beckett
  3. spelldancer
  4. AstoriaFallen
  5. AstoriaFallen
  6. LydaLynn
  7. LydaLynn
  8. LydaLynn
  9. LydaLynn
  10. LydaLynn
  11. LydaLynn
  12. Ryuukishin
  13. Rein_Carnation
  14. Rein_Carnation
  15. Tara de Draiocht
  16. Tara de Draiocht
  17. Calixita
    Page 2
    belloblossom [RP too old]
    belloblossom [RP too old]
    Nyx Queen of Darkness (Ineligible for June familiar freebie)
    Nyx Queen of Darkness (Ineligible for June familiar freebie)
  18. Kaya Wolf Moon
  19. Kaya Wolf Moon
  20. Strifeling
  21. ~Latonia de la Courtel~
  22. ~Latonia de la Courtel~
  23. Kara Asumie
  24. AislingJuno
  25. AislingJuno
  26. - Mynsed -
  27. - Mynsed -
  28. AislingJuno
  29. AislingJuno
  30. AislingJuno
  31. AislingJuno
    AislingJuno (Linked RP only 4 posts long; minimum requirement is 5)
    AislingJuno (Linked RP only 4 posts long; minimum requirement is 5)

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

Jackariah Beckett

Fluffy Firestarter

14,975 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:27 pm
When it rains it pours!

Username: Jackariah Beckett
Who are you entering with? Henrietta Fonn
Prompt response: Yetti is at the constant grasp of harsh weather. She lives near the top of a mountain, so she often finds herself in snow storms. Luckily she was born with a little extra fluff, and was given leg warmers by her parents when they worried over her. So she isn't too bad off. If ever it becomes too much for her to bare, she nuzzles up with the small yak herd.

If anyone can, Chanticleer can =D!!!!!!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:55 pm
When it rains it pours!

Username: spelldancer.
Who are you entering with? Imre
Link to the RP you're using: N/A
Prompt response: Well, there was this one time…Imre sighed up at the sky. He didn’t really want to remember the time as a child, when he was still at the mercy of the witch, yet when asked about disastrous weather, this was always the time he thought of. He hadn’t understood at the time that there was nothing that could have been done to cause it, or to mitigate it. But at the time he had been convinced that it was the magical doings of the witch, who had been called Mother back then.

It had been a nice wonderful and sunny day. Imre had gotten away from his family somehow and was romping around in a forest area, not looking where he was going. After tripping on something he knocked into an art piece of his mother’s, knocking it to the ground. In his attempts to find his footing, Imre ended up trampling the piece to, well, pieces. Horrified, Imre ran. he knew how touchy his mother was about her art work. How badly she would react. So he ran and tried to remove every scrap of evidence that it had been him. He even shrank himself down as tiny as he could go and soaked in the river. The freezing cold, not good for his wings, river. And it worked. He looked a frightening mess, but there was no evidence on him of his misadventure.

That only solved one problem though. She would still be irate when she found the trampled piece. And irate she was. She swore up and down the length of the forest that she would bring hell down on the one who had ruined her artwork. She raged for days creating new and terrifying pieces of art out of that rage. Imre shook every time that she looked at him. Then one day, she was just calm. Not angry, not anything but calm. It was like the eye of the storm though. For she had found something. A magical curse she said, that would allow her to curse the one that had destroyed her artwork even without her knowing who it was.

The curse required awful and terrible things that Imre felt better not thinking about. Then as the curse was completed, a thunderstorm began to form above them. The witch mother said it was clearly the retribution coming. And it felt it too. This was a storm of epic proportions, washing way many things, including more artwork, but she did not care. For it was retribution. Imre cowered in a cave as lightning struck at the trees outside. He was sure that it had been the spirits punishing him for hiding the truth. He begged them for forgiveness. Then as quickly as it had come the storm was gone. It was only years later that he realized there had been no curse. That what she had performed had no way of creating the thunderstorm and that circumstances and coincidence conspired together to tighten the poor foal.

spelldancer

Swashbuckling Fairy

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:53 pm
When it rains it pours!

Username: AstoriaFallen
Who are you entering with? Astraea
Link to the RP you're using: n/a
Prompt response: There was a time in which a really bad storm that hit and a friend and myself took refuge in a cave to keep safe. It was definitely a scary time since the mare I was guiding was blind and had been separated from her friends and family.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:55 pm
When it rains it pours!

Username: LydaLynn
Who are you entering with? Lihi Xiang
Link to the RP you're using: [PRP] Courage and Trust ( Nostalion | Lihi Xiang ), Winter is just breaking, snow is melting, and the couple are beginning a journey back to her home herd.
Prompt response: If you do not have and do not wish to create a RP on this topic, please post a roleplay response here.

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:04 pm
When it rains it pours!

Who are you entering with? Pele
Link to the RP you're using: Old RP, the full rp of the event described below.
Prompt response: I was in a storm. I don't really remember it, I was still in my basket, but I've been told. My basket was next to a river and rain came so hard it flooded the river and tore out the tree my basket was under and washed the tree and me down the river. My father, well . . . he adopted me, he saved me from the river and took me home.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:12 pm
When it rains it pours!

Who are you entering with? Auri
Link to the RP you're using: Long Version in Teepee, A write up of his backstory in his teepee.
Prompt response: When I was a basket there was a massive storm, my familiar, Tiger, told me about it. It's when I was separated from my sibling basket, I'm still searching for my brother or sister. I know my mother died in the storm.

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:31 pm
When it rains it pours!

Who are you entering with? Tirla
Link to the RP you're using: Old RP, the full rp of the event described below.
Prompt response: Oh, yes, I remember a time when the weather changed my life! It was a freezing rain that kept me from flying. I love to fly, you know, I always have, it's how I get everywhere, I hate being trapped on the ground.

But I couldn't fly in this so I landed to seek shelter. And then my life changed and I found being on the ground . . . well, it was worth it. I met Vatsa and he taught me that love is it's own kind of freedom.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:11 am
When it rains it pours!

Username: Ryuukishin
Who are you entering with? Mimsy Grum
Link to the RP you're using: N/A
Prompt response: Mimsy sighed in relief when he reached shelter from the storm. Even if his rump still faced the rain, it was better than his face at least.

"Excuse me," his large, newfound companion said. "Must you stand beneath me?"

Ryuukishin

Man-Hungry Fatcat

Rein_Carnation

Devoted Werewolf

18,175 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:31 am
When it rains it pours!

Username: Rein_Carnation
Who are you entering with? Cella Luna
Link to the RP you're using: N/a
Prompt response: When I was merely a growing foal my sister would tell me stories when the rains came. We'd take refuge within the caves or a thick cluster of trees shielding us from the weather. Naturally I was protective even as a filly wanting to battle the storms since was I indeed different from the others in the herd. That is when my mother Celendria stepped in warning of the storms that destroyed the land. Summer was always the hottest in all due honesty it brought continous pelting rain followed by the electricity in the sky. One night in particular the lighting was so fierce it cracked through trees setting a blaze any obstacle within its wicked path. That's when the sky opened up with massive rain and odd colors. We were cramped within that cave that night but I say it with my own eyes the etched line that formed out of thin air as the water rose over the land. I ponder if that is where the others like me came from that odd storm that sent the ancients to the quiet of the kawani lands.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:18 am
When it rains it pours!

Username: Tara de Draiocht
Who are you entering with? Helios Luce de Sole
Prompt response: Helios eyed the sky and recalled the saying 'Red sky at night sailors delight, red sky in the morning sailors warning'. Its funny how that say9ing made him recall a time when he, his siblings, and parents had nearly lost everything.
I was adolescent at the time of the great storm as my father liked to dubbed it. I recall bits and pieces of it to be honest. I know at one point near the beginning, lightning had struck our home which had caused a fire to the front of our home and we were trapped. Then the rain had come and put it out thankfully. Thankfully our little home held together as the rain fell down in sheets, the wind whipped the sides like rams headbutting each other, and the thunder booming through the silence. Then came the calm after the storm. The sun rose high in the sky chasing all dark clouds away and that had been my favourite part. I had been named after the sun as you may not know and it had been beautiful that day. It was a symbol that we had weathered the storm. That we had survived.

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:41 pm
When it rains it pours!

Username: Calixita
Who are you entering with? Cosima
Prompt response: Cosima's whole body shuddered as she took shelter from the rain, shaking out her wings as much as she could. The storm had come on faster than she'd expected, and now she was soaked down to the bone, shivering and water-logged. There was no way she was going to get back into the air anytime soon -- especially not with how long it took for her wings to dry. There was just -- so much rain, and the cave she was currently huddled in was damp and humid. Not much else to do now but wait for it to pass.

Archived

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff