Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands [IC]
[SRP] Welcome Home (Sunniva, Vilhelmas, Eldahildr)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ChaosTheories

Obsessive Streaker

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:18 am
User Image
User Image
User Image  
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:37 am
WC: 1,051

Sunniva and Vilhelmas were getting to know each other well. With Eldahildr out on her very first reaving, the thrall had felt... something. Left out? Jealous of her freedom? Certainly some of the latter. Sunniva seemed to sense this and set it upon herself to keep the thrall company while she was away. She liked the thrall and almost felt that he was family, in a way. He looked a lot like some of her siblings, anyway. It was a mystery that captivated her, anyway.

Vilhelmas, however, was not in quite the same mood. Sunniva's resemblance to him made his world feel full of betrayal. If he had family in the pride, why had he been raised as Eldahildr's thrall instead of a Freeborn? Why had he been judged to have less opportunity in the pride if he had siblings that had choices in the matter? He liked Sunniva well enough, but seeing her filled him with unpleasant emotions. He and Elda were great together, he couldn't deny that, and they had decided to raise a brood of cubs together. Life was good for him, but he was still a thrall. Still just a slave to the rest of the pride. And not everyone showed him the same respect Sunniva and Eldahildr did.

Sunniva and Vilhelmas were lounging in Eldahildr's den. Sunniva could tell Vilhelmas was brooding, so she got to her paws and gave him a smile. "Hey, isn't Elda supposed to be back today? Maybe we should go to the pride border and greet her."

Vilhelmas grunted, then thought about it. It did sound appealing to go meet her, even though he was feeling some hostility towards her. He grunted again and got up, allowing Sunniva to bounce forward and lead him there.

They travelled in silence. The pride was bustling and busy as usual, with thralls darting around for their masters while lions boasted about their exploits or swapped stories and goods. Sunniva was itching to join in with the crowd but she refrained, knowing that this was more important. She couldn't abandon Vilhelmas now, it wouldn't be right. She could see the tension in his body as he stepped stiffly across the earth.

They made it to an outcropping where many lions would settle to watch their partners come back from reavings. It used to be mostly females that visited the place, but there were more males now. Both thralls and beloved partners. Having a female warlord seemed to change some attitudes, while others certainly resisted any changes. But that was life as a Stormborn. Full of conflicts and contrasting opinions.

The pair waited a long time. The sun was low in the sky before the rumbling started, and the returning lions appeared. Cheers were shouted and roars were exchanged to greet those who had been on their First Raid. There would certainly be celebrations later, but Vilhelmas was more focused on seeing the black and flame pelt of Eldahildr. Sunniva was the first to spot her and stuck out a paw to point her out. Then they jumped down from the rocks to meet her.

Eldahildr was grinning, holding her prize in her jaws. A leather bag filled with... something? It was a mystery yet to be revealed. Sunniva greeted her by butting her head playfully against hers. "Aunt Elda! I'm happy to see you have returned safely. I brought Vilhelmas, too."

Vilhelmas stood back, a slight furrow in his brow. Eldahildr returned the look with a puzzled, and slightly angry, one of her own. They would be talking later, apparently. "Thank you, Sunniva. Let's go back to my den. I would like to take a break before the celebration."

Sunniva nodded and led the trio back to the den. Vilhelmas stayed silent behind them, and Eldahildr itched to see what was on his mind.

Once they reached the privacy of the den, Vilhelmas finally spoke. "So how did you enjoy your taste of freedom?" he said, narrowing his eyes into dangerous slits. "Was it all you imagined and more?"

"Is that what has you all hung up? That I left without you? Sheesh, Vilhelmas. Can you act like a whiny cub more?" Eldahildr rolled her eyes. Sunniva, expecting awkwardness, took the leather bag and set herself on discovering what was inside.

Vilhelmas' tail thrashed. "What happened to what you said, Elda? About fairness. About being free. Back when we were in the swamp."

Eldahildr sighed. "I have not forgotten what I said, even if you, apparently, are not giving me any credit for it." Sunniva, her muzzle in the bag, looked up. Oh, juicy gossip! Eldahildr got to her paws and paced in the den entrance. "I am trying to make a plan..."

"A plan? What, to keep me cooped up in here?" Vilhelmas snarled. Sunniva blinked; she had never seen that side to him before! He could be just as hostile as Eldahildr, apparently. When he looked at her, she ducked her head back into the bag.

"No, you idiot. To replace you! You've always said I was useless around the pride and you are right. I need a thrall. I wasn't just going to leave you stuck here, moron." Eldahildr's words were harsh but her eyes held a kind of softness that puzzled Sunniva.

"So I have to wait until you find my replacement. Great, how long will that take? Do you think you can just walk up to a stranger and ask them to come back to the pride and be your slave? I have been stuck here for years now. I will not apologize for my impatience."

"Fine, Vilhelmas, if you are going to be that way... you are free. A freeborn, so you can do whatever you want! Now get out of my sight. Argh!" Eldahildr roared out her frustration and then left herself, not bothering to wait for Vilhelmas to leave the den. Sunniva jumped and sent the contents of the bag - a variety of herbs - across the stone floor.

Vilhelmas stared after Eldahildr in silence, shock freezing him in place. Fighting was not unusual for them, but was he really, finally, free?

Sunniva coughed and started to pick up the spilled herbs, noticing a mint leaf and snatching it for herself. Things were certainly going to get interesting.  

ChaosTheories

Obsessive Streaker

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces