Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Tales Series Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for "Tales of..." Series fans to discuss these amazing games and more. 

Tags: tales of, tales series, videogame 

Reply The Tales Series Guild
Tales of Link Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Azura Cantarella
Captain

Winter Werewolf

40,250 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:34 pm
APH-Fem Canada-APH
Yes, it does prevent me from playing on the app. I really don't know what to do!

Hmm...have you tried to transfer data recently, and did you let the app have its latest update? What are you playing on, Android or iOS?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:52 pm
Azura Cantarella
APH-Fem Canada-APH
Yes, it does prevent me from playing on the app. I really don't know what to do!

Hmm...have you tried to transfer data recently, and did you let the app have its latest update? What are you playing on, Android or iOS?

I transfered my data but it didn't work. I have a Samsung Galaxy Whatever so it's an android. Honestly, I don't know why the verification failure is happening to me.  

APH-Fem Canada-APH

Lucky Lionheart

22,875 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Azura Cantarella
Captain

Winter Werewolf

40,250 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:07 pm
APH-Fem Canada-APH
Azura Cantarella
APH-Fem Canada-APH

I transfered my data but it didn't work. I have a Samsung Galaxy Whatever so it's an android. Honestly, I don't know why the verification failure is happening to me.

Ahhhhhhh. So this was a transfer by code, right?

Okay, I looked up on the Tales of Link subreddit to see if this happened to anyone else, and it looks like the general solution is to set your device's time and date to Auto Sync. Then restart it for good measure.

If that doesn't work, I think about the only thing you can do from there is contact their customer support on their Facebook page and ask if your account can be restored. They will need your user ID number (which is up there on the front page) for reference. They actually are pretty responsive, though.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:13 pm
Azura Cantarella
APH-Fem Canada-APH
Azura Cantarella
APH-Fem Canada-APH

Ahhhhhhh. So this was a transfer by code, right?

Okay, I looked up on the Tales of Link subreddit to see if this happened to anyone else, and it looks like the general solution is to set your device's time and date to Auto Sync. Then restart it for good measure.

If that doesn't work, I think about the only thing you can do from there is contact their customer support on their Facebook page and ask if your account can be restored. They will need your user ID number (which is up there on the front page) for reference. They actually are pretty responsive, though.

I actually did the auto date and time for my phone and now it works perfectly.  

APH-Fem Canada-APH

Lucky Lionheart

22,875 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Azura Cantarella
Captain

Winter Werewolf

40,250 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:29 am
So, a new chapter just dropped.

YOU GUYS.

SARA HAD SUCH A CROWNING MOMENT OF BADASS.

God I love her so much. 8D The buildup of facing Caesar was so much better than I thought it would be.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:06 pm
UGH! That "To The Distant End" level is killing me every single time! I need HALP!  

APH-Fem Canada-APH

Lucky Lionheart

22,875 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Evilweirdo 0

Questionable Pants

12,275 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:31 pm
I think my team might have been just a little too powerful for this last chapter! Still, those unavoidable triple-hits to LP and/or HP... Just enough to keep me from autoing normal battles.

How about that ending? I'm torn. If there's more story stuff after this, I want to see it. However, I also want to
let them keep that happy ending they just earned.
Aah!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:59 am
APH-Fem Canada-APH
UGH! That "To The Distant End" level is killing me every single time! I need HALP!

It's the poison, isn't it. In which case, the only thing that can really help is equipping to all your units those status ailment-prevention ribbons you earn from Soul Arena. That'll help you survive longer, at least.

Evilweirdo 0
How about that ending? I'm torn. If there's more story stuff after this, I want to see it. However, I also want to
let them keep that happy ending they just earned.
Aah!

Well, as we've all seen by now...Global version can at least keep it to that. Final chapter released, and now the game's closing down.

You guys, I'm legitimately heartbroken and down in the dumps by this. crying

Azura Cantarella
Captain

Winter Werewolf

40,250 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Advent Attendee 50

Evilweirdo 0

Questionable Pants

12,275 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:05 pm
APH-Fem Canada-APH

If it's the poison that's getting you, do you have a Guardian that can block it? I had a 100% Poison block (Atwight, I think) one that wasn't too hard to get. It's just slightly tedious wading through all of those Hero Points and guardian summon tickets.

Azura Cantarella
Well, as we've all seen by now...Global version can at least keep it to that. Final chapter released, and now the game's closing down.

You guys, I'm legitimately heartbroken and down in the dumps by this. crying

When I started this game, I never thought I'd be so sad to see it go. One Tales-style twist later, here we are. Curse this digital-heavy economy.

People are archiving the story chapters, fortunately. Here's a Tumblr one in progress. There's also a mostly-complete one on YouTube. No word on the complete OST yet, from what I've heard, which is a shame; the final chapters had some rockin' stuff.

I've also heard rumblings of a Link story archive (probably a summary, but there's some speculation that it's more detailed) in Tales of the Rays. There's also Sara to look forward to; I'll be saving my gems for her stuff unless there's another Jade banner or something compelling.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:28 pm
Evilweirdo 0

I've heard those rumblings as well. I lurk the subreddits and post occasionally, I'm sure you can already guess my username there. wink

Yeah, I found those archives too. I'm glad the story won't entirely be lost to the wind. But it's still heartbreaking that it's all gonna end! We didn't even get Kratos and Jade's Mystic Artes! There are still a handful of my favorite characters' variants that haven't been released in Global yet! I'm especially sad I'll never get this sweet formal Jade and painfully cute jammies Colette!

And most of all, it seems Global's never gonna get the second arc! A notice in JP version says they're releasing the final chapter for that too...

Man, I just wish Tales of Link could get a "console edition" or something. I mean, the story translated into mothership Tales gameplay. I think it'd have to be slightly retconned to remove the Stonecanting aspect (it just feels like the concept wouldn't fit anywhere in normal Tales gameplay), but I'd still take it.

Azura Cantarella
Captain

Winter Werewolf

40,250 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Advent Attendee 50

Evilweirdo 0

Questionable Pants

12,275 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:21 am
Azura Cantarella
Evilweirdo 0

I've heard those rumblings as well. I lurk the subreddits and post occasionally, I'm sure you can already guess my username there. wink

Yeah, I found those archives too. I'm glad the story won't entirely be lost to the wind. But it's still heartbreaking that it's all gonna end! We didn't even get Kratos and Jade's Mystic Artes! There are still a handful of my favorite characters' variants that haven't been released in Global yet! I'm especially sad I'll never get this sweet formal Jade and painfully cute jammies Colette!

And most of all, it seems Global's never gonna get the second arc! A notice in JP version says they're releasing the final chapter for that too...

Man, I just wish Tales of Link could get a "console edition" or something. I mean, the story translated into mothership Tales gameplay. I think it'd have to be slightly retconned to remove the Stonecanting aspect (it just feels like the concept wouldn't fit anywhere in normal Tales gameplay), but I'd still take it.

Stonecanting is barely there in the story anyway, so it wouldn't be too drastic.

Also, what? Aah! That Jade! That Colette! Aaah!

Hopefully, someone will translate the JP-only arc.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:54 am
Evilweirdo 0
Azura Cantarella
Evilweirdo 0

Stonecanting is barely there in the story anyway, so it wouldn't be too drastic.

Also, what? Aah! That Jade! That Colette! Aaah!

Hopefully, someone will translate the JP-only arc.

What I don't get is why they're shutting things down for the game. Is it not popular enough? Aren't they making money? What's the cause?  

APH-Fem Canada-APH

Lucky Lionheart

22,875 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Azura Cantarella
Captain

Winter Werewolf

40,250 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:11 pm
APH-Fem Canada-APH
What I don't get is why they're shutting things down for the game. Is it not popular enough? Aren't they making money? What's the cause?

I think the gist of it (going off what someone said on Reddit but I can't find the post at the moment) is that it was doing terribly in JP. Under 4000 active players, plus its competitors are the more popular Asteria and Rays. It's actually doing decently in Global as it is able to keep up with Rays, but I guess to make things easier on themselves, they decided to drag Global down along with JP. Not to mention, Bamco has many mobile games beyond Tales under its wing, so Link might've been doing the worst in comparison to them all.

I personally think the whole thing is really shitty and unfair, but business is business. stare

The Tales Series Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff