Welcome to Gaia! ::

Naruto: The Way of the Ninja

Back to Guilds

A Naruto role-playing guild using the d20 system, for semi-lit and above RPers. 

Tags: Naruto, roleplay, d20 system, semi-literate, literate 

Reply The Way of the Ninja [Naruto RolePlaying Guild]
Act 1. Season 1. Chatterbox Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cleric Saphire
Crew

Blessed Cleric

18,925 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Battle: Cleric 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:14 pm
This place is just a safe haven for those who want to rp. Suggestions for how you want to proceed will be welcome, such as but not limited to..

- Bringing used charas here
- Following guild form (probably not, D20 system here I think is a bit lengthy)
- Story
- Systems

And anything else that comes to mind.

This thread will also be used as a chatterbox in general for those that are starting anew in 2017. Welcome!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:39 pm
Well, here's a few points to think about..

-how much of Naruto is going to be followed? (As Naruto did not become Rokudaime along with the ridiculous end scene of Konoha turning into a mega-city.)

-staying with futuristic Naruto worldverse theme but alternate timeline without the crazy technological development at the end of canon series or not?

-going for a pseudo d20 system; maybe training can be done away with completely and points for activity/interaction can be awarded as exp for levelling and whatever

-recruitment; most of the users of the guild probably aren't around anymore

No promise to be an active participant but (maybe) I can help with cleaning here and there.  

ProtoXtreme
Vice Captain

Obsessive Gaian

9,900 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200

Cleric Saphire
Crew

Blessed Cleric

18,925 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:50 pm
ProtoXtreme

Proto! That would be wonderful. (hugs)

Narutoverse. The world we are familiar with is the post-megacity world, which is probably what we would want to base it on. To be honest, no one enjoys that it's turned into a pesudo-modern city. Perhaps an alternate timeline would be nice? But we will want a storyline of our own to interest new people, I think.

Training, I was thinking word count. That seems reasonable for a lot of jutsu according to rank, perhaps?

Recruitment.... I'm still thinking on that one. Any other suggestions as I try revamp?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:24 pm
Cleric Saphire

Any alternate time line where things were simpler would probably be best, or maybe just going completely vanilla and reset things. No canon characters involved but similar events play out (basically the same) and you start off at about the beginning of the series in terms of technology.

It would give you time to set things up more structured for any more complicated arc and test out the new systems without a lot of threat. Less pressure on the crew and more time to work on things.

Word count works a lot better then I thought it would, highly recommend it as long as its reasonable and more crazy techs need more then that (obviously)  

Barry_VII

Bashful Bachelor

12,275 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200

Gideon Commando
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:42 pm
Odoeb

Cleric Saphire

ProtoXtreme

In terms of timeline, we could also set it in the past, preseries as it were, and go from there.

Side note, HI! ^-^  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:46 am
Gideon Commando

In terms of timeline, we could also set it in the past, preseries as it were, and go from there.

Side note, HI! ^-^

that could work to. how far in the past were you thinkin? before naruto or like before madara?  

Barry_VII

Bashful Bachelor

12,275 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200

Noble Negative J3T

9,775 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:57 pm
*peaks around ninja like*  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:04 pm
ProtoXtreme

maybe training can be done away with completely and points for activity/interaction can be awarded as exp for levelling and whatever

Best thing that I have heard you say.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Cleric Saphire
Crew

Blessed Cleric

18,925 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:45 pm
Or perhaps a more lit based one where we can decide the storyline beforehand and then set our characters loose? Kind of like a group effort fanfiction, and for those that are less active we can sidestep them as the story proceeds?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:19 pm
Cleric Saphire

There used to be an affiliate guild that did a pre-series start timeline. It actually worked out pretty neat for a while (but I'm not saying that this is the best route for WOTN).

Regarding Jutsu, maybe it can be offscreened. Like interaction posts gives +some point and a certain number of points let you buy a Jutsu scroll or whatever like a MMO and once your character uses it, you learn it.

Gideon Commando

AU worldverse-rules only also sounds fine. I don't think the existence of the Kaguya bs will be missed.

I would recommend shoving the entire Uchiha clan into the garbage otherwise if we're going to observe canon. Where they belong probably.

ProtoXtreme
Vice Captain

Obsessive Gaian

9,900 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:08 pm
ProtoXtreme

Regarding Jutsu, maybe it can be offscreened. Like interaction posts gives +some point and a certain number of points let you buy a Jutsu scroll or whatever like a MMO and once your character uses it, you learn it.

Or stick to the d20 format and characters get X jutsu per level up. It would make character diversity a little better.

I had been working on actually converting the spell system of d20 to a version for WotN that would help us nail down some more concrete rules for custom jutsu.
Cantrips being E ranked
1st & 2nd = D Rank
3rd & 4th = C Ranked
5th & 6th = B Ranked
7th & 8th level = A ranked
9th level = S Rank  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:23 pm
Bump ... its gone silent again.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Cleric Saphire
Crew

Blessed Cleric

18,925 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:18 pm
Sounds nice, have you gotten anything set up at the moment?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:04 am
ninja  

Natsuhi Fukunaga

4,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250

kouri-chan_xx
Vice Captain

Noob

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:15 am
Turns out I missed the cool stuff by almost a month. Hope everyone is doing reasonably well.  
The Way of the Ninja [Naruto RolePlaying Guild]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff