Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Miscellaneous Threads
2017 Cosplay and Convention Plans Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:03 am
Greetings Fellow Guild Members,

With a New Year ahead of us I'm curious as to what everyone's plans are for the year. Please let us know about new Cosplay Outfits that you are going make or older ones that you are going to wear again. Also let us know about what conventions you are going to.

In addition to posting your plans here don't forget to post about specific Conventions that you are going to in the Convention Region Sub Forums. Feel free to post any past and or future Cosplay photos of your outfits in the Photography Sub Forum.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:15 pm
My lineup this year is
Tora-Con: Rose Quartz day one, Guzma day two! I'll be in groups both days, steven universe currently consisting of myself as Rose, a Peridot, a Lapis, Connie, Pearl, potentially, Amythest, and maybe? a couple others! The second day I'm going to be in a team Skull group from Pokemon as Guzma, and my two friends as Plumeria and pink haired skull grunt ^^
I may be going to FC3, and if I do I'll more than likely do a couple casual outfits. Possibly Osomatsu-San cosplay and maybe Zacharie (from OFF) the second day?
Then at the end of the year I'm designing my own outfit for a holiday themed Mettaton from Undertale.
As far as cosplay plans go in a general sense I'm working on making the outfits I make be a little bit extra then what they used to be. For Rose specifically I'm sewing two wigs together and then will have to style in a lot of big curls, and if I have the expenses I'm going to try to do her sword and Shield. I've also added Emil from NieR to my list of cosplays as well, I'm pretty hype to see what I can do with that!
Pic of Emil:
User Image

nerdiepi

Crew

Anxious Shounen

15,450 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Survivor 150

Ralyle

Shirtless Hunter

7,700 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:20 pm
I'm aiming for Phoenix Comic Con this year! biggrin Not totally sure what I'm going to cosplay yet. I've got a few in the works. I'm leaning on a human female Shruikan from Inheritance Cycle, a female Kirito though I'm going to see if I can disguise that fact xd , or maybe Dante though that one would take more effort to get together than the other two.
Phoenix Comicon is about the only one I'm thinking of going to this year though one or two others might be fun as well. biggrin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:04 am
nerdiepi
My lineup this year is
Tora-Con: Rose Quartz day one, Guzma day two! I'll be in groups both days, steven universe currently consisting of myself as Rose, a Peridot, a Lapis, Connie, Pearl, potentially, Amythest, and maybe? a couple others! The second day I'm going to be in a team Skull group from Pokemon as Guzma, and my two friends as Plumeria and pink haired skull grunt ^^
I may be going to FC3, and if I do I'll more than likely do a couple casual outfits. Possibly Osomatsu-San cosplay and maybe Zacharie (from OFF) the second day?
Then at the end of the year I'm designing my own outfit for a holiday themed Mettaton from Undertale.
As far as cosplay plans go in a general sense I'm working on making the outfits I make be a little bit extra then what they used to be. For Rose specifically I'm sewing two wigs together and then will have to style in a lot of big curls, and if I have the expenses I'm going to try to do her sword and Shield. I've also added Emil from NieR to my list of cosplays as well, I'm pretty hype to see what I can do with that!
Pic of Emil:
User Image

Quinn good luck with your awesome Cosplay plans. Also great photo.  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:06 am
Dannichigo
I'm aiming for Phoenix Comic Con this year! biggrin Not totally sure what I'm going to cosplay yet. I've got a few in the works. I'm leaning on a human female Shruikan from Inheritance Cycle, a female Kirito though I'm going to see if I can disguise that fact xd , or maybe Dante though that one would take more effort to get together than the other two.
Phoenix Comicon is about the only one I'm thinking of going to this year though one or two others might be fun as well. biggrin

Dannichigo thanks for sharing your plans it means a lot. smile Have a great time in Phoenix!!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:31 pm
HAPPY BELATED NEW YEAR, EVERYONE!

I want to point out that my New Year's resolution for 2017 is "having a Square Enix cosplaying year", which will be a resolution that I'm able to keep!

My plans are as follows:
gaia_star Distant Worlds: Music Of Final Fantasy
- I'm a bit disappointed that the Kingdom Hearts concert isn't happening in Canada, but I'm super happy that the Final Fantasy concert is happening in Canada though!
- I'll be cosplaying as Noctis Lucis Caelum (Final Fantasy XV: Brotherhood) for it!
- I'll be joined by some of my friends, who cosplay from Final Fantasy XV and other series in the franchise. From FFXV, I'm hoping to have 1-2 more Noctis, Prince Luna (male Luna), and Ignis join me. From other Final Fantasy games, Zack Fair will hopefully be there.
gaia_star Otafest 2017
- For early pickup, I'm being casual Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2) wearing Nijuukoo's Sora shirt design. I have the new casual Sora's outfit done. Hopefully, my Kairi will be joining me.
- For Days 1-3 of the convention, I'm being Noctis (FFXV: Brotherhood) twice and Riku (Kingdom Hearts) once. Which cosplay for which day has yet to be determined. Hopefully, my Kairi will be my Prompto for one of the days when I'm Noctis.
- For Noctis, I'll be wearing his usual black outfit again and his high school outfit. For the Crossplay Pageant, I'm going to bring some feelings as Noctis (in usual black outfit). For Riku, the outfit has yet to be decided. I'm debating between Kingdom Hearts 2 Riku or female KH2 Riku right now. I have all outfits finished except for high school Noctis. I just need to find a jacket/blazer and a Ravenclaw tie for it.
gaia_star Animethon 24
- This will be my second time going to Animethon. The last time that I went was 4 years ago.
- I'm Zexion (Kingdom Hearts). I'm not sure if it's going to be casual outfit or Organization XIII coat for him though. It depends when the panel (hopefully, it gets approved) that I'm part of is. Either way, I have both outfits done. My Kairi will be Vexen for the panel.
- I'm being Riku (KH) again. His outfit is undecided for now.
- I'm also being Reno (Final Fantasy VII). I'll be joined by my Cloud and my Tifa.
gaia_star Otafest Aurora 2017 - Cosplay is still undecided.

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100

OnsenMark

Crew

Noble Raider

12,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:24 am
Right now, my only plans are:

- BAM Anime and Toy Show: one-day con put on by Tidewater Comicon, first year for this one. Not sure what I'm doing for this one, if anything.

- Sakura Matsuri in D.C.: prolly not going to cosplay for this one.

- Anime Mid-Atlantic: not sure yet. I may commute to this one, so I don't know if I'm going to cosplay anything or not.

- Nekocon: staffing again, hopefully. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:08 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Since money is tight as it is and college is going to start swallowing me whole with stress I'll probably hold off on going to cons more than usual. I'll of course go to the small, high school run convention ASAHi Con in my town. During that con I might pull together a cruddy, rushed genderbend version of Eridan Ampora from Homestuck.
Then, after I regan some sort of money I might go to Summer Sacanime in a slightly better done Eridan genderbend cosplay. I might even get to be in a Homestuck panel if the head of it stops running her mouth, scaring potental cosplayers, and just being a very unlikeable person.

Alliecat298

Agent Bookworm

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:49 am
Convention Plans

RadCon- A local Sci-fi/Fantasy Con in February. Right now the plan is Sheimi from Blue Exorcist, Hanji Zoe from SNK/AOT, A Gryffindor Student, and Hungary from APH.

SakuraCon- Not 100%, but likely to happen. The only cosplay officially planed is Shiemi froom Blue Exorcist, Puu from Rave Master/Fairy Tail, Anri from Durarara!!, and Hungary from Hetalia.

Anime Expo - Probably going to this one. No cosplay plans.

Kuroneko Con - What to try and swing this one, but no promises due to going to Anime Expo early in the month.

Kumori Con - Again I may go to this one, but no plans.

Central City Comic Con - If I don't go to Kumori Con.

Cosplay Plans
* Creation only, no previously made costumes.

Sheimi from Blue Exorcist - 100% done.

Renge from OHSHC! - Have most of the fabric.

Gowther from Seven Deadly Sins - May or may not do this one at Sakura Con. Have not officially decided to do it at all.

Ice Queen Elsa from Frozen - Need just a little more fabric and a serger before I start. Waiting to by a serger at the End of March, Beginning of April when it should be at it's cheapest.

Anri from Durarara!! - Have most of the fabric. May make an appearance at Sakura Con.

Twilight Princess Zelda from The Legend of Zelda - This is happening because it'll at least be my Halloween costume.

Kero from CCS- May make an appearance at Sakura Con, in Kigurumi form.

Yamuraiha from Magi - Partly done, but no plans for an appearance this year.

Peggy Carter from Marvel Comics
- No official plans for the year, but may happen.

Puu from Rave Master and Fairy Tail- Have the fabric and got the body cut out.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:40 pm
As of right now, I don't have a whole lot of definite plans. I'm going to Uchi Con, a little local thing in February, and Anime Midwest in July for sure. We're talking about possibly going to Geek Kon in August as artists, but that's very much up in the air. We're going to try and hit Daisho Con in November, but we'll see. If we don't end up making Daisho, we'll probably go to Con+Alt+Delete in December instead.

I have almost zero idea what I'm going to be doing about cosplay, though. xD I'm almost certainly going to be going as the Vocaloid Luka Megurine in her Magnet dress for Anime Midwest and I had talked about doing Fire Emblem with my friend, but I don't know about that one. Outside of that, we'll probably plan as we go.  

Absolutiones

Evolved Bunny

OnsenMark

Crew

Noble Raider

12,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:45 pm
ADDITIONAL: I might go to Otakon this year. I haven't decided yet...  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:47 pm
angelmage99
Convention Plans

RadCon- A local Sci-fi/Fantasy Con in February. Right now the plan is Sheimi from Blue Exorcist, Hanji Zoe from SNK/AOT, A Gryffindor Student, and Hungary from APH.

SakuraCon- Not 100%, but likely to happen. The only cosplay officially planed is Shiemi froom Blue Exorcist.

Anime Expo
- Probably going to this one. No cosplay plans.

Kuroneko Con - What to try and swing this one, but no promises due to going to Anime Expo early in the month.

Cosplay Plans

Sheimi from Blue Exorcist - A little more than 75% done.

Gowther from Seven Deadly Sins - May or may not do this one at Sakura Con. Have not officially decided to do it at all.

Ice Queen Elsa from Frozen - Need just a little more fabric and a serger before I start. Waiting to by a serger at the End of March, Beginning of April when it should be at it's cheapest.

Anri from Durarara!! - Have most of the fabric. May make an appearance at Sakura Con.

Twilight Princess Zelda from The Legend of Zelda - This is happening because it'll at least be my Halloween costume.

Kero from CCS- May make an appearance at Sakura Con, in Kigurumi form.

Wow, thanks for sharing your plans. smile You are going to be really busy. I'm a big fan of both the movie Frozen and The Legend of Zelda. I have taken many Cosplayer photos of both Queen Elsa and Princess Zelda over the years. Good Luck with all of your plans and have a great time!! Please let us know how things go.  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:27 am
angelmage99
Convention Plans

SakuraCon- Not 100%, but very likely to happen. The only cosplay officially planed is Shiemi froom Blue Exorcist, Other possible cosplays include Kiki from the Miyazaki films, Gowther from Seven Deadly Sins, or a Kero from Cardcaptor Sakura Kigu.

Anime Expo
- Probably going to this one. No cosplay plans, but Gowther from Seven Deadly Sins is likely.

Cosplay Plans

Sheimi from Blue Exorcist - A little more than 75% done.

Ice Queen Elsa from Frozen - Have all the fabric. Waiting to by a serger at the End of March, Beginning of April when it should be at it's cheapest.

Anri from Durarara!! - Have all the fabric. May make an appearance at Anime Expo.

Twilight Princess Zelda from The Legend of Zelda - This is happening because it'll at least be my Halloween costume. Have fabric for the dress and apron so far.

Kero from CCS- May make an appearance at Sakura Con, in Kigurumi form. Have all the fabric.

Miscellaneous Threads

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff