Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Esbats

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:38 am
I just love the full moon energy. Sometimes more than the sabbats. For some reason, I always find time for an esbat, but when a sabbat comes up, I'm either overworked or haven't got the energy to raise.

I'd like to know what you do on the night of a full moon. Are there any special things that make your rite special to you?

Things I like to do:
-I place silver in my cauldron with water, then scry or meditate into it. After plenty of practice, my consciousness shifts with ease using this method.
-Attuning with selenite and moonstone. I just love channelling the healing, loving energies of the Goddess and letting my spirit connect with it.
-Divination. I just prefer to read tarot on a full moon, in comparison with any other day of the month. It just clicks better for me
-A few full moons ago, I asked the spirits of water to guide me with something I needed insight on. So I sat, facing the west, and visualised myself going deep into a blue lagoon. A water spirit introduced herself to me, and since that night I meet with her every full moon and ask for guidance or information.

Can't wait to hear about your experiences!  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:17 am
Full moons for me are energetic and frantic and sometimes I have to force myself to slow down and take a moment to build an altar and give an offering. My mind races far too much for any meditation or divination. Meditation comes to me better during sabbats, and the new and first quarter moons. However I only ever do divination in the third quarter of the moon. Why? I have no idea. But that's the only time it'll come clearly and make sense.

I follow no set path really, so everything that happens is spontaneous. I find joy in adventure and spontaneity, with a little chaos on the side for good measure.  

iKillCaustic

Ruthless Hunter

18,040 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Nostalgic Scrapbooker 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Korealia

Distinct Seeker

3,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:13 am
I have always thought of Esbats more of a time for magical workings, depending on the phase of the moon. As the solar Sabbats move through the wheel, we generally celebrate the turning of the seasons.

But...Esbats of the full moon....does anyone acknowledge the other phases in particular? The new moon (black moon)? Quarter moons for workings? Waning for banshing, waxing for growth?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:00 pm
If I want to do something specific, I don't always wait for a full moon. I will work during any phase.  

Angel Bruja

Korealia

Distinct Seeker

3,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:59 pm
I live in Louisville, but we are driving down to Southern Kentucky for the Eclipse. Is there anyone else that's going to travel to watch this event? 3nodding  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games