Suikoden 4 Talk Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 33 34 35 36 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kalzei

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:50 am
Hythian
It actually takes place 150 or so years before the first one.

Before the first one? Huh... now that's interesting... Gee, I better go and do some researching! whee  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:00 pm
Koimaiden

BTW, for those of you who really want t ostay on top of this subject, here's a site you'll find helpful!

www.suikosource.com
On a side note I also recommend www.suikox.com
A very good up to date site  

Nadistu

Hoarding Shapeshifter

25,650 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Spirit Hoarder 500
  • Fluff Reclamation 250

JasonRashidi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:14 pm
There's a preview of the japanese version here.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 11:00 am
Sad news in Suikoden land. Suikoden 4 wont be out till early next year.  

Keollyn

The Blade Effect

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 5:51 am
wish they did they didnt have to push things back all the time

*kicks konami in the shin*  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:07 am
It would have meant hell for the Suikoden series if it were released in November, do you realise how many big games are coming out that month. ^_^ There'd never be a Suikoden 5 if Suikoden 4 didn't sell at all, it would easily be overshadowed with all the mainstream games for the holidays. But being released in January lets Suikoden 4 lay claim to being the first great RPG of the new year. 3nodding

answering a question from way earlier in the thread, Ted has had the Soul Eater for 300 years by the time of Suikoden, so at the time of Suikoden 4 he will have already had the Rune for 150 years.

*spoilers*

Though as we know, Ted lost the Rune for a short period of time during those 300 years, and he lost the rune during the period of Suikoden 4. As it turns out Ted was tired of the burden the rune gave him, kinda like the Ring is to Frodo. And he gave up the rune to *gasp* a Sindar! As it turns out, the Sindar want revenge on the world, and they too are collecting True Runes! Does this mean that Hikusaak's search for the true runes is related to the Sindars? Or are they rivals in collecting them?

*end spoilers*

Anyway, (some of) the character art is up at the www.suikosource.com forums. It's beatiful. ^_^

Another new feature is the "New Game +" The features are here: http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1036

Right now I'm trying to get a hold of all the features/shops the HQ has. Right now it is confirmed the HQ is a ship, but don't worry, its huge. ^_^ It is confirmed that there is a comment box, and a new thing: The Confessions Room. It goes with the theam of punnishment and forgiveness, becuase you eaither get to punish the person conffesing, or forgive them. I wonder what kind of punishments there will be?  

Ben Kenobi

Keollyn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:36 am
Yeah the January release does give it some breath of fresh air from all the releases, but now for me, I'll have to qucikly go through Suikoden because both Xenosaga 2 and Final Fantasy 12, not to even mention Tekken 5 and Resident Evil 4 comes out in Febuary (I might be wrong about RE4). And I don't like rushing though my game.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:31 pm
I was under the Impression that Xenosaga II was the only main RPG of February, FF12 doesn't apear in the states until Fall/Winter 2005.  

Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:32 pm
I found the list of things your HQ gets:

General Store-- Your HQ has no item shop or armor shop. Instead, the general store would sell anything you have seen at other shops you have visited.

Blacksmith-- Not only does the blacksmith sharpen your weapon, they can also add up to 20 rune fragments from each element onto your weapon. Adrienne is also able to make armor (metallic) if you give her the right materials.

Appraiser-- Nabokov appraises unidentified items. Exactly the same as previous suikodens.

Rune Shop-- Jeane attaches, removes, or sells you runes. No new features.

Tailor-- Phil will make armor (clothing) depending on the type of material you have.

Accessories Shop-- Lilin will make accessories depending on the materials you bring to her.

Ship Builder-- By brining new sail canvas and "Ocean Rune Fragments," Tov can modify any of your ship's stats.

Mushroom Growing-- Mao can grow MP healing mushrooms in the "cultivation room."

Mint Growing-- Nao can grow MP healing mints in the "cultivation room."

Bun Shop-- Kevin and Pam sells HP and status effecting buns. New menus are added by giving them additional food items.

Cafeteria-- Funghi sells HP and status effecting food items.

Raffle Shop-- Ban will let you spin the raffle wheel if you give him a raffle ticket.

Confession Room-- Keane interrogates a random member with a number of questions. After hearing what they say, you can either punish them of forgive them.

Training Room-- Reinholt will make your team fight against random members of your army. After defeating five teams, you get a prize.

Newspaper Stand-- Perot publishes a paper every so often.

Saloon-- Louise runs a saloon where you can rest, save, or change members of your party.

Roster-- Desmond stands in front of the roster board, which is a wooden board with brass name plates for each star. You can also change party members here.

Strategy Lesson-- Elenor will let you practice naval battle. You get to choose from five levels.

http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1038  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:10 am
Ben Kenobi
I was under the Impression that Xenosaga II was the only main RPG of February, FF12 doesn't apear in the states until Fall/Winter 2005.

Might have changed it since I last saw. Since it is something developers/publishers do.  

Keollyn

ChaseTriggerfist

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 1:46 pm
I saw a lot of the screenshots and read all the info u guys have here and at the sites u guys listed and it looks really cool I wish it would come out already though stare  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:03 pm
Viki, Jeane, and Leknaat are in it. Leknaat I understand, Viki...um yeah... but Jeane!!! How old is she!!!!  

Zan Alexander

Chaz-the hunter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:32 am
that trailer was pretty good, i got goosebumps just listening to it. it seems like the war system is just like suikoden 1. omg jeane, did you see her whee . she is very........................shocking eek !  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:43 am
For help+info while playing the game, I found this (japanese) website very very helpful indeed. 3nodding

http://www.geocities.co.jp/Bookend/2172/index4.html

If you need translations for certain things (I'm not very good but anyway), tell me. heart

What I think is best about Sui4? The combos. There's some pure crack in there HEHE. XD XD

Oh, I'm playing the JP version - well, more like... I was. >_>;; no time to game these days.. augh. *cries*  

HooLiJing

nena99

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:09 pm
I'm just happy that Viki is gonna be in IV I hope she is in V  
Suikoden Universe

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 33 34 35 36 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items