Will YOU sit with me? [Just Lance x Blind Love] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:11 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Blind Love was having a fantastic day. Everything had gone right. Her restaurant had brought together several happy couples (from what she could tell), and the dates who left her doors often looked enamored. This was what she worked for. Some days, things went poorly. Sometimes, she'd watch as dates fell apart and ponies left in frustration, sometimes even tears. Other days, it was a fair even mix. Today? Today love smiled down upon her quaint little restaurant. Everything was just right.

Except, one phony. One familiar phony who she had assumed would be leaving with the same smile as the others this evening. He was handsome, that was for sure, and during their singular meeting back at the spa he had boasted a polite personality. Yet, there he was, sitting alone at a table. For half an hour. Blind Love had glanced over towards his table each time she returned from greeting entrants, and the scenery never changed. This happened at times, and it never ceased to cause an ache in her heart. A date falling apart was one thing, but your date never showing up? It stung. Often, she had noticed it raised the question; 'what is wrong with me?' So, after the fifth trip past his table, she paused, turning abruptly around and approaching.

"Hello," She greeted, voice soft and eyes warm. "I'm terribly sorry for the interruption, but I've noticed your date hasn't arrived yet? Would you like me to call them, perhaps?"

Moonstone Dazzle

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:28 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.This entire thing had been... rather a silly idea. Urged on to date by his own foalish expectations, Just Lance had allowed himself to partake in a blind date, set up by Blind Love. She had been an incredibly lovely mare at their spa meeting, and Lance could admit he longed for something more in his life. Something like... a family. He had his parents and his siblings, of course, but he still longed for foals of his own. A loving partner, and a family. Perhaps a lovely fireplace, for colder evenings in the winter. Little ones, sitting around him.

Lance sighed, shaking his head.

He had his work, and his friends. His relationship with Umbra was still grand as could be. Perhaps it was a selfish idea to think he wanted more. The unicorn was prepared to get up and leave the restaurant, save what little dignity in him remained, when a familiar face approached the table.

Blind Love.

Lance snapped himself from his funk and offered the mare a warm smile, shaking his head.

"Actually... if I may be so bold, I cannot help but notice you're alone tonight, as well." He gestured to the seat across from him. "Could I beg your company, for a bit? I don't feel that we really got to know each other that well at..." He scrunched his brow, thinking.

"The spa, wasn't it? Which, pardon my behavior there- I was rather ungentlemanly, being so relaxed and all!"
Yushika

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:36 pm
His smile ignited her own to reappear, her head gently canting to the side. The question and gesture caused a brief, hesitant pause, her eyes drifting back to the front of the restaurant. Work was nearing an end, yet, was she allowed to sit down? Ah, what a ridiculous question, she was the boss! Still, for a second she worried, her eyes meeting one of her waiters and immediately she received a small smile and an urgent motion for her to sit down. Even her staff wanted for her to accept the offer.

"I do think I wouldn't mind." She finally answered with, settling into the seat delicately. Ah, now she could actually look at him up close. For a second, Blind Love found herself wondering why in the world a man like him needed to resort to her services. Surely he had company who wished to go on a date with him? Perhaps he never met the person for him. For a second, another flutter of ache hit her. She truly hoped he would find the one he was looking for, whether through her restaurant or not. Everyone deserved love.

"Ungentlemanly? Oh, I wouldn't say that. I quite enjoyed your company, in fact." A soft, smile left her face, a hoof gently rubbing the edge of the tablecloth. Was she nervous? When was the last time she actually ate with someone? In fact, this was the first time in ages! She was always the one inviting others to do so, and yet she hadn't taken a chance to partake in the activity.

Moonstone Dazzle

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:48 pm
"I just wanted to thank you again, for taking on a hopeless romantic like me," Lance explained, levitating the wine he'd ordered and pouring a second glass. He wasn't much of a drinker, but he'd already splurged on the bottle. It was a shame to let it go to waste. Using his magic, he handed it over to Blind Love. "I spend... a bit too much time with the company, so it's hard to make myself get out and socialize. If it weren't for my sister, I probably wouldn't even be here!"

At this, he laughed in amusement.

"With no offense to you, that is! Your services seem excellent, as far as I can tell. Just not something I would've thought to test the waters on myself, of course." Not... ever, honestly. If not for his sister and brother being so convinced of the joys of love, it would've been something Lance wasn't content to search for. He had justice to uphold, after all. Wrongs to right, and innocents to protect. Crime didn't take the time to date, just because he did.

"I was so unsophisticated! Just... plain as I was. Which is odd for me, around such a lovely lady." This time, the laugh was more nervous. Uncertain and shy. Nonetheless, he offered Blind Love a sheepish smile.

"You were quite wonderful, though. You still are, as far as I can tell."
Yushika

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:06 pm
"You are quite welcome." She hummed pleasantly, resisting the urge to say he wasn't hopeless. There was no such thing in her world, no matter how nervous or unexperienced someone was. She did giggle at the comment of his sister, eyes lighting up in humor. She was grateful for the sister, at least. Sometimes you just needed that push.

Besides, if he hadn't come she wouldn't be having a rather delightful dinner with him, would she?

"Thank you." She whispered as she lifted her glass of wine, taking a delicate sip before setting it down, eyes trained on him. "Thank you for the compliment towards my little restaurant, as well. We're delighted to serve someone who protects us from harms way." Her voice had softened towards the end, a grateful tone lingering before a laugh escaped her, head shaking.

"I found you quite refreshing, if we're being honest." The last comment, however, caused a faint flush, head titling to the side, allowing hair to shield her heated cheeks as she coyly looked at the menu.

'You are quite wonderful, though.' What a sweet thing to say. It left a rather warm feeling within her chest, comforting any nerves that had tried to surface. This was what her restaurant did? It made people feel confident and beautiful, like this? Turning her eyes back to him, a shy smile crossed her features, hooves pushing the menu aside gently. She never really needed it, anyway.

"You're sweet, Just Lance. Perhaps I'm glad I had the chance to sit with you tonight."

Moonstone Dazzle

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:28 am
"Oh, I'm just a junior officer. I wouldn't say I'm protecting that much," he deferred, not willing to take so much credit for Phonyland's functioning. He just... helped phonies, that was all. Phonies who needed him. No matter how small the problem was.

"So, you're a matchmaker. But I take it you have a bit of a flair for food and decoration, as well?" He asked, cocking his head to the side slightly. The restaurant was dimly lit and just contributed perfectly to the romantic atmosphere. If Blind Love was running it, clearly she had some say in its day to day running. The menus, the atmosphere... they might not've been her special talent, but they were certainly things she had talent in.

It was pretty astounding, really. What an incredible mare.

Just Lance smiled sheepishly at the compliment to his sweetness, and took another sip of wine to try and mask his embarrassment.

"What would you recommend eating?" Lance asked instead, deferring the compliment to focus on the now. Compliments just didn't sit well with him, honestly. He was just an ordinary phony, that was all.
Yushika

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:42 am
She simply smiled at his first comment, tucking away her own thoughts on the matter. Junior or not, he helped keep Phonyland running, no matter how small or grand his contribution was. It was times like these she wondered what she would do in his position. Would she have been as brave as he was? Or would she have been a coward and fled when things become rough?

"You are correct." She mused, head tilting as her eyes flicked over the restaurant. "I work with the head chef to ensure our menu offers the most, and I design the decorations myself. I'm lucky to live within Ponyland. This restaurant wouldn't exist without the generosity of other business owners." The flowers, the lights, even the window curtains all came from local businesses, most ordered just for her little restaurant. Ponyland was full of talent, and often Blind Love had to pause to really, truly understand just how much creativity and talent lived all around her.

The last question, however, snapped her right out of her daze, eyes lighting up. Ah, the menu. The ever changing menu. Leaning slightly closer, she pulled her own menu closer to her, briefly glimpsing over it. Where was it....?

"Ah, there it is. I personally enjoy the herb-garlic crusted steak. That, or the lemon and goat cheese risotto." Her eyes flicked up, a smile still present. "It's been awhile since I had the chance to taste our food again, this is a welcome treat."

Moonstone Dazzle

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:56 pm
"Lemon and goat cheese risotto! That sounds lovely," Lance agreed, his eyes tracking over the menu to find the aforementioned meal. It wasn't that he didn't love a good steak- truly, he did- there was just always a challenge in a good Risotto. He didn't frequently indulge in cooking programs, but his associational human adored them. Something about always ruining the risotto... well, it had grabbed his interest.

"This restaurant wouldn't work as it does without someone as self-aware as you as its head. It takes a great soul to understand it's all a collaborative effort." Lance stared at her, open awe on his expression. She coordinated... and then gave credit where it was due. Simply incredible. It was wonderful to meet other phonies who really understood the importance of coordination and teamwork.

"Any sides with our meal?" He asked, reading over the menu. Lance paused, then, snapping back up to look at Blind Love.

"And, oh! I forgot to say, and my sincerest apologies- I'll be covering dinner this evening. If you'll allow me."
Yushika

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:34 pm
Splendid. The question laid if she wanted the same order as he was having, or to go for the steak. Perhaps the steak, it might look odd if they both ordered the same thing. Oh! Silly worries like that were fresh to her, sparking a curiosity. Was this what dates were, worrying if you looked nice and if you were about to do something strange? It wasn't unpleasant, though. It was nice to have these concerns. It wasn't often Blind had a chance to experience such an activity!

"I'll have the steak, then." She hummed, setting her menu down and folding her hooves over one another politely. Golden eyes curved as a smile arose, though it faltered as the awe on his face startled her. Was she acting strangely? Had she done something amiss? A flush touched her cheeks, again, and Blind Love mentally ran a checklist of various things. Her position, tone, hair, all were fine. What had she done? Luckily, Lance was kind enough to focus on something else, giving Blind a moment to recover.

"Well, since you ask, I do enjoy the fried spinach dip balls. Is there something else you were eying?" It sounded so unhealthy, and a bit indulgent, but what could she say? It was delicious. Her eyes had met that of a waiters, watching them begin to cautiously approach when Lance caught her off-guard, flicking her gaze to her polite companion. Ah, he was paying for the meal? Oh, well, logically, it made sense. This was her business. It'd be strange to give money to herself... yet that didn't stop that nervous little flutter in her stomach. Sweet. He was genuinely a sweet man. How had he been dateless this entire time? Oh, Blind, don't get carried away now! That wasn't even her date originally!

"I shall, though, may I request that I may return the favor in the future?" Was that too bold? Oh, honestly, she was laughable out of touch with this!

Moonstone Dazzle

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:48 pm
"I'm so glad you're not afraid to eat in front of me, and have a good appetite!" He added earnestly, smiling brightly at Blind Love. As soon as it left his mouth, Just Lance realized it might not've been the best thing to say to a lady. Particularly one as romantically inclined as this. Laughing nervously, he rubbed the back of his neck.

"I-I mean! Like. Oh gosh, that sounds bad. But I promise it's not! My sister- not the fighting one, the princessy one- talks about how important maintaining a certain image is. Which... I get some of it? But I don't think friends should have to worry about image in front of each other."

He sighed, wilting just a bit.

"The... the point is. I'm glad you're getting spinach puffs, because those sound lovely to me."

Lance offered her a very nervous smile. Was he sweating? Probably. Here he thought he only sweat at work, or in costume, but no. Nervousness could clearly contribute as well. Lance nervously fiddled with the silverware, wondering if he hadn't just emotionally kicked her in the teeth. He really was such an idiot sometimes.

"I, um. If I haven't shoved my entire hoof in my mouth, I wouldn't say no to that!"
Yushika

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:08 pm
Blind Love had originally not latched onto his first comment, giving a pleasant laugh before returning to her task of gently fussing with the menu while she waited. It was only when he began to nervously laugh that her eyes flicked up, head canting ever so slightly to the side as her own mouth turned from a slight 'o' to an amused smile.

"I am glad you enjoy my appetite, Lance." Her tone was humorous, a well-natured smile on her face as she let loose a short laugh. She hadn't seen this side of him at the spa, and it was endearing, honestly. She was about to respond (probably with another amused tone) to his last statement when the waiter finally arrived, ears perking up as she delicately folded her hooves, giving a sheepish smile to her employee. Oh, this was weird, wasn't it? It was worth it, however. Lance's company was refreshing, and on the business side, it gave her a chance to see how her restaurant felt to a customer!

After she had given her order she waited politely for Just Lance to finish his, watching him from her spot curiously. She had, somehow, successfully asked to meet again, and they hadn't even gotten food! Was that too quick? Desperate? She truly just wanted to spend more time with him, honest! He was comforting, and kind, even a bit funny. Where would they even go? Ah, she was so out of touch with life outside of the restaurant, surely he'd see that soon and realize just how inept she was?

Moonstone Dazzle

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:35 pm
Oh geez, this was a terrible first- second, he reminded himself- impression. His siblings (sans Dragon, who would likely laugh her tail off at his awkwardness) were probably going to disown him if word of his embarrassment got back to them. Lance couldn't even think of an appropriate response, instead wishing for a menu to appropriately hide himself behind and will himself out of existence. And in front of such a beautiful lady! Yes, Dragon would be howling in laughter at how utterly idiotic he was being. Chivalrous knight, gallant fighter... world's worst date.

Definitely all things that applied to Just Lance.

"So. My own terrible, terrible social skills aside," he hedged awkwardly, unable to maintain eye contact with Blind Love (really, Lance? Really? THIS is how pathetic you were?) "what do you do in your spare time, away from the restaurant?"

At least he hadn't asked about the weather.
Yushika

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:13 am
The lack of eye contact didn't go unnoticed, yet she was graceful enough not to comment. Briefly, a panicked part of her brain questioned if she had made things awkward. While Lance thought he had terrible social skills, Blind believed she won the title. She was ruining this evening, wasn't she? Oooooh, what even was proper date etiquette? You'd think she'd know, considering her business!

Oh, throwing herself around in a negative light wasn't going to help her. She knew this. In fact, Lance didn't seem, at all, concerned about her behavior. She was over thinking it, wasn't she? They were having fun, and that was all that mattered. That, and it had been awhile since Blind had a chance to actually goof off. It wasn't as if Lance was holding her to impossible standards, and he seemed perfectly content with Blind just being herself.

Really, she was blessed to be given this chance to meet him again.

The question struck her as briefly odd, mostly because she didn't quite have an answer at first. She was, now that she thought about it, completely and utterly boring. When she wasn't working she was preparing to work. When she wasn't preparing to work she was sleeping. Her schedule, compared to his, must be a drag. Flushing slightly, the phony debated between telling the truth or slyly avoiding the question, settling on honesty finally.

"Not much, I admit." She laughed softly, brushing a strand of loose hair behind her ear. "When I'm not here I'm usually looking for new decorations, or spending time with the employee's. I've... been meaning to pick up my old hobbies again, such as sewing and hiking, but I suppose I keep forgetting." She gave an apologetic smile, head tilting towards his way.

"What about you, Lance?" She was genuinely interested, which leaked into her tone. What did someone which such a grand job as Lance do when given the chance to take a break from it all?

Moonstone Dazzle

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:17 pm
"Hiking? Isn't there a lot of travel involved in that?" He asked, gazing at her curiously. At least, it seemed like there was going to be travel involved in hiking. Lance wasn't aware of many mountains or trails in the area, but if there were... well, that was certainly a date idea, wasn't it? And look at him! Already getting ahead of himself, thinking of a second date when he was flubbing this one. If you could even call this mangled mess of him humiliating himself a date.

"What sorts of things do you sew?" Another question, but not out of desire to push attention from himself. Rather, it was to learn about her. It wouldn't do to dwell on himself, after all! And besides that, Lance was fascinated with the lovely mare. He blinked a bit when asked about himself.

"Me? Ah, my hobbies are across the board. I work as an officer, and that... occupies a great deal of my time. Making sure to help as many phonies as I can, you know. It's good work." He smiled fondly, shaking his head.

"But... for fun? I suppose you could call the jousting a hobby. A lot of fighting practice, a lot of metalwork. I spend a lot of time with my family."

Yushika

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:28 pm
"Some, but not much. I also enjoy camping on flat lands. I've always enjoyed the outdoors." The petite phony glanced up, perking ever so slightly as their orders arrived. She took a moment to, gracefully, thank the waiter, mentally putting in a reminder to pull them aside tomorrow during work to nervously chatter about the current evening. She needed someone to talk to! Someone there to check if she had been a total idiot or not. When the food was set down she gave another gentle thanks before turning her attention back to Lance.

"Sewing? I used to enjoy making clothing, but then that turned into an interest in practical goods like blankets, and bags. I don't think I'm very good at it, but it's calming." She glanced at her food, a nervous flutter rolling in her stomach. This was the halfway point, and then they'd depart. She knew the food was delicious (she hired the cooks, of course she knew!), but that thought put her off. This was lovely conversation, and to be honest, one of the longest ones she had in weeks. Her ears swiveled up as he began to talk, flicking her gaze to glance at him. Jousting? She hadn't seen that before, and she couldn't stop herself from imagining him adorned in a silver knight outfit. He probably looked dazzling. How was he single again?

"So you're a family man." She finally moved to take a slice from her food, though her attention was still stuck on Lance. "That's sweet. Do you have a large family?"

Moonstone Dazzle

My Little Phony

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces