Welcome to Gaia! ::

Barton's Fort of Athletes and Artists

Back to Guilds

A place made for the gathering of people from the Rejected Olympics 2012 Barton Team 

Tags: Barton, Sunriders, Nightravens, Rejected Olympics, Bartob 

Reply Barton Square
Crew Revisions/Promotions Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Celestine Ravencroft
Crew

Seasonal Fairy

31,590 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Married 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 6:59 pm
Hot Caffeinated Cree
The Lounge is about to undergo a deep clean as well.

I just took a peek in the Lounge since I was curious. Are we going to keep Burger Bush for nostalgia's sake, or is it going too? It does not matter to me to be honest. I just thought if Arc decided to come back it might be nice. There are a few threads that have over 100 replies and could be good candidates to keep, but I think under 100 replies probably needs to go. Thoughts?  
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 8:00 pm
Celestine Ravencroft
Hot Caffeinated Cree
The Lounge is about to undergo a deep clean as well.

I just took a peek in the Lounge since I was curious. Are we going to keep Burger Bush for nostalgia's sake, or is it going too? It does not matter to me to be honest. I just thought if Arc decided to come back it might be nice. There are a few threads that have over 100 replies and could be good candidates to keep, but I think under 100 replies probably needs to go. Thoughts?
I really think it should be kept, it is also co-owned by Chef, so yeah. It would probably be best to keep it. :3 I was thinking about which to keep honestly, because my nostalgia heart is sensitive to a few of them. I do however agree that most likely the ones that have less than 100 pages, and or posted by inactive guild members will be going.  

Hot Caffeinated Cree
Vice Captain

Pure-hearted Senshi

Hot Caffeinated Cree
Vice Captain

Pure-hearted Senshi

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 8:15 pm
Celestine Ravencroft
We have a lot of stickies in the main forum. I think the OC Registry and the Banner thread could be moved to the Barton Manor sub since those focus on Barton/in-world stuff and RO.

I won't do this without approval from the Captain and at least two other senior crew members. We need to have a general agreement on each major revamp we do so there is minimal confusion and upset.
I was actually thinking about this, it only would make sense as that forum will act as an information hub. I'm okay with you moving it if Cheffie and the others are. :3  
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 8:51 pm
So, the Lounge has been taken care of now, for the most part.
To do:
- Repurpose a sub/create a sub to house fanclubs and outside fandoms/guides and give it a name
- Move OC Archive and Banner thread to Barton Manor
- Create rules and guidelines for Barton Manor
- Designate a space for photo albums (possibly under Barton Manor)
- Move any other useful threads to the designated subs
- Anything else that needs to be done or is requested  

Hot Caffeinated Cree
Vice Captain

Pure-hearted Senshi

Celestine Ravencroft
Crew

Seasonal Fairy

31,590 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Married 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 2:31 pm
Hot Caffeinated Cree

If you need help coming up with rules and guideline specific to the Barton Manor sub, I can definitely help there. I can PM you a general rules and guidelines outline later this evening, if you'd like. I feel like I'd finally be doing something constructive if I helped with that. And honestly, that may be the area to which I am best suited, guidelines and formal announcements/rules/etc. I've had a lot of people tell me I should be in secretarial work because I know how to word things in a formal, professional, yet easily understood manner. Bottom line is, if you need me to write up anything, never hesitate to ask.

Which brings me to another subject. With the possibility of getting new members during RO, we need to have ground rules for disciplinary matters. I know no one wants to think that anyone would ever violate the guild or site rules, but incidents do occur. We've never really had a clear-cut baseline for how to proceed with matters like that if they ever arose, so I think it may be a good idea to look at working up procedures to follow. I can work up a basic outline and then post it for review and revision by ALL crew members.  
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 3:10 pm
Hot Caffeinated Cree
So, the Lounge has been taken care of now, for the most part.
To do:
- Repurpose a sub/create a sub to house fanclubs and outside fandoms/guides and give it a name
- Move OC Archive and Banner thread to Barton Manor
- Create rules and guidelines for Barton Manor
- Designate a space for photo albums (possibly under Barton Manor)
- Move any other useful threads to the designated subs
- Anything else that needs to be done or is requested

I can move the OC thread but which banner thread are you talking about. I think the entertainment sub can become the fan club, since you have the magical girl list in there, and the golden leaf plaza could become an item/avatar sub (like our own avi talk forum we can put avi builder threads etc) if we still want to do that, and the lounge could house any streaming stuff/the gamertag exchange thread that is in the plaza  

KaguraSakata
Crew

Celestial Cleric

29,425 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Restorative Spirit 250

Celestine Ravencroft
Crew

Seasonal Fairy

31,590 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Married 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 10:28 pm
Here's a general post idea for the Barton Manor sub Rules and Regs:

Barton Manor Rules and Regulations

Welcome to the Barton Manor sub forum. The purpose of this sub forum is to document any information pertaining to BFAA's participation in the Rejected Olympics as well as informative threads pertaining to the fictional BFAA world the members of this guild have created.

The following are the guideline rules and regulations as they pertain to the Barton Manor sub forum

1. Stay on topic.

This sub forum is for RO and BFAA/Barton environment topics only. If the subject you wish to post has nothing to do with the Rejected Olympics or our fictional Barton world, then it does not belong here.

2. Always abide by the Gaiaonline.com Terms of Service and site rules.

The site rules are the Guild rules, plain and simple.

3. Respect others.

Do not post topics or remarks that will be harmful in any manor toward individuals, the guild, or the site. Such behavior will be grounds for ousting from the guild.

4. When in doubt, ask.

If you are unsure if a topic should be in this sub forum, or if a posted topic is in violation of any site rules, please contact active crew members and ask. We are always happy to assist.

5. Have fun.

Site events like the Rejected Olympics that brought BFAA together, and fun in-world stories such as those found in the Historical Record Archives, are meant to be entertaining. Feel free to add your contributions to this sub forum as long as they pertain to the subject matter of this sub forum and do not violate the original thread poster's rules and the site rules.  
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 7:51 am
Celestine Ravencroft

The rules look good! I'm on my iPad unfortunately, so I can't do much. But we should definitely post this in the subforum asap!  

Yakura Kurogami
Crew

Omnipresent Phantom

20,375 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100

Hot Caffeinated Cree
Vice Captain

Pure-hearted Senshi

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 1:20 pm
Okay..sorry for delayed response, I've been a bit busy as of late.
It looks like the fore-mentioned threads have been taken care of, so thank you!
I can add those rules to the Barton Manor sub now. :3

Celestine Ravencroft

Inei Alumei

KaguraSakata

MasturChef

Chibi Halo

Cynoscion

I'll implement some changes for the Plaza soon, if that is what we all want. c:  
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 1:35 pm
Hot Caffeinated Cree
Okay..sorry for delayed response, I've been a bit busy as of late.
It looks like the fore-mentioned threads have been taken care of, so thank you!
I can add those rules to the Barton Manor sub now. :3

Celestine Ravencroft

Inei Alumnei

KaguraSakata

MasturChef

Chibi Halo

Cynoscion

I'll implement some changes for the Plaza soon, if that is what we all want. c:

If we do clean up the main forum I'd say we move anything that hasn't been touched in over a year or something that is about a topic that has come and gone (IE my hey guess what I have coming out on Gaia thread). We want to keep some semblance of activity but not have the forum look like it's left to gather dust.

Sorry I haven't been helping you out more recently. I've been busy with family things, personal projects, and getting my house in order (or at least trying to get what I have control over in this house in order because I be spending the rest of my life trying to tackle the whole house).

Chibi Halo
Vice Captain

Time-traveling Senshi

Hot Caffeinated Cree
Vice Captain

Pure-hearted Senshi

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 1:42 pm
Chibi Halo
Not a problem! emotion_hug It's understandable, and yup. The main forum will be tidied up soon. Only more current and high traffic threads will stay. c:  
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 1:52 pm
So..I think there's too many stickies.. but I don't wanna get rid of them, because they're useful. sweatdrop
#vcproblems #ihavenoideawhatimdoing #dontkillme  

Hot Caffeinated Cree
Vice Captain

Pure-hearted Senshi

Celestine Ravencroft
Crew

Seasonal Fairy

31,590 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Married 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 2:18 pm
Hot Caffeinated Cree
So..I think there's too many stickies.. but I don't wanna get rid of them, because they're useful. sweatdrop
#vcproblems #ihavenoideawhatimdoing #dontkillme

Just delegate them to appropriate sub forums. It's all good Cree.  
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 2:46 pm
Eeeep, we have a lot of edits to make to the Guild Directory Arc posted. It'll have to wait until all sub forum threads have been changed/edited/fixed though. About the only thing we can do until then is remove broken banner urls. @_@

Can we un-sticky the Chatterbox since it's usually pretty busy and pretty well stays up near the top anyhow? That would get rid of one more excessive sticky.  

Celestine Ravencroft
Crew

Seasonal Fairy

31,590 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Married 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100

Yakura Kurogami
Crew

Omnipresent Phantom

20,375 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 3:06 pm
Hot Caffeinated Cree

I just realized my username was spelled wrong! Probably why I haven't been getting any alerts. It's Inei Alumei ^_^  
Barton Square

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff