Welcome to Gaia! ::

River of Polls : A GUILD OF RANDOMNESS AND EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

Back to Guilds

A random-based guild in which you may literally spam, chat, and do whatever you want. (Just follow the TOS and have fun!!!) 

Tags: Spam, Polls, Chat, Everything, Hangout, Role-playing, Role, Play, Word, Games, Quizzes, Discussion, Friends, Roleplay 

Reply River of Polls
I hate Facebook, but I need it.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

A lot of my online friends that friended me on Facebook also never knew my first name.
  They find it very odd now.
View Results

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:36 pm
So about a week back I was contacted by Facebook and told that I have to prove that the name I use on it is my legal name. Unfortunately, it was not my legal name, since I didn't want businesses and potential bosses to be able to look me up (I had made an alternate Facebook for that). I tried to supply "proof" of my name, which resulted in my Facebook account bein' locked. Eventually I had to change my name on Facebook to my legal name.

This mainly annoys me because I have posted many updates and pictures durin' my transitionin' from female to male. My plan was to make an alternative account for newly acquired friends, since I didn't want to parade around my transitionin' period but also wanted to hold on to all the pictures and posts and everything related to that period of my life. I had also been tagged in many photos that showed how I used to look.

So now, since I had to change the name, I am left with two annoyin' options. Either I can go through and delete or hide many pictures, posts, tags, etc., or I can just never make any friends. I'm tempted to make the alternative account anyway, but I feel like it'll look suspicious to have two accounts with the same name, if I'm even allowed to do that.

So yeah, kinda pissed about this whole thing. Thing is, when my account was taken down for a while, I had a little bit of a breakdown. At the moment, I live over 3 hours away from any of my friends. The main way I keep in contact and up-to-date with their life is through Facebook, so I didn't realize my isolation until that was taken away from me. It annoys me that I have developed a dependency on Facebook, but I don't know how else to easily stay in contact with my old friends.

In short, I'm pissed. If anything, I'm glad that my name change and everything has all been finalized, so I at least don't have to go by my old name. I feel very bad for a lot of my transgendered friends that haven't been able to change their name yet.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:44 pm
Semok
So about a week back I was contacted by Facebook and told that I have to prove that the name I use on it is my legal name. Unfortunately, it was not my legal name, since I didn't want businesses and potential bosses to be able to look me up (I had made an alternate Facebook for that). I tried to supply "proof" of my name, which resulted in my Facebook account bein' locked. Eventually I had to change my name on Facebook to my legal name.

This mainly annoys me because I have posted many updates and pictures durin' my transitionin' from female to male. My plan was to make an alternative account for newly acquired friends, since I didn't want to parade around my transitionin' period but also wanted to hold on to all the pictures and posts and everything related to that period of my life. I had also been tagged in many photos that showed how I used to look.

So now, since I had to change the name, I am left with two annoyin' options. Either I can go through and delete or hide many pictures, posts, tags, etc., or I can just never make any friends. I'm tempted to make the alternative account anyway, but I feel like it'll look suspicious to have two accounts with the same name, if I'm even allowed to do that.

So yeah, kinda pissed about this whole thing. Thing is, when my account was taken down for a while, I had a little bit of a breakdown. At the moment, I live over 3 hours away from any of my friends. The main way I keep in contact and up-to-date with their life is through Facebook, so I didn't realize my isolation until that was taken away from me. It annoys me that I have developed a dependency on Facebook, but I don't know how else to easily stay in contact with my old friends.

In short, I'm pissed. If anything, I'm glad that my name change and everything has all been finalized, so I at least don't have to go by my old name. I feel very bad for a lot of my transgendered friends that haven't been able to change their name yet.

I have two accounts with my name attached to it, Reason being one I use to test development at work, and the other one even though it's attached to my developer account is my personal facebook. I also haven't used my facebook account in months, short of messaging one or two people who I text with more often then message.

Also I had a prof who had a first nations name Jackson 2Bears, and he had to prove to facebook it was his real name, I think his account got banned, and then brought back several times in the process.  

cool4
Captain

Buggy Glitch

Anaya the Bee

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:28 pm
cool4
Semok

I have two accounts with my name attached to it, Reason being one I use to test development at work, and the other one even though it's attached to my developer account is my personal facebook. I also haven't used my facebook account in months, short of messaging one or two people who I text with more often then message.

Also I had a prof who had a first nations name Jackson 2Bears, and he had to prove to facebook it was his real name, I think his account got banned, and then brought back several times in the process.
OMFG, COOL4. YOU STILL EXIST? OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW ARE YOU? I can't believe you still exist. I bow myself to you. You are awesome. I still don't know why you aren't answeroing my private messages. DO YOU HATE ME? I AM TELLING THE TRUTH YOU KNOW!!!!!!! stare I am not stupid. I see the reality, even if it may be a kinda blurry reality. I don't care. Semok's won, she's well HE is my best friend ever. Give me a reason to stay on Gaia besides talking to Semok. Besides if Anaya gets banned, cuz once she gets banned I'm done.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:29 pm
Also facebook is banned in Aoi empire since 2014. This is why I still have my job right now. biggrin Cuz no one in real life knows a thing about me. biggrin I only have a facebook account because it's when I was still apart of the Proctor Republic. I refuse to use it now.  

Anaya the Bee

cool4
Captain

Buggy Glitch

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:30 pm
Anaya the Bee
cool4
Semok

OMFG, COOL4. YOU STILL EXIST? OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW ARE YOU? I can't believe you still exist. I bow myself to you. You are awesome. I still don't know why you aren't answeroing my private messages. DO YOU HATE ME? I AM TELLING THE TRUTH YOU KNOW!!!!!!! stare I am not stupid. I see the reality, even if it may be a kinda blurry reality. I don't care. Semok's won, she's well HE is my best friend ever. Give me a reason to stay on Gaia besides talking to Semok. Besides if Anaya gets banned, cuz once she gets banned I'm done.

I poke my head in every now and again, I haven't gotten messages from you in a while  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:34 pm
cool4
Anaya the Bee
cool4
Semok

I poke my head in every now and again, I haven't gotten messages from you in a while
BULLSHIT I PMED YOU ALL THE TIME AND YOU NEVER REPLIED TO ME  

Anaya the Bee

River of Polls

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces