Submit

Sarria_Holyfire

Relentless Seeker

20,100 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:59 pm
Coding basics is essential to role playing. This guild is good for veterans wanting something easier on how much you have to write and new comers wanting to learn. There are many simple things that make a post so much better though they can look intimidating so I am here to break it down and make it a lot less daunting.

Here is what a finished post can look like (ignore the randomness of the text for this is just an example.):

Princess Arista
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Triton's Fifth Daughter
◊≈◊Profile◊≈◊

I want to go on an adventure...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Walking out on a new day the sun was bright and the sky was her favorite color "it's beautiful today." The girl giggled and spun around enjoying the cool air. With a soft sigh she remembered she had to be somewhere "do I have to?" Running off over the hills her hair trailed behind her tide in a pretty bow to match her lovely dress.

Reaching the vibrant town she waved to all the people peddling carts. No matter if she knew them or not the young girl always had bright spirits. Stopping at a bakery to sniff the fresh bead she was treated with a bun "thank you!" She exclaimed as she left looking for her friend. After a while she file met up with a lank boy not much older than herself. As she gave him as hug she pouted as the boy ruffled her hair your lucky our parents are friends. she thought defiantly as she blushed when the boy called her cute "stop it." she mumbled knowing that it was going to be a very long day..

Walking out on a new day the sun was bright and the sky was her favorite color "it's beautiful today." The girl giggled and spun around enjoying the cool air. With a soft sigh she remembered she had to be somewhere "do I have to?" Running off over the hills her hair trailed behind her tide in a pretty bow to match her lovely dress.

Reaching the vibrant town she waved to all the people peddling carts. No matter if she knew them or not the young girl always had bright spirits. Stopping at a bakery to sniff the fresh bead she was treated with a bun "thank you!" She exclaimed as she left looking for her friend. After a while she file met up with a lank boy not much older than herself. As she gave him as hug she pouted as the boy ruffled her hair your lucky our parents are friends. she thought defiantly as she blushed when the boy called her cute "stop it." she mumbled knowing that it was going to be a very long day.

...but what about the rules?

What are my thoughts:
My feelings:
OOC:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The posts below well break down the coding into steps.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:45 pm
Easy access to coding tools

The bolded capital B: this is to bold your text, it well look like this Hi! to do this press the B and then type between them
[b]Hi![/b]

The italic capital I: this is to italic your text, it well look like this Hi! to do this press the italic I and then type between them
[i]Hi![/i]

The underline capital U: this is to underline your text, it well look like this Hi! to do this press the U and then type between them
[u]Hi![/u]

The scratched out S: this is to put a line threw your text, it well look like this Hi! to do this press the s and then type between them
[strike]Hi![/strike]

The Quote: this is to quote your role play partner, it well look like this
Sarria_Holyfire
to do this press the Quote button and then type ="" beside the first quote and add a user name, why they make this more difficult I do not know but it lets people know you have responded
[quote="Sarria_Holyfire"][/quote]

The Code: this is to code your text which is useful for making a post outline, it well look like this
Hi!
to do this press the Code button and then type between them
[code]Hi!

The underlined capital letters URL: First a URL links you to a site and or picture. To get the best URL for a said image right click it, go to properties, and copy the http code beside the address. It well look like this Image to do this press the underline capital letters URL and then put in your http link press okay and then name it
[url=http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/disney/images/4/4b/Arispic.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/214?cb=20140131051607]Image[/url]

The blue capital A: this is to color your text, it well look like this Hi! to do this press the blue A, choose the color and then type between them
[color=red]Hi![/color]
Note:This leads to way more colors.

The three capital A's: this is to size your text, it well look like this Hi! to do this press the AAA and select a size or type in your own and then type between them
[size=11]Hi![/size]

The alignments: this is to align your text, to do this press the align button and then type between them you can also use justify
[align=left]Hi![/align]
[align=center]Hi![/align]
[align=right]Hi![/align]
[align=justify]Hi![/align]

The IMG buttons: these are to add a image or images to your posts. The different buttons will align pictures differently but if you to center it you have to combine it with the center align button. The code looks like this
[align=center][img]http://[/img][/align]
[imgleft]http://[/imgleft]
[imgright]http://[/imgright]

Have to type out yourself coding tools

Spoilers: Spoilers can be used to hide anything from text, to images, and quotes. For role playing the are most often used around quoting to keep it nice and clean because it can take up a lot of space.
Sarria_Holyfire
Sarria_Holyfire
Sarria_Holyfire
Here is the coding
[spoiler][quote="Sarria_Holyfire"][/quote][quote="Sarria_Holyfire"][/quote][quote="Sarria_Holyfire"][/quote][/spoiler]

Other helpful hints

Face claims: Although this is not mandatory because we sometimes find that perfect picture or can draw our own it makes it easier to not have repeat face claims and easier to find a verity of pictures for different things.

Multiple characters in one post: Sometimes this is easier to do but to make things easier make sure each character you have has a different set of colors. Ex: Ally sighed and sat down asking "How was I suppose to know?" Aj responded looking out the window "I don't know Ally, I just don't know."  

Sarria_Holyfire

Relentless Seeker

20,100 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Sarria_Holyfire

Relentless Seeker

20,100 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:47 pm
You can work coding in so many different ways, if you have questions feel free to ask me. Here is the coding for Arista's post above:

[code][align=center][size=16][color=#C80815]Princess Arista[/color][/size]
[img]http://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M0beccd3a05885a7762a06457570fe9d0H0&pid=15.1[/img]
[size=14][color=#CA226B]Triton's Fifth Daughter[/color][/size]
[size=10][color=#800020]◊≈◊[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?page=1&t=24917821#376275629]Profile[/url]◊≈◊[/color][/size][/align]

[align=left][size=10][color=#C80815]I want to go on an adventure...[/color][/size][/align]
[imgleft]http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/disney/images/4/4b/Arispic.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/214?cb=20140131051607[/imgleft]
[align=center]Walking out on a new day the sun was bright and the sky was her favorite color [color=#C80815]"it's beautiful today."[/color] The girl giggled and spun around enjoying the cool air. With a soft sigh she remembered she had to be somewhere [color=#CA226B]"do I have to?"[/color] Running off over the hills her hair trailed behind her tide in a pretty bow to match her lovely dress.

Reaching the vibrant town she waved to all the people peddling carts. No matter if she knew them or not the young girl always had bright spirits. Stopping at a bakery to sniff the fresh bead she was treated with a bun [color=#C80815]"thank you!"[/color] She exclaimed as she left looking for her friend. After a while she file met up with a lank boy not much older than herself. As she gave him as hug she pouted as the boy ruffled her hair [i][color=#CA226B]your lucky our parents are friends.[/color][/i] she thought defiantly as she blushed when the boy called her cute [color=#CA226B]"stop it."[/color] she mumbled knowing that it was going to be a very long day..

Walking out on a new day the sun was bright and the sky was her favorite color [color=#C80815]"it's beautiful today."[/color] The girl giggled and spun around enjoying the cool air. With a soft sigh she remembered she had to be somewhere [color=#CA226B]"do I have to?"[/color] Running off over the hills her hair trailed behind her tide in a pretty bow to match her lovely dress.

Reaching the vibrant town she waved to all the people peddling carts. No matter if she knew them or not the young girl always had bright spirits. Stopping at a bakery to sniff the fresh bead she was treated with a bun [color=#C80815]"thank you!"[/color] She exclaimed as she left looking for her friend. After a while she file met up with a lank boy not much older than herself. As she gave him as hug she pouted as the boy ruffled her hair [i][color=#CA226B]your lucky our parents are friends.[/color][/i] she thought defiantly as she blushed when the boy called her cute [color=#CA226B]"stop it."[/color] she mumbled knowing that it was going to be a very long day.[/align]
[align=right][size=10][color=#CA226B]...but what about the rules?[/color][/size][/align]

[size=8][color=#800020][i]What are my thoughts:[/i]
[i]My feelings:[/i]
[i]OOC:[/i]
[spoiler][quote=""][/quote][quote=""][/quote][quote=""][/quote][/spoiler][/color][/size]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:03 pm
looks good, Sarria. so this is a tutorial on coding?  

HelixMASON

Hesitant Gaian

10,875 Points
  • Member 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Fusion Novice 50

Sarria_Holyfire

Relentless Seeker

20,100 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:07 pm
HelixMASON

It is more of a learn by looking thing I got up but I can provide links to more detailed stuff as well as answer specific questions.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:56 pm
Sarria_Holyfire
HelixMASON

It is more of a learn by looking thing I got up but I can provide links to more detailed stuff as well as answer specific questions.

Okay. I'm doing my best to get the hang of coding, sarria.  

HelixMASON

Hesitant Gaian

10,875 Points
  • Member 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Fusion Novice 50

Sarria_Holyfire

Relentless Seeker

20,100 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:01 pm
HelixMASON
Sarria_Holyfire
HelixMASON

Okay. I'm doing my best to get the hang of coding, sarria.

Did you look up coding on Gaia at all?  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:42 pm
i am having problems getting my picture to show up when i post. what can i do to fix that?  

Reapers_Bride_Nyx

Dapper Smoker

2,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Trader 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Miss Shadow Night
Crew

Fashionable Gaian

26,315 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:12 pm
Fae_Long
i am having problems getting my picture to show up when i post. what can i do to fix that?

What is the anime right under your post. The picture well the picture sometimes happen like that. Ok when you see this when you click on IMG that is image. It will pop up this first "http://" take that when it pops up and then paste the picture in that. When you are done click on submit. that is when you will see the blue hat and with five figures. Click on it the picture will be there. If it doesn't work then pick a different picture to use it.
Fae_Long

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:23 pm
its called jigoku shoujo or hell girl in english  

Reapers_Bride_Nyx

Dapper Smoker

2,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Trader 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Sarria_Holyfire

Relentless Seeker

20,100 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:56 pm
ReapersBride_NyxDarkhaven

If you are having issues sending me the picture link and I will make it show for you.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:53 pm
ReapersBride_NyxDarkhaven
its called jigoku shoujo or hell girl in english

Thank you so much  

Miss Shadow Night
Crew

Fashionable Gaian

26,315 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
OOC