Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:34 pm
User Image

The white and pink lioness moved slowly through the combat routine, moving each limb as precisely as she could manage. Then, once she completed it, she ran through it again, this time at full speed.

Sedare exulted in the fact that she was able to do this, not simply without error, but at all. Breaker her leg as a child had been a stupid, idiotic move and while her mother had found ways to train her despite it, the leg had healed in time and now it was nearly impossible to know that it had ever been broken.

That was one thing about her mother. The pink lioness refused to let anything, including an injury, stand between her and a fight. Sedare was determined to be the same.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:44 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Vidette was observing her sister's routine, always impressed by the accuracy and solidity in how she executed them. Vidette leaned more towards power, but because of that her accuracy suffered. It was something that she felt like she should work on, but her mind always leaned more towards power rather than performance.

"Wow," Vidette said with a bob of her head. "Its like watching water flow through a stream; so fluid and smooth." Praise well deserved.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:47 pm
Sedare glanced over. She hadn't realized she had an audience. Vidette was as strong as many males when she executed her own attacks, but often missed her target entirely. Whereas Sedare was more concerned, as her sister had observed, with performing correctly.

"You could do it too, if you wanted," she pointed out nonchalantly. Her initial instinct had been to say that Mother could do it better, but that...might not be true anymore. In the past year, Sedare had noticed that the Master Warrior had begun to move even more deliberately and that she no longer demonstrated motions as readily as she once had.

Sedare was desperately afraid that her mother had the disease.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:59 pm
"I don't know," Vidette said with a shrug as she approached her sister to be a little closer to her. "I think by this point, if I'm not smooth with my execution it will never come. I'll just depend on the power of my hits to make up the difference." It was a bit of a crutch, and Vidette knew it....but she had never been able to get over that crutch and move on.

Sedare had clearly worked through her own setbacks.

"Its a pleasure to watch others train," she added on with a grin. "Let's me acknowledge my own limitations, at least."

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:03 pm
It was an argument they'd had before, power versus precision. And Sedare knew there was no changing Vidette's mind. But she'd had to say it anyway.

The young lioness had to give her sister a sharp grin about watching others train. Of course, she'd hated watching her siblings train with all their limbs intact while she was still recovering. But more importantly...

"I suppose, but we could always practice against each other," she offered. It was a fairly standard way for two of Mittere's kids to spend any amount of time with each other. Sedare wasn't winded from her workout, but she felt she'd practiced enough today that she wouldn't lose out too much if Vidette chose not to bout.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:18 pm
"Training together, huh?" It would be like old times! Old times that included Vidette not winning very many times because she wasn't very accurate...but hey, that was her fighting style.

"Y'know, I think that would be fun. Probably do that more often; if you're always so accurate, it'll force me to get more accurate or I'll always be the loser!" she exclaimed with a huff, knowing full well that she meant those words as much as she'd feel the blows.

Hopefully Mother wouldn't be watching with her hawk's eye....then Vidette was going to be under a lot of pressure to work on her accuracy again; something she dreaded with every fiber of her being. Mother was a tough teacher.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:22 pm
Blue eyes sparkled. She hadn't actually expected Vidette to take her up on the offer...but this was wonderful! Perfect even! The problem with doing routines and exercises was that while it reinforced how to do the moves and how they should feel, you couldn't simply rely on that in a fight against an actual opponent, who would have their own pattern of movements.

Ignoring, of course, the fact that Sedare had faced off against all of her siblings, including this particular sister, many times before.

The white and pink lioness began circling to her left, eyes on her sister as she smiled.

"There is always that," she agreed. "Who knows...you might actually learn something!"  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:32 pm
"This time, anyway," Vidette said as she mimicked her siblings, starting to pace around the dusty ground, keeping her eyes on her sister. She knew that she wasn't warmed up; wasn't in the right mindset for a serious duel; but this was going to be fun.

"After you win, I'm going to demand a rematch in a different terrain!" the pink lioness said, shaking her head to the side to push her bangs out of the way, laughing merrily.

"Then again, I'm not going to let you win so easily," she added on, feinting a rush to kick up more dirt and dust into the air.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:36 pm
Sedare moved easily out of Vidette's line of attack, even though it was a feint. Part of the trick, in this setting, was to keep moving, and to never let her opponent control her movements.

"It may not be easy, but we both know accuracy trumps power any day," the lioness taunted her sister. It was a loving taunt, but a taunt nonetheless. She herself swept a paw against the dusty ground, flicking up a pebble towards Vidette.

If it hit, and she wasn't trying to aim this time, it wouldn't do much damage. If it didn't, it would be about as distracting as her sister's feint.

She had to do something different every time, or else she'd become predictable. And Goddess help anyone Mother found being predictable. Sedare mentally winced as she imagined the punishment.

Ah well, there was a fight before her, and this was no time to be distracted. The white and pink lioness gave her full attention to her sister for the time being, resolving to return to her other thoughts...later.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:44 pm
"Heh," Vidette chuckled as the little pebble hit her side, making her side twitch. It was a playful response to her feint, and she enjoyed the little jab. It was how she played with her siblings, and she hoped it would never really change from that.

"I've been working on my endurance. Let's put it to the test."

This was going to be quite the sparring session, and the two of them would probably be exhausted by the end of it...but it would be worth it.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

[IC] Kitwana'antara Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas