Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:06 am
A Warning on the Wind

Welcome to the Kwa Kikombe's first META event! This is going to span over the course of many months, but it is starting today. It is going to bring a lot of changes to the Kwa Kikombe, some good, some not so good. The pride will remain sports based at its core, of course, but other things will start to morph as the META moves on.

There are opportunities for players to have their characters rise in the ranks, become intricate parts of the plot, and even a few prizes to win from time to time.

If you do not wish to partake in the META RPs, that is fine, but know that all changes will affect all members of the pride. Additionally, if you'd like your member to play a big part in the plot you'll need to be fairly active as far as RPing goes. If for some reason a change in the pride doesn't sit well with you and you don't want your character subjected to whatever new rules or ideologies that show up, just shoot me a PM and we can chat about how to proceed. I don't want anyone to feel uncomfortable with playing their characters. That being said, there will be no slave ranks or anything like that introduced.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:08 am
It was a fairly normal day in the Kwa Kikombe lands. The sun was bright, the grass was green, the water was cool, and there were voices and laughter everywhere. Kikombe was in full swing with teams practicing and holding games through the day, the spectators getting the best of the best in terms of entertainment. The rains had been quite good to the land this year so herd beasts were plentiful, providing the pride with a constant source of food.

The winds had started to blow from the east which was a bit strange, though. Usually the breeze usually came from the south or the west, rolling off the deserts that weren't too far, just on the other side of a small mountain range. The fact that it had switched directions didn't alarm most, but when a stranger appeared from the east it became clear something wasn't normal.

User Image

The white lioness padded slowly through the soft grass. She wasn't completely sure where she was going, but when the laughter and voices of others reached her ears something within her told her that she had found the pride she was looking for. Indeed, the scenery seemed to match her visions perfectly. There were breeds of all types living in harmony and not far off she could see the comfortable presence of the herd beasts. A sparkling ribbon of river was just visible in the distance as well. This was the place.

She continued to move forward, looking for someone to speak to. She needed to find someone who was in charge and speak to them.  

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:32 pm
User ImageUser ImageUser Image
|| Sienna ||
The medic was sitting nearby the playing field during some of the games that were going on, just in case there was an injury she would have to tend to. She did very much enjoy her job, mainly because she got to help others but also because she got to check out all the males as they played and of course treat them. What could she say, she always liked to watch an attractive male. She glanced around wondering if perhaps her brother was around but didn't see him yet, maybe he'd show up sooner than later. She did always enjoy time spent with her family.

So far the day seemed to be going quite well, nothing was out of the ordinary, at least from what she could tell and everyone was having a very grand time. She was pleased with herself as well and was actually hoping to get some time to herself a little bit later, but she would have to see.
|| Sanosuke ||
Sano was having a wonderful time practicing with some of the other players and hadn't really thought much about the change in wind. He was more focused on working on his techniques and perhaps catching the eye of one of the ladies spectating. He hadn't thought much about being a father because he was so into his position but he could always become a coach or switch to a different job. He hadn't really thought about it before but if he were to ever had any he would definitely make sure they were going to be well taken care of, no matter the sacrifice he'd have to make. He passed the ball to one of the other players and looked about the stands and saw Bhumi not to far away. Maybe he'd go and talk to her. After a few more rounds of practicing he decided to take a break and walked over to the light brown lioness. "Good afternoon Bhumi." He said smoothly as he approached. However his attention was stolen away by the approaching lioness. She was a little distance out still but she stood out against the green grass and dark background. "I'm sorry, I'll be right back.." He said giving Bhumi an apology.

He wondered if anyone else had spotted her, more particularly his father. Seeing he was the only one moving towards her it would seem he was the first to have seen her. As she and him closed the distance and he gave her a warm smile in welcome. "Hello stranger, what brings you this way on such a fine day?" He asked her curiously. "You're not lost are you?" He did know that was another possible option. Perhaps she was just a passing stranger, but who was to say and he'd find out soon enough.

|| Bhumi ||
As Bhumi watched the players practicing and a few of the games going on she noticed that Sano was glancing her way. Which honestly didn't happen... EVER. She really hadn't socialized with too many since having been found her as a cub with her brother. The leopardess that had raised them had been so kind to do so. Still made her wonder where her parents were, but she supposed it didn't matter. They had left her and her brother alone in the grasses of this pride so as far as she was concerned they didn't want anything to do with them. It was when Sano started walking towards her that she perked up just a little bit. Was he coming over to talk to her? "Oh, Hi Sano, you looked well practicing out there." She said with a shy smile. This was the first time she had ever spoken to him. She was about to say something else when he apologized and she followed his gaze to see the lioness. She wondered who it was too but stayed where she was. She was certain they could continue their conversation again when he came back. But still, he had spoken to her. This pleased her a great deal.

SilverLutz

Lirilei

~Kiana_Nala~"

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:29 pm
User Image
"Good!" Aka told Leilani with a smile. He watched as she darted quickly to block a shell the cheeton had batted in her direction from slipping by into the makeshift 'goal' they were practicing at. He was happy that the cheetah seemed to be improving as a goalie lately, after all they all needed to stay at the top of their game! Granted as far as he knew none of the three person team had competed in an official game as of yet, but staying sharp and focused was never a bad thing, now was it?

"Again?" He asked rather then told her. They had elected him Captain but he was still learning how to be good at the job. He was learning his new role among his small trio of a team just as much as he was learning to improve at playing Kikombe. Aka figured a good teaching method might be to let his teammates pick and choose when they wanted to push themselves... Honestly now that he considered it they really needed a trainer, but Aka shoved that thought away for a later date.

The cheeton hardly noticed as the wind shifted it's course. In fact he barely even gave it a second thought.

User Image
Leilani let out some feeble attempt of a battle-cry as she leap to block the shell Aka had sent whizzing towards the net. "Ha!" She yelped, and pounced on the moving object. A moment of glee overtook the youth as she realized she'd caught the shell and Leilani smiled widely with success.

"Yes!" She responded to Aka almost instinctively. Leilani lifted her head in pause however when a white lioness entered the area. Hmm? She didn't recognize that one, and she seemed stressed. Hmm, Leilani wondered what she was doing in the Kikom-

The cheetah twisted with near-horror on her features as another of the shells Aka had next to him went flying towards the goal. She tried to pounce and stop it but by then she had missed her chance and the puck was already in the net. She flattened her ears, but didn't appear all too-much disappointed. "Aw, drat."

SilverLutz

Cajanic
whole team practicing together?

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:12 am
The lioness didn't pause as a few creatures came towards her. This was what she had hoped for, after all. They didn't seem frightened of her, nor did they seem upset that she had wandered into their territory.That would, hopefully, make things a lot easier.

A green-tinged lion spoke first as he was the closest to her. She listened to his words, pausing in her walking so she wasn't rude or so she didn't accidentally pass the lion by.

"No, not lost," she said, her voice soft and gentle. She smiled a bit as she looked around at the fertile lands. This was certainly a lovely place to call home. Focusing her eyes back on the lion, she gave a little bow of her head. "I'm searching for one of the leaders of these lands. I come with news." She didn't say more than that and lifted her head, meeting Sano's gaze once more. "A lion...with remarkably similar markings to yours," she added, now that she had gotten a better look at him. The strange markings on the bridge of his nose and the lines coming down from one eye looked very familiar, although the colors were all wrong. Perhaps this was a son or brother of the lion she sought.

AstoriaFallen

CaliWolfe

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:34 am
|| Sienna ||
Sienna was unaware of most of what was going on. All of her attention was focused towards those playing on the field and practicing. So not much was really going on with her. She spotted Bhumi nearby and figured she'd call the lioness over to her for a chat. "Hey Bhumi, wanna join me? You look rather bored over there by yourself." She said to her as she then caught sight of sano and some random white lioness. Interesting. However she payed it no mind, it really wasn't of her concern, she was focused on the players. And chatting with Bhumi.

|| Sanosuke ||
He watched her for a few moments and listened as she said she was looking for one of leaders who looked like him. "Oh, you must be looking for my father then." He said with a nod. "Please, I can walk with you so you do not have to pause on your journey." He said offering to lead the way, though he wasn't exactly sure where his dad was at the moment. "I've never seen you before? Did someone send you here?" He asked her curiously as he looked at her as he spoke, his gaze flicked over to Bhumi and he gave her an apologetic sorry with his mouth and proceeded to lead the white lioness along. "Forgive me for being rude, my name is Sanosuke, what are you called?" He asked her.

|| Bhumi ||
She gave him a head nod in acceptance of his apology, she was sure she'd talked to him later. She was curious about the lioness but he was the leaders son so he liked to help when he could. Her ears perked as she caught the sound of Sienna calling to her and she turned her head and gave a small laugh. Did she look that lonely? She got up and went over to where the medic was and took a nice little seat next to her. "Did I really look that pathetic over that that you had to call me over here?" She giggled. "If so, thank you for saving me from such a sight." Her laughter was pure and she didn't mind joking around with the canine. "So tell me, how have you been? Anyone catch your eye yet? I see you checking everyone out." She said with another laugh. It was true, that girl was a hound for some of those men.

SilverLutz

Lirilei

~Kiana_Nala~

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:38 pm
Ah...his father. That made sense. The lioness nodded a bit, thankful for the information, and began to walk with the lion. As he spoke a small smile spread over his muzzle. "Not quite. I've come on my own," she said with a little shake of her head. Her gaze turned to the other creatures nearby, distracted for a moment by their enthusiastic...playing?

"...is that a tortoise shell?" she asked very softly, more to herself than to her companion. As he spoke again though, she turned to face him once more. "Sanosuke, it's a pleasure to meet you. I am Kōharā," she said, finally giving her own name.

OOC: Time to find Taji!

Kōharā needs to speak with Taji, pronto! Roll a 20 sided die each time you post. Make sure someone else posts before you do. When the combined total of the rolls equals 50, he'll show up. Get rollin'!

AstoriaFallen

CaliWolfe

CaliWolfe rolled 1 20-sided dice: 16 Total: 16 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:20 pm
Aka gave a laugh at Leilani's failure. "Better luck next time." He teased her with a grin. She seemed almost ready to pounce on Aka and wrestle him to the ground for that comment of his, but instead she just gave him a grin that mimicked his own.

"Let's take a break." He suggested. Aka wanted to take a moment to evaluate how to improve his playing performance. It was one of the few things the hybrid seemed to take very seriously, something he was aware that he took seriously. He interested in different paw techniques he could use when trying to bat the kikombe shell. Though it wasn't sprained he starred at his wrist, repeatedly turning it over trying to get a feel for the muscles and veins running through his paw. Batting the shell at certain angles seemed to cause him flicks of small pain. Maybe if he tried smacking it a different way or investing in gloves of some sort he'd be able to play more efficiently...

Aka didn't consider that standing there, twisting his paw around might come off as looking like he was injured. No, indeed that thought never came to his mind at all.

Leilani was thankful for the pause in their little practice session and made her way off the field, over more to where the spectators were standing. She noted that Sanosuke was talking with the white lioness now. Hmm. Maybe they knew each other? Wasn't impossible. Also was none of her business. The cheetah was quick to swerve her head away to focus on other things then who was talking with who right now. Like how to get back at Aka for surprising her while she was distracted like that. And also what to eat for lunch.

SilverLutz

AstoriaFallen

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

AstoriaFallen rolled 1 20-sided dice: 16 Total: 16 (1-20)

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:40 pm
[|| Sanosuke ||
He listened as he said she came on her own to speak to him. It was interesting to him, he was quite interested in what she needed to talk to him about, but he was fairly certain it would all come into the picture sooner than later. "It's a pleasure to meet you Kōharā." He said with a small nod of his head. "And yes, that is a tortoise shell. We use it to make goals between either end of the field." He said motioning to the point posts. "Would you like some water wile we wait for my father? I'm sure you're thirsty." He said offering to get her some refreshments.

b]|| Sienna ||
She giggled slightly at her words. "No, you didn't look pathetic." she said with a warm smile as the lioness joined her. "I've been fairing pretty well, what about yourself?" She asked her as the two made themselves comfortable. She gave her a side wards glance and gave a coy smile. "Who doesn't catch my eye." She said with a chuckle. "What about you? I see the way you are looking at Sanosuke." She said nudging her.

|| Bhumi ||
"I'm pleased to hear that you are well. I haven't been to bad myself!" She said with a nod of her head. "What? I don't know what you're talking about..." She said rather embarrassed that she had been found out for the most part. She did like Sano, but she wasn't sure if he felt the same in return.

Total: 36

I dropped the ball. -_-
SilverLutz

Lirilei

~Kiana_Nala~

CaliWolfe
We rolled the same number!

belloblossom rolled 1 20-sided dice: 14 Total: 14 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:33 pm
User Image

Hali

Hali had been playing with Sanosuke's group, but the leopon was far too interested in his game to notice that one of his team mates had left. He had no problem with picking up the extra slack, thinking of it as a way to boost his stamina for the game.

To Hali, the game was his everything. As the son of Taji, one of the most respected leaders of the pride Hali had the pressure of living up to those expectations others may thrust upon him. As a hybrid, he was able to double his chances of being a great player, as he poseesed abilities from two species, instead of one. Unfortunately, as a hybrid, he was unable to have a genetic family of his own. He had heard stories of fertile hybrids, but he believed them to be as rare as sightings of the gods.

Instead of pining over the inability to produce a family, Hali had pushed himself even harder to become the best Player he could be. At least this way, he wouldn't have to worry about being distracted with fatherhood, right?

When the group called for a break, Hali's chest was heaving and it was only then that he turned away from the clearing and the tortoise shell within it. Not too far away, he noticed various Spectators for the game he played and smiled at them. He wondered what they thought of him. He hoped that whatever they thought, were good things. As he was turning his head back to the game, he found a flash of white catch his attention and he turned his eyes upon an ivory lioness. Accompanying her was Sanosuke, his half brother, though he rarely spoke to him outside of when they were playing together. Ears perking in interest, he couldn't help but go over to them.

"Hey, Sanosuke." He greeted the lion with a smile, turning the same smile onto the lioness. He was certain that he had never seen her before. He would have remembered such a vivid coat. "Who's your friend?"

AstoriaFallen

SilverLutz

CaliWolfe

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:07 am
[|| Sanosuke ||
His gaze turned as Hali approached and he smiled warmly at his half brother. On the field things could get quite competitive as his brother actually had a one up on him, being a hybrid, but he still gave it his all. It seemed kinda unfair that he could be the ultimate player but the inability to have a family and here he was, with no family yet and he was able to sire one if he so chose. "Hey Hali, this is Kōharā, she's looking for our father. Have you seen him?" He asked looking around some more to see if he was anywhere close by. He should be showing up soon. It wasn't in him to be away from the field when players were playing or practicing. "You looked good out there." He said giving him a warm smile.

|| Sienna ||
She waved a paw at her and chuckled. "Oh please, I've seen the way you look at him." She said with a wink. She understood the lioness was embarrassed, but she had no reason to be in her eyes. "You should just tell him how you feel. You never know." She said giving her a small nudge. "Besides, I'd love to find me a hunk to settle down with but it's slim pickings." She said with a small smile.

|| Bhumi ||
She gave a small shrug of her shoulder and mulled the idea over in her head. "I suppose I could, but I don't know where to start..." She said trailing off. Her gaze shifted over towards the male and the foreign female. "What do you think she wants? She seemed to appear from no where." She said watching as Hali approached the pair on the field and started talking to them.

Total: 50 I find it mildly amusing that it took us 3 rolls to get to 50. XD

SilverLutz

belloblossom
YAY 50! And i didn't realize you had his half brother ;u; we should do family rp sometime.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:40 pm
"Very interesting," Kōharā said softly, watching those that were still playing carefully. She had never seen anything like this before and was certainly interested, her mission for the moment forgotten. It wasn't until Sanosuke mentioned his father that she recalled her reason for coming, and she shook her head.

"No, thank you. I had some not long ago," she said with a kind smile as a leopon made his way over to them. He shared a few color similarities with the lion by her side, like the brown ears and front right paw, and she wondered if they were related. Sanosuke introduced her and she gave a little bob of her head in greeting, but she was soon distracted by a booming voice.

"Did I hear someone was looking for me?"

User Image

Taji grinned as he finally arrived on the scene. "Sorry about that, got a little caught up at the river with an elephant. It's great to see everyone out practicing, though." He passed by Sienna and Bhumi with a grin, pausing to give a nod to Aka and Leilani as well. He loved seeing stronger players helping out those that needed some work. His attention was on his two sons and the stranger, though, and he didn't pause until he reached them.

"Sanosuke, Hali," he greeted them, all smiles and warmth in his voice. His eyes finally settled onto the pale lioness, who in turn looked at him with wide eyes.

"And who is this?"

"I'm Kōharā," she said in return, bobbing her head once more in respect. "I come bearing news."

"News?" Taji repeated, tilting his head a bit to the side. "What kind of news?"

"News of trouble," she said very softly. "I...I'm a Seer and I had a vision not too long ago. I..." She paused, looking at the small crowd around her. "Do you wish for me to tell you here and now?"

Taji's warm face had turned a bit dark, a frown furrowing his brows. Trouble hadn't been in these lands for many years, not since he was a cub. "This is a very open pride and I don't wish to keep anything from those that dwell within it, so you're free to speak here."

Kōharā nodded and took a slow breath before pressing on. "A few moons ago I had a vision. It was of these lands, of you, some of those gathered here, even," she said, looking out at all the animals speckled across the grounds. "And another...a cub. A cub that looks like you, with the mark here." She paused to lift a paw to her face, indicating the three lines coming down from Taji's eye. "Then there was blood. Death. Feelings of fear and terror."

She fell silent after that, lowering her head a bit in shame. She didn't enjoy having visions of this nature, but it seemed to be the only kind she ever had. Lifting her head once more, she faced the now stony Taji with determination. "I came to warn you and your pride. I don't know you, any of you, but I could never wish something like that upon anyone."

Taji was silent for some time before he stood and nodded. "Thank you for the warning Kōharā. Please, stay with us a while so you can rest. My sons will see to it that you are given a tour of the area and will be shown where you may sleep. I must go speak with Howahkan."

With that he turned to go, a quick trot in his step as he went. Kōharā watched him go, feeling awful but accomplished at the same time. She had delivered her message and had warned the pride. Now she only hoped they'd be able to stop...whatever or whoever it was that would bring dark times to the pride.

(OOC: This is the last official post in this META! Feel free to keep talking to get your RP count up. Kōharā will stick around if anyone wants to speak with her. Keep your eyes out for more META RPs in the near future)

AstoriaFallen

CaliWolfe

belloblossom

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:19 pm
[|| Sanosuke ||
As if by magic their father appeared and he gave a small bow of his head to him as he and the stranger began talking. What she said was definitely not something to be taken lightly. He hadn't much experience with seers before but he would never doubt their abilities or ignore what they've said. Watching his father leave he turned to look at her. "Shall we go this way then?" He said guiding her towards the in-lands of their pride.

|| Sienna ||
I guess we're going to find out soon enough, there is Taji now." She said watching the lion approach and she gazed over at Bhumi. "What do you think their talking about? Lets get closer." She said as she walked within earshot and listened to what was going to come to pass. She gave a small frown and looked at Bhumi, "I hope that everything ends up working out in the end." She said softly. "Come, let's go find us something to eat." She said as she turned and left.

|| Bhumi ||
Bhumi was quite surprised by the lionesses words, it wasn't common for those with the gift of sight to see things that other's could not but something like that sounded quite terrible. "I hope it all works out too." She said looking over towards Sano. She hoped his brother would be okay, whichever one it was. "Yes, let's go and fill our minds with other things." She said following her friend.

belloblossom

Silver Lutz

This is post five for me  
[IC] Kwa Kikombe Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas