Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Motoujamii-Simo Lands [IC]
[PRP] Making Rounds (Shoidan x Kaishori)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:34 pm
User Image

Shoidan flexed his claws, a playful smile on his face. It was funny, the way him and all of his siblings had massive growth spurts recently. He was among the largest, but the rest of them were much to reckon with. Overall, it made the lion quite happy. His mane had come in full and thick, and he enjoyed the newfound ease with which he could move, finally having grown into his previously too-massive paws.

Now that he was a Soldier, Shoidan had begun to take his duties very seriously - even when he was not actually supposed to. He enjoyed round-the-clock patrolling, knowing he probably looked impressive prowling around the pride in his newly-grown form. Not only did he get to show off his new position, but it opened up the opportunity to meet new lions from the pride that he may not stumble upon otherwise.

This was what the lion was doing now - prowling throughout the pridelands, attempting to look somewhat important and as if he knew what he was doing. Cavalierly, he scanned the faces he passed, seeking any glimmer of interest in the eyes of another.

Polette

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:56 pm
User Image

Bouncing slightly as she walked, Kaishori nodded her head as she passed her fellow pride members. As proud and confident as she had been ever since she won her way into the pride, she couldn't help but always notice the size difference; she was almost a full two paw widths smaller than most of the pride. She had never let her small stature deter her, though - if anything, it had pushed her into more duels and fights than other soldiers. She was proud of how far she'd come, so she pushed the comparisons out of her mind.

There wasn't really anything that she was supposed to be doing at the moment. She wasn't marked for a patrols right now, but strolling around the pride was still one of her favorite pastimes. It helped her feel more social, and also know if there was anyone knew around.

Speaking of, her eyes soon found themselves on a male she only kind of recognized. He was dark, and obviously larger than her. She'd seen him around the barracks once or twice recently, so he must be a fairly new soldier. Or at least, that's what she thought. She adjusted her walking course toward his, though she debated not saying a word to him because he looked like he was doing something important.

Ruler of Everything

Polette
Crew

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:23 am
His ever-vigilant eyes had been scanning the surrounding lions when he noticed a female headed towards him. Shoidan had not noticed her walking towards him before, which must indicate that she veered course. Odd. She seemed to be walking purposefully, shoulders square and all, and the male wondered idly if he'd seen her around before - was she a fellow Soldier? But really, everyone in the pride walked that way, all angry and full-of-themselves. She could be anyone.

As the lioness moved closer, Shoidan noticed her stature was much smaller than that of any other girls he interacted with. That usually indicated someone as a rogue - not of natural Firekin blood. Although that typically wasn't looked down upon, Shoidan had been taught to respect them even moreso than normal. There was something to be said about an individual who was not bred for size and fighting to feel confident and comfortable enough earning their way into the pride. Of course, this meant that he had to speak to her. Not really able to think of anything to say, Shoidan stumbled out, "Excuse me, do I know you?" Stemming from the idea that she may be a fellow Soldier. After all, he was only recently promoted, and there were what seemed to be hundreds of Soldiers - it wouldn't be too unheard of for him to not recall meeting her.

Polette

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:30 pm

As she neared, Kaishori could tell she had gained his attention. A slight smile grew on her face, but she soon realized that she hadn't really thought any of this out. What was she planning on saying to him? Just a casual conversation? Should she ask about his duties? Or why she'd never seen him around before? As his own words slipped out, thoughts tumbled around in her head. She had never been very good at conversations.

"Oh, no, I don't believe you do." She gave him a smile, her words finally coming to her. "I was just walking around, and when I saw you, I thought you looked kind of familiar. Have I seen you around the barracks recently?" Her eyes were hopeful; she had had so little interaction with her fellow soldiers on a social level, she was really hoping that maybe this one could be a new friend.

Ruler of Everything

Polette
Crew

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:56 am
At the mention of the barracks, Shoidan's eyes lit up. The squaring of his shoulders was visible along with the puffing of his chest. He tried to look less excited, but it wasn't working. "Who? Me? Oh, probably, I'm everywhere these days." He faux nonchalantly flexed his claws, inspecting them for a second. "I'm a newly promoted soldier, but I think I really have a lot to offer. It's not wonder you've seen me around." The lion shrugged, attempting to keep up the calm, cool, collected exterior for as long as possible.

Which, as it turns out, wasn't long. Glancing back at the female, he remembered that he didn't know her name - and she didn't know his! What a travesty that was - hadn't his mom taught him better manners? She would be ashamed. Almost immediately, his posture softened and he spat out, "I'm Shoidan, by the way," stumbling a bit over his words. He always was quite the mess, it didn't matter who he was speaking to. Social graces didn't come all that easily to him; that was probably why he was a fighter. "Who, uh... are you?" He glanced at her, grimacing a bit.

Polette

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:41 pm

Ah, so she had seen him! Kaishori allowed a small smile to creep onto her face knowing she hadn't just been seeing red. "Oh? Newly promoted?" Not being born to the pride, Kaishori had sometimes forgotten how exciting it was to grow up and rise through the ranks. "Congratulations! I'm sure we're lucky to have you with us!" She grinned, but squared her posture up quickly after remembering that not everyone here took to her almost extreme kindness.

"Shiodan? It's nice to meet you!" If he hadn't come out and introduced himself first, she would be quick to try and learn his name. "I'm Kaishori." She dipped her head slightly, a habit she had picked up from her mother before she came to these lands. She had become so outwardly kind and cheerful that sometimes her shift into 'fight mode' left some of her fellow soldiers surprised and a little put-off. "You really look like quite the soldier." She meant it as a compliment - her small stature meant a lot of her pride assumed that she was a cub-sitter or storyteller.

Ruler of Everything

Polette
Crew

[IC] Motoujamii-Simo Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas