Submit

Shiningdragon21

Omnipresent Mystic

15,190 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:56 pm
Well just returned home from Ikkicon down in Austin, Texas. Smaller convention that I have gone to 2 years in a row now. Have to say in some ways I hated the venue change to where it was. I liked it being in the middle of Austin over by 6th street cause it had alot of good photo places. I will say that while I disliked the movement at first after scoping out the place I quite loved the hotel it was placed in more then the last. The con felt Loads more spacious with the panels now in side rooms and the large open floor spaces added in. Outside of the hotel it made up for what it last quite well tho the woodland backdrops did get played out kinda quickly. All in all I would say the con has grown well since last year. Being that I hate going to panels and prefer to wander and take pictures I can't comment on the panels and stuff at all. stare stare Oh well from the experience I have to give it a solid 80% enjoyment rating. Was still a blast and with added space to walk around in I had more fun cosplaying and getting photos. Just a little blathering from a dragon.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:31 pm
The anime convention I go to - Kumoricon - is both changing venues and time of year it's happening. While it'll be different having it at a different location than usual, I'm already familiar with the venue because it's where another convention I've regularly attend (Wizard World Portland Comic Con) happens. The anime con has been growing quite a bit and has been overgrowing the original locale, so the change will be good. It'll be interesting having it at a different time of year though.

Another convention I regularly attend - Emerald City Comicon - has new ownership, so it'll be interesting to see how it differs from previous years. So far, in terms of guest list, it's been a bit disappointing. There's still people I want to see but it's not as much of a contest on choosing who I'll be focusing my time on like I've done in the past. It'll also be different this year because my friends and I are only attending for one day rather than doing the full convention like we've done in the past.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
"COS" ^Can O Spam^

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers