Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:42 pm
It's been an emotionally draining past couple of days, and I'm absolutely exhausted now. But I still have so much to do before I go back up to school on Saturday Sunday (even my brain is malfunctioning). emotion_facepalm I need motivation to do it all...

And I hurt because of work. I have these huge bruises/welts on my left leg from smacking into the carts and display tables all the time. It hurts to wear pants. gonk

[/complaints]  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:51 pm
In sorry to hear that Hiddochi. All I can do is tell you to rest when you have the chance. And give you a hug across the interwebs, not as good as a real hug but it's the best I can do. *hugs*  

wolf_with_a_dragon

Fallen Avenger

8,250 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Different...Very.

Distinct Dabbler

16,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Josie 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:43 pm
What do you do besides sleep and food to recharge?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:11 am
Different...Very.
What do you do besides sleep and food to recharge?
Basically just time alone. Usually spent on the computer. I SHOULD be practicing my viola, which can also be relaxing, but I just haven't felt like it. Maybe I will when I get home today (on break at work right now).  

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:19 pm
I got to see a good friend of mine, my former robotics coach, today and just talking with him made me feel a lot better. We didn't even talk about my personal dilemmas, but he's so much like me that just being around him helps me find myself again. I'm glad for that.

Doesn't help the physical exhaustion, though. @_@ Ugh It's so hard to keep my eyes open, but it'd hurt my pride to go to bed any earlier than 10. Haha  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:23 pm
Hiddochi wolf
I got to see a good friend of mine, my former robotics coach, today and just talking with him made me feel a lot better. We didn't even talk about my personal dilemmas, but he's so much like me that just being around him helps me find myself again. I'm glad for that.

Doesn't help the physical exhaustion, though. @_@ Ugh It's so hard to keep my eyes open, but it'd hurt my pride to go to bed any earlier than 10. Haha

Lol, it's good to have a mirror-like friend. emotion_hug
Worried you'll seem old if you go to sleep whenever you're tired? You know, my grandparents sometimes stay up until 1 or 2am watching tv. There's no more stigmas about any behaviors, man! Obey your body!  

Different...Very.

Distinct Dabbler

16,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Josie 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:54 pm
Different...Very.
Hiddochi wolf

Lol, it's good to have a mirror-like friend. emotion_hug
Worried you'll seem old if you go to sleep whenever you're tired? You know, my grandparents sometimes stay up until 1 or 2am watching tv. There's no more stigmas about any behaviors, man! Obey your body!

Pfft, if I obeyed my body I'd be sleeping like 18 hours a day. xd I'm ALWAYS tired, it's ridiculous.
My dad goes to bed at about midnight and wakes up the same time I do (5:30AM), and he's waaay more awake than I ever am at that time even though I go to bed at 10. It's kinda dumb, haha. lol And don't even get me started about mom; she just doesn't sleep.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:02 pm
I flushed my system out and started eating all super healthy with organic foods and little to no meat, less sugary processed things, and less dairy products and all that. I had SOOO MUUUUUCH ENERGYYYY once my previous diet was actually gone. I was waking up without alarms after 6 hours of sleep, getting s**t done, thinking more clearly omg.

This weekend I splurged on Hoppin' Johns (red beans & rice seasoned with turkey necks or something), apple pie, wine, buttery butter beans, buttery rice, brownies... and now the bed is a magnet again. In high school I would sleep twelve hours, and it's like I'm back to it again. I couldn't even run 10,000 steps like I'd been doing this entire months. I barely made it half that count.

Diet has a huge factor in energy levels, I'm a full on believer now.

Would you say you eat a lot of processed foods, sugars, dairy products?  

Different...Very.

Distinct Dabbler

16,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Josie 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:27 pm
Different...Very.
I flushed my system out and started eating all super healthy with organic foods and little to no meat, less sugary processed things, and less dairy products and all that. I had SOOO MUUUUUCH ENERGYYYY once my previous diet was actually gone. I was waking up without alarms after 6 hours of sleep, getting s**t done, thinking more clearly omg.

This weekend I splurged on Hoppin' Johns (red beans & rice seasoned with turkey necks or something), apple pie, wine, buttery butter beans, buttery rice, brownies... and now the bed is a magnet again. In high school I would sleep twelve hours, and it's like I'm back to it again. I couldn't even run 10,000 steps like I'd been doing this entire months. I barely made it half that count.

CHEESE IS LOVE. CHEESE IS LIFE.

But yeah, my diet is s**t compared to what it was last year. Upper-level engineering classes have me like "Microwave popcorn is food, right?" lol

I did notice when I went off of wheat/gluten in high school, my energy level increased from what it was before. Then I discovered I'm most likely Celiac, so it all made sense. Which also means that dairy is almost guaranteed to be a problem for me as well, because apparently the molecular structure of dairy is nearly identical to the structure of gluten, and the body is too dumb to differentiate the two when digesting them. But I love my cheese too much, man. I hardly eat any meat when I'm not at home, so cheese is my main source of protein. And I'm allergic to soy, so I can't use any of the fake cheeses or tofus. emotion_facepalm  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:04 pm
Hiddochi wolf
Different...Very.

CHEESE IS LOVE. CHEESE IS LIFE.

But yeah, my diet is s**t compared to what it was last year. Upper-level engineering classes have me like "Microwave popcorn is food, right?" lol

I did notice when I went off of wheat/gluten in high school, my energy level increased from what it was before. Then I discovered I'm most likely Celiac, so it all made sense. Which also means that dairy is almost guaranteed to be a problem for me as well, because apparently the molecular structure of dairy is nearly identical to the structure of gluten, and the body is too dumb to differentiate the two when digesting them. But I love my cheese too much, man. I hardly eat any meat when I'm not at home, so cheese is my main source of protein. And I'm allergic to soy, so I can't use any of the fake cheeses or tofus. emotion_facepalm
LOL, cheese gets to me sometimes too although I'm trying to be as vegetarian as possible. It's just such a great alternative to seasoning things. I limit myself in which cheeses I eat. That's about as good as it gets. Feta, good, parmesan. Cheddar was my favorite, so sometimes it catches my eye in the store or on the menu like " emotion_kirakira you're just gonna walk by me like I don't matter?" and I have to pause and consider, but I'M STRONG, DAMNIT! It's like this boyfriend I broke up with for to focus on my career. He wasn't bad, I just couldn't deal with having to split my time between a career I didn't care too much for in its beginning stages but knew I wanted, and a relationship that felt so good I didn't want to be on time for my appointments. Yes, I just related an ex-boyfriend to cheese. cheese_whine  

Different...Very.

Distinct Dabbler

16,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Josie 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Different...Very.

Distinct Dabbler

16,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Josie 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50