Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands [IC]
[PRP] Oh gods what do? (Kaiaka x Tiwala)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:55 pm
AIM RP between Painted Moose and me.

A beautiful ocean sunset. Kaika found himself restless as of late so enjoying the afternoon on the beach was to be expected. Really the lion could not seem to stop pacing the sands. Normally he would be out floating amongst the waves and taking the chance to relax, but even then his mind tormented him. Truly he had never felt so worried before. So many thoughts of how to go about things of what could go wrong tore at him. He had managed to fix up a new den, but that meant nothing if he had it alone.

Just how was he supposed to propose to her?

Stories the story teller found often offered complications even to the simplest of love tales. Love…Kaiaka groaned quietly under his breath. Who thought that the bug would finally catch up to him? Life was much simpler when he was just out in the ocean drifting away. Now that he found his heart attached to another the lion found that he was much more grounded than before. Suddenly his world was opened, but inwards in a way that he had never experienced before. Stories and tales had taken his mind far away with their words, but now he was finding his attention settled more on the Bahari itself and the pride members, especially a certain member, than before.

i]Another sunset, another day gone. Tiwala yawned into the evening air, finishing with a few satisfying stretches. His wings gave a flurry of movement behind him before finally coming to a solid rest. Even for a God he was a bit odd. Perhaps it was because of his mortal siblings that he liked spending more time with mortals than his own kind. Gods seemed too...stiff for his liking. Too weighed down with their domains. Tiwala preferred the comforts of conversation, which is why he was exploring other prides for the first time in this lifetime.

He had landed on a beach earlier in the day, and had spent most of it exploring as a little blue crab. How odd these lions were! Swimming, 'surfing', wearing shells; it was wonderful. But now, now one was pacing and hadn't seemed to notice the God that was nearly upon him. Despite being a mere adolescent, as a God, Tiwala still stood taller than most Firekin. He watched him for a while before opening his mouth to speak. "If you keep walking around like that you'll make a pit and bury yourself. I wouldn't advise it."

“It may be preferable in this case.” Replied Kaiaka automatically before turning towards the newcomer, “It may make an interesting tale for you to take back to the god haven. The story of the mere mortal who managed to dig his way to the center of the world with his worries.” Sighing, the lion attempted to force his paws to stop before he moved forward towards the ocean itself. Just enough water to wet his sore paw pads, the hot sands were rough on them after all.

Perhaps another would have been shocked or in disbelief, but for a story teller who often dreamed of wondrous things and told their tales a god was to be expected. Surely it had been bound to happen. That or perhaps the sun was casting an illusion in his mind from his weariness. Still as Kaiaka stared over into the glistening ocean he had to calm his racing heart and mind. One more peek to confirm that yes there was a god standing there made him chuckle, “I guess it really was bound to happen.” The story teller glanced over towards the god with a small smile, “Pray to tell me why you would chose to show yourself to a mortal like me? I’m not even telling tales like usual today.” One would hope that perhaps an interesting tale would have enticed a god into appearing, but for Kaiaka he doubted his pacing was that interesting.

"If and when I go back, I may bring your story with me, then." Tiwala wasn't expecting a reaction; his life until then had consisted of pridal life with mortals, so at this stage he thought himself as nothing more than a rather large, winged lion.

Although, he would have been lying if he didn't think the second peek wasn't worth a grin.

"I came to the coastline to visit with a friend of my father's, so you should probably count yourself lucky it's only me you've seen today. He's far less...personable." That was...one way of describing the God of Bones. The only thing that tended to break him from his melancholy was his little sea side 'family', but Tiwala doubted that joy carried into this pride as well. "I have to admit, you've caught my interest. What has you so worked up? "

Kaiaka chuckled, “I prefer to barter stories for new ones, you know.” Surely a god would have a few good tales to spread. The lion couldn’t help but to finally just glance over the god. He seemed to be more of a gentle spirit than some of the blood curling ones Kaiaka had heard of. Was this their god of the ocean, perhaps? Honestly he didn’t know what to expect.

Oh? Kaiaka laughed, “Perhaps you can hear my thoughts then. I was just wondering how I was lucky to run into a gentler god than those I had also heard of.” He shook his head, “As it is my mind is such a mess that I’m glad no foul god came across me today. I don’t think I could have talked my way out of that encounter.” The story teller couldn’t help but to sigh as the question finally came across, “Something trivial to most, I suppose.”

He stared back out towards the ocean with a wistful expression crossing his face, “I was a dreamer once and always thought that my heart belonged to the ocean waves. Telling stories was my life, but now a lioness has crossed into it. I’m afraid I’m just worried about how to propose my feelings towards her.” He chuckled lightly, “Seems silly, right?” So many others were constantly having families and he saw young lovers all the time. How was it that he stumbled more than he walked when it came to Huwa then?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:15 pm
Sabra Knight

Barter, hmm? Tiwala might have a tale or two this lion would be interested in. If it came to it then he would share his information, but as he hadn't been formally asked, he felt no need to divulge the information. His big, fat paws sunk in the sand as he padded down closer to the water. Perhaps it was because of his mother, but Tiwala always felt calmer around water. Of course, she had also shown him reason to fear it, but today was a gentler time.

"Your neighboring pride boasts two that I know of. One that is known to them, and another that hides." He sat himself just far enough in the water so that when the waves brushed up against him they covered his paws. A very soft, very knowing smile crossed Tiwala's maw. "Ah, love. It doesn't seem silly to me at all. Love is a very potent emotion. I am both envious of you, and yet, glad I'm not in your paws." He chuckled lightly. "It seems to me that if you love this lioness that you should talk to her. My parents are very open about their love, and from what my father says he never hid it from her."

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:08 pm
Painted Moose

"You must pay really close attention to mortals to know their stories." Replied Kaiaka with interest. It wasn't often that he heard tales of gods who graced mortals with their presence so willingly. Often those tales turned into mortals becoming a god's amusement. However, those were just tales yet here was a breathing god before him, "While our neighbors do boast of two gods, I've had chances to collect tales from wandering rogues. Some may be too fantastic to believe, but they are good for telling to cubs."

Kaiaka smiled with amusement and relief both, "So you don't mock my plight then. It's funny how I once thought it would be such an easy thing...fall in love and then create my own tale by conquering all challenges towards that end goal." He shrugged, "Perhaps it just feels too easy?" The lion shook his head, "Since it seems so simple, I suppose my mind is still waiting for that challenge. Or perhaps I'm just too busy doubting myself and fear rejection."

Not really. Tiwala thought with an amused grin. If only this mortal knew just how closely he was connected to the mortal world. It might have ruined his image of Gods, however, so sagely he kept his mouth shut. "Stories like that are fun to hear, though I much prefer the truth. It makes heroes more believable, and allows one to see the beauty in everyday life."

Ah, now this was a challenge, then. "Trust in yourself. Your heart knows the way far better than your mind. Think of it as your core; if what it says is true and noble, then it will resonate with the one inside your lady love. I know it seems a little easy and far fetched, but the more you dwell on this the more clouded your judgement will become."

Hmm." Kaiaka nodded slowly as he mulled the words over in his mind, "I suppose that is true. Some though just have to enjoy a bit of the fantastic, it gives them a break away from the stress of life. Though life itself can be very beautiful indeed." A light flush decorated his face as he imagined the lioness who personally made it so.

Kaiaka laughed quietly, "It does sound too easy for me. I suppose though the fact that she's managed to catch my heart was a feat in itself." His gaze gleamed, though a hint of worry still stayed. "Even if I'm rejected at least I'll have experienced the joys of gaining the feelings in the first place." He shrugged lightly, "So you suppose I should tell her soon then?"

Perhaps it was best then if he left this god to his way so that he too could go on his, "May I know who you are?" He asked suddenly with a small smile, "So I can have some memory of who to thank later for their inspiration?"

"You should. It may seem difficult now, but better to have love and lost than never to love at all." Or so his father had told him. For a time his father had been worried his mother would run off with her old mate, but ultimately love had won out. Hopefully that would hold true here.

"My name is Tiwala, and I am the God of Trust." Who better to believe than him? Tiwala wouldn't lead him astray, not of if he could help it. "Now go, and tell her what you feel. The night is young." Grinning, Tiwala fluttered his wings a bit before taking flight, keen on returning home.

Kaiaka smiled as Tiwala left. The god of Trust. Surely that would be a good sign to at least attempt confessing his feelings to Huwa. Waving off after the disappeared god the story teller turned before diving into the ocean. A swim back home would help clear his mind and hopefully his nerves as well.

He had a lioness to confess to after all.

[IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games