Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:56 am
Tanakako

She nodded her head, she was sure her mother wouldn't mind catching up with Sanele. "I think she would like that." She looked around at all the others who were joining them in the area. The hunters had a good turnout to send them off, she hoped it would bring them luck.

"This is true... Did you see the male that beat Jasiri?" She said looking over at the brown male. He looked familiar to her, though she couldn't recall his name. "He looks familiar to me. He was here before wasn't he?" She asked her curious. She was sure she knew him, but probably never talked to him.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:26 pm
Intuthu flicked her ears at Jagazi's comment about Andhaka joining the hippo hunt, her expression conveying mild ambivalence. "I don't know what is normal for this sort of thing," she confessed. Sometimes being a newcomer made her a little uncomfortable, even as relaxed and easy-going as she was. One difficult aspect of having a new home was learning all the ins and outs, the traditions and expectations that came naturally to anyone born into that pride. The good news is that, being new and known as new, she usually wasn't expected to grasp those sorts of things right off the bat.

She then turned to both the pregnant lionesses. "Forgive me, but I don't remember your names just now. Would you mind enlightening me? Especially if I get to be of some assistance." She smiled benevolently, then shook her head at Han's question. "No, I've had no litters of my own, but I have helped with those of my family before we left." She paused, holding herself still for a moment, a shadow flicking across her face. She did miss them, even though she'd had no issues leaving to find a new place in the world for herself and her sister. The moment passed swiftly, and she returned to her pleasant conversation. "I think my twin wants a litter soon, but I'm in no hurry," she confessed. "It's fun to help with little ones and then go back to a quiet, peaceful den." She wrinkled her nose in an amused look. "My time will come someday, though, I'm certain." She gave a momentary purr of contentment. This was a good place to be, no question.

Tanakako

SilverLutz

Annchen

Talencia

Blessed Friend

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:57 pm
"Oh, I'm so sorry...I'm Nehanda," Han said with an apologetic tone to her voice. How rude of her. "I'm sure you'll have your pawsful if you like to help out, though. There's lots of new litters and more on the way other than just ours." She nodded to the lioness beside her as well, a tiny smile back on her face.

"And...well. It's not normal because the females usually do the hunting and the males stay here to protect the pride. But this is a rather dangerous hunt so I can see why he went. It's the first time there's been a hunt that's targeted something so large and dangerous."

Talencia

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:41 am
Dania liked to listen, and it was even nicer when she was included. Han was an undemanding companion and while Dania had known the lioness like she knew most of the pride, she wondered for the first time if they could possibly become friends. It would be nice to have another lioness who stayed with the pride to talk to…

Blinking her bright blue eyes she blushed. “Oh! I’m sorry. I’m Dania. I have a twin called Kania, if you see me around but I’m not me..” Pausing she flushed again. That had sounded really dumb. Ah.. well, she could only hope the lionesses around her would forgive her. Still warm-cheeked she smiled shyly at Han.

Nodding at Han’s words she glanced towards where the hunting party had gone. “They could also meet a rogue male or two, so having him there is a good idea…” She worried, not only for Ilanga and her vulture companion, but for all the lionesses. At least with Andhaka near they would have some protection.

SilverLutz

Talencia

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:12 am
Sanele beamed happily. It had been a while since she had caught up with the older lioness. Glancing over at Gabedi she nodded. "Yes, of course." She replied, turning back with a twinle in her eye. "Why didn't you ask earlier. That is Gabedi. he was born here before leaving as all young males do. He came back briefly around the time Bangizwe arrived, he was apparently near by when those horrid rogues attacked some of our lionesses." Sanele herself hadn;t bene involved in that horrid episode, but she had got the lowdown from those who had been there, after they had recovered of course.

"Now it seems that he wanted to come back and so he challanged Jasiri. Poor guy..." She sighed softly. She adored her pride-family, but Jasiri had been unrelated to any of them and an ideal candadate for breeding. Having one of their own males return made it slightly more awkward for some. "He apparently had an injury from an earlier fight, Gabedi came along after he had already fended off seceral rogues." Sanele had been fond of Jasiri, he had been a nice, respectful male and with the aformentioned breeding quilities. Still, she wa shappy to see a Bonelands son again, so few of them ever returned once they had grown into their mane. She had missed Laini's brief return when he dropped off his two bright blue raindrop cubs with his mother.

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:09 am
"Oh, that's fun," Han said with a little grin. A twin...she had a few siblings of her own but none of them were twins. To have someone that looked almost like you would certainly be fun for cubs, too. Playing pranks on other lions...oh, that sounded great. She hoped none of her cubs would be too similar in appearance.

"If I see 'you' and call out but 'you don't respond, I'll know it's your twin." Dania and Kania...her mother must have confused them frequently. "It's nice to formally meet you," she added with a little nod. "This pride is so large sometimes it's hard to put names with faces."

Tanakako

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:13 pm
With the matter of his presence settled, Gabedi found a spot well within Bangizwe's line of sight, yet would still allow him to see danger by. He wasn't taking his new position in the pride lightly, and even his sister coming up to rub against him did nothing to dislodge his watchful gaze. Now and then, gold eyes shifted to look at the cubs, a smile tugging at his maw. It felt strange that, once upon a time... He'd been that small.

For a moment, Zola settled next to Gabedi, eyes closed and a broad smile on her face. Her mother would be happy to see him, she was sure. But then a worry tickled its way into her thoughts. How would Andhaka take to the new Inselelo? Was he aware that Gabedi had beaten Jasiri? She wasn't sure if she wanted to find out. Her tail flicked, before she got up and went over to a tree, sitting down with her back facing the trunk to scratch against it.

Izinyathi's brow furrowed for a moment as she watched Gabedi approach. She dimly remembered the news that Jasiri was gone and somebody had taken his place, and had the dim memory of Gabedi when she was just a cub. Now that she was grown, he was... Actually, no less impressive in size. He'd seemed huge, from the distant point she'd seen him at back then, but now that she was grown and seeing him much closer, she felt rather small. Of course it didn't help she'd probably gotten her grandmother's size, but he was still huge. She decided quietly that she'd take her chances more with Andhaka.

The first thought in Imvula's mind was that it was good that a son of the Bonelands had become an Inselelo. The second felt much more mundane, that at least three lionesses would now HAVE to go to the Umholi for cubs. Unless, of course, they wanted to risk shame and have cubs by males from outside. She couldn't imagine doing that. She soon resumed her pacing, worry still present. After a moment, she went and flopped down on the ground next to Ukungcola. "How can you stay so calm about this? Cinga is out there, fighting with hippos! Hippos, Ukun! They can swallow a lion whole!"

CaliWolfe

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:45 pm
Ukungcola curiously shifted her head upwards to look at her worried sister as the lioness flopped down next to her. She looked tense, stressed. Ukuncola gave a soft and lighthearted chuckle. She shifted from her head resting on her crossed paws to simply laying on her side, her face now on the ground with one ear pressed against the dirt. She didn't seem to care at all however. Even with her belly partly exposed now in her completely relaxed state!

"You worry too much, Imvu." She said with the desire to laugh still hidden in her voice. "Cinga will be fine, she knows what she's doing." And so long as she's with them, the others would remain safe as well. Ukungcola was adamant of this, she fully believed in her sister's capabilities.

"Everyone will be fine. You have nothing to worry over."

Andranis

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:58 am
After chatting with Liyana for a little while longer, and of course spending some time cooing over Siantaidh's cubs, especially the one with the blue tuft on her tail; such a cutie! and she reminded Sanele of Nja's granddaughters, the older lioness politely took her leave of the new mother and Liyana. After all, she had more gossip to seek out, for she wanted an accurate detail of how this day had been for the whole pride, their worries, their joys, what had been the collective hobby (which she was already guessing would be 'caching up with friends while waiting for news' for the majority of the pride.) Also she was eager to find her own closeknit circle of companions. With a jaunty step and a contented, slightly anticipatory expression, the gossip took herself off to fresh hunting ground.

User Image
Khanya had spotted the blue youngster arriving earlier, but had mostly ignored her while she watched the goings on in the rest of the gathering. But as groups and pairs settled down to discuss the hunt and any other gossip that caught their attention, Khanya became aware of the little blue female once again. She sat alone, off to one side. It was obvious why, of course. Her bright blue coat stood out like a giraffe in a buffalo herd. And she was clearly far too young to have arrived as a rogue, nor was it likely the pride would have let her in. So, there was only one logical explanation… She was born here. Then, who where her parents? Khanya had been born and bred in the Ithambo, but she was well aware of her own firekin roots. But even in her ancestral pride, that blue colour would have been deeply criticized and the lioness kicked out when she matured. So… what was she doing here? Had a pride female gone with a rogue or… Well, that had to be the answer, or had a busisa dropped that colour unexpectedly? That wasn’t unheard of, considering some of the varying traits outside females occasionally brought into the pride. Such as that little ball of fur with the blue tail not far away. The cub was tiny and otherwise perfect, so Khanya didn’t think the tail tip was too much of an issue, it could easily be hidden while hunting after all. But that adolescent… She was like the sky, blue and white and so … noticeable.

User Image
Kala had been happily watching the pride interact. Many of the females were fascinated by the new litter, several of them having helped the mother carry them over from where they had seen the Mkhulu off. And now they were settling down and chatting amongst themselves. The arrival of a big male had been scary, but after a tense moment both lions had settled down. Ilanga had gone off with the other huntresses and Dania was resting near the giant Bangizwe, who intimidated Kala to no end. Eventually she had felt eyes on her, not an altogether unexpected sensation as it happened pretty often. Nervously she swung her head and gazed back at the large red female who lay some distance off, staring her way. Trying to pull herself in smaller, so she would go un-noticed, Kala swallowed a whimper. Not again, not today… Maybe the large firekin would stay over there… and not want to beat her up for being blue. To be fair the lioness wasn’t scowling like most did when they spotted her, but she wasn’t smiling either.. Pinning her ears in her nervousness she lowered her head to her paws, tail curling close about her hind quarters. Maybe the other female would forget she was here… if she just made herself small enough…

Khanya watched as the small female tried to smother herself into the grass. Rolling her eyes she huffed. Surely she didn’t look that terrifying? She was bigger than most females, thanks to her mother’s firekin blood, and her vibrantly coloured coat was certainly impressive. But it wasn’t like she had pounced on the youngster. But still… that was probably what the blue cub was fully expecting. Heaving a heavy sigh Khanya pulled herself up and walked over, giving the youngster absolutely no say in the matter as she dropped down heavily beside the shaking blue female.

“Calm down, I’m not going to bite.” Grinning, and showing her very sharp fangs, Khanya studied her quivering companion for a long moment, eyes narrowed and intent. “You need to stop hunching down. You wont ever earn their respect if you act like they have already beaten you.” She surprised herself with he own words. She certainly hadn’t intended to come over here, let alone start offering advice to the weak-looking little thing. But something about the blue cub’s lost expression and wide amber eyes screamed victim. And that just annoyed Khanya. No female was naturally a victim, and this one sure as hell didn’t need to be just because she was born blue.

Kala watched with wide, worried eyes as the fearsome female stood and… walked right over! Oh heavens no, what was going to happen when she got close? Trembling Kala tried to hide just how much the stranger’s approach unnerved her, but clearly she did a very poor job as the red-coated huntress simply looked annoyed as she flopped down right next to Kala. So close in fact that she could feel the heat coming off the big lioness’ flank.

Oh no. oh dear. This was bad..

Staring up at the red lioness, Kala struggled to keep her shivering from showing, only to be stunned yet further at the sudden lecture handed out to her. Wait.. what? She wasn’t going to start telling Kala off for being there? Or biting and poking her with sharp claws in a subtle manner to get her to move? Unaware that her jaw was hanging wide open she could do nothing but stare up at the powerful, scary female who seemed intent on… lecturing her. And not just that, but offering.. advice?

Oh lordy. She really hoped the blue girl wasn’t disadvantaged in the brain department. Her colour was bad enough. But considering the show of abject terror she was displaying, or had been until ‘stunned stupid’ seemed to fill its place, Khanya was willing to give the youngster some slack. “Come now.” She finally growled, eyeballing the blue female hard. “I’m Khanya. I’m not going to hurt you. You just looked like you need some help.” Pausing she ran her gaze over the scrawny body. From up close the blue lioness looked even more pathetic than she had from further away. She was lean, too lean, obviously not eating enough, which was to be expected when pride rules dictated she eat last, as befitted her status. But still, it annoyed Khanya that she seemed to accept and even expect such treatment. “I’m going to teach you how to hunt. And how to not be such a mouse.”

She didn’t expect a reply, having given up on the cub’s current ability to speak. But by the gods, when she was finished with this pathetic ball of blue fur the younger female would be a trained huntress and would at least be able to stand upright and hold her head high.

“Come along then. No time like the present.”

Kala couldn’t unstick her tongue from the roof of her mouth even if she had possessed the wits to try. Nothing this lioness did or said made any sense! Not only was she not trying to push Kala away, or dropping those sickeningly sweet remarks about how Kala would be better off away from ‘their’ pride lest her uselessness rubbed off on the rest of them. No, this big, scary, powerful female was… offering advice? Sure her tone was harsh and her eyes hard. But… she was being kind. or at least helpful. When the order suddenly came to move Kala still couldn’t believe what was happening. Standing up on wooden legs, dazed and stunned by this weird turn of events, she meekly followed the scowling red lioness. Though she had no idea where they were going, she could not have ignored such an order if her life depended on it. She could only hope it wouldn’t depend on it.

She never even looked back as the pair of them, one red, and one blue, walked away from the gathering. Kala already under the sway of the red female.

Khanya only glanced back once, to make sure the little blue fuzzball was following. Why on earth had she decided to do this? The youngster was always going to be bullied and shoved away from the heart of the pride. But Khanya had always had a soft spot for the lost causes... And seeing a fellow female so downtrodden just didn't sit well with her. So, she would train this one, teach it to survive on its own, and at least it would have a chance at surviving in the pride. Then if the worst did happen, she would have some kind of hope of making it as a rogue.

"What's your name?" She asked over her shoulder. She couldn't very well keep refering to the female as 'blue girl' in her head.

Kala couldn't wrap her mind around what was happening... It was all she could do to simply follow the impossing figure in front of her. Her stomach was all up in knots, but for the first time since she had started to try and live an adult life out from under her Grandma's protective paws, did she feel... hope.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:31 pm
After a night of talking...

Udaka returned to the group, appearing nearing just as the sun began to rise. After a momentary rest, she excitedly informed patiently waiting pride that the hunt had been successful, that they had downed a hippo and now it was time to feast. Leaping from his post at the top of the rock formation, Bangizwe called those around to him so that they could make the journey together. Stranglers would not be tolerated at this time, not when his stomach was aching.

Some of the most elderly lionesses opted to stay behind with the ill and the cubs who could not make the trip or were not weaned just yet, even a few Ahluke offered to stay, but a majority of the pride left the position they had waited at so patiently all night, following behind a swift-paced Bangizwe as they were led back to the site of the kill by Udaka.

[OOC]

This is the last official post from me for this ORP!

While this ORP is officially closed now, any pride member may now post in the Mkhulu ORP so long as they were ICly part of the pride before the two ORPs started!

My original intent was to hold another ORP, but I realize that there was no reason to hold one of them...eating, which would have likely been extremely uneventful and horribly boring. I decide to use my energy elsewhere and simply open the Mkhulu ORP up for everyone to post in instead.

The roll for the cub will come next!

Thank you all for hanging on with me for this long and I'm excited to see you all in the next ORP!

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

Quaji generated a random number between 1 and 32 ... 16!

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:07 am
Rolling!

1. SilverLutz
2. Puhterodactyl
3. CaliWolfe
4. CaliWolfe
5. SilverLutz
6. Andranis
7. Andranis
8. Safaia
9. Tanakako
10. Astoriafallen
11. SilverLutz
12. Tanakako
13. Talencia
14. SilverLutz
15. Annchen
16. Tanakako
17. Talencia
18. SilverLutz
19. Tanakako
20. AstoriaFallen
21. Annchen
22. Tanakako
23. Excited Apathy
24. SilverLutz (end pg.2)
25. Astoriafallen
26. Talencia
27. SilverLutz
28. Tanakako
29. SilverLutz
30. Andranis
31. CaliWolfe
32. Tanakako

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:08 am
Tanakako
User Image

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:30 pm
Quaji
Tanakako
User Image

Thank you so much!!!!
I have a name for her already. Was she coloured by you?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:18 pm
Tanakako
Thank you so much!!!!
I have a name for her already. Was she coloured by you?

Meep colored the litter.  

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:26 pm
Thank you!!!  
[IC] Ithambo'hlabathi Lands [IC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff