Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Likno Tis Zois Lands [IC]
[PRP]The Lost and the Broken (Anei & Damein)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chisato Mikami

Timid Wolf

10,925 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Friendly 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:17 pm
User ImageAnei knew she was far from home. She had never been this far away, nor had she ever been this alone before either. Thoughts ran through her mind. Where was her family? Did her family abandoned her? Were they killed? What would happen to her? She sighed as she sat down. Her little paws were tired, her stomach was rumbling and it was fixing to be dark. Then something caught her attention and her curiosity kicked into over drive as she went to investigate it. It was a little field mouse.

"I bet I can catch that..." she said as she lowered herself to the ground like she watched her mother do. She crept closer to the mouse, but she was too loud and the mouse started to run. Anei chased after it. She started giggling and having fun as she chased the mouse, but she tripped over a rock and fell. She tumbled over a couple times until she finally stopped on her back. She flipped over, shook her body and looked around. The mouse was gone. "Well.... so much for eating....."

magnadearel

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:38 pm
Chisato Mikami
managed a reply. go coffee! XD

User Image

Life had been lonely. In a pride revolved around harems, the dark brown male lacked one of his own. Oh he was the leader of his harem, but what truly was a leader without any followers? Damien'Keanu had been unable to find anyone suited to join his pride. He couldn't be the only one who'd lost something important to him. Feeling confined by the familiar constraints of home, he'd gone out for a little jaunt. A small trip, to stretch his legs and catch a meal.

The jackel pelts flopped against his back as he trotted along. They were a comforting weight on his pelt, if hot at times. Damien slowed to a walk. He hadn't been trying too hard to find prey to bring down. The wind in his face and the sun on his back made him happy. It was in this frame of mind, the male came across a black cub playing. He paused as he glanced around for the cub's parents. There didn't seem to be anyone but himself and the cub. Cautiously he approached.

"Hello there."

magnadearel

Chisato Mikami

Timid Wolf

10,925 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Friendly 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:54 pm
Anei jumped from the voice and hopped into some tall grass. She didn't think anyone else was out here. She had wandered for so long, she almost forgot that others sounded like. She peeked up enough to see the dark brown lion wearing the dog skins. Only her eyes and the top of her head shown. "Hello.... Is this your land? I'll leave. I was just..... passing through....." she said, her voice a little shaky. She had heard stories of Male lions killing cubs that were alone. She thought if she bluffed about her mom being close by, he might by it and leave her alone. "My momma is over that hill over there." she said as she motion her head, not knowing it was further into the land and not away from it.

magnadearel

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:12 pm
Chisato Mikami

He hadn't meant to startle the cub. Damien supposed it was the furs, or that he was a strange lion. "Sorry, didn't mean to startle you little one." He pondered her questions seriously. "No I suppose they are not my lands, although my pride does live near here." The male watched the black head of the cub. He caught the shaky tone of her voice. Something wasn't right here. His suspicions were quickly proven correct when he glanced in the direction she pointed.

"You're lost aren't you?" It was a simple question. Damien couldn't be sure if she lost her mother, or something more disastrous. He didn't want to ask too many questions lest he bring up painful memories.

magnadearel

Chisato Mikami

Timid Wolf

10,925 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Friendly 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:29 pm
Anei thought it was odd that a lion was apologizing to her. She didn't know who her father was and her mother was always cautious when it came to other lions. She had been on her own for a while. She was too young to really hunt on her own and what little she did catch, didn't last her long. "We got separated..... She told me to stay out of sight until she came back. I could hear quiet and then nothing. Am I going to be in trouble?" Her ears went back and lowered her head closer to the ground. "I waited for her for a long time before I went looking.... So maybe I won't get into too much trouble...."

magnadearel

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:50 pm
Chisato Mikami

She was all alone and he felt a bit of sympathy for the young cub. Since his own family had died he'd been on his own. The difference was that he was an adult and able to care for himself, she was only a cub. Damien took a deep breath and sat down. There was no use looming over the cub. Clearly she didn't know where her mother was. He wasn't a lion who could simply leave a cub on her own knowing her chances were very slim.

The question now became what to do with her? Should he feed her and leave her some place safe or take her back and offer her a place in the pride, at least until she could care for herself. He didn't have much experience with cubs, and what he had had been quite some time ago. "No little one. You aren't in trouble. I'm Damien. Would you like to come with me? At least until we can find your mom." It was the best he could offer.

magnadearel

Chisato Mikami

Timid Wolf

10,925 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Friendly 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:33 pm
magnadearel
totally just caught a typo from my last post. XD

"I can go with you?" Anei perked her ears up and took a few steps towards Damien. "I'm Anei." There wasn't anything special or defining about the young cub. She was completely black, which might help her at night, but she stuck out during the day. She was a bit tired of running day and night from other predators "Can I really come with you? I won't be a burden or anything, right? I don't know what burden means.... but my mom has called me that a couple times..."  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:00 pm
Chisato Mikami

He had to smile as she perked up with his offer. "If you want. I can help look for your mother as well." He wasn't going to give up on the hope that the lioness might still show up. Suddenly it struck him that he was offering to shelter a cub. He hadn't been able to save his own family. Should he really be doing this? Damien decided he didn't need to have a close relationship to raise the cub. He decided maybe it was loneliness that had prompted him to make the offer.

"Yes Anei you can come, and I'm sure you won't let yourself be a burden." He looked at the cub still hiding in the tall grass. "Burden means something that makes a task harder. You seem like an intelligent cub, so I don't think you'll pose a problem. I'm part of a pride near here like I said. I'm the leader of my harem, it's called Mnemosyne which is for remembrance."

magnadearel

Chisato Mikami

Timid Wolf

10,925 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Friendly 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:41 pm
magnadearel

Anei hopped out of her spot in the grass and walked over to Damien. She was thrilled to have found someone that was willing to help her. It was like she had found her own personal father figure. She was so happy that she rubbed her head against his leg. His fur was soft and it reminded her of her mom for a moment. She had heard a fight just before her mom disappeared. She was worried something bad had happened to her. She quickly stopped thinking about the sad stuff. She finally found a friend. "Thank you!" She purred a little bit and took a step back. "Remembrance? I like it. It's pretty!"  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:08 pm
Chisato Mikami
We can wrap up with your post if you like.

It was a good thing he was doing. His family would be proud of him for saving this cub. Damien finally got a good look at the cub as she came out of the grass. All black. That would make finding her mother difficult. Maybe he'd find out more about her later. For now, he needed to focus on getting her back to the safety of the pride, and feed her.

"Your welcome Anei. It is. I picked it myself." He stiffened a moment as she came to rub up against his leg. He was all she had now unless they found her mother. It would be something he needed to get use to again. Damien rose slowly to his feet. "Come along. Let's get you settled in a den and fed hm?" He led the way back toward home.

magnadearel

Chisato Mikami

Timid Wolf

10,925 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Friendly 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:07 pm
magnadearel
Sorry it's so short... I'm not feeling well. DX

"Yay! Food!" Anei sang as she ran around Damein. She couldn't be any happier. She never had a father. It was always her and her mother for the longest time. She followed her new found friend for now. Who knows, maybe he'll decide to be her father. She sure did hope that.  
[IC] Likno Tis Zois Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games