Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands [IC]
[PRP] Vikings and Demons (Ragnvard x Mari)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:36 pm
User Image

The sparring area rang with the sound of a male's fierce roaring. If one listened, it was not the wordless roar of a finger or fury or effort, but actual instructions being given. The huge rust-coated male stood opin a defensive posture, but there was nothing about his manner that suggested he was anything but in complete control. Rather, he was yelling instructions at his opponent. The male was full grown but co paired to the impressive Captain, he seemed weedy and hesitant. He moved to attack, springing at the larger lion but he missed. It almost seemed as if his paw had slipped right through his trainer, but Ragnvard had simply swayed to one side slightly, making the blow miss him easily. Once again he roared at the younger male, and again the youth attacked on yo to miss when Ragnvard simply turned his head and let the blow glance off his muscular shoulder.

Roaring out instructions he drilled the youngster in his attacking, clearly the pair had been at it for some time as the younger male was coated in sweat and dust and was obviously near the end of his endurance. Finally Ragnvard called a halt to their training session and sent the youth off to recover, get a drink and walk off his efforts. Ragnvard himself was hardly blown, despite having been in the sparring arena all morning himself before starting the training session with his newest recruit. Turning from the ring he padded away from the watching crowd, for most of the other Reavers had stopped their own fights to watch the Captain and his trainee.

Walking casually to the small river near by Ragnvard bent for a drink after shaking off the worst of the dust. There was barely a mark on him, and only one shallow gash that had already stopped bleeding.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:32 pm
Marinette waded into the water which was clear of any predators with all the lions settled around it. Waterlizards did not like all the lions around constantly so went to where the prey was more plentiful and easier to catch. The female liked the perks that came with having such a large pride around. Now if she just had someone with which to share some alone time. Her brother was happy, his master seemed to be having no trouble with the idea of being a decent sort to her brother, and Mari was slightly lonely.

Mari was accustomed to having males whenever as a pleasure seeker in her old pride. She had yet to establish herself well enough to find company here and leaving was not going to happen until she decided to focus on gaining the rank of Reaver. The whole structure was a little annoying, but she would make it work, She was nothing if not adaptable to her situation. What she was not expecting was to see a rather attractive male come close to where she was soaking her furn.

Mari watched him for a few moments before approaching. "You look like something is bothering you. Now why would such a handsome male have such an irritated look on his muzzle?" She moved out of the water and shook out the worst of it, far enough away not to splatter the male. The lioness started grooming herself as she waited for an answer or something from the male to give her an idea how to handle him.

Tanakako

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:15 am
As the female drew close Ragnvard looked up from his drink, golden eyes curious yet intense, as if assessing her even though he seemed perfectly relaxed. Several of the still-watching Reavers shifted backward, as if not wanting to get involved, incase the typically violent male attacked. Which was not uncommon directly after a fight when. Lion's blood was still up. But the Captain seemed in perfect control of his reactions as he dipped his head politely to her, a slight smirk curling across his muzzle.

"Bothering me? Not in the slightest.. Perhaps I am concentrating too hard though. I was just planning my trInee's next training session. He needs a lot of work but he will be a good warrior so long as he applies himself and learns well." Pausing he ran his gaze over her again.

"I don't believe we have met before... I am Captain Ragnvard Holmgeirson. May I know your name?" The name 'Ragnvard' was fairly infamous in the pride though depending on who was talking he ranged from a giant cub-eating monster to a dedicated but demanding teacher. Everyone seemed to have an opinion about him thought whether or not some of the tales that were whispered about were based on truth of fiction was hard to gauge.

Kathryn Dragonna

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:46 am
Marinette put every bit of wet fur back into proper place that she could without being "inappropriate" Of course not much of it was out of place to begin with. Even wet as she was, her fur did not really do out of place. She was very good at looking perfect nearly all the time. It had come from years of practice and having red and black fur helped to keep blood from showing up after a hunt, so that was an advantage in looking nice all the time. She turned to the male as she finished her grooming.

Mari found the shift away from the male amusing. Others might be scared of him attacking, but with her size and how accustomed to fighting she was, it was hard to be afraid of the male. She had grown up accustomed to the idea that any day could be her last from a fight. She made a rather slow show of eyeing the male, assessing him again and then standing to flip her tail to caress his chin as she walked around him. "Ah training the young... i remember such tasks. I had the same issues with my cubs. It is easier when you can start training young. It allows you to instill the hard work and desire to learn. I do not envy you having to train older lions."

"I did not arrive long ago, so no we have not met, Ragnvard, but your reputation is quite interesting. I am Marinette." She could have told him her 'demon name' or added it to her name, but she had never really believed in the whole demon thing of her pride. She just played the part expected of her to survive. She had actually heard very little about the male, but what she did hear had made her wonder if he was from her old pride. What she saw was most definitely not one of her old pride, which pleased her. There were only a few of her old pride she would like to associate with any more and the others, she would rather never see again.
Tanakako

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:56 pm
The Captain watched her appreciatively. She was a very stunning looking lioness with her red and black fur and large size. And he was a red-blooded Viking male, so of course he looked and appreciated.

He huffed lowly in response to her words, nodding his great maned head briefly. "Sadly I am not training my own cubs. That would be far easier. Young adolescents do alright but younge adults tend to think they know best, and even after they realise they don't they still argue and question." Snorting he scowled back at some of the younger males who were sparring near by, their attempts varied from relatively skilled to fairly useless.

"It is very nice to meet you, Marinette." He replied, smiling the same lazy, confident smile he had offered earlier. "A belated Welcome to the Stormborn. How are you finding the prideland? I am more than happy to assist if I can." He offered a moment later, arching a brow in question at her.

Kathryn Dragonna

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:55 am
Mari was happy to see the male admiring her. Admiration could be used, and besides she really needed a bit of company in her new home. "It is a shame indeed that you are not training your own offspring. You seem the sort that would produce strong, intelligent cubs." And Mari was always looking for such potential. It really was about time she started thinking about another litter of cubs. She was not getting any younger while she waited.

"You are a wise male it would seem. That is something very hard to find in any pride or outside them." Mari was eyeing the male almost as much as he was her. He could be useful, more useful than the captain she had used to sire her first set of cubs. That male might be strong, but he was also much too full of himself in the wrong ways. There was nothing there to make him a good partner really, this male was a little different. He might be just right for making a partnership of sorts... the kind that resulted in cubs.

"Your offer of assistance is kind, and i could perhaps use a little assistance with one tiny problem... I have found myself quite lonely since I arrived, which is something to which I am unaccustomed. The lack of males worthy of my company has been staggering... but if you truly would wish to help me, I would be more than happy to let you keep me company." Mari hoped very much that her words stirred the male's pride and got him more willing to go along with the offer. Of course she was also hoping that if he realized she was manipulating him, he would not be unwilling to let her do so. Last thing she needed was a fight over something stupid like trying to get some tail!
Tanakako

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:26 am
Arching a brow the large Captain chuckled, head tilting slightly. “Indeed, that is my wish. Though I have found that most females desire the attention of a husband, rather than what I can offer. I am too busy to offer such to a freeborn, it would simply not be fair to tie one down and then not be here as much as she might wish.” Nor did Ragnvard particularly want some female whining in his ear day and night about where he had been and why was he late. He was too busy, being a Captain as not an easy ride, not if you wanted to keep your rank and your reavers. Plus he spent hours here, training the younger lions and lionesses, and they were often more demanding than even a fictional wife. No, Ragnvard was happy to remain single, and find what pleasure he could from those not looking to tie him down. Eventually he would have his own litter to raise and train. He couldn’t wait.

Her words of flattery were very much appreciated, even though he knew exactly what she was doing. He didn’t mind being manipulated, after all he did the same to everyone else. So long as it was mutually beneficial. He may even bend his will to going above and beyond the expected. After all, one had to win allies in the pride some how. Her request made him grin. “As it happens I am done with my duties for today, once I dismiss this sorry lot.” Turning he barked out a few instructions to his pupils and then sent them on their way, most likely to go sleep for a few hours, the rest dragged their tired bodies to the small river near by and practically fell into it. Turning back to the red lioness he bowed before her.

“I am entirely at your disposal, my lady. And I hope to provide more apt entertainment than you have so far suffered.” His husky, deep-timbered tone was both suggestive and playful. He had caught her trying to manipulate him and didn’t mind in the least. For now he was entirely willing to indulge her whims, allowing them to be honest with one another.

“Have you eaten? I’ve been up here training since dawn.” A meal shared would allow them to get to know each other. Something Ragnvard was interested in doing.

Kathryn Dragonna

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:40 pm
Tanakako

Marinette had to laugh at his description of marriage. "Well, perhaps you need to marry a female Reaver or Captain so that you both are off doing what you wish and nobody has to worry about the whole lack of attention thing. i find it more rewarding to keep my options open and take pleasure where I can, but when one is as wonderful as I am, there is so much demand for my time." She winks at him and flicks his nose with her tail She wasn't going to try to tie him down, especially not with all the things she had planned while she was here. First she had to get her daughter to join up, then they both needed to make Reaver... and well, after that, Mari was going to find a Captain to pick off so she could take over their band.

This captain was safe for now since Mari could see more use for him as a friend and cub sire than what his band would be useful to command. She had a feeling he knew exactly what she was up to when it came to her intentions for him, and yet was going to let her do what she liked. She could grow to like this male a lot. She wondered if might just be a male worthy of her affections, but that would be a question only time would answer. "Entirely at my disposal? That could make for a very interesting day for you."

"A meal does sound lovely... and I still have a kill at my den from this morning that one of the thralls dragged in for me. Perhaps you are just the lion to help me eat such a large creature." Mari had such a very good feeling about this as she lead the male off toward her new den. This day could not get any better. It just couldn't. Lady Luck had certainly taken a shining to Mari's efforts and plans it would seem, and she just hoped it would continue!  

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:37 am
He considered her a moment, a slightly lopsided grin curling his muzzle. Marry another reaver? Sure, he had no qualms against female reavers, heck he was training several, one of whom showed promise towards making Captain some day. But… he was a selfish male, he wasn’t sure he would be happy knowing his mate was off getting into fights and sleeping about without him… No. It was easier to remain single and have his pick of females both inside the pride and beyond its boarders. Besides, he could not disappoint the lovely ladies of the Myrsky Syntynyt by being monogamous. It simply wasn’t part of his makeup.

His grin broadened as he looked her over playfully. “Then I am both humbled and proud that you are choosing to spend some of your time with me.” Her playful tail-flick only made his expression warm. She was certainly a fascinating lioness who seemed to be of the same mind as himself, and he knew that spending time with her would be an interesting experience. He could certainly see himself meeting with her again…

“Entirely.” He confirmed with a lazy sharp-fanged grin as they both turned and he followed her enticing figure across the pride grounds. It was turning out to be a very interesting day indeed. As they ducked into her den, with him being careful of his larger size, he eyed the carcass left out for her. “You may have to share who your thrall is.. That is impressive… “ Pausing he studied her, golden eyes shining in the shadows. It was clear the meal wasn’t the only thing he found impressive in the den.

Kathryn Dragonna

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:21 pm
Tanakako

Mari smiles at the compliment to the kill. This meal would be a wonderful start to something much more intimate. if the male cooperated, the lioness might actually get her second batch of cubs finally. She was certainly smug about how easily this male was to get to go along with what she wanted. It was nice to find a male that had a similar mentality to her.

"A hyena that belongs to a Reaver friend. The lioness has been quite nice in allowing me to steal a bit of time from her Thrall while she and her husband are out." That hyena was a good at hunting, and even better at taking orders from lionesses like Mari. "Gabriel is quite proud of her hyena thrall, and I can't say I blame her. Now let's eat and get to other pleasant activities."  

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces