Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gotham Marauder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:13 pm
Nocturnal Vigilante

1:59A.M.

Bruce beating at the wing chun dummy was the only sound in the cave, unless you were trying to listen for the cry of the bat up top. He had shed his suit for something a little more comfortable to train in. The patrol night was more or less a success. It opened up a new case to capture and put this new crime boss behind bars. Whoever he was, it wasn't long till he figured it out. He planned to head for Wayne Financials, along with the police department later that night do some interrogating of his own if Gordon and his men couldn't get the women to talk. Left..right, down, duck, left, right, block, right. He played out this actions in his head as he went through with them, to analyze himself, how he moved and how fast. If there was a chance for him to improve the right way, he took it.

"Sir, I believe someone is trying to make contact with the Batcave, Mr. Fox is it?"

"Alfred, you know Lucius he's not just a random employee."

"I meant his son, actually. Luke Fox. The one you trusted to work with you as Batwing."

He hadn't heard from him in awhile, although he kept tabs. Bruce put his arms down to his side as he walked over to the Bat-Computer, picking up a towel to wipe the sweat off from his forehead as he went. With a few taps on the keyboard, he brought up the active call connection between himself and Luke. "It's good to see you, Luke. If you're back in the city, there's something I'd like to bring you up to speed on." Bruce brought up another window filled with the writing he compiled from the information Alfred brought him. In an attempt to send the files over to Luke, Bruce found it troubling noticing the screen freeze over. Completely un-responsive, "What the.."

Luke listened to Batman, waiting to receive the information he was showing when suddenly his screens began to jump, "What the hell? Batman? Can you read me? Something is happening to my..." that's when the mysterious broadcast began to transmit over his system

Archon Thorne
“People of Earth. I am Mongul, Tyrant of Debstam, Lord Commander of the Imperium Infinite, Master of Warworld. Many have been the planets to fall before me. Millions are the lives I have taken. Know that your world is next. You have only your so called 'saviors' to thank for what it is to come. Their continues insults towards myself and my authority are what has led to your coming fate. But they are no longer there to protect you. Superman and his league have abandoned all of you. Your Justice League is no more. And now, your world will pay for their mistakes. Know that this is not an invasion. What is coming is your absolute destruction."

Luke stepped back in shock and awe as Mongul appeared on his screen. "What in the world is going on? Who is...s**t no time, system has been compromised." As Mongul was giving his speech, Luke stepped back to the computer and tried to re-establish his connection with Batman. But no matter what he tried to do, nothing seemed to work for him, "This guy has taken over every frequency we have. But how? That's impossible." Luke continued to listen to this Mongul talk and when he finished his speech and his monitors returned normal, Luke ran to his suit and grabbed his helmet, "Can't risk using the computer, could still be compromised. Need a secure link." Luke put on the helmet and attempted contact Batman once again, "Batwing to Batman, do you read me? Please tell me you saw the freakishly large yellow man on your monitor too? Who in the world is that? said Luke in a confused tone. Working with Batman, Luke thought he seen it all. From mind controlled mercenaries dressed as ants to hybrid lion creature, it didn't phase him too much. But this, this was something entirely different. And if this Mongul plans to hold true to his word, Luke knew he had to be ready.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:47 pm
Archon Thorne
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Across the length and width of the planet Earth, orbiting satellites were hijacked by an unknown frequency. This frequency sent a broadcast to televisions and computers all through out the globe. And then he appeared. A giant of a man, obviously alien of some kind as by his hard yellow skin. He sat upon a silver throne, arms resting over his laps. He had a brutal yet regal majesty to him.He was silent for but a moment, his eyes fierce, as though he was glarimg at all of those watching the screens. And then he spoke.“People of Earth. I am Mongul, Tyrant of Debstam, Lord Commander of the Imperium Infinite, Master of Warworld. Many have been the planets to fall before me. Millions are the lives I have taken. Know that your world is next. You have only your so called 'saviors' to thank for what it is to come. Their continues insults towards myself and my authority are what has led to your coming fate. But they are no longer there to protect you. Superman and his league have abandoned all of you. Your Justice League is no more. And now, your world will pay for their mistakes. Know that this is not an invasion. What is coming is your absolute destruction.With that, all of the televisions returned to their original broadcast, leaving all of the people of Earth to wonder at what was going to happen. Who Mongul was. And what hell was coming their way.

A young man sat in a small coffee shop in Metropolis, sipping away at what could only be described as one of the worst excuses for tea he has ever had "No wonder they dumped this shite in the harbors, it's absolute rubbish," He said as he took another sip due to his love of self torture. The broadcast hit the screen and all eyes were on it, when it was over everyone went back to normal as if nothing had even happened in the first place. I've been in this bloody country for a week to see these meta humans they got cooking up and this is what I get? An alien invasion.....mint He thought to himself. He stood up and laid some money on the table, it was in pounds so they wouldn't actually take it but it didn't matter, at this point the young man knew he would be running into whatever was going to happen head first...no matter how unprepared he was. "Keep the change love!" he yelled back as he walked out of the coffee place, he got into a very fancy yet ultimately cliche Aston Martin Vulcan and received a call. The sound of an older angry English man was heard on the other end "Rayner, I'm sure you've seen what was on the screens all over the world, we need you back here to protect the queen!" Drake let out a quick sigh of disappointment, mostly to the fact that he was being run around like a third rate spy. "No can do there brov...uh-sir, I got the feeling I'll finally run into this superman these people keep going on about, that's why I'm here aint it? Track the metas and try to get some powers for myself.... well that's not happening from the safety of the palace mate. all I've seen this time was a demon lady wreck a city block fighting one of them and an extremely skilled normal person. Whatever is about to happen this is where to go....Galahad out." Drake hung up the call as the man was about to answer he drove off to LexCorp, that's where the bald smart guy from TV was so that's where young excited Drake wanted to be.  

GL_drake rayner

Sonic Cry

Loyal Friend

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:05 am
Repetitive sound of taped knuckles rapped against a swinging, hard packed sand filled punching bag. A target marked with an 'X' was hit in a continuous function. Over and over, until a few hard strikes were added with knees. The surrounding area around this individual appeared to be quiet. Only due to the fact the boxer had bled out all outside distractions, to concentrate on strengthening oneself. The boxer sensed now would be a good time to take a break and recollect thoughts. Staring at the punching bag, the white noise in the background became more apparent, as the boxer once again focused on what exactly was taking place.

Quickened, whooshing sounds could be heard from several treadmills that had been lined up side by side. Early morning runners, were timing themselves as they ran beside strangers while watching the lit up television sets mounted up high along the wall. From another side of the room, heavy metal clanking could be heard from weights that were being lifted up and down with machinery. Some kind of elevator music was could be heard every now and then in the background. The music however was bled out over the sounds of stock market and news reports could be heard babbling off statistics for the early morning treadmill runners.

Walking away from the swinging punching bag, the boxer made her way over towards a large warehouse, cyclone fan that was helping many cool off before they attended other activities within the work out facility. Long strands of blond hair stuck along side the face of the sweaty boxer. The boxer's whole body was covered in a sheen layer of sweat. Revealing to the other patrons, she had been there for quite sometime. Standing before the fan allowing herself to evaporate, she moved away from the fan to head towards the drink bar. While en route to the drink bar, she snatched up a towel, to help pat off excessive sweat. Ordering a tall glass of iced water, she realized after taking a drink of it. That she probably should have drank room temperature water, however, she wanted something cold and refreshing from her long work out. Contemplating her agenda for the day, a sudden and abrupt static sound emitting forth from the televisions captured not only her attention but others in the gym.

Archon Thorne

Across the length and width of the planet Earth, orbiting satellites were hijacked by an unknown frequency. This frequency sent a broadcast to televisions and computers all through out the globe. And then he appeared. A giant of a man, obviously alien of some kind as by his hard yellow skin. He sat upon a silver throne, arms resting over his laps. He had a brutal yet regal majesty to him.He was silent for but a moment, his eyes fierce, as though he was glarimg at all of those watching the screens. And then he spoke.“People of Earth. I am Mongul, Tyrant of Debstam, Lord Commander of the Imperium Infinite, Master of Warworld. Many have been the planets to fall before me. Millions are the lives I have taken. Know that your world is next. You have only your so called 'saviors' to thank for what it is to come. Their continues insults towards myself and my authority are what has led to your coming fate. But they are no longer there to protect you. Superman and his league have abandoned all of you. Your Justice League is no more. And now, your world will pay for their mistakes. Know that this is not an invasion. What is coming is your absolute destruction.With that, all of the televisions returned to their original broadcast, leaving all of the people of Earth to wonder at what was going to happen. Who Mongul was. And what hell was coming their way.

The female boxer, stood at the drink bar astonished as to what was just then broadcasted. Noticing the gym seemed to fall silent as the announcement feed could be heard just about anywhere within the facility. When the announcement ceased, a gradual roar of conversation began to bubble to the surface among fellow gymnasts. Standing there with a blank expression among the sea of conversations. Finding herself moving away from the bar to head to the locker room. She didn't exactly feel like conversing with strangers. Unconsciously she felt it would be best to leave the gym and head to a place where she knew she could perform some research into the matter. As well as reach out to some contacts who might have better answers as to who this character was and when exactly they should expect a visit from this Mongul, guy.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:16 pm
It was an insult to say that Mongul was not preparing himself for what was to come. The titles of Warlord and Lord Commander were not something he would so pompously give himself. No, those had been earned countless victories. Yes, he had in his possession a mobile battle station the size of a small moon, but it was a matter of how he to apply his brilliance to it's use. It required a great mind to coordinate the numerous war machines, soldiers, pilots, and weapons of Warworld, and hone them towards one singular purpose. Victory

He laid back in his command throne, in the center of the bridge. He was of course surrounded by dozens of drones, tapping away furiously at keyboards, sifting through hundreds of systems at once, helping to maintain the operation of Warworld. Several Monitor's hung above and all around him showing data of several of Earth's defenders. There were several that displayed videos of Superman Wonder Woman, and of course various Green Lanterns. He clenched his fist at the sight of the will-powered weapons, longing to wield the light of fear once more. Loathe as he was to admit, the entire concept of the Sinestro Corps had been genius, and he had yet to replicate the same fear-based energy weapons as the rings that the cur Sinestro had created. Perhaps a ring from one of the earth-apes would helped to further his own research.

"An estimated seven hours until we arrive in Earth's orbit, lord Mongul. Assuming we maintain our currently course and speed." One of the drones blurted out from it's voice grille,informing the Tyrant, Mongul brought a hand to his chin, watching the monitor displays as they continued to cycle through recordings of the numerous foes he would have to face.

The Kryptonian was his greatest obstacle that much was obvious, but his source had informed him that the hero had not been seen for months. However, he would not tread lightly. Superman was sure to appear once his precious world was threatened. He had not doubt that he could outmatch Superman in a duel of strengths, however he did not wish to give the man a protracted fight and allow his allies time to converge or carry out whatever plans they had. Fortunately measurements had already been taken to counter him.

Of course, there was also the Batman. An uncanny one. His intelligence was something to be admired,as was his willingness to take on those greater than himself. However, he was still only a human, and therefore Mongul would break him. Perhaps, he could prove to be more valuable in the arena of Warworld? Although, it was probably safer to simply kill him. Lest he incite the flames of rebellion among his gladiators. Yes, his skull would make a fine collection for Mongul's trophy room.

Yes, Mongul was not one to go into any battle without proper preparation, And this time, he was more ready than he had ever been. He still had many more plans and counter measures. Whether his foe was Kryptonian, Martian, Lantern, Amazon or a simple man, all would fall before him.

Sonic Cry

Nocturnal Vigilante

GL_drake rayner

Superman Son of Krypton

Formidable Batwing

The Emerald Arrow

LexCorp CEO

Archon Thorne
Captain

Distinct Member

4,675 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Statustician 100

TaniyahStyles

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:27 pm
A young hooded woman stands on the balcony of her private flat that she had been staying at for God-knows how long. She knew it was dangerous to leave, and she had been in hiding for so long. Her heart, though, was in other places and secretly in the night she would go out, not for the reasons a normal twenty-two year old would, but to protect those who could not protect themselves.

Her night of vigilance ended favorably. In hopes of winding down her racing mind, she pulled out one of her favorite guns, a camouflaged AR-15 and with a cigarette pressed between her lips she began cleaning it. A weird feeling starts to come across her, and for being very in touch with her senses, she couldn't understand what it was she was feeling. She shrugs it off as nothing, as she didn't like to dwell on things that didn't matter.

A clean gun in hand, she smiles at the fruits of her labor and put the weapon back in the appropriate case. She finally start to feel gravity take effect on her eye lids so she switched on the TV, clicking through the channels to find something to drift off to. The TV went to static suddenly,
"What the hell man?" she thought to herself, not long before seeing Mongul and his message to Earth. Her tired lids quickly sprung wide, and she stood up faster than a scalded dog. Her eyes glowed like the firey sun, a flouresant green and she thought to herself, "I gotta find Furious...", and like lightning strikes, she was gone in a flash.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:10 am
Far from mortal eyes and from world of man, there was a land deemed Holy. Fresh from corruption and death.This location was in a secret mythical place on the continent of Africa..known by the name Orundu-Ife..a sacred place long ago deemed only for the worthy of the Orishas..This was now the temporary home of a certain Mystic Houngan Asogwe..at this moment his name was not important, what was important was that he was tasked with a mission. A mission of great importance. Almost over a year ago.The world was set upon by an evil force known as The Crime Syndicate. The Justice League's evil counterparts. This antithesis of the Justice League, they came to conquer and destroy. They ravaged the planet and almost took down the Justice League for good..Had it not been for Lex Luthor and a few of this planets own villains and criminal who rose to help defeat the Syndicate. What they didn't know is that something else came to this world. Something older than the beginning of this universe. Something dark and evil, very ancient evil. Older than most Gods and Infernal beings themselves. It came here for a purpose, as something that was lost thousands of years ago had finally been found
User Image

"THE NECRONOMICON"

The book of vile evil had resurfaced and was entrusted to the care of a Master Houngan Asogwe, and this Mystic swore to keep the book hidden but as always the book will find a way to return from the evil whence it came..and this vile being known only as The Visitor sought this grimiore for who knows what manner of dastardly and disgusting purpose. A Great battle took place over the skies of New Orleans at the location of the hidden and magical Sanctum Sanctorum of the Very Noble Mystic. Only with the help of his Grand-Father who was a Great Master Mystic himself who was slain in the battle and his soon to be bride Ana Pavati and also the Young hero Shazam was a participant with his various family of powerful heroes did they turn the tide and win the day while the world went mad around them from the destruction by the Crime Syndicate. There was a price for their win. The Mystic, whose body was battered and broken.. had to leave this world and go into hiding to prevent the grimoire from being found. It is beyond this world now, but it will forever call out to it's masters to be returned to their foul slimy tentacles.

We pick up where the Warrior/Mystic has been resting for many months after his great battle.
User Image
In this very Holy place, his wounds are healing..His body, mind and soul are rejuvenating.It may be almost a year later in the mortal world, but here..time is at a standstill. The Mighty Orishas Gods protect this mythical place and none can enter unless they deem it so. It is here that we catch up with the Warrior/ Mystic as he is in deep meditation, floating above the pure white sands in his ceremonial robes watching the setting sun, only here is a different sun as the Sky-Father spreads his warmth all around. As The Warrior/Mystic floats down to the sand. He looks out over the cool clear blue water and he reflects on his life and the many deeds he has accomplished and battles he has won. He thinks of his comrades The League and wondering where they are and what they are doing now. Only League member actually knows of his location and fate, as he was one of the only ones that be truly trusted with this secret. His thoughts then go to his Wife of only 6 months. His mind focuses and he sees her as she lays asleep with their young child lying next to her. He then thinks of his very headstrong and mischievous younger Sister and and his Family in hiding back in the mortal world,wondering if they were safe from harm. he left his sister with the means to protect herself, also remembering the fact that she too was gifted in the mystical arts. It was a special family talent
User Image
He stood there his back towards the setting sun and he wondered , where this next life's journey will take him.

FuriousStyles
Crew

Wealthy Tycoon

10,225 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200

GL_drake rayner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:57 pm
The sound of a roaring engine, screeching tires and Led Zepplin's "Whole Lotta' Love" filled the air of this Metropolis day. Drake looked around strangely, all the people were just walking about as if the whole planet wasn't just threatened. Drake pulled the e-break an screeched into a perfect park as the press was just leaving. Drake stepped out of his car and flashed a smile at the cameras "No pictures please," he pressed a button on his tie and all of the cameras shut down. He walked pass them to the door of LexCorp and walked right in. The attractive secretary at the counter didn't even look up at him; she simply pointed at the door and said "If you don't have an appointment see yourself back out." Drake smiled and leaned on the counter and said something unbelievably stupid, "No love I don't have an appointment, but you do, with the love doctor." He leaned his glasses down and gave her a look and she pressed a button, "Security will be here in a few seconds, I suggest you leave before they get here." Drake let out a sigh and leaned off the desk, he began to stretch. He pressed a button on his phone and his car pulled very carefully into the front door and the song played louder then before. Four men of various sizes stepped out of an elevator and walked up to Drake, he looked up from his stretching and said "Alright brovs, who's first?" Just then the smallest of the group stepped up and threw a powerful kick, Drake caught it in his hand and brought his elbow down on the man's leg. The snapping sound brought a smile to Drake face as the next two came for a hit, in one smooth motion Drake sweeped the leg of the man who had just been injured, his body fell in the direction of one of the men. With one of them distracted, Drake spun and hit the other one with an uppercut then five smaller faster punches to the gut. The man swung wildly, as Drake ducked out each swing he landed another two on the man until he went down. The other man, after removing his injured partner, sprinted in at Drake. Drake pressed a button on his phone and his car shot the man with a rubber bullet from the headlight, meanwhile the secretary was still sitting calmly at her desk typing. There was one man left and of course he was a big one. He walked in Drake's direction cracking his knuckles and laughing, Drake of course had a smile on his face because of course it was time for the guitar solo. Drake sprinted at him and slid, the man attempted to slam his fist on him and his hand went into the floor. Drake put three hits into his leg and ended up behind him, he pulled out a small rod from his pocket and it extended into a baton with which drake beat the man out of conciseness with. When he was done he walked to the secretary's desk as he fixed his tie, shoulder armor, and sunglasses. When he got there he leaned on the desk and said "So love how bout you and me go to the nearest supply closet and play a rousing game of -" No one would ever know the end to that line because the woman had used some kind of monstrous strength to pick Drake up by the neck and slam him through the desk. She then lifted up her other hand and fired an energy beam that destroyed drakes car. She turned to Drake and in a mechanical sounding voice said "Mr.Luthor has been alerted to your presence please wait here for his arrival," Drake let out a deep sigh and just laid there under her crushing hand, at least he was gonna get what he came for.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:39 am
The Emerald Arrow

The Batwing’s interior, plated a sleek black all around inside, displayed locks, buttons, numbers. Several monitors from little to big were on his left and right. A few of the monitors were replaying Mongul’s message. The volume was toned down, the large warlord’s message was borderline mute. “Initiate auto-pilot.” A simple voice command, nothing more. Batman let go of the controls, letting the aircraft fly on it’s own. “Batcomputer, bring up a list of current and ex Justice League members.”
The portable version of his supercomputer brought up a list of the new and old League members almost like contacts on a phone. Green Arrow, Atom, Wonder Woman, Steel.., Superman. He paused his thought process. He doubt he’d return anytime soon and kept the list moving. Of course. He pressed the circle labeled Furious Styles. Means of contacting him were rather simple, but he’d save him for later. Whatever he was doing, he figured it would was time consuming enough. He’d move through the list finally coming to a stop at a select few.

The list went passed Lex Luthor purposely, as it flew by Batman knew he’d be seeing him in this final fight. For now he stuck to members that would be easy and less than a waste of time to try and get in touch with. Steel’s current location where he resided in Metropolis was left without Superman. Star City, home to Green Arrow. He monitored his activity shortly after the falling out with the Justice League. He preferred helping the little guys. Batman took hold of the steer, edging it over to the left in the direction of Star City. That would be his first destination. Whether it was him or the Canaries, anyone would be of help at this point.

“Batman to Green Arrow, we need to talk.” The transmission came through directly to his HQ, whether he’d hear it before his arrival, Batman would be there soon.  

Nocturnal Vigilante
Crew

Dangerous Businessman

8,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200

Sonic Cry

Loyal Friend

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:29 am
After departing the gym, the boxer returned to a place that had not been visited in quite sometime. Sliding into an unnoticed hideaway shack, located in the industrial side of Starling City, the female boxer moved inside the shack quietly. Allowing her eyes to adjusted to the low light. She saw a sheen layer of dust particles floating around the room due to small openings in the shack's wall creases and roof line. The air was thick with dry staleness, as if this place had remained untouched for a good number of years.
User Image

Blue eyes settled upon a wall across from where she stood. Looking at a row of shelving and gym lockers that had seen better days. Having already scouted out the place, she knew that the room was left undisturbed. Walking over towards a locked locker, she fiddled with the rotating lock briefly which opened within a passing minute. Pulling the door open, she found herself standing there staring at the contents within. Following the outline of a uniform that gave the appearance, it had not been worn in a very long time. Reaching out with her fingertips idly hovered along the weathered, worn leather before her. Time was of the essence! Without any hesitation, the street clothes were replaced with the long, lost and forgotten uniform. The sensation of leather material, stretching and molding perfectly along every curve of her body. Actually felt nice. Lifting her hands up to adjust her eye mask, Sara knew it was long past due, to head back to old stomping grounds.

Walking swiftly across the vacant hideaway room, she reached into a hole in the wall removing a set of keys and weaponry. Departing the premises quickly on foot, only long enough until she arrived to a garage. Opening up the sliding door with ease, she saw that the garage was yet another place that had the stale air scent lingering about. Giving the garage a look about before heading over to a cloth covered motorcycle, promptly removing its cover as the dust stirred in a hush beside her. Sliding down taking a seat, she placed the keys into the ignition, saying a silent prayer. Almost instantly with those spoken words, the engine roared to life. Kicking the stand, as the female vigilante revved the engine a couple of times before heading off into a back alley. Once she knew she was in the clear, the female vigilante sped off onto a main road, heading towards the last known location of the gathering.

The Emerald Arrow

Nocturnal Vigilante

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:24 am
Bright skylights, packed street ways down below, and a tall very well lit building to top it off.
Palmer Technologies, practically home to businessman and inventor Ray Palmer. The bright blue sign lit buildings across from it, as an added addition, sky lights were placed on top of the building right into the sky. It became less of a business office and more like a place to test and house is his creative genius. His brush with death made him realize life meant so much more than sitting around in an office making deals and business calls. Tonight was a night he wanted to add to his collection of memories. Guests, invited and uninvited poured into the building. Bouncers would greet the fashionable men and women at the door while also keeping watch over the unprotected belongings on each floor.

Ray Palmer stood topside, leaning over the rails. The light blue “P” was being rebuilt after the large explosion that left him with nothing but benefits. The guests joined him up above with drinks all around. Tables had been sat out to enjoy themselves and view the night sky along with plasma screen monitors on the hard surfaces. Whether one showed a sports game or any other entertainment channel, people had more than enough to do. Before this get together, he was pounded with interview after interview, people wanting discuss what exactly happened and how he survived such an explosion.

He gave simple answers, “I had time to get away,” but that didn’t effectively explain his absence. “One day I’ll answer that,” he’d tell reporters and friends. He’d save his new trick for a big moment.

“I assume everyone’s enjoying themselves so far?”The socialites raised their glasses, craning their necks back to address his question with a loud cheer. He turned around to lean his back against the rail. High up enough, the wind blew his hair a bit but he didn’t mind, he enjoyed how refreshing it felt. People saw him differently but he was still the same upbeat and headstrong Ray Palmer. He didn’t have long with this place, knowing the company would be up to someone else, passed over control and no longer in his possession. He didn’t mind, he made his mark on Starli-..Star City in a positive way.

He’d be staring for so long down at the road beneath him when he felt a tap on his shoulder.

“Mr. Palmer, you should check this out.” Ray gave the young woman a smile and a nod.

“What’s the problem? Did it cu-,” He’d pause for a moment looking at a large.. “man” if you could even call him that. His message was long, his message was threatening and Ray could see fear build up in people’s eyes, but not all. Some went back to talking mid-speech as if it were a hoax. Ray knew better, this was real and coming right for them.

“Like we haven’t seen anything close to that before, what a joke.”

“Wow, I’m so scared. The people who get these crazy ideas.”

Ray was baffled by the responses, though he remained calm even putting on a smile and joking along with them. He was kept up to date on the latest events concerning his super powered friends. Relationships were tattered, lines were crossed. He missed a lot and it was time to get back in the scene. He waved to everyone, “Hope you guys had a good time, leave whenever you feel to”, entering the elevator and descending down to the very bottom floor of the building. Kicking everyone out seemed rather excessive. He’d give them time to realize the dangers ahead. The bottom floor was shinier than most above, almost like a secret base of his own right under his facilities. Several monitors and computers were laid out, a large island table directling the middle, and in the far corner of the room was his exosuit hooked up to a charging machine. A tube was directly above it that lead right outside.

He felt somewhat triumphant knowing this was his life now. Though he never met the man, he heard stories about the Justice League facing him years ago. Mongul, he barely remembered the name although in his opinion it was rather forgettable. Ray tapped the side of the wall, lights flickered on quickly along with the tech on the inside switching on. “So, what now?”  

DC Worldwide

Hilarious Genius

The Emerald Arrow

Wealthy Businessman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:44 pm

Back at the Arrowcave, Queen sat unhooded in his Green Arrow costume. While he chose to work this one alone it seemed fate had a different plan in mind. In fact it was a little more than just fate after hearing the low growling tone of Batman come in through the HQ. It had been a while since he came into contact with Batman. With everyone doing their own thing as of late. Oliver himself never really was without a team. The Justice League just had been one on a bigger scale per-say. Still, he chose to keep his other team out of this.

"You know, I don't have my hacker just hack into the Batcave. I mean, hell a simple phone call would have sufficed. "Hey Ollie, lets catch up. Maybe over a cold one." Then again we were never that close." Queen stood up knowing soon the Dark Knight himself would be making himself a unwarranted guest in just a matter of minutes. All joking aside Queen knew Mongul was a threat not to be laughed at.

Nocturnal Vigilante

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:49 pm
Steel quickly made his way from the outskirts of Metropolis to its center. Observing the streets below, he couldn't help but notice the confusion and panic Mongul's transmission created. Young or old, rich or poor it made no difference, the entire city was in a frenzy. Many were leaving their residence and buildings packed with their belongings. Others were running through the streets, most likely trying to get to their loved ones. Steel attempted to listen into the Metropolis PD's dispatch but couldn't hear through the noise that came from all the incoming and outgoing calls, "Everyone's loosing it. But rightly so....it's not every day a space tyrant invades your tv, phone and radio and threatens your home." Steel approached The Daily Planet. Stopping just above the iconic planet figure, Steel hovered and took in his surroundings. Sirens flared all around as police were being dispatched. Criminals were taking advantage of the situation to line their pockets and create as much havoc as possible. That was the last thing Steel needed, "I can let Metro PD handle the petty crimes. Need to focus on the bigger fish. No doubt Parasite or Metallo will use the chaos to for their benefit. Need to be ready." Suddenly an alert popped up on Steel's HUD, "Oh no..."

Archon Thorne

It was an insult to say that Mongul was not preparing himself for what was to come. The titles of Warlord and Lord Commander were not something he would so pompously give himself. No, those had been earned countless victories. Yes, he had in his possession a mobile battle station the size of a small moon, but it was a matter of how he to apply his brilliance to it's use. It required a great mind to coordinate the numerous war machines, soldiers, pilots, and weapons of Warworld, and hone them towards one singular purpose. Victory

He laid back in his command throne, in the center of the bridge. He was of course surrounded by dozens of drones, tapping away furiously at keyboards, sifting through hundreds of systems at once, helping to maintain the operation of Warworld. Several Monitor's hung above and all around him showing data of several of Earth's defenders. There were several that displayed videos of Superman Wonder Woman, and of course various Green Lanterns. He clenched his fist at the sight of the will-powered weapons, longing to wield the light of fear once more. Loathe as he was to admit, the entire concept of the Sinestro Corps had been genius, and he had yet to replicate the same fear-based energy weapons as the rings that the cur Sinestro had created. Perhaps a ring from one of the earth-apes would helped to further his own research.

"An estimated seven hours until we arrive in Earth's orbit, lord Mongul. Assuming we maintain our currently course and speed." One of the drones blurted out from it's voice grille,informing the Tyrant, Mongul brought a hand to his chin, watching the monitor displays as they continued to cycle through recordings of the numerous foes he would have to face.

The Kryptonian was his greatest obstacle that much was obvious, but his source had informed him that the hero had not been seen for months. However, he would not tread lightly. Superman was sure to appear once his precious world was threatened. He had not doubt that he could outmatch Superman in a duel of strengths, however he did not wish to give the man a protracted fight and allow his allies time to converge or carry out whatever plans they had. Fortunately measurements had already been taken to counter him.

Of course, there was also the Batman. An uncanny one. His intelligence was something to be admired,as was his willingness to take on those greater than himself. However, he was still only a human, and therefore Mongul would break him. Perhaps, he could prove to be more valuable in the arena of Warworld? Although, it was probably safer to simply kill him. Lest he incite the flames of rebellion among his gladiators. Yes, his skull would make a fine collection for Mongul's trophy room.

Yes, Mongul was not one to go into any battle without proper preparation, And this time, he was more ready than he had ever been. He still had many more plans and counter measures. Whether his foe was Kryptonian, Martian, Lantern, Amazon or a simple man, all would fall before him.

"Damnit.....it's going to be here soon...real soon." Steel left a program in the League mainframe to notify him when Warworld was making its approach to Earth's orbit. He clenched his fist, "Looks like it's going to now or never.... Steel unclasped his hammer from his belt and held it tightly in both hands and fixed his gaze towards the sky. He didn't know what Mongul would have in store when he arrived but he knew that right now, the only thing standing between the tyrant and Metropolis was him.  

Dr John Henry Irons

Nocturnal Vigilante
Crew

Dangerous Businessman

8,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:24 pm
The last time he was here in Star City, they weren't on good times. Batman reminisced about their first encounter. Fighting for the same cause although finding it hard to work together, he'd leave the city feeling as though they were more like rivals than anything else. A rival he respected greatly, which was why he was first on the list to contact. Batman admired Green Arrow's grounded personality to what he thought was right and was among the very few in the League he trusted.

The Batwing hovered over the coordinates he gathered that led to his hideout. High up in the sky, he looked down below making sure it was the right area. The cockpit glass shield opened, sliding behind him. He gripped along the side, making sure he was balanced while he rose up. With one swift jump, he was falling fast in the air, straight down. The cape moved from side to side, it's expansion seemed almost instantaneous. He descended carefully into the alleyway, a puddle sending water up under his boot. His neck shifted from side to side, scanning his surroundings. Obviously the place wouldn't be a wide open walk in type of deal, there had to be a way in, or simply avoiding the waste of time finding the entrance and contact him. The gauntlet on his wrist opened up grooves along the middle, a touch pad revealed itself. He brought it close to his mouth speaking in a low tone. "Open the door." A demand he would make that developed into a bad habit of doing so on other's turf. In his defense, these were no times for wasting it on polite formalities. The sleek metallic suit stretched as he did awaiting the archer to let him in.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:37 pm
He opened the door then seeing in front of him the Dark Knight himself. "Remind me to drop-in on Gotham unexpected." Oliver said, turning around allowing Batman to enter his base. He started halfway to his computer before turning to say something else. "I take it you've seen the latest broadcasts from big ugly." Making way to his computer. Oliver typed in somethings and started back at what he was doing. To him this was still a solo mission. Maybe even a partnership since Batman was here. As far as any League joining went. He had no plans to be joining in if this was a personal invite. He was fine doing his own thing with his own team. That's how he preferred it.

Though, pride aside he knew neither he or his team could go it all alone with Mongul. That said Ollie had not even been sure if the League together could stop him. When's the last time anyone had seen Superman? For a guy who was supposed to be Metropolis' guardian it seemed he was never really there. Where was Wonder Woman? Both were MIA as far as Earth went. Oliver had not talked to Hal Jordan in so long he didn't know if the guy was alive or dead. Then him, himself had just got back into this whole hero thing a couple months prior. But that was another story for another time..

"He does seem to love talking."

Nocturnal Vigilante

The Emerald Arrow

Wealthy Businessman

Mr Julius Griffiths

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:39 pm
TaniyahStyles
A young hooded woman stands on the balcony of her private flat that she had been staying at for God-knows how long. She knew it was dangerous to leave, and she had been in hiding for so long. Her heart, though, was in other places and secretly in the night she would go out, not for the reasons a normal twenty-two year old would, but to protect those who could not protect themselves.

Her night of vigilance ended favorably. In hopes of winding down her racing mind, she pulled out one of her favorite guns, a camouflaged AR-15 and with a cigarette pressed between her lips she began cleaning it. A weird feeling starts to come across her, and for being very in touch with her senses, she couldn't understand what it was she was feeling. She shrugs it off as nothing, as she didn't like to dwell on things that didn't matter.

A clean gun in hand, she smiles at the fruits of her labor and put the weapon back in the appropriate case. She finally start to feel gravity take effect on her eye lids so she switched on the TV, clicking through the channels to find something to drift off to. The TV went to static suddenly,
"What the hell man?" she thought to herself, not long before seeing Mongul and his message to Earth. Her tired lids quickly sprung wide, and she stood up faster than a scalded dog. Her eyes glowed like the firey sun, a flouresant green and she thought to herself, "I gotta find Furious...", and like lightning strikes, she was gone in a flash.

*A loud firm authoritative and very British voice sounded loud and clear over her communicator* "MISTRESS TANIYAH!! Are you out playing superhero again and disobeying your Father and Your Brother?! You were told to stay put and stay unseen. Your exploits in the area are well known now. You have been spotted many times assisting the locals. However brave you may be you are very impetuous and headstrong.You know that now is not the time for any member of this family to be seen. Tis a very dangerous time for us now. We must use great caution. What you Brother is trying to protect can not fall into the wrong hands, and our enemies will try to use us against him. I have kept the newspapers and reports away from your parents eyes, and if your Brother finds out about your recent actions. he may take back that ring he gave you. I suggest you return back here, or I shall contact him and inform him of what you plan to do. I also heard the danger facing us all but you are not experienced in these matters. let the Justice League handle this. As they always do when situations like this arise!" *He then waited for a response from her, he did not want to contact her brother but he would if she continued to disobey him*  
The Weekly Watcher: Old Role Play Archives

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff