Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Poop
  Turds
View Results

Xiporah

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:26 pm
Getting my fallopian tubes cut and cauterized on October 22.

This has been an interesting life journey, but I am so ******** ready. Tired of worrying about pregnancy, tired of dealing with my IUD. Tired of my "friend" saying snide s**t about my life choices.

Don't want to ever be pregnant or give birth, so why bother preserving my fertility with a reversible method?

My gyno didn't even look at me funny when I said I wanted permanent birth control. We discussed my options, I chose the method I wanted, asked about failure rates, ectopic pregnancy rates, surgical prep, and that was it.

I have to go to the other side of the county for an EKG the week before. Booo, but I am just going to Uber it over there (btw, Uber is the s**t .) and back.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:36 pm
Err, very personal choice...  

Deaux

Wisdom Chyck

O.G. Codger

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:33 pm
Xippy! <3 <3 <3 Hay gurl, haaaaay~
Wow, that's huge news! I hope everything goes well!
As for that so-called "friend", they can go ******** themselves.
It's YOUR body, it's YOUR choice.
Just 'cuz you got the equipment, don't mean you gotta use it, amirite?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:38 am
Right right!

I think the hardest part was telling my mom. I didn't have to tell her, I know, my body my choice. She already knows I am childfree, but I didn't feel comfortable going under general without telling her, and I'm not going to lie to her about why I am having an outpatient procedure.

Also it felt cruel to string her along and let her keep a glimmer of hope for me to change my mind. That feels extremely disingenuous to do that to a person whom I consider to be my closest friend. She and I have the kind of relationship where we literally share everything. No subject is taboo, even one that can make her sad, like this one.

I like other people's kids, (my nieces and nephews are awesome. I'm giving my teenage nephew stinky body spray for Christmas this year so my stepbrother will hate me) but the more and more I find out about the realities of pregnancy, childbirth and parenting, the less and less I want to experience it. It's not that I wouldn't love my child, it's that I would hate the lifestyle, the amount of work raising a child take and the restrictions that come along with it. I want all the fun and none of the work, but that is not how you raise a child. That's how you be an aunt, and I'm a ******** awesome aunt.

When I wanted kids, I had absolutely no experience with them. I never baby sat as a teen. I am an only child. My only cousin growing up was only two years younger than me. Holding babies feels unnatural to me. I mean I'm not going to say no or be a d**k, but I don't feel that sense of awe or nurturing other people say they have when they hold a newborn.

There are so many changes I'd have to make that I am just not willing to make. I like my life how it is, and I want it to stay that way.

Xiporah

Addykat

Dapper Krampus

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:46 pm
I am so happy for you. ;w; !  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:14 am
Good luck. <3 Love, support, and all that jazz.  

Junai Bokunenjin

Ferocious Flautist

51,590 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Just A Regular User 500
  • Forever a Musician 500

Wisdom Chyck

O.G. Codger

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:37 pm
Xiporah
Gurl, you don't have to justify your decision to anyone. You be you. <3
And I am really glad you told your mom, even it does make her sad.
'cuz like you said, it isn't fair to string her along or keep something like this secret from someone you care about a lot (and who cares a lot about you!)

And everything you said about raising kids is absolutely right.
It is a HUGE responsibility to nurture and raise a child to be a conductive member of society.
We've consumed so much media that those archaic gender roles have been baked into us and how having a family is the be-all-end-all.
"Get married! Have kids! Be a grandparent! After that? Who gives a ********!? BREED, YOU ******** let's be honest, not everyone can be a parent. Not everyone DESERVES to be a parent.
All I can think of is George Carlin (rest his soul) and how he says that pro-life activists don't give a s**t about life, they only care about birth.
As long as you're in the womb, your rights will be fought for. Once you're born though? ******** you, you're on your own.

Hell, even a Benedictine nun named Sister Joan Chittister said:
"I do not believe that just because you're opposed to abortion that that makes you pro-life. In fact, I think in many cases, your morality is deeply lacking if all you want is a child born, but not a child fed, not a child educated, not a child housed. And why would I think that you don't? Because you don't want any tax money to go there. That's not pro-life. That's pro-birth. We need a much broader conversation on what the morality of pro-life is."
A NUN SAID THAT A FRIGGIN NUN SAID THAT HOLY ******** doubt I even have to say this but just in case I do:
Don't you ever feel guilty about this decision. Don't let anyone tell you that what you're doing is wrong, because IT'S NOT.
I repeat: It's YOUR body, it's YOUR life, it's YOUR decision and if they can't deal with it? They can go ******** themselves.
Personally, I think you'd be an awesome mom, but you're already an awesome aunt so who cares! ;D

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:10 pm
I disagree. I don't think I'd be a good mother, and it doesn't really bother me. I feel like I'd be depressed and feel trapped. I do not know what to do with babies and young kids. I can handle kids who are old enough to use a toilet and an oven safely, but I can't handle small children by myself.

I also cannot handle working and raising a child at the same time. I can barely handle working and keeping my dump of a house clean.

My entire life is about finding the maximum amount of comfort for the least amount of effort. Kids are the antithesis of "least amount of effort."

Either way, it's less than a month to go. I feel like I've been waiting forever at this point.  

Xiporah

Xiporah

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:32 pm
My surgery was paid for in full today. $686.71 with insurance. I was not expecting that at all. I am trying to pay off my cards, I wanted to put this paycheck towards that, but c'est la vie.

$250 was my deductable
$436.71 was my 10% coinsurance payment (they pay 90%, I pay 10%)

Blood work and an EKG was done yesterday.

I am all set to go

Surgery is on Thursday

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:51 pm
Hay Xippy! How did the surgery go? (Good I hope!)
Are you feeling alright? *sends e-hugs anyway*

Wisdom Chyck

O.G. Codger

Xiporah

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:11 pm
I died. RIP IN PEACE XIPPoo sad

Everything went fine. I am having trouble with healing my incision. The steristrips they put on the main incision got all bunched up and dumb after my first shower so I have been keeping just regular bandaids on it instead. Because of that, the area around my belly button is now erupted with bad reactions to bandage adhesive. Skin was basically ripped off in some parts. I had no idea stomach skin was so sensitive.

Anyway it's kinda gross, but since the stupid strips they put on were about as useful as an umbrella in a tornado, I am swabbing it daily with iodine and keeping clean bandages on it. It's a little puffy and there's a scab on one side but it's not massively infected or oozing or anything so I think I caught it in time.

The gas (they pump you full of CO2 so they can get around and actually work without everything all squished together) migrated up to my shoulder, which they warned me would happen, so it made that ache off and on for a few days, but I've absorbed and farted/burped it all out

Also the vaginal bleeding has stopped. I had to wear pads for a few days. It wasn't bad. It was like having a light period (for me) so that was easy.

The second incision that was used for the guts-pusher-arounder tool is doing much better. the strips stayed on it until last night when they got caught on my shirt and ripped off so now that has a bandaid too.

I went back to work yesterday. I am feeling twinges down near my ovaries once in a while when I walk too fast, so I assume all that is still healing.

Anyway it's worth it for a lifetime of worry free birth control.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:04 pm
Hurray! I'm glad things went well! Boo on shitty adhesive strips.
I know that feel... my stupid delicate princess skin gets irritated by a light breeze. :T

Also, this may be a major-duh question, but does this mean you'll no longer have a period?
I mean... the whole reason we get periods is because our bodies decide to ******** off another egg sooooo, added bonus?
Personally, I'd be perfectly happy to never have a period ever again.

Wisdom Chyck

O.G. Codger

The Literate Spam Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces