User ImageUser Image

User Image

Titihaoa
Maori, v.
To shout with joy.

Early March 2017

User Image

Mood Music

Eden floated off of the bus with a grin, adjusting the shoulders of her top as she searched the crowd for Peter. She paused long enough to send a quick text to Ian letting him know she’d arrived, but barely looked at her phone long enough to press send. Ian didn’t matter right now; the party did. Peter had promised a surprise, and she could feel her pulse quicken at the thought.

“Eden,” a voice called. She spun around and beamed, seeing Peter waiting for her with his hands in his pockets. The nymph zipped over to him, meeting him for a hug. Small daisies bloomed along her collarbone and melted away, their petals drifting away on the wind. She was glad for the relatively thick material of her top - the early March weather still had a bit of a bite to it this late in the evening.

Peter’s mouth quirked to one side and he looked her over, making something in her chest bloom with heat. “You look great,” he murmured. He was different than when they’d met in the store - she’d learned that quickly. The “casual” Peter was much flirtier, much more sultry. His dark hair was messier but just perfect enough to know it was styled that way on purpose. It curled over his golden hazel eyes and she reached up to toy with one of the locks with a mischievous grin of her own.

“Thanks, so do you.” His jacket was black leather and silver zippers, layered over a simple gray tee. It was nice to see that he had some sense of style, even if it was simple. “I felt like I should wear it - you got me such a good deal, after all.” That pulled a laugh out of Peter and Eden’s rune pulsed brightly. She bobbed a little higher in the air and beamed at him excitedly, her wings fluttering against her back. “So where’s the party?”

Peter’s grin turned wolfish and he let his hand slide along her arm until he could take her hand. The skin he’d touched burned pleasantly under her sleeve and Eden felt her heart jump. They’d been talking for weeks now and she couldn’t get enough. Was this what a crush felt like?

“It’s this way. That’s kind of the surprise.” He pulled her along gently, but he wouldn’t have had to. She would have followed him regardless, and didn’t care where they were going. He led her a few blocks away, toward a slightly more industrial part of town with large machinery and significantly less crowds. When the people seemed to disappear altogether, Eden felt a small prickle of hesitation in her chest. Was there really a party? There had to be… Peter wouldn’t lie to her.

Sure enough, as they turned another corner she could hear a very muffled bassline. Her rune pulsed again and she squeezed Peter’s hand with a grin. “I thought this was a house party…?” His cocked eyebrow when he looked at her over his shoulder told her this was definitely not going to be a house party. Especially when they approached a large side door to one of the many warehouses, she knew he’d planned his surprise well.

When Peter opened the door and guided her inside, the music bloomed around her. Lights flashed in a rainbow of colors amid the darkness, illuminating a crowd of teenagers dancing. There were more people here than she’d ever been around at one time, except maybe at a mall. The bass thumped inside her chest and her pupils widened as her pulse quickened.

“Oh my gosh - Peter! This is awesome!” He bent down closer to hear her, bringing their faces close. She could smell his cologne, spicy and woodsy and enough to make her head spin. She turned back to the crowd and her wings fluttered as she watched them. One could pick out the couples quite easily, those with their hands on each other and their bodies so close no one could squeeze between them. She momentarily wished she had a waist - would Peter hold her like that?

His hand was on her back between her wings, guiding her toward the crowd. She hesitated at first, unsure about dancing given her lack of legs, but decided she would give it her best. And it was hard to resist with that baseline thumping in her ears. She folded her wings in to keep them from being pulled and turned around to face Peter as they found their place, her lips curling into a smile. He stepped in close and held her shoulders in his hands. Eden’s heart jumped again and she looked up at him through her lashes, hesitating. How was she supposed to dance? She glanced at a nearby group and watched the way their upper bodies moved, the way their shoulders bobbed from side to side and their arms lifted in the air. She could do that...

“Stop worrying,” Peter cooed in her ear. “Just feel the music, find the beat.” Eden closed her eyes, focusing on the quick and pounding baseline amid the techno sounds. She started swaying, each shoulder hitting a beat. Her ribbon bobbed gently beneath her and she could practically feel Peter smiling. “There you go. Good.”

His hands slid along her arms again, down to her hands to guide them up and around his neck. Eden opened her eyes and immediately found Peter’s. She was startled by how close they were, how her hair brushed against the lapels of his jacket when they moved. The music slowed, sounds like piano notes curling in the air as the familiar buzzing of the song grew louder. It was like time slowed down as she looked at him. He lifted one dark eyebrow and it changed his whole face, but he never broke her gaze. The black lights made their skin dark and his teeth glowed blue when he smiled. She glanced down at them and back up at his eyes, feeling her cheeks bloom with heat as he leaned closer. Her lashes fluttered as they hovered mere inches away from each other…

And then suddenly he was kissing her. Eden closed her eyes and met him, tilting her chin up as he pulled her closer. His hands were warm on her back, and her head spun when one drifted across her neck.

She was breathless when he pulled away. It hadn’t been anything steamy like in her TV shows - just a sweet, slow kiss to mark her first. But it had been enough to put the Frei on cloud nine and she laughed gleefully, throwing her hands in the air as the beat picked back up. The crowd cheered around her and she joined in, listening to Peter laugh. She would definitely have to tell Vesna about this, and definitely about Peter.

User ImageUser Image

RP Points
1150 words = 5 points
1000+ word bonus = 2 points
TOTAL: 7 points

Cynnybun

Anxious Kitten

Cynnybun

Anxious Kitten

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:56 pm
User ImageUser Image

User Image

Xibipíío
Pirahã, n.
experiential liminality - "to go in or out of the boundaries of experience";
the act of just entering or leaving perception, that is, being on the boundaries of experience.

Early March 2017

User Image

“Are you sure this looks okay?”

“It looks amazing,” Peter murmured, standing close enough that he could be heard over the pulsing music. The lights around them continued to flash in a rainbow of colors synchronized to the beat. Initially it had made her a bit dizzy, but now it only made her heart beat faster in her ears. Peter leaned in closer as they stood near the body painting station, his eyes focused on her temple as he gently dragged a paintbrush over the skin. It left behind a swath of fluorescent green that joined its siblings in a delicate but bold vine-like pattern. He had trailed them along the side of her face and down her neck, then across what was exposed of her chest. The entire time, Eden felt as if she might faint. Between the adrenaline of the party and the cloud of his cologne, it was almost too much. Almost.

“Mkay, if you say so…” She smiled as he pulled away to admire his work. The way he looked at her sent a surge of warmth through her rune and flowers bloomed on her skin to coordinate with the vines. She watched as Peter’s grin widened and listened to him take a breath.

“s**t, that’s incredible.”

Eden lifted her shoulder and smiled up at him. “Okay, my turn!” She reached for a brush and carefully selected a color, a brilliant warm yellow to bring out his eyes. But what to draw? Peter was too bold for vines, and she didn’t want to just copy him… Reaching up with her free hand she cradled his jaw to turn his head, and she felt her cheeks flush with warmth as he regarded her with that damned crooked smile. She dragged a deliberate line across his cheek, wavering slightly. Once a few others were added she had to get more paint and Peter had a chance to look in the mirror.

“Tiger stripes? I like it…” He laughed softly and the nymph beamed up at him with glowing purple teeth in the darkness.

“Yeah? I thought it suited you.” She managed to fit more stripes on the other side of his face, and down his neck. He had taken off his jacket at that point due to the heat of dancing, so she swiped a few on his arms as well. Satisfied with her work, she put the brush back and floated back to admire it. He growled, reaching to pull her back and squeezing a peal of laughter from the frei. She couldn’t believe that all of this was happening—is this what parties were really like? She had seen so many stories on Instagram and Snapchat, but to actually live it… The rush was intoxicating.

Peter pulled her over to another corner of the large warehouse where a large crowd of people were huddled around a table. They would cheer occasionally, lifting glasses up and draining them in one go. Drinking? Eden’s rune squeezed in her chest. “Come on, let’s get a drink.”

The nymph hovered slightly behind Peter instead of directly joining him at the table, tucking her hair behind a pointed ear. She couldn’t have alcohol… She shouldn’t have alcohol, right? Swallowing thickly, she shook her head when Peter offered her a little glass.

“I-I can’t. I mean, I want to,” she lied, “but my body can’t take it. It’s too processed…” She watched his face fall as his eyes darted to her ribbon and the glowing pink symbol inside it. Eden bit her lip and waited for a response. Obviously, he was disappointed. But would he be mad?

After a beat Peter took a breath and downed the shot himself. “That sucks. So you can’t have like…anything? What do you eat?”

Despite the heat of the crowd around her Eden’s skin went cold and she felt her fingers curl into a fist. She couldn’t possibly tell him. He would never talk to her again; it was too weird. Making flowers and flying was cool, and even having no legs was intriguing. But killing things to eat? No way.

“Uh—you know, fruit and stuff. It’s kind of like…paleo, or whatever?” She laughed shakily and tossed her hair over her shoulder. “But once I have a stomach I can eat all kinds of stuff! That happens when I get older.” The answer seemed to appease him, and he shrugged before taking his own shot.

After more dancing and playing some games, Eden thought to check her phone. The screen glared 12:30AM at her like an angry stop sign, and there were two texts from Ian along with a missed call and a voicemail. “s**t—“ Peter turned to look at her over his shoulder, holding a plastic red cup in a wobbly hand. “My dad’s going to kill me,” she said, feeling her chest tighten. She reached for Peter’s hand and bit her lip. “Will um.. Will you walk me to the bus? I’m sorry, I need to go.”

He blinked slowly and smiled warm and slow, like honey dripping. She ignored that weird sense of recognition that popped up again, like when she’d first met him. “Sure, babe,” he drawled. He reached as if to wrap an arm around her waist, giggling when his hand met only air and ribbon. The sensation was startling and strangely uncomfortable, but Eden ignored it. The priority right now was getting to the bus. Ian was probably panicking, and she didn’t want him to try to track her or something, or call the cops. God that would be so embarrassing!

They managed to stumble through the crowd to the entrance, Peter crashing into the cold night air with another laugh. “Gotta get home 'cuz daddy says so, huh? You’re so cute,” he slurred. “I’ve never dated a good girl before.”

The word struck her and Eden paused before fluttering closer as he led the way. “Dating?” He looked at her in mild surprise, grinning again and slinging an arm around her shoulders. That brilliant warmth in her chest was back and she felt a wide grin tugging at her lips.

“Course—“ He raised an eyebrow and tilted his head down to brush his lips against the line of her jaw. Her heart raced and it took her a moment to process his next words. “What, you don’ wanna date me?”

“No! I-I mean, yeah… I do,” she murmured. “I do wanna date you.” She matched Peter’s grin and reached up to pull him closer when he leaned in for another kiss.

BEEEEEEEEEEEP--

The sharp blare of a horn sliced through the quiet night and a flash of light blinded her. There was a lightning-quick squeeze of fear before it happened. She barely even heard Peter yell, but did feel a harsh tug at her neck before everything swirled in pink. She could hear the wind rushing in her ears but couldn’t see, could only hear Peter screaming her name.

“EDEN!!?!”

It had happened completely by accident, like a reflex. It was only as she was recovering did she realize what it was, and what it meant. As if from above her body she watched herself reform, a dazzling swath of pink blossoms condensing into a frei-shaped silhouette. She saw her fingers materialize and the last of the petals formed her ribbon, her skin completely unmarked and not a single hair out of place.

She saw Peter gaping up at her from the sidewalk where he’d fallen, hands outstretched as if something had been yanked out of them. All traces of drunkenness on his face were gone, replaced by cold fear and shock. She could hear tires squeal on asphalt as the truck continued down the road, unfazed by the near-miss.

“Eden!! Are you— What the <********>” Peter didn’t try to stand up, and when she floated down to him she was glad to see no immediate injuries.

“Wh… What happened? Peter, what—“ The stunned look in his eyes said everything. She’d scared him. “P..Peter, I’m okay. I promise, I…” She laughed, the sound bubbling up in her throat before she could stop it. Their fingers laced together and she heard him breathe for the first time in what felt like hours. She didn’t fully understand how, but they were both okay.

“I… I tried to pull you, but you…” He looked down at his hands and grasped at the air. “You were gone. The flowers..?”

Eden took a breath and let it out slow, feeling her hands tremble. “I don’t know, that’s… That’s never happened before.”

It took a few long minutes, but Peter’s horrified expression morphed into something else. She couldn’t help mirroring it, her lips stretching into a wide grin. She’d...teleported? Something?

“That’s amazing!! Eden, holy s**t!” They laughed together and he kissed her again, harder than before in a way that made her head spin. The relief that flooded through her was enough to take her breath away. He didn’t hate her! He hadn’t recoiled like he’d seen something horrifying. She held him tight and drank it in, relishing in the feeling.

“Are you okay? You fell,” she said dumbly, looking down at him again. He shook his head and waved the question away, stumbling to his feet.

“I’m fine—But you! You!” He laughed, clapping his hands once. “I knew you were special, but holy ********! What else can you do?”

Eden continued to beam at him and held his hand tight, glancing away when the bus pulled up with a tired squeak of its brakes. Oh, right…

“Come on, I’ll tell you on the bus.”

User ImageUser Image

RP Points
1605 words = 8 points
TOTAL: 10 points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:20 pm
User ImageUser Image

User Image

Kilig
Filipino, n.
The delightful feeling that sends shivers of pleasure down the spine
as one encounters something romantic.

Spring and Summer 2017

User Image

The bus ride back had been full of giggles and keeping Peter upright, after she’d had a chance to call Ian. Peter had had a hard time behaving while she was on the phone, even despite her hushed warning that Ian didn’t know about him. He’d insisted on resting his head on her shoulder and nosing into her neck, and the tipsy, lopsided glow of his smile had left her unable to deny him. Unfortunately his stop had come before hers, but they were never more than a text apart. Ian certainly hadn’t been happy when she arrived home, but he’d let her go to bed without a grounding. If only he’d known she wouldn’t be sleeping.

-----

The way he’d said it took her by surprise. It flowed easily from his tongue: ’girlfriend’. The mild shock on his friends’ faces matched her own, but Peter’s face had been decidedly calm. Natural. And the way he’d looked at her after she turned his way… She’d kissed him on the spot. The word ‘boyfriend’ had felt so heavy on her tongue in the past, but after that it melted like honey. It was sweet and warm – just like the way he smiled.

-----

She hadn’t hesitated for even a moment before posting the picture, the one with his lips on her cheek and his arm around her shoulders. It fit nicely with her theme, but for once that wasn’t her priority. She almost didn’t notice the likes rolling in at first, but the repetitive chime of her phone soon drew her attention away from the shape his lips made against her skin – she could still feel the warmth even hours later. Within minutes the photo had reached a hundred likes, and the comments kept popping up. The giddy, soaring feeling that spread through her rune tugged a grin onto her face, and Eden bit her lip to keep a giggle inside.

-----

One sweltering summer night she’d realized that, despite being sprawled out on her bed and having promised a girls’ night, she couldn’t remember much of her conversation with Vesna. The texting happened almost automatically now, the minutes between messages no longer agonizing. She no longer had to think for ages about each text she sent, whether it was flirty enough or cute enough or too long or too short. Each time her phone chirped she still felt a swell of warmth in her chest, but replying was so much easier now. Their banter felt so natural, and he never left her on read for long. Glancing up, she caught Vesna’s smile and set her phone aside, running her hands over her face. “Aah, I’m sorry! He’s just…” They’d dissolved into giggles after that, and she’d told her best friend everything.

-----

Despite spending so much time with him, she never took anything about Peter for granted. Every slow smile, every drape of his thick arm across her shoulders felt like the first time. Hell, she learned something new every time, too. Like the way the sun brought out auburn tones in his hair, and the way his hazel eyes turned different colors in the light. But her favorite would always be the bright, glowing golden-green that appeared whenever she used her powers. Today she’d noticed a small sprinkling of little moles along his shoulder, and she’d traced them with her lips as they soaked in the sun on the beach. The way he’d squeezed her hand made her lips curl against his skin and a giggle bubble up in her throat.

-----

She would remember the first time he’d really kissed her forever, the way his fingers had curled in her hair and he’d stolen her breath. His eyes had been that beautiful molten caramel when he’d looked at her, and she would have done anything for him in that moment. Anything she could do, that is. He’d kissed along her jaw, down her neck and brushed his lips against her collarbone in a way that made her pulse race under warmed skin. Unfortunately for Peter, Ian had chosen that moment to return home, the click of the lock resounding through the apartment like a gunshot. She had pushed him away and took a steadying breath, pushing a swath of fluffy English daisies along her hairline. “Hi, Dad!” The disappointment in Peter’s sigh still echoed in her ears.

-----

They’d gone to a movie near the end of the summer, something scary to announce the change from bright and happy summer into cozy, spooky autumn. She’d dressed for the occasion, all smoky eyes and dark, vampy lipstick to make her vibrant green eyes pop for him. A small gathering of spider lilies had been tucked behind her ear, her hair swept to the side for some drama. When he’d picked her up she’d seen the way his eyebrows rose and smiled, expecting a familiar low whistle or appreciative comment. “You went darker than usual,” he’d murmured, reaching to touch one of the spindly lilies in her hair. “It’s pretty, I just… I didn't expect it.” He’d chuckled and thumbed her painted lip like he’d done countless times before, but this time didn’t make her heart flutter.

“Is it too much?”

“No no, I’m just used to sweet, bright colors on you. Looks like my bubblegum princess is a vampire tonight.” That slow, sultry smile of his hadn’t warmed her cheeks that time.

User ImageUser Image

RP Points
903 words = 4 points
TOTAL: 4 points

Cynnybun

Anxious Kitten

Cynnybun

Anxious Kitten

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:52 pm
User ImageUser Image

User Image

Curglaff
Scots, n.
The shock felt in bathing,
when one first plunges into the cold water.

October 2017

User Image

After a good week of grounding as punishment for having a secret boyfriend, Eden was officially stir-crazy. The weather was getting colder and that meant cuter, cozier clothes, and she wanted to be outside enjoying it! It was only her second autumn, after all. It was strange to think about—the fact that despite how she felt inside, she wasn’t even two years old yet. Unfortunately, she seemed to have to constantly remind Ian that she wasn’t a toddler on the inside. He seemed all too intent on treating her like a child.

But tonight, he’d finally decided to end her house arrest and let her go to a party with Peter. It was only because of the promise of others being around, but that didn’t matter at the moment.

“Is it like a costume party? Or is it too early for that?” She browsed through her closet while she cradled her phone on her shoulder, listening to Peter sigh on the other end of the line.

“It’s not a costume party. Just hurry up babe, you look amazing in anything.”

Eden scoffed. “Ugh, please—I have to be the prettiest one there, you know that.” She giggled and finally decided on an oversized but cropped graphic sweatshirt, sweeping her hair up into a high ponytail. Peter was fortunate that she had already done her makeup, this time with a mid-toned caramel lipstick.

“Babe, you know you will be. Come on, I’m burning gas.”

“Okay! I’m coming!”

Ian managed to call out a curfew time before she dashed out the door, soaring over the side of the stair railing and down to where Peter was waiting. She floated directly down next to his driver’s side window, pulling a face to make him laugh. He’d gotten his driver’s license over the summer and she couldn’t be happier; taking the bus all the time was so lame!

-----

There was a dull hum of lively conversation throughout the house and Eden stuck close to Peter, only because she didn’t exactly know many of the other guests. Sure, she had met them before but only briefly and they were much closer to each other. Not to mention there was the way they looked at her—with fascination of course, but also a hint of something…distrustful. If she focused on Peter, she wouldn’t have to see the careful watching of their eyes.

“So… You’re a what again?”

“A Raevan.” She smiled at the boy who had leaned closer, propping his elbows on his knees as he squinted at her.

“And you don’t have a body? Like—you know, legs?” He tilted his head to the side in a way that reminded her of a dog following a toy.

The nymph glanced down at her ribbon, cascading in gravity-defying spirals over the edge of the couch. “Nope. I will eventually, though. My friend Cesc has legs, he’s fully grown.” She smiled excitedly, sweeping her hands along her ribbon as if she were smoothing a skirt. “Hopefully soon!”

Peter piped up beside her, rubbing at her shoulder as his arm was draped around her neck. “She’s amazing. Oh s**t—She hasn’t shown you what she can do, has she?” He sat up and let go of her, grinning. “Show them, babe!”

Eden felt her rune go cold. She kept a smile on her face, but it no longer reached her eyes and she took a deep breath. “Oh. Um, okay…” Eden was no shrinking violet, but having so many people watch her so closely brought a lot of pressure. The fluffy chrysanthemum hiding her hair tie slowly shed its petals and morphed into a crown of spider lilies, and again into a curl of crocuses behind her ear. A round of gasps sounded from the crowd and even more party-goers gathered around.

“Oh my gosh!! Can you do peonies? They’re my favorite!”

“She can do anything,” Peter interjected, reaching to brush his knuckles along her arm. Eden smiled, peonies blooming down the length of her ponytail. The girl clapped her hands, beaming from the lap of another boy where she’d perched earlier.

“Yeah, I can make any kind of flower, and leaves too. Or I can go without, but my ribbon always has flowers,” she explained, the peonies flaking away on cue. More ”ooh”’s echoed around her and she tossed her head to move her bangs aside with a smile.

“Hey, can you do that—the ‘poof’ thing? You know,” Peter motioned vaguely with a hand, obviously struggling for words. Eden opened her mouth to protest, but a few others chimed in excitedly.

“What’s that?” “The ‘poof’ thing?”

The nymph closed her mouth in a tighter line than normal, sucking her lips between her teeth as she thought. That had exhausted her the last time, and it had been as automatic as breathing. Could she even do it on demand? Tossing her ponytail over her shoulder and floating up off the couch, Eden took a steadying breath. She glanced at Peter hoping to find a hint of hesitation in his eyes, but found only adoration and those damned golden sparkles. Sighing softly, she closed her eyes and focused on the feeling of her body as it was—the shape, the size, the arrangement…

She could feel herself coming undone, dissolving into loosely-arranged pink petals. She watched her hands and arms disappear, then her ribbon. And then all at once she was everywhere, seeing the room from all angles. She felt free and light in a way that no other state could provide, as if the air was flowing through her very soul. But it ended too soon. Gasping, she condensed in a flurry of petals in Peter’s lap, her ribbon reassembling last. It was silent around her and she pushed herself up, checking her limbs and hair and coming back to herself as if she’d been thrust down into her body by force. And then they were clapping.

She couldn’t pick out individual voices yet, but their faces were lit up with joy and awe, a few in the back less so. She smiled sheepishly and laughed as she straightened her sweatshirt and tried to fight the dizzy, unfocused feeling in her head. She’d overdone it.

Before she could stop herself she felt the energy flowing in, warm and bright. She watched the nearby plants wither, their leaves drooping and the vibrant greens turning into deep olive hues. The clapping died down slowly as the other party guests noticed and her smile faded. She could have heard a pin drop in the next room with ease.

“What… My plants! Did she..?” The hostess turned to her and Eden felt her entire body chill. She glanced at Peter for help, but found only confusion and an awkward smile. “Eden?”

Frozen for what felt like an eternity, Eden felt panic flooding through her like an avalanche. She opened her mouth, but nothing came out. And then as if playing a joke, she laughed, pushing her powers outward as her lashes fluttered and her head spun. “Kidding!” She grinned as the plants came back to life and the other teens’ smiles returned. “There, good as new.” It took a conscious effort to keep from feeding and she could feel an ache blooming behind her eyes. She heard Peter laugh beside her and felt him pull her close as she brought a hand up to rub at her neck, the other gripping the edge of the couch cushion for stability.

“Amazing!” “Holy s**t, that’s awesome!” “Can all Raevans do stuff like this?”

Glancing up at Peter, Eden met his honeyed caramel eyes and saw the glow in them, the glow that made warmth blossom in her rune and her own lips curl into a smile despite the fatigue she felt settling in her core.

A voice cut through the hum, louder than the rest: “What else can you do?”

User ImageUser Image

RP Points
1319 words = 6 points
TOTAL: 8 points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:39 pm
User ImageUser Image

User Image

Meraki (μεράκι)
Greek, v.
To do something with soul, creativity, or love;
to put something of yourself into your work.

November 2017

User Image

“Eden? What is this?”

The nymph glanced up from her phone where she lay draped along the couch, her curiosity piqued just enough to pull her away from the colorful scrolling of her screen. Ian stood between at the opening of the hallway to the front door holding a very large package, trying to maneuver it so he could see the label. “It’s addressed to you, from… Colourpop?”

The silence echoed so loud in the apartment that a very distant car horn sounded clear as day. And then Eden screamed.

-----

It had taken a good forty minutes to get everything laid out, positioned just so on her fluffy white rug with the perfect accessories. She’d added a lit candle for ambiance, along with fresh flowers for more color and texture. The brushes were positioned just so and a lamp was perched precariously on the end of her bed to make all the products shine.

Arguably one of the most colorful and fun makeup brands around had blessed her with their massive holiday makeup collection, a PR gift in exchange for a review and publicity. Her online presence had ballooned in the past few months, growing so quickly it made her head spin. Now she had over 100,000 followers on Instagram alone, and very near that number on various other sites. She had received her first confirmation of her influence.

She pulled her lips between her teeth as she tweaked the photo one more time, still settled on the floor. Posting was an art form, with its carefully crafted composition, precise editing, and meticulous timing. After typing out a cute and engaging caption, Eden posted the photo and followed it with a link on her story to get the word out even faster. She filmed a quick video for her story as well, so her followers could see her excitement firsthand.

“Okay guys, I’m gonna go film this right now, I am so excited! I can’t wait to try all of this out it’s so gorgeous, I wish that the camera could do it justice! I mean, come on--” She panned to the carefully arranged makeup again and squealed. “Stay tuned for loads of swatches and a review! Thank you so, so much Colourpop, I’m so excited!!”

-----

The video had taken at least three hours to film, and another two on top to edit just so. Eden watched with rapt attention as the upload progress bar grew and grew at an agonizing pace. Ian was cooking in the kitchen and she could smell something delicious wafting into her room, but she couldn’t even think about eating right now. She’d made the perfect thumbnail, the perfect first PR review video. She had done reviews in the past, sure, but they had all been from her own pocket. Making it onto a PR list was a huge deal, and she thought she might burst from the excitement. She would never tell anyone, but she had cried while opening the package.

She may not have had the glamorous backdrop or expensive ring light that other influencers had, but her room was nicely decorated and clean. Besides, the focus should be on her and the products, not the color of her walls! Deciding the busy herself by starting on her skincare routine while it loaded, the nymph floated away from her laptop and into the bathroom, bobbing with pent-up energy and glee. She couldn’t wait to see what her followers thought, for the likes and comments to start rolling in. She’d made sure to change her flowers multiple times in a shot, to show off a bit for her viewers. After all, her powers were one of the reasons she had so many followers to begin with. They were what set her apart from other influencers and she intended to milk that advantage for all it was worth.

A cheerful ding sounded from her laptop and Eden nearly dropped the jar of eye cream she held, squealing. She zoomed back into her bedroom and saw the confirmation screen—her video was live! Scrambling for her phone, she started another short video for her Instagram story.

“Okay guys, the video is up! Please go watch and let me know what you think! I really love this collection and think it will be so nice for the holiday season! Swipe up to watch! Love you~” She blew a kiss to the camera and waved before the video ended. She made sure to tag the brand before posting the story, then let out a long, shaky breath. She couldn’t fight the wide, bright grin that stretched at her cheeks and she held her face in her hands. The lump in her throat appeared again and she had to swallow hard against the urge to tear up. And now, the waiting game would begin.

-----

It had started off subtle; one or two comments, mostly positive but with a little added criticism. She was used to it—there were haters everywhere—but these were different somehow. These made her rune go gold in her chest. And they just kept coming.

“omg girl your plants are dead lol”
“aren’t you a nymph? take care of those poor babies!”
“omg love this, you’re so gorgeous! but water your plants first next time sweetie lmao”

Eden’s eye clouded and she locked her phone, dropping it onto her bed with a soft thump. Damn it! How could they have possibly noticed? The plants weren’t even in focus during most of the video! Sure, the vast majority of the comments were still good, but those weighed on her like a heavy cloud. How could she be so stupid?

In the darkness of her bedroom she could see them in the window, stems drooping and leaves curled and crisp. She had fed before starting the video and hadn’t thought twice about it. Eden bit her lip and swallowed hard against a prickle in her throat, blinking back the burning in her eyes. She watched their silhouettes straighten and pose again as the life flowed back into them. Not only were all of her plants perky again, they were flourishing. Her lashes fluttered and she rolled over to face the other wall, burying her face in her pillow.

Fine. If it was perfection they wanted, she would deliver.

User ImageUser Image

RP Points
1055 words = 5 points

Cynnybun

Anxious Kitten

Cynnybun

Anxious Kitten

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:33 pm
User ImageUser Image

User Image

Tampo
Filipino, v.
To express sudden disinterest or hurt feelings,
where one usually pretends tantrum or fakes anger
to elicit apology or affection from someone.

Early December 2017

User Image

Eden sipped a mug of warm apple cider as she browsed through Youtube, catching up on all of her subscriptions’ latest videos. Whenever there was a lull in a video she would check her phone, looking for any notifications or messages. Earlier that morning she had asked her followers on multiple platforms what sort of video they wanted next and—as always—they were all too happy to give their opinions. But the theme that kept popping up over and over was Peter. She talked about him freely in her videos and posts now, and clearly everyone was curious. Who was this mystery man who was blessed with such a special girlfriend?

But what to do with him? She couldn’t just have him talk into the camera for twenty minutes about nothing—that would be so boring! Not to mention completely off-brand… A search of ‘boyfriend’ on Youtube brought up a plethora of different options, and she watched a few videos of each topic for inspiration.

She could do a Q&A? No, too invasive. Peter was somewhat private—he might not even agree to a video in the first place.

The ‘boyfriend’ tag? Again, possibly a bit too probing. Not to mention they hadn’t been dating too long; there wasn’t much story to tell. Sure, she could gush for hours if someone let her, but that didn’t mean Peter would.

”Boyfriend does my makeup..? Boyfriend picks my makeup…” At least these were cohesive with her image, and potentially adorable. Peter didn’t know much about beauty at all—that could be funny, right? A pulse of warm excitement flowed through her rune and Eden hurriedly typed out a message, complete with a puppy-dog-eyes gif.

babyyyyy would you do my makeup for a video? it’d be super cute! ♥

After waiting what felt like forever for a reply, Eden had gone back to watching videos for ideas. But when her phone chimed she immediately paused it, the faces on her screen frozen mid-blink.

idk, that seems kind of weird

Her smile faltered and she was in the middle of typing out a reply when Peter sent another message.

i’d be terrible at it, you’d look really dumb

She hated the cold flare of panic that bloomed in her chest at those words. Dumb? It wouldn’t be that bad, would it? Was he even considering it? Even a little? Lips puckered in a pout, Eden rolled over on the bed onto her back.

but that’s kinda the point! it’s supposed to be funny and cute c: pleeeeeease???

Before he could reply she sent another, hoping to butter him up.

everyone really wants to meet you, i brag about you all the time ;p

Peter was quiet for a long time again, and the nymph let out a frustrated groan. Boys could be so stupid sometimes! It was midway through a random product haul video that he texted again, and Eden sighed.

i’ll think about it, okay?

okay

That was all he got. Eden sighed heavily and watched as the plants on her windowsill wilted with her disappointment. She bit her lip and pulled her hair to one side, a crease appearing between her expertly groomed brows. Her fingernail clicked as she chewed it between her teeth and frowned at the peppy girl on the computer screen. With another sigh she closed her laptop rather unceremoniously and shoved it aside, floating up and off the bed and tugging at the sleeves of her sweatshirt. Stupid Peter…

While she was in the bathroom trying to relax with her extensive skincare routine, her phone chimed again.

hey you’re coming to my game tomorrow, right babe?

User ImageUser Image

RP Points
609 words = 3 points
TOTAL: 3 points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:56 pm
User ImageUser Image

User Image

Sigurista
Filipino, adj.
someone who makes sure that everything goes as planned;
the kind of person who will not act unless he feels totally sure
that the desired result would be obtained.

Late December 2017

User Image

Delicate, gold-manicured fingers brushed along a broad green leaf and Eden smiled. The plant hummed softly with warmth and gratitude as its leaves unfurled and its stems stood tall and proud under her hand. There was a variety of plants dotted around her room, all sorts and all her favorites (at the moment). Soft, fluffy peonies in her favorite shade of blush pink; a tall and hardy snake plant with beautiful striped leaves; and a delicate trailing philodendron spilling over the edge of a shelf above her bed. Even if her powers allowed her to keep them vibrant and thriving with no water or food, the nymph found that she still cared for them as anyone else would purely because she enjoyed it. However, today she did not have the time. So her powers would come in quite handy.

She waved a hand over the branching fronds of a parlor palm near the window, the thin leaves brightening and fanning out as if the sun itself were shining from the ceiling. A smattering of succulents on her windowsill turned their leaves straight up again and the exotic purple ones came back to life. She coaxed the long tendrils of a spider plant down from the basket it hung in at her window and turned around to admire her handiwork. It would make an excellent backdrop for a room tour video.

Though normally fairly tidy to begin with, Eden had painstakingly cleaned her room to spotless perfection. She had wiped down every surface, carefully curated her desktop and bedside table, her bookshelf, and even the windowsill to Instagram-worthy aesthetics. Her makeup stash was obsessively organized and decorated with candles, brushes in cute little cups, and a headband with pearly cat ears gifted to her by Vesna for Christmas. Every square inch of her bedroom and bathroom was just as it should be – though admittedly not as it normally was. This would perhaps be Ian’s favorite video she had done, if only because it meant she had cleaned so thoroughly.

The nymph took a deep breath and paused in front of her mirror to make sure every hair was laying just so, that her makeup was impeccable, that her soft velvet top was arranged properly on her shoulders. She slicked on a fresh layer of lip gloss for good measure and winked at her reflection with a smile.

“Hi guys, welcome back! Or if you’re new here—I’m Eden, and welcome to my channel! I know you guys have been asking for this for a while, sooo here it is! Today is a great day for a room tour, since… Let’s be honest, it’s gross and freezing outside. But I know you guys just love to learn all about me, so…” She laughed, putting a coquettish hand beneath her chin. “Let’s just get into it, shall we?”

She was thankful that this type of video required very little face time on camera. Though her concealer was perfectly blended and bright and her lashes applied and curled to perfection, she was feeling…less than eager for her closeup. She had noticed the darker tone of the circles beneath her eyes this morning, the way her skin did not glow quite as warmly without her favorite highlighter. Feeding a bit from her hardiest plant (Nagini, the snake plant) had helped, but she had taken only exactly as much as she needed. If anything, she was certainly thankful for the clip-on ring light she had received for Christmas this year. Good lighting could fix just about anything.

In between describing her bedroom and giving reviews of a few items here and there, Eden introduced her plants. Each had a carefully-chosen name and she made sure to give a tip or two regarding proper care. Not that she necessarily needed to follow through on them, that is. She ended the video in her bathroom, carefully angling herself and the camera so that she never caught much of her reflection in the mirror. The nymph was not usually one to shy away from attention or a camera, but today she just could not muster the effort of posing and finding her angles. Besides, the video was about her decor and organizational style—not her face. Not this time, anyway.

“Thank you guys so much for visiting, it was great having you over!” She giggled softly and allowed the camera to see her face again. “Make sure to give this video a like, and subscribe to see more of my bea-u-tiful face! Next time I think I’ll do a New Year’s Eve look—or maybe two? Let me know what you guys wanna see. I’ll see you next time, muah!” She blew a kiss and threw up a peace sign before the video cut out.

Eden set down the camera with a sigh and pinched the bridge of her nose. The beginnings of a migraine were blooming behind her eyes, the dull ache curling around the back of her head like spindly fingers around a victim’s neck. She took a breath and hooked the camera up to her computer to transfer the file, but she would have to edit it later. It didn’t need to go up today, after all. Perhaps tomorrow morning…

Her rune pulsed and she could feel the pull of her essence reaching out, like a child stretching to reach a high shelf where the most delicious candy was perched. But she pulled it back, reigned it in and locked it up tight. She looked at the way the white light of the window shined on the leaves of her parlor palm, the bright color of its fronds. She could feel it smiling at her, warm and innocent. Perhaps just a glass of water; she was probably just thirsty, right? Or maybe some hot tea to combat the chill in the air.

After changing into a cozy over-sized sweatshirt—cropped of course, to make room for her ribbon—she drifted out into the living room and sank onto the couch beside Ian.

“All done? That was fast...right?” His smile was warm as always, but the tilt of his mouth hinted at his lack of understanding. Even if he didn’t ask many questions about her hobbies, it was nice to know he at least supported her efforts.

“Yeah, I’ll edit it later. I’m tiiired,” she whined and pursed her lips as she pulled her favorite Sherpa blanket up to her chin. “Do we still have any of that tea? You know, the apple cinnamon one?” Ian let out a sigh of a laugh and got up off the couch with a groan, tweaking her messy pink bun on his way to the kitchen.

“We do,” she heard him call. “You want honey in it?”

“Hmm… Caramel, please.”

User ImageUser Image

RP Points
1130 words = 5 points

Cynnybun

Anxious Kitten

Cynnybun

Anxious Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:10 am
User ImageUser Image

User Image

Pochemuchka (почемучка)
Russian, n.
A person, often a child, who asks a lot of questions.

January, 2018

User Image

The nymph plucked at an imaginary stray thread on the sleeve of her sweater as she hovered in the passenger seat of Peter’s car. They’d been driving in silence for about ten minutes, after a conversation about Peter’s last lacrosse practice had fizzled out into nothing. She didn’t know anything about sports, and while she might normally ask questions or prompt for explanations, tonight the thought seemed like just too much effort. It wasn’t that she didn’t want to go to this party, or whatever it was—she did! But she had found she couldn’t summon the same energy that going out normally brought all on its own. Instead of her usual full face of glam, she’d settled for a simple neutral eye look and a swipe of soft pink gloss. The dangerously sharp eyeliner was still present as her uniform of sorts, but even Ian had been surprised. It had been some time since he’d seen her eyelids looking so natural.

Peter’s hand enveloped hers and pulled her fingers away from her sweater, and Eden looked up at him through her lashes. “You okay? You seem really quiet tonight.” He glanced at her for a moment as they pulled up to a stoplight and she could see the gold in his eyes turned amber by the red glow. She took a breath and let her lips curl into a sweet smile.

“Yeah! I’m just a little tired, I didn’t sleep well last night.” She knew that her concealer still perfectly covered the dark purple circles beneath her eyes, but she still worried about him possibly seeing them. But something told her he wouldn’t ask about them anyway.

He sighed dramatically and smiled at her, that same slow, honeyed smile that still made her want to squeeze his hand. “Didn’t get your beauty sleep? Were you up watching those makeup videos again?” He chuckled and she forced one as well but she let go of his hand and used her own to push her hair back.

“No, I uh…” she shrugged, “just couldn’t turn my brain off, I guess.” She squinted and laughed again. “You ever have one of those nights?” She shifted in the seat and adjusted the belt on her shoulder. She knew she was supposed to wear it, but it annoyed her to no end. She wasn’t even really sitting in the seat! The belt made her back press firmly against the leather and the confinement made her restless.

“Mmh, sometimes. Usually before a big game.”

The car slowed to a stop and Peter put it in park, turning to her with another smile. “Well, you don’t look tired. You look beautiful, as always.” He leaned across and tucked a piece of hair behind her ear, tipping her chin up to kiss her. Eden smiled against his lips and ducked forward for another peck when he started to pull away. The sound of his laugh made her wings flutter before he pulled away to get out of the car. Maybe this party wouldn’t be so bad. They didn’t have to stay the whole time, after all.

--

“So…you were born in a lab? Like a test-tube baby?” One of Peter’s friends asked as the others laughed at a joke she didn’t get. Eden couldn’t help noticing how little neck he had. He was virtually all muscle stacked on top of muscle, with a buzz cut so short she could see the shine of his skin under the light.

“Mhm. It’s kind of cool, actually; we’re made of—“

Another girl cut her off from where she sat perched precariously in a boy’s lap, his hands looped around her waist. “So, like…what do you eat? You don’t have a stomach so you probably can’t eat regular food, right?”

There it was: the dreaded question. Eden hesitated and pulled her lip between her teeth. “Uh, no—I can’t eat most things. But I can have natural things like, you know, unprocessed stuff.” It wasn't really a lie, right? She avoided the question as best she could and watched for any sign of doubt on the girl’s face. Thankfully the numerous red plastic cups littered about the room seemed to have taken their toll. She cooed in understanding and giggled as her boyfriend kissed her neck.

“I heard you guys eat weird stuff, though. Like…stuff that’s not food?”

Green eyes locked onto squinted dull gray ones and Eden pasted on a smile. How was she supposed to explain it? She could lie, but say what? Technically, he hadn’t asked what she ate. She could dodge the true question a little longer if she tried hard enough. “Yeah, it’s usually related to how we’re made. But it’s not really eating, exactly…” She smiled. “Like, my friend ‘eats’ reflections. So she doesn’t show up in pictures or mirrors or anything, and I don’t either if we try to take a selfie together.” A giggle bubbled up and Peter pulled her closer with an arm around her shoulders. “So like, I ‘eat’ sunlight and water and stuff like a plant. Since I’m made of a plant.” Again, technically the truth.

That earned a round of ‘ooh’s and ‘aah’s. She couldn’t help letting out a little sigh of relief. Perfectly manicured fingers pressed against her temple in an attempt to ease the dull ache that had settled there. Peter kissed her hair and she looked up at him, trying to relax like the easy slope of his smile. “They really like you.”

“Do they? I feel like I’m being interviewed…” She laughed shakily and took a deep breath. Her rune was glowing softly, less brightly than normal, and she could feel the heaviness settling into her limbs. It had been happening more and more lately, whenever she waiting too long to feed. But she couldn’t, not again. Last time they had all looked at her as if she’d killed someone. If she did it again, who knows how they would react. She couldn’t chance that again.

“So will you ever grow a body?”

The nymph laughed again and flushed. “Yeah, eventually! There’s no real set timeline, though…” She glanced at Peter, but his smile had faded. She floated a bit more upright and looked at him, her brows creasing. “I-I mean, hopefully soon! I wanna be able to eat fancier food, too!” She forced another giggle that she hoped sounded genuine. She looked to Peter again and brought his hand up to kiss his knuckles. Clearly someone saw the gesture because she heard a few snickers from the other side of the room.

“Yeah, I bet Peter can’t wait, either!” A few others laughed and warmth rose in Eden’s cheeks. It wasn’t as if she hadn’t thought about it too. Peter often tried to push for more when they kissed, and she couldn’t say she didn’t wish for it too, but… Was that all his friends thought about when they saw them together? Did they make jokes about it? She swallowed thickly but kept a smile on her face as she leaned her head on Peter’s shoulder. She laughed and was relieved to hear him chuckle as well. Maybe it wasn’t such a big deal. They’d only been dating…almost a year. Almost a whole year! How had it gone by so fast?

If Peter really had a problem with what they could and couldn’t do, he would have said something by now, right? But the way his hand tightened in hers told her that he might be more impatient than she’d thought.

-----

The night had quickly dissolved into another performance. Draining and reviving plants, sprouting new ones, and dissolving her arms; she did it all for them. But when her headache blossomed into a heavy pounding behind her eyes, Eden let herself drift back down to the couch. Peter draped an arm over her shoulders and she rested her head on his shoulder.

“Come on, do it again! Can you make birds of paradise?”

Peter grinned down at her, but when she hesitated the corners of his mouth twitched down slightly. “I’m sorry guys, I’m really tired… I don’t think I can do any more tonight.” She smiled, but the room echoed in a chorus of disappointed ‘aw’s. She bit her lip and fussed with the sleeve of her sweater again, anxious. She needed them to like her. When had she become so needy, so obsessed with approval? Her rune felt cold in her chest and she held out a hand. She pushed, her fingers flexing and her palm opening wide as her head spun. All she could muster was one tiny flower, the long petals less vibrant than they might normally be. It sprouted directly from her palm and she smiled when the others clapped for her. The flower almost immediately wilted back into nothing, the petals falling away and down to the carpet. She leaned back into Peter’s arms and rubbed her forehead firmly with a sigh.

“Are you okay?” Peter’s voice was soft as it rumbled in his chest, and gentle fingers smoothed the hair back from her face. She took a breath but couldn’t make herself smile.

“I.. I think I need to go home,” she murmured. Her throat felt tight and she swallowed against the lump forming there. “I really don’t feel well.”

She felt him sigh, and he was quiet for a moment before his hand curled around her arm. “Okay. Let me say goodbye, okay?” He stood up and left her on the couch, and she watched him go as their hands drifted apart. The way he avoided looking at her made her sink down further onto the couch cushion, her ribbon coiled tightly beneath her. He was upset. She could see it in the tight way he held his shoulders, in the pull of his mouth when he smiled at his friends. Eden pulled in on herself and watched him move about the room easily. It was so easy for him; everyone loved him. She knew he’d probably never been criticized in his life, not with that face and his natural charm. How could it be so easy?

A sharp twinge on her thumb made her draw in a hissing breath; she’d picked a hangnail until it bled. As she brought it to her mouth to soothe, she caught Peter and the hostess glancing at her from across the room. They smiled, but it was too slow to be genuine. She couldn’t bring herself to return it.

User ImageUser Image

RP Points
1753 words = 8 points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:22 am
User ImageUser Image

User Image

Shedding Light
February, 2018

Cesc hand-delivers Eden's birthday present and notices she may not be doing as well as she seems.
(In progress.)

User ImageUser Image

RP Points

Cynnybun

Anxious Kitten

Cynnybun

Anxious Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:04 pm
User ImageUser Image

User Image

Ilunga
Tshiluba, n.
A person who is ready to forgive and forget any abuse for the first time,
tolerate it the second time, but never a third a time.

March, 2018

User Image

Peter’s hand in her hair sent Eden reeling, swooning as if she were in a cheesy romantic comedy. It really was real, this rush and the fireworks that kisses brought. Sometimes they weren’t as vibrant and powerful as others, but his attentions still brought a tingling sense of warmth. His lips were soft against hers and his kisses were slow and warm like the honey color of his eyes. Whenever he kissed her, she never cared where they were. Despite any disagreements they had, kisses meant he still cared about her. He’d kissed her after the party that night, when he’d dropped her off. It was in the car as always; he didn’t often walk her to the door anymore. At least not on nights when he was feeling inconvenienced. That kiss hadn’t been as tingly. But she’d appreciated it all the same, and the way his fingers brushed along her neck had still brought a smile to curve her lips.

But tonight he was more insistent, more attentive. Sometimes she caught him moving an arm as if to wrap it around her waist and pull her closer; he’d gotten better at covering it up with his hand finding the space between her wings. It happened again and she sighed against his mouth. She hoped it sounded like a reaction to the touch instead of disappointment. Peter moved away to trail kisses down her neck to the pale skin at her shoulder where her sweater had drifted to the side. With his attention elsewhere for the moment she was able to open her eyes. The spackling on the ceiling was swirled in wavelike patterns and she lost herself in them for a few long moments. It wasn’t that she was bored, or at least not entirely. Perhaps ‘tired’ was a better word. She realized she’d been using that word a lot lately. Tired…

Fingers dipped beneath the hem of her shirt and tested the skin of her back, and Eden drew in a sharp breath. Lashes fluttering, she wrapped her arms around his shoulders and toyed with the soft hair at the nape of his neck. “Peter…” His mouth became more insistent, lips pressing more firmly against her skin as he made his way back up her neck and toward her ear.

“How long does it take?” His voice was hungry and breathless against her hair and a shiver ran up her spine. The nymph swallowed thickly and her eyes closed as she sighed heavily. Again? She drew back and let her hands drift down his chest as she rested against his arms, before she reached up to touch his jawline. The stubble prickled under her fingertips and she bit her lip. She could feel his eyes boring into her face, but didn’t meet his gaze.

“I don’t know,” she murmured. Peter sighed and she felt a flash of guilt, her brow creasing as she peeked up at him. He’d pulled a hand back to pinch the bridge of his nose and rub at his eyes. She knew what that meant. Her hands fell down to her ribbon and she let her shoulders slump. She was tired of pretending not to be hurt. “It’s different for everyone, no one knows.” She tried to explain, but the set of his jaw said it wouldn’t help.

He opened his mouth to reply, pausing to choose the right words. “It’s been almost a year, Eden. You’re…two, right?” His mouth quirked as he said that; it was a difficult concept for many people to grasp. Raevans never looked their real age. They popped out of the tank like fully formed teenagers in most cases, but they were truly newborns. “Does it normally take this long?”

Eden frowned down at her hands and worried the edge of her thumb with her nail. It had been red and swollen quite often these days, frequently picked and bleeding. “I told you; it’s different for everyone. There’s no guideline.” Her frown deepened for a moment. “It’s not my fault--I’m not staying this way on purpose, Peter.” No doubt surprised at the edge in her voice, Peter reached for her arm. He rubbed it gently and linked their fingers. “You think I don’t want to give you more, too?” She sucked in a sharp breath and laughed dryly. “Believe me, if I could just skip Sigel, I would.”

His dark brows drew together. “Sigel?” His thumb was running back and forth over her knuckles in an effort to calm her, but she couldn’t be soothed with gentle touches. Not anymore. But the thought of his possible reaction to this discovery made her pause. This would add another wrench in the ticking clock of their relationship.

“Yeah, um… I should have told you, there’s a middle stop. I’ll have a stomach, but nothing below that.”

Peter was quiet for an achingly long moment and Eden felt her frustration grow into a firm knot in her chest. He sat back against the couch and sighed, tapping his thumb on his knee in a nonsensical rhythm. “And then you wait again? You didn’t tell me that.” His tone held more than just curiosity. Impatience. Frustration. He ran a hand over his face but it couldn’t hide the irritated slope of his mouth.

“Yeah. Again, I don’t know how long. Is that a problem? Is sex all you’re after here?” She crossed her arms over her chest and glared at him. Could he really be that shallow?

“It’s not—Eden, I like you. But it’s been a year! Most couples have…you know, progressed by now. I didn’t expect it would take this long.” He held his hands out in a silent plea, but the nymph’s glare remained strong.

“Peter, I don’t know how you haven’t noticed by now, but we’re not ‘most couples.’ I’m not ‘most people.’ And I can’t do anything about it. Is…what I already do not enough? Is this all you want from me?”

There it was again, that gaping look as he searched for what to say. The hesitation was enough. She sighed, running a hand through her hair in a swirl of bubblegum and petals. They floated to the ground but were not replaced. He reached for her, hands curling gently around her shoulders. “Eden, hey—I’m sorry you’re upset, I just… This is a lot more than I expected. I didn’t know what I was getting into. You didn’t give me a guidebook or anything.”

“You mean a relationship? My first relationship? I’m sorry it’s been such a struggle for you.” She felt her powers surge and the mere thought of thorns was enough for them to appear on her skin. Peter drew back with a hiss and looked at his palms, sparking a quick flash of regret in her chest. Eden took the chance to float away, hovering back and forth on the other side of the coffee table. She watched him sigh heavily and fold his own arms over his chest. She had always thought him handsome in a confident sort of way, but now he just looked arrogant. Too handsome.

He stood up, taking a step toward her. “Eden, look. It’s just…weird, you know? Guys talk about these things with their friends. What am I supposed to say? ‘I don’t know when it’ll happen, if ever’?”

She narrowed her eyes at him and straightened up. “Your friends? Peter! Even if I could, who says I’m ready? You said it yourself, I’m two years old! I might not look it, but I’m not in the same place as you!” She withdrew in on herself and rubbed at her eyes, pressed the heels of her palms into the sockets until it hurt. “I just… I can’t believe this is such a problem.”

He gestured widely and looked up at the ceiling in a way that made her bristle and her nails dig into her palms. “Look, I didn’t… I didn’t think I was signing up for literal years of waiting, Eden. This is just—a lot.”

“’Signing up’? This isn’t…like, a contract! What, is there some timeline that I should be following?” She threw up her hands and took a sharp breath. “I’m sorry you have to deal with this s**t and your friends don’t, I know it’s so unfair. I just… I didn’t think you’d care about what I can and can’t do more than me as a person.”

“If I didn’t care, would I have already waited a damn year? You--” Peter sighed again and she felt a rush of anger rise up like a wave. “I thought you’d have been more honest with me, Eden. You’re,” he drew in a slow breath, “amazing, but sometimes you really do act your age.”

She felt her essence push outward, driven by starvation and reaching for him with hungry fingers. His heavy, agitated energy trickled in and she watched his face shift as she drained him. His eyes had changed; they were dark now, a stormy cognac that made her throat tighten and her eyes burn with the threat of tears. He cleared his throat and took a breath. She saw his hands flatten as he calmed himself. “I think I should go. We’re not getting anywhere with this.”

Eden felt her lip tremble and pressed them together to still it. She was not a baby, she was not going to cry. “Fine,” she sighed, her anger fizzling out. He moved forward as if to kiss her goodbye, but stopped himself and sighed. The front door clicked shut and she growled, raking her hands through her hair so quickly that her scalp twinged in protest. The burning in her eyes boiled over and tears rolled down her cheeks as she drifted toward the bathroom. So much for a romantic evening.

User ImageUser Image

RP Points
1636 words = 8 points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:06 pm
User ImageUser Image

User Image

Untitled
April, 2018

Eden arranges for a sleepover to catch up with Vesna, and tries to truly open up.
(In progress.)

User ImageUser Image

RP Points

Cynnybun

Anxious Kitten

Cynnybun

Anxious Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:08 pm
User ImageUser Image

User Image

Razljubít (разлюбить)
Russian, v.
"Falling out of love;" to lose a feeling for someone you once loved
but no longer feel the same way about.

May 24th, 2018

User Image

4/21/2018
hey, can we talk?

4/26/2018
babe?

5/1/2018
i know you’re busy with school but can we please talk?

5/10/2018
peter, come on. i’m sorry i freaked out.

5/22/2018
fine.
will you at least just tell me if we’re not together anymore? it’d be nice to know.

It had been yet another two days since she’d sent the last message, with no sign of Peter even typing anything. The check marks next to her bubbles told her that he had at least opened the messages, but apparently couldn’t be bothered to bless her with a response. Her initial panic and heartbreak and sadness had been replaced with irritation by now, and there had been an almost constant line between her brows for the past week. Even Ian—the least confrontational and nosy person she knew—had asked her multiple times about how she was feeling. Unfortunately, her response was always the same. She would take a deep breath and paste on an apologetic smile, and lie to his honest, concerned face: “Just tired.”

Eden pushed herself up and off of the cushioned window seat that her grandfather had built for her, complete with back rests and storage so that she could curl up and watch the park across the street change throughout the year. She had spent the larger part of the afternoon trying to muster the energy to create a look or even coordinate an aesthetically-pleasing post, but ultimately had come up short. Even if she logically knew that she wasn’t required to post something every day, anxiety still clawed at her chest. Would she lose followers? How many? Could she handle that, combined with the drama with Peter?

The nymph let out a heavy breath and drifted into her bathroom, flipping on the light with a flick of her wrist. “Oh!” The face staring back at her in the mirror made her gasp—the circles beneath her eyes looked like fresh bruises and the natural flush of her skin had turned sallow and dull. When had she gotten this bad? The sweet little snake plant she had moved to her bathroom called to her, offering itself to her. The soft hum of her rune pulsed at the thought of sustenance, but she glanced away from those tall, elegant leaves. She didn’t need it. She just needed a bit of eye cream; it would be fine. No one would notice. Perhaps some concealer, just in case…

User Image

She was mid-way through carefully patting the cream onto her skin like a master painter when she heard it: that familiar chime. Energy surged through her chest as the urge to rush to her phone washed over her, but she hesitated. If it was Peter, did he deserve that eagerness? ”Absolutely not,” Eden snapped at herself. She carefully screwed the cap back on the jar and set it down with a soft clink, losing herself to her thoughts for a long moment. He had made her wait nearly an entire month for just one response. Should she even respond at all? Should she be the better person, or give him a taste of his own medicine? Her for-once-unpainted eyelids fluttered as she drew in a slow, deep breath and picked up her moisturizer. Five more minutes wouldn’t kill him.

After allowing herself to complete the rest of her ritual for the evening, Eden drifted almost fearfully back into her bedroom. Was it really Peter? Or was it Vesna again with another meme or picture of something that had reminded her of someone? The thought of her best friend only increased the unsettling feeling in her stomach—or what would be her stomach. She swallowed thickly and floated down onto the plush white comforter. Trembling fingers curled around her phone but a long moment passed before she was brave enough to turn it over, and only after another deceptively pleasant chime.

5/24/2018
look eden i just don’t think this is going to work out.
it was really fun and you’re amazing, but we want different things.

What? Different things..? Her eyes clouded over so quickly that she almost didn’t see the third message when it popped up.

good luck with everything.

“Rrrgh!” She threw the phone down so forcefully that it bounced and landed on the floor beside the bed with a harsh clatter. The thought of a broken screen elicited no worry, no hurried reach to check it. The warmth of her tears on her cheeks only spurred Eden on and she sobbed, her mouth twisting into an ugly grimace before she covered her face with her hands. A whine ripped itself from her throat and she let herself wallow in it, let the emotion crash over her for once in her life. Every muscle in her incomplete body tensed and she pressed the heels of her palms against her face until it ached. She drew in a breath that rattled and shook only for it to be promptly let back out in another heavy, creaking cry.

She hadn’t cried like this since finding the site of Antheia’s former meadow, and even then she had been more subdued. The tragedy of that had been somewhat removed from herself, at enough of a distance to prevent true heartbreak. But this—this was guttural. This ache in her chest was enough to make her curl in on herself as she laid down. It wasn’t until there was a wet spot the size of her face on her pillow that she finally ******** Peter! Eden sat up in a flourish and flipped her pillow over, punching it a few times as she stared down at the soft white cotton. It was lucky that she hadn’t been wearing mascara while crying, or she’d have to add laundry to her chores. But part of her was…almost disappointed to see the cotton unmarred. If there was no evidence, were her feelings even real? Had she wasted that time?

One thing had been wasted, that was for sure: the last year’s worth of energy. All of those smiles, all that effort, all those carefully crafted outfits and makeup looks just to get him to smile at her or pull a compliment out of him. He was worse than Ian sometimes; only when changes were drastic did he actually mention them, and not only with simple curiosity. The first time she had worn darker makeup around him he had acted like she was a completely different person. She wiped at fresh tears and let out a harsh grumble of a sigh. Getting emotional engagement from Peter, at least in the last few months, had been like pulling teeth. How had she not seen this coming?

Flattening herself against the bed, Eden reached down to rescue her phone. Thankfully the screen was in one piece and still cheerfully bright when she brushed her fingers across it. The small little flower charm attached to it brushed against her hand and the nymph paused, turning it between her fingers. Vesna… She flopped back down on her pillow with another heavy sigh and stared up at the intricate swirls in the plaster of her ceiling. Their sleepover had been nice, but it hadn’t exactly made her feel better. Vesna going home without leaving behind any familiar sense of energy or healing had been startling to say the least. She loved Vesna, she really did, but… Sure, everyone loves a supportive and encouraging friend, but it was becoming painfully aware that they very rarely talked about anything deep or personal. Most of their time was spent with her giving Vesna (sometimes admittedly bull-shitted) advice or with Vesna feeding into her façade. Was it working too well? When had she started maintaining it even with those closest to her?

Her thumb hovered over Vesna’s name before she turned off the screen and set her phone aside—more gently this time. The decision brought back that ache in her heart and she rolled onto her side again to close her eyes. Something told her that Ian would be useless in helping her feel better at the moment. He had never been good with feelings, with comfort, but she did appreciate that he always tried his best. But right now—right now she didn’t have the energy to pretend it was enough for him to offer her a warm blanket and a cup of tea. Right now it might just be best to wallow alone in the dark.

And possibly to make a list of reasons why Peter was horrible.

User ImageUser Image

RP Points - Growth Quest
1422 words = 7 points
Art Points
Full Shading = 6 points
Waist-Up (Full-body Frei) = 3 points
Bust (Reflection) = 2 points
Full Background = 6 points

TOTAL: 26 points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:42 pm
User ImageUser Image

User Image

Sib Ncaim
Hmong, v.
To part ways and never meet again - a separation of two people
or things after a brief encounter.

June, 2018

User Image

It had only taken Ian a few hours the next morning to figure out that something was wrong. Eden had come out of her room considerably later than normal, apparently having put little if any effort into cleaning up. Her eyes had still been bleary with sleep, her hair wild and tumbling down her back in a way that told him she hadn’t even bothered to brush it. She wasn’t expected to doll herself up first this in the morning, of course—but it was unusual for the nymph to skip her routine. Her face was dull and pale, suggesting she hadn’t used her countless skincare products that morning. But it was the dark, dark circles beneath her eyes that shocked him the most. Raevans were physically gorgeous, perfect in nearly every way; Eden had not had those circles in the past.

“Eden, are you feeling alright?” It was a simple enough question, phrased gently to avoid offending her. It usually garnered a simply, short reply without so much as a glance away from her phone. But the device was notably absent, her normally vibrant green eyes focused dully on the television instead.

“I broke up with Peter last night.”

He wasn’t stupid. Ian had been with Eden every day for her entirely life, and though they weren’t attached at the hip he knew when she wasn’t herself. And it wasn’t just because of Peter. Though she was always careful about her appearance and enjoyed spending time perfecting her outfit or makeup, this was…different. She agonized every time she got dressed, and it was taking her longer and longer as of late. And he wasn’t blind—her hair was softer in color now, more of a pale rose. Her green eyes held less light and energy, less curiosity. It was as if a gauzy curtain had been draped over the Eden he knew and he was looking at some foggy, muted version. But emotions had always been his hardest subject. How was he supposed to talk to her without pushing her further away?

---

Telling Vesna had gone pretty much how she’d expected. She had broached the subject in a very “Vesna” way, with a lamenting text peppered with sad emojis. But Eden knew that, even if Vesna seemed silly or immature, she was always honest and sincere. At the very least, she could always count on Vesna to look on the positive side of things, or at least to try to make her feel better. If she were being honest, Eden admired that about her friend. The rusalka’s smile was always bright and genuine, her gestures entirely open and animated in a way that Eden’s self-consciousness had deemed forbidden. But this time her optimism wasn’t contagious.

She had responded in the expected ‘best friend’ way: insisted that she was entirely too good for him, that she deserved so much better. And she did—she knew that. But what was better? She had nothing else to compare Peter to save for unrealistic examples from fiction and the Internet. They had dated for an entire year before having any true issues…

---

No. No, they hadn’t been free of issues. The more she reflected, the more irritated Eden became. All along, Peter had been more concerned with himself than with her. She hadn’t expected him to devote every waking moment and every thought to her, but was it too much to ask for a little genuine interest in her hobbies or thoughts? It had always been about Peter and what was most convenient for him, what Peter wanted, how Peter felt, what Peter liked—Peter, Peter, Peter!

Eden huffed angrily and set her highlighter down a bit harder than was probably necessary, the plastic clacking harshly against the lacquered wood of her vanity. She had managed to complete her usual everyday look: her signature strong brows and razor-sharp eyeliner, a dusting of soft mauve eye shadow, a faux-natural flush and contour, and a creamy nude gloss. Her dark circles were a thing of the past—her perfect mask was back in its place. But what could be done about her hair? Its famous bright bubblegum hue had faded to a soft pastel, and though still sweet and light it was not right.

The nymph chewed on her lip and swiped through the twenty or so selfies she’d taken in various poses, light sources, and angles. Once she’d settled on a decent one where she appeared the perfect blend of cute and aloof, the time for a filter had come. Black and white would be too off-brand (and solemn), and sepia or tinted were just cringe-worthy. What to do?

Ultimately it took three different apps to edit the photo into exactly what she needed: a bright and soft photo that successfully camouflaged her faded hair and skin. She hadn’t dared use her normal shade of foundation; being paler was infinitely better than being mismatched. Now all she had to do was pray her followers would accept the change in her editing theme.

---

Weeks passed before she started noticing that she thought about Peter less and less. Every little thing stopped reminding her of him, and she had stopped dreaming of his slow, uneven smile and amber eyes every night. The team hoodie in her closet was no longer electrified, no longer laced with cactus spines. With Ian’s help, she packaged it up and mailed it away and its weight was lifted. The ‘unfollow’ button had glared at her, bright blue and daring her to press it, but doing so hadn’t ended the world. She would miss him—she did miss him—but not enough to let herself stalk him.

Perhaps unsurprisingly, the hardest hurdle was his phone number. What if he texted her at some point, begging her to take him back? What if she needed to contact him for whatever reason? Lots of people still had their exes’ numbers, right? She should keep it… Just in case.

No. She didn’t need it, and she didn’t need him. If he texted her, she wouldn’t fall for it. She wouldn’t need to contact him; she had plenty of other people in her life. She had no use for his number. Would he keep hers? Had he unfollowed her, deleted pictures of her? Did he still think about her? Or had he moved on already, to someone who could give him everything he wanted?

The ‘delete’ button flashed when she pressed it, taking her back to her list of contacts. Eden let out a soft, slow breath and set her phone down with a click of her nails. It was done. Peter was done with her, and now she was done with him.

The rush of courage it had taken ebbed away to leave only fatigue in its place. She shifted to lean her head against Ian’s shoulder as they sat on the couch, and she pulled her side of the blanket up to her chin. Ian hesitated for a moment before wrapping an arm around her smaller frame and letting her fit herself against his side. His hand rubbed her shoulder and warmth washed over her, lulling her into the best sleep she had gotten in weeks. Maybe everything really would be okay.

User ImageUser Image

RP Points - Growth Quest
1,208 words = 6 points
1000-word bonus = 2 points

TOTAL: 8 points

Cynnybun

Anxious Kitten

Cynnybun

Anxious Kitten

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:15 pm
User ImageUser Image

User Image

Verschlimmbessern
German, v.
To make something worse by a well-meaning
but misguided attempt to make it better.

Mid-July, 2018

User Image

User Image

Eden took a deep breath and tossed her hair over her shoulder as she looked at herself in the screen of her phone. No, not quite. She pulled some hair forward, arranging it delicately over her shoulder and adjusting the neckline of her sweater. Each little flower was meticulously placed—the few that she could muster at the same time, that is. Her followers were probably used to seeing more dramatic displays, but today was a difficult day. Though she was excited to start her livestream, she couldn’t get rid of a tight, anxious coil in her chest. What if someone asked an awkward question? What if she got emotional? How could she end it early if she needed to?

One thing she didn’t need to worry about was her makeup. Her concealer was opaque enough to suggest she had never had even a hint of shadow under her eyes. Her eyeshadow was blended and cut and glittered to perfection, and her eyeliner was as sharp as ever. She had contoured her cheeks and dusted on enough highlighter to make herself look like a fairy princess—but not a disco ball, of course. Cesc’s light was the cherry on top, the perfect blend of crisp, warm light to set the stage for her video. She swiped on another layer of soft rosy gloss and made sure she was hovering at the perfect height for the camera. A gentle tap started the stream and she beamed, waving both hands as she sang, “Hi guys~!”

“I’m so excited to answer some of your questions! I can’t guarantee I’ll get to all of them, because—wow, there’s a lot of you already! I’ll try to keep up, so fire away!”
She grinned brightly and rested an elbow on her desk, chin in her hand. The questions started immediately, mixed in with general greetings and compliments. Her excitement became more genuine the more praise she received; the comments about her makeup and hair in particular nearly made her sigh in relief.

Most of the questions at first were about Raevans in general, including the predictable ones. ‘How are raevans made?’ ‘What are you?’ ‘How does the Raevan thing work?’ She answered them easily and patiently, eager to inform and teach others about herself. After all, understanding would breed kindness, right?

”do u go to school? u look like a teen but ur only 2 right??”

”Oh!” She tilted her head to the side and made a thoughtful face. ”Sort of! I go to school online, since my situation would make it hard for them to place me in a ‘grade.’ And I’d hate to be in like…elementary school looking like I do.” She giggled and combed her fingers through her hair. ”So yeah, it’s basically like homeschool except Ian doesn’t do the teaching.”

But after a while the questions became stranger and more personal, some bordering on offensive. She ignored them for as long as she could, but people appeared spurred on by others’ invasive questions. Eventually she couldn’t dodge them any longer.

”r u and vesna dating? u mention her a lot!”

Eden laughed and shook her head. ”No, no! Vesna’s my best friend, that’s it. But I do love her a lot!” She smiled and watched the comments roll in, lots of ‘aww’s and ‘that’s so cute!’

”what does it feel like when someone touches your rune?”
”will you come apart if someone pulls your ribbon? does it feel good?”

Eden visibly winced at the thought, but played it off with a shaky laugh. ”Uh, it feels extremely weird, actually. I..can’t really compare it to anything you guys might understand. It’d be like if someone reached into your, like…soul? It makes me kind of nauseous actually, and kinda like—I dunno, squicked-out? So yeah, if you see a Raevan please don’t do it!” She laughed and tilted her head again. ”As for the ribbon, I…actually don’t know? I hope not! No one’s ever tried it,” she laughed.

”why didn’t they let you finish growing? that’s so mean!”

Making a face, Eden shook her head. ”Oh, no. I… It’s hard to explain but I was ‘done’ growing,” she used air quotes for emphasis. ”Raevans stop at this stage for a while, then they grow again later. Eventually, I’ll have a stomach, and then legs! Unfortunately there’s not really a timeline or anything…” That persistent, twisting knot had settled in her chest again. This was certain to prompt even more questions about her body.

”omg girl ur sooooo gorgeous!! can u poop lmao”

She just grimaced into the camera and blinked slowly, at a loss for words.

”I think you’re so brave to show your disfigurements on social media! You go girl!”

That earned another grimace. ”Uh, I…appreciate the support, but I’m not disfigured. This is just how Raevans look. Like, it’s not like elves are disfigured because they have dark skin.”

”u photoshop ur boobs, don’t u”
“What program do you use for editing?”
“How do you get rid of your body?”
“omg where did u get ur wings I need them!!!”
“what hair dye do u use? It’s gorgeous!”

She had to hold up her hands, silently pleading for them to slow down. ”Guys, no—I don’t photoshop my body, I really don’t have one.” She floated higher and passed a hand through the gaps in her ribbon for evidence. Even the gentle brush of her fingers against her rune made her shiver, her whole body tensing. She had to be careful; apparently her rune was especially sensitive lately. Perhaps it was due to her restricting…

”And I don’t dye my hair, this is natural. And my wings are actually attached.” She lifted her bangs to show that the pink color went all the way to her scalp, then turned around to show where her wings came directly out of her back—she even made them flutter for some showmanship. This resulted in a swarm of hearts to float across her screen, instant feedback from her viewers.

”ok but like…how do u have a boyfriend? u don’t have a bottom half lmao”

And there it was. Her lashes fluttered as she swallowed thickly, the fresh pain of a sharp knife slicing through her chest. She should have known, but somehow she wasn’t entirely surprised. She took a breath to steady herself and pasted on her signature dazzling smile as she tucked her hair behind her ear. ”Oh, um… Actually, Peter and I broke up. But it wasn’t because of that, we’re just—you know, really different. But everything’s fine, we’re good. And, surprisingly, that wasn’t much of an issue. Not that it’s really any of your business…” She couldn’t hold back the stinging barb. Who would just ask something like that? Even as a joke, it was rude and invasive. But she couldn’t dwell on it, not on a live stream.

”tell us about ur powers! they’re so cool! ♥”
“wait so how do u stay alive if u don’t have a stomach? what do u eat?”
“drain something!!”

Ice washed through her veins and Eden had to take a moment to control her face. She knew she would have to talk about this. People were only curious, she told herself—they weren’t scared. It would be fine. ”Well, you guys have seen me make flowers and stuff. And some of you probably know that I can…kind of drain things, too. I can take energy from plants and people and stuff, but I don’t like to do it often. But yeah, that’s how I ‘eat.’” Her smile was too wide, with too many teeth, and it didn’t reach her eyes. She knew it, but she couldn’t fix it no matter how hard she tried.

“woooah so ur like a vampire! that’s awesome!!”
“hell yeah, badass!!”

The word glared at her like an angry red neon sign. Vampire. They existed in Gaia, sure, but… She had never expected to be compared to them. Personally, she didn’t have anything against them—and aesthetically they were incredible, of course. But the simile had stung like someone had shoved a frozen poker into her chest. Was she really like a vampire? They both survived by leeching off of others, so… It was true. Eden glanced away from the camera. ”Um—“ It took a long moment to force back the tears that had clouded her eyes. Fatigue settled in as heavy as a piano and she could feel her shoulders droop as she brushed her hair back from her face. As panic made her hands begin to tremble a commotion outside pulled her attention away.

”Huh? Oh, coming Ian!!” She called as if answering him, then turned back to her phone and slapped on that smile again—the one with too many teeth and not enough warmth. ”Sorry guys, I gotta cut this short.” She ignored the way her voice wobbled, pushing on without enough time to dwell on it. ”Thanks so much for all your questions, and for stopping by! Maybe I’ll do another one sometime since this was so short. Stay cute! Byeee~!” She waved enthusiastically as she leaned in to blow a kiss, then hurriedly cut off the stream. Her eyes immediately clouded over again and she could feel her face crumple as she swallowed.

Eden had to take a moment and rest her weight against her desk, her face in her hands. She didn’t care if she was smudging her makeup, and in fact it suddenly felt entirely too heavy on her face. As she pushed herself up and away from her phone, the nymph let out a shaky sigh. She really should have expected something like this to happen. Why had she even bothered in the first place? A Q&A? Ugh, how could she have been so stupid? She couldn’t bear to even look at her phone.

A vampire? No, she wasn’t that cool. She was really just a glorified leech.

User ImageUser Image

a special thanks to everyone who helped me with questions!! ♥

RP Points - Growth Quest
1,665 words = 8 points
1000-word bonus = 2 points
Art Points
Full Shading = 6 points
Bust = 2 points
Semi-Complex Background = 3 points

TOTAL: 21 points

--[ Raevan Journals ]--

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]