Melo's Mearas

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:28 pm
Even though I have had plenty of *ahem* years to set this journal up, I am making a rudimentary set up for now, so that I can organize my mearas and get down my ideas for them before I forget.

I am open to RP and plots, though I can be very slow to reply. I apologize before hand, but if that doesn't bother you please contact me! smile

For now I will reserve some posts just in case, then post up my poor neglected ponies.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:29 pm
reserve (2)  

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:29 pm
profile layout:

Quote:

full name
title/quote

imgright

race:
job:
guild/affiliation:

mate:
child(ren) :
mother/carrier:
father/sire:
sibling(s) :
familiar:

colorist:
given name meaning:
- source
surname meaning:
- source

personality

overview:

description.

sign:

birthday, sign
description.

description.

dislikes:

description.

history

overview:

description.

acquaintances:

none yet.

friends:

none yet.

enemies:

none yet.

roleplay log:

none yet.

inventory:

nothing yet.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:30 pm
four  

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:30 pm
five  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:00 pm
Permelia Beck
the popular and punchy, petite patissier
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
race: Laegil Enedh
orientation: undiscovered
job: baker and front desk at her family’s bakery; specializes in pies and pastries.
guild/affiliation: none.

mate: none
children: none
mother/carrier: deceased(?)
father/sire: owner, foreman at family bakery
siblings:
- eldest brother (specialty?, finances), NPC
- elder brother (bread), NPC
- Nikola (cookies), elder brother, NPC for now
- Bertie (sweet breads, pastries), younger brother, NPC for now
- Niebla (no specialty), younger adopted sister, perma-child
familiar: none

colorist: DieKraft Fe-Amon
given name meaning: English; possibly a form of Pamela; Greek root “meli” means honey.
- source: Behind the Name
surname meaning: German occupational name, “becke,” meaning baker.

personality:

overview:

Permelia is an easy-going girl with a harsher sense of humor than many other females. The only girl in the family until Niebla came along, she finds she can get along more easily with males. On the other hand, she sometimes feels stifled by their overprotectiveness. She sometimes lets loose and shocks everyone with something frilly and feminine, for her a double-edged sword: on one side she feels relief being able to act like a girl; on the other, all the men remember doubly that she is of the fairer sex. If she were not so easy-going, she would probably rebel one day and open her own shop as far away as her money could take her.

sign:

22 January, Hammer of Faith
Waiting for the sun's return you harden like the stone. The signs of the Hammer are the most patient; they wait for their opportune moment to take advantage. In the dark of the winter you persevere waiting for the spring. Those born under this sign have patience in abundance and the will to pursue their goals. They know it is worth the wait every time.

baking, getting rowdy with the boys, summer breezes, watching jousting competitions, and “cosplaying” with food-themed outfits.

dislikes:

being treated as a girl instead of as an individual, chauvinism (chivalry is welcomed!) and condescension

history

overview:

Permelia has lived in her hometown for her entire life, and as far as she knows none of her family have ventured out either, except when delivering their goods. She has never been allowed to take such trips because her overprotective male relatives believe it is too dangerous. Many of their male customers agree.

Permelia is a mascot of sorts for the bakery. Every day without fail she is present with her sunny smile to take the orders of their regular customers. Some new customers have been referred from other neighboring towns. It is secretly hoped by her family that she will catch the eye of someone with power, such as a lord or better, to secure their prosperity for the next several generations.

After her initial training as an apprentice, Permelia focused on pies and filled pastries. This format she enjoys for its versatility. Pies can be palm-sized for travel, or platter sized for large events and honoring guests. They can be sweet or savory or both, filled with meats, vegetables, fruits, and/or confections. She eats at least one hand-held meat or chutney pie each day, each with a new recipe experiment inside (she is her own guinea pig).

acquaintances:

none yet, though I see her interacting with customers and locals.

friends:

none yet, though I see her being close with other shop owners, visiting their places to eat out, etc.

enemies:

none yet, and she hopes it stays that way.

roleplay log:

none yet.

inventory:

plushie from: CYO plushie event 2012
colorist: Pidge (thank you!)
Though as a doll with no gender, this was Permelia's closest "female friend" as a child. She used to carry it everywhere, but now that she has a little sister, this plushie has been retired. Now it sits in a place of honor, on Permelia's bed in the center of her pillows, as if guarding her room from strangers.

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:01 pm

Drakon Pasticcio
the Naïve Bodyguard

race: Laegil Enedh
orientation: leans towards females
job: (body)guard for the local inn
guild/affiliation: none

mate: none
children: none
mother/carrier: NPC
father/sire: NPC
sibling(s) : undisclosed

colorist: Dizzy_Kat
given name meaning: Ancient Greek name meaning, "dragon, serpent."
- source
surname meaning: Italian, referring to "a mixture," of styles in music (usually in homage to original works), or to a pasta dish similar to lasagna.
- sources: Behind the Name and Wikipedia

personality

overview:

Deep down, Drakon is actually a little timid despite all efforts to appear the contrary. He has little faith in his abilities despite years of disciplined training. (Note also that "disciplined" is a relative term in his case.) It scares him how the eyes of warriors change after they have killed another. How else do they change? But he is ever careful to put up a front; though others may think of him as cocky or arrogant, he uses this metaphoric shield to reassure others that everything is going to turn out fine.

Despite his misgivings, a vague pull of wanderlust tugs at him whenever he feels the boredom settle in. Someday, wouldn't it be exciting to become a real soldier, a guard for royalty, or even a mercenary?

sign:

23 January: Secondary Sign of Winter, Hammer of Faith
Waiting for the sun's return you harden like the stone. The signs of the Hammer are the most patient; they wait for their opportune moment to take advantage. In the dark of the winter you persevere waiting for the spring. Those born under this sign have patience in abundance and the will to pursue their goals. They know it is worth the wait every time.

teasing Rosalinda (being teased by her is also fun).

dislikes:

coming soon.

history

overview:

Drakon is the sort of youth who practiced for most of his life how to fight and protect others, as well as himself, but has never been put to the test. He has never actually left the city where he was born. He knows most of the residents, if not by name then by their face, and has had only the odd angry drunkard to test his skills on. He probably knew what exactly would calm down each of the "regulars," for that matter. It should come as no surprise, therefore, that his knowledge of the world outside and how it works is next to zero. He has no idea just how charmed his life really is. As a result, he thinks he's better than he is, or at least acts that way.

acquaintances:

none yet.

friends:

Rosalinda (played by StarshineAngel01) is the receptionist at his place of employ, where they share the lobby during work hours. Their relationship is strictly work-related, and professional in the presence of customers. They often whine about boredom, trade quips, and try to throw the other off-guard when no one else is around. But, perhaps there are some stronger attachments involved...

enemies:

none yet.

roleplay log:

none yet.

inventory:

nothing yet.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:02 pm

Niebla Beck
Why do they love me as one of their own?

race: Ista Enedh
orientation: unknown; probably heterosexual
job: apprentice baker
guild/affiliation: none

mate: none, though she would like one someday
child(ren) : none, infertile
mother/carrier: unknown but presumed deceased; adopted
father/sire: unknown but presumed deceased; adoptive father is Mr. Beck, owner, foreman at the Beck family bakery.
siblings (all adopted) :
- eldest brother (specialty?, finances), NPC
- elder brother (bread), NPC
- Nikola (cookies), elder brother, NPC for now
- Permelia (pies, pastries), elder sister
- Bertie (sweet breads, pastries), younger brother (NPC for now)

colorist: Faewolf
given name meaning: from Indo-European “nebh,” meaning cloud and Spanish “niebla,” meaning fog or mist.
- source: thefreedictionary.org and Google Translate
surname meaning: German occupational name, “becke,” meaning baker.

personality

overview:

Niebla throws herself into her studies at work with vigor and enthusiasm. While she likes to bake, she has more fun with decorating than with experimenting with recipes. Additionally, she finds that she likes patterns and numbers and may soon begin her studies under the Becks’ eldest son, who manages the family’s finances.

sign:

1 June: Initial Sign of Summer, Blessed Path
The flowers are gone and the heat is setting in...your work is always heavy but you do it with pride. The most humble of signs, the path. Those under its stars are worldly and find themselves practical and the most logical of the signs. Those born beneath this sign may find themselves always worrying over material things but fret not--good things come to those who work hard. Your Diligence is your greatest ally!

numbers, patterns, shapes; organizing and categorizing. Running, jumping, and playing.

dislikes:

her inability to remember her previous life.

history

overview:

Niebla is an orphan; old enough to have forgotten her birth family’s names and faces, she was also young enough to love and cherish her adoptive family without question. Despite this, her status was never kept from her and she has secret misgivings as to why they would take in a strange child.

acquaintances:

none yet.

friends:

none yet.

enemies:

none yet.

roleplay log:

none yet.

inventory:

nothing yet.

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles