Nessi:
Hinekiri was light on her feet and full of energy. Her cubs were growing older and needing her less and the brightly coloured lioness found that that meant she had more free time and more energy to do things. She smiled thinking of her cubs, she had been a mother three times over now, first to her adoptive daughter, then her sons, and now her litter of four. While she loved all her cubs this litter held a special place in her heart because it came from a union of love.

Thinking of love Hinekiri set off on her own little mission. She had noticed her adoptive daughter spending more time with a certain male in the pride and she figured it was about time she found out a little more about the male that may be claiming her daughters heart. HInekiri was sure that he was a good male Tabt would never fall for someone who wasn't but she wouldn't be doing her motherly duty if she didn't go out of her way to ensure it.

Me:
Lorne hummed brightly to himself as he moved around on the ground level. At the moment, he wasn't training for any kind of show, and he wasn't looking to start a new one, either. All the same, he was singing. Singing to himself, singing to those around him, and generally just moving around with a light and happy air about him. It was likely clear to everyone who saw him that he was a lion with someone on his mind.

He couldn't help himself. Ever since he had met her, it seemed as though he had been brimming with energy and inspiration. All he wanted to do was spread his happiness around.

He had been spending that morning greeting the other groundlings, as well as the nobles who had been down there looking around. He was more than happy to sing them songs he knew by heart, as well as offer them new, on the spot songs based on a topic of their choice. Most seemed entertained, and the ones who weren't were quick to move along. All in all, it was the makings of a very good day as far as he was concerned.

Nessi:
It didn't take Hinekiri long to spot the silver lion who seemed to be making his way around singing to anyone that cared to listen. She sat abck and watched him for a few minutes, smiling.

It would appear that he was quite happy and possibly in love himself. This made Hinekiri beam inside, she was afraid that her daughter may have fallen for a male that didn't love her back. A fate that hinekiri herself had faced when she was just a teen and something she didn't want any of her children to have to suffer. Having decided she had seen enough she moved towards the male, a smile on her maw.

Me:
Lorne continued his light-hearted songs until he spotted a lioness looking at him. It wasn't uncommon for lions to watch him while he entertained, actually it was what he would prefer to have happen, but it seemed like she had been watching for quite some time, and for a good deal longer than some of the others. That was all fine, too, but it did make him curious to say hello to her and see how she was doing. It was only the proper thing to do!

Plus, he was pretty sure he had seen her before, too. He just couldn't put his paw on where.

"Hello," he offered lightly, "it's a lovely day for a song, isn't it? Were you looking for me to sing something for you? I would be more than happy to do a song if you have any requests!" He grinned from ear to ear, moving to meet the older female halfway.

Nessi:
Hinekiri was pleased when the silver lion came over to her without him having to call out to him, it meant that he was observant, something that some players didn't seem to be able to do. They were more interested in being watched than watching others.

"Oh a song would be very nice." she told him, she wondered if perhaps she could get him to sing a song about his feelings, suss out how he was feeling wihtout having to ask hm any questions directly.

"How about a song of whats in your heart?" she asked him. It was direct and she was hoping the lion hadn't figured out who she was, she wanted a true sense of his feelings.

Me:
Lorne smiled. "A song about what's in my heart? Well, that's a new request! Normally the lions around here ask me to sing a song about what's in there hearts!" He chuckled lightly, flicking his tail from side to side. "Though I'm not against the idea. I definitely have a lot to sing about these days!"

From there, he started to sing a light-spirited song all about love and how he had suddenly been swept off his feet. How it was frightening and wonderful, and he hoped the lion he had feelings for would be able to hear his song and feel the same way. It was quite a lovely song, even if he did stop once or twice to suss out some of the words he wanted to use. He was still tweaking the work, after all, and sometimes he found he had thought of something even better to say or a better way to sing the lyrics. When he finished, he bowed his head.

"I hope that was alright! I'm sorry if it was a bit bumpy! I am trying to make it perfect for someone I really like, and I don't know if it's quite ready yet!"

Nessi:
Hinekiri sat listening to the song the male really did have a brilliant voice. His lyrics were wall thought out and she wasn't phased at all when he had to stop out the flush out the words. When he fininshed she applaud and let out a little cheer.

"Bravo Bravo." she said with a grin. "It was beautiful song, the young lady you sing it for is very lucky indeed." she said a twinkle in her eyes. "My name is Hinekiri by the way." she told him. She wondered if perhaps he would know who she was once he heard her name.

Me:
Lorne's ears perked up when she introduced herself, a dumb sort of look appearing on his face for a moment, before being replaced by a sheepish grin. "Oh!" He laughed lightly, offering her a more sincere bow this time around. "Oh! I had no idea! I know your name! You're Tabt's mother, right?!" He seemed to realize what that meant, what he had just done, and he couldn't help but blush. Even with his fur, he was sure there was a red tone under his white coat.

How embarrassing! To sing a love song about a female- to their mother!

"I didn't know! I'm so sorry. I hope you don't think I've completely lost my head." He assumed she had spoken about him before. Perhaps that was why she had asked to hear about his heart in the first place! Because she knew who he was! But was it because she wanted to see how he felt, or she wanted to make sure there wasn't any lovey dovey stuff going on? He was quite nervous to find out

Nessi:
Hinekiri couldn't help but let out a little laugh when she saw how flustered the male was once he realized he was. It was the reactions that she wanted to see, the feelings this male had were real and genuine it would seem.

"I do not think you have lost your head at all." she told him. "In fact I found your song to be exactly what I wanted to hear." she said with a nod. Her voice took on a serious note after that however.

"You must understand Tabt has not had an easy life found abandoned in the forrest when she was just a mere cub. I raised her and she has always been pleasant. I needed to ensure that her heart wasn't going towwards someone who would not treat it with care." She looked deep into Lorne's eyes wondering if he followed exactly what she said.

Me:
He let out a heavy sigh when she said she was happy about the song and that it had been what she was looking for. Well, that was good! He had never heard Tabt say anything negative about her mother, but he had still been worried that she wouldn't approve of him, just because he was... well... a bit carefree and well into his love of singing. Perhaps she would think that he was not serious enough for her daughter! It had happened before, right? Well, not to him. He had never been in love before.

These were new, happy feelings.

"I understand," Lorne offered with a much more serious air about him now, nodding, "I am glad if I can bring her any measure of happiness to make her life brighter. I want to make sure the joy she's known from being raised by someone who loves her carries over throughout the rest of her life, too. When I was young, I lost my home to a storm. I had to find a new home. I lost my family. Everyone I loved. I want to make sure Tabt never loses any of the love in her life."

Nessi:
Hinekiri beamed the male had a way with words that was sure. She felt at ease now having met him she knew that she didn't have to worry about her eldest daughters heart. The cubs back at home however she had a feeling the four of them were going to give her a run for her money.

"Very good. It sounds like we all want the same thing then." She said warmly. "I must be getting back to my young ones. But I must say I do approve, and well consider this your welcome to the family." Hinekiri knew that the young couple hadn't put any labels to what they had but she could also see that this was going to be a lastng thing and the young silverly male might as well know that he know had a home and a family with them. She gave him a quick nod before she turned and made her way back up the cliff side to the den she shared with her mate.

-fin-