Submit

kit vixen

Wilderness Kitten

11,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 1:35 pm
I shy away from many movies because it seems like the only female characters in them have little significance. It feels like they are readily subjected to violence/death or are present merely as sexual objects.

I want to shake this feeling! I know there are many movies out there that are not like this, but I don't know where to start looking. Suggestions?

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 4:07 pm
Princess dairies  

Star-geeker

Runway Icon

18,250 Points
  • Runway First Vote 50
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Fearsome 100

kit vixen

Wilderness Kitten

11,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 6:06 pm
Midnight-pop-clips93
Princess dairies

That's a good one! The book was my favorite for the longest time when I was younger--I read it several times, teehee.  
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 7:15 pm
Legally Blonde

Miss Congeniality

The Help

Pitch Perfect

Amelie

Tank Girl  

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

RucciRue

Wealthy Businesswoman

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 6:22 pm
I know i am probably crazy late about this review but the movie Very Good Girls was amazing ! I like cried,laughed,cried again ,and then laughed. It is such a good like unknown movie starring dakota fanning and ashley olsen. Th ending is like the best part!

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 8:28 pm
Frozen
Hairspray
She's the man
Freaky friday  

Miss_XxAriaxX

kit vixen

Wilderness Kitten

11,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:43 am
RucciRue
I know i am probably crazy late about this review but the movie Very Good Girls was amazing ! I like cried,laughed,cried again ,and then laughed. It is such a good like unknown movie starring dakota fanning and ashley olsen. Th ending is like the best part!

No worries! I haven't heard of that one--I think I'll check it out. Thanks for the suggestions, all! heart  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:15 pm
Dunno if anyone's reading this anymore but hey, why not! Check out 'Monster-In-Law', it's funny and lighthearted. xp And of course, I love 'V for Vendetta', very dark but profound in its own way, and the female lead goes through some serious s**t, but she comes out enlightened on the other side.

But if you're looking for some type of horror film...and...I've never found a copy readily available around where I live to rent and see it, but I've heard 'Teeth' is really freaky, and in a extremely twisted kind of way was supposed to be the ultimate female empowerment horror flick. I'm told it is not for those with a really weak stomach, it gets gross. <<' And apparently men don't like watching it. Based on the title, I don't think I need to elaborate. We'll let that be a surprise....  

Sakaiden

Ruthless Master

n o n n i e t he p o n y

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:24 pm
Bridesmaids
Bend it like Beckham
The Proposal
The Ugly Truth
First Daughter
How to Lose a Guy in 10 days
The Devil Wears Prada
Maid in Manhattan
Failure to Launch
What a Girl Wants
The Prince and Me

These are some of my old favourites! :3

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:32 am
Revenge of the Bridesmaids is funny, and i like it alot  

CrampingUnicornToes

Garbage Warlord

kit vixen

Wilderness Kitten

11,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:24 pm
Sakaiden
Dunno if anyone's reading this anymore but hey, why not! Check out 'Monster-In-Law', it's funny and lighthearted. xp And of course, I love 'V for Vendetta', very dark but profound in its own way, and the female lead goes through some serious s**t, but she comes out enlightened on the other side.

But if you're looking for some type of horror film...and...I've never found a copy readily available around where I live to rent and see it, but I've heard 'Teeth' is really freaky, and in a extremely twisted kind of way was supposed to be the ultimate female empowerment horror flick. I'm told it is not for those with a really weak stomach, it gets gross. <<' And apparently men don't like watching it. Based on the title, I don't think I need to elaborate. We'll let that be a surprise....

Oh! I've heard of Teeth. I wanted to watch it when I was more into horror, but not so much now. V for Vendetta is still one I'd like to see. Thanks!  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:43 pm
kit vixen
Sakaiden

Oh! I've heard of Teeth. I wanted to watch it when I was more into horror, but not so much now. V for Vendetta is still one I'd like to see. Thanks!

V for Vendetta is pretty awesome, its got to be my favorite movie right now. I haven't many things that stand out clearly in my poor memory, so if I can remember it, it's a keeper. XDD'

I saw this movie called Dark Town on Netflix. It is a thousand percent some badly scripted, horridly done, grade triple-z budget 'horror' flick with buckets of red corn syrup. But on the plus side, the vampires don't sparkle. Which automatically makes it better than certain movies I could name, no offense to anyone who likes 'those movies'. sweatdrop  

Sakaiden

Ruthless Master

Noted Musician

Bashful Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:15 pm

One of my favorite girl movies is '27 Dresses' or something along those lines. It's a really girly movie, though.

And I haven't gotten really into the craze yet, but I hear Orange Is The New Black is really girl motivated. It's been described to me before as 'pure girl power.' It's not a movie, but it's still pretty good apparently.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:11 pm
Noted Musician

One of my favorite girl movies is '27 Dresses' or something along those lines. It's a really girly movie, though.

And I haven't gotten really into the craze yet, but I hear Orange Is The New Black is really girl motivated. It's been described to me before as 'pure girl power.' It's not a movie, but it's still pretty good apparently.

27 Dresses used to be one of my favorites actually! And I like what I've seen of OITNB. I enjoy your tumblr, by the way. heart  

kit vixen

Wilderness Kitten

11,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Demonic Associate 100

Noted Musician

Bashful Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:26 pm
kit vixen
27 Dresses used to be one of my favorites actually! And I like what I've seen of OITNB. I enjoy your tumblr, by the way. heart

Thank you! And I'm also trying to get into OITNB, one of my best friends has been trying to get me hooked, haha.  
It's A Girl Thing!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff