[Honesty] I don't want to hurt you [SP x CO] [Fin!] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 12:17 pm
User Image Sugar Petal had, for the first time in weeks, decided to leave home. Now, for those who knew her this would come to them as a shock. She never left home! She wasn't one of those kids who played outside with friends – no, instead she just gardened 24/7. She was aware how "unhealthy" it was deemed, but she just didn't have an interest in others her age. Or, really, anyone of any age. She just wasn't a social phony, and no amount of coaxing or worry from her loved ones would change that.

However, today was different. Today she had decided to visit someone near and dear to her: her brother! She wasn't sure what spurred the decision on, but today she had suddenly grabbed a few fully grown flowers, shoved them into her messenger bag, and headed right for his store.

Now that she was here she wasn't sure what to do. She had entered the store just fine, but then she froze. The little foal looked around for her dearest brother, hooves rubbing together as she nervously bit her bottom lip. What if she was in the wrong store? What if he wasn't in? Oh, this had been a silly idea! She should just leave...

PeanutButterpies

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 4:29 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Orchid was in a similar position, although instead of home he hadn't left in awhile it was his shop and not weeks, but a mere couple of days. However it wasn't that he wasn't a social phony, he enjoyed interacting with others fine, it was mostly because he held a great interest in his job that kept him going on for days. While he had been getting better at getting out and curbing his workaholic tendencies, lest his keys get taken and hidden again, it had been one of those times where he had managed to hole up in his kitchen again.

This time it was spent making up new chocolates, a creative kick that had started late in the night a day ago and as it was, continued on far too long. Orchid had taken breaks to refill his stock and tend to customers, but for the most part he had been testing and experimenting anything and everything he could think of. So when he heard the store bell jingle, he dutifully stopped what he was doing and moved to the shop, prepared to try and get this over with so he could go back to experimenting.

When he looked around though he was surprised to find his sibling Sugar Petal, someone he wasn't used to seeing that often. She had as much of a love for what she did as him and so he knew that she was often gardening and tried to not bother her much. "Hey Sugar Petal, what are you doing here?" Orchid asked, smiling brightly at her. He looked a little run down, his hair falling out of the clip (an old one of Sweet Bread's that he'd nabbed a long time ago) he used to put it up when he was in the kitchen, but still pleased to see her.

Yushika

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 4:52 pm
She jumped lightly when a familiar voice called out, relief rushing over her young face. Oh, she had made it! The relief flicked to disapproval briefly before it washed back into the same monotone express. He looked worn, and she had no doubt he was working himself a bit too hard. Sure, they hadn't met much, but she had heard enough stories and seen him enough to understand that they both shared similar work ethics. She was about to chastise him, when suddenly he spoke. Oh... that was actually a great question. Why was she here?

"Well, I-" She cut off, looking at the ground and poking at it with a hoof. She wasn't the best with expressing herself, but she tried her best. Fussing with the insides of her bag, the child pulled out a bouquet of lavender, holding it out for him. "These matured and I wanted to give them to you. They remind... me of... of you."

Oh man, she was blushing big time. Even her own brother she had a hard time expressing her affection for him. This entire family business was hard!

PeanutButterpies

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 6:31 pm

If it was even possible, Orchid managed to smile even brighter when he was presented with the lavender. Gently taking the fragrant blooms from her, he inhaled deeply, closing his eyes at the pleasing smell before opening them again. "Thank you, they're lovely," He said warmly, using his magic to lift the blossoms onto the counter. "I haven't had flowers in awhile, it's a wonderful surprise," he added, smiling at the bouquet that had been brought for him.

He ignored the blush, knowing that he had been just as awkward when was younger and opted to give her a light nuzzle that he hoped she wouldn't mind. "Would you like to come back to my kitchen with me? I have some new chocolates you can try, as thanks for the flowers," He asked, hoping she would come along with him. He had been testing chocolate for so long he was starting to get a little numb to the taste and honestly couldn't tell what was good or not anymore.

"I also probably have a few flowers you could have, ones that didn't turn out as well," Orchid added, thinking back to the fridge he had full of some that had had some issues when he had made them. He knew she liked flowers and well, he liked it when his chocolate went to family.

Yushika
quietly whispers that say it like you mean it is such a good song im glad its for her <3

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 6:44 pm
The only sign of delight was her ears perking up, but inside she was practically vibrating. The lavender was grown in her own garden and it meant quite a bit that she chose him to give it to. Seeing them smile was really all she wanted from her family. All she ever wanted was to make her family feel as special as she viewed them – well, that and garden!

"You're welcome." She returned the nuzzle briefly, always one to enjoy physical affection. She did seem to perk up at the mention of going back to his kitchen. Oh, absolutely! As stoic as she was, she was still a kid, and everyone knew kids loved candy! Nodding in enthusiasm, she actually offered a small smile.

"Yes. I'm not as experienced as you are, but I can help." Oh man, everyone know Orchid made the best chocolate around, and now she could taste some for free? Awesome!

PeanutButterpies
Eeeee! I lovelovelove that song and it fits her so nicely ; u ; I actually discovered that band WHILE looking for a song for her!

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 7:38 pm

Nodding at her reply, happy he had managed to make her smile and at the physical affection, he walked over to the door that led to his kitchen and opened it for her before going in himself.

"Don't mind the mess," He noted idly, referencing the mess of pans that were stacked upon each other, with a mess of molds and other things nearby. The stove was thankfully off but there were pots on each burner, a couple with steam still rising from them from when he had used them to temper chocolate. The counter was mostly clean, with only a few spills of chocolate here and there and the island in the middle was clear by some small grace. Shoving a stool over to the island for Sugar Petal to sit on if she wished, Orchid then went over to the racks he had and seemingly picked out a tray at random and using his magic, put it on the island.

"This is the last batch I made, I'm not sure if it's good or not," He explained, motioning to the small balls that were on the tray. "I've tasted and worked so much that everything is starting to blend together, so if you could tell me if these are good or not it'd be a great help." It was true, as time had gone on and as he had started to delve into more.. interesting combinations, he couldn't tell anything apart anymore. This combination was spinach and chocolate, a sort of spinach puree with a milk chocolate covering it. It was very plain looking, just a test set, but he hoped it tasted good. It had sounded good in theory a few hours ago anyways.

Yushika
YEA i randomly found it one day and i was pleasantly surprised to see the lyrics on her page. i haven't heard much of the rest of the band yet thou

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 7:50 pm
She followed after, sliding into the kitchen and immediately glancing about with wide eyes. So this was where the magic was made! She waved off his comment about mess – her own room wasn't exactly magazine worthy, either. She clambered onto the stool once it was offered, poking her head up to inspect the counter. Candy time.

"Alright." She murmured, poking it with a hoof. Okay... looked like normal chocolate. Looked like anything she'd pick up a store. Without hesitation, she dumped it into her mouth, and then everything went wrong.

Now, kids don't tend to like vegetables, and even when they do they typically don't like it mixed with sweets. Now, here was the issue: she loved her brother, dearly. She wasn't about to spit it out, and she surely was not going to make a face. So, she chewed it, swallowed, and then stared absently at the rest of the chocolate. That... that was wretched. She... she really didn't have to tell him that, right? She... could get off the hook this one time?

Pretending to look inside her bag, the foal suddenly jumped up and off the stool, mouth tightening in a frown.

"Oh! Mom wanted me home by now... for.... to help with dinner." Lies! Oh no she was lying now! This was the worse.

PeanutButterpies
Ohno Orchid I'm so sorry. I bet it wasn't that bad, but kids man.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 8:15 pm

While the lack of reaction was slightly worrying, Orchid was tired enough that he easily fell for the lie that was given to him. It seemed reasonable to him and well, he didn't even actually know the time to think it was wrong.

"Really? Oh, well I can come with then," He replied, realizing it would be nice to see Sweet Mama again, "I haven't been around in awhile and it would be nice to visit again. Also I would like to talk to Hard Truths again, since we haven't much." That, he knew, was due to his workaholic tendencies and the visit from his sister had reminded him he had been in the shop for awhile. It was time to lock up and go home or at least go somewhere besides the shop. In either case, he did want to make sure that Sweet Mama didn't know anything about something that had happened. It was a perfect plan.

"Let me box up some flowers to bring with me for everyone and I'll walk with you," Orchid said, hurrying off to secure a box and find where he had placed the tray of rejected projects. "You can also tell me what you thought of the ones you tasted while we walk." Pleased with the idea, he scrounged around, looking for something to put the flowers in. He had placed his boxes somewhere last night and now he was having some problems finding them, frustratingly enough.

Yushika
So many things go well with chocolate that this was actually a struggle to find something gross @_@ even the recipe i found the picture from sounded pretty ok

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 8:37 pm
Oh. This wasn't the plan. This was far from the plan. He was ruining everything. She hid a frown as he wandered off to pack up, her usually stoic expression frozen in mild worry. He was going to catch her in her life. Think fast! What could change the subject? What if she spontaneously broke something? Or faked being sick? Or... or....! This was the complete worse!

"Okay." She muttered, quietly panicking. What if he cried? What if he never again made chocolate because she hated this one? Oh no... it'd be all her fault. He'd quit his passion because she hated the chocolate and wallow in misery forever. He'd never get a partner and just rot in his home. They'd find him covered in hoarded magazines and ramen cups! This was the end of everything!

Little hooves rubbed together in worry as she watched him run back and forth, trying her best to keep her face perfectly still. But if she did lie and say they were delicious then he'd serve them to everyone, and that could ruin his store. He'd blame her! It'd be her fault the shop went down. Either way, the scenario ended with him wallowing at home with ramen everywhere. Oh... she should have just stayed home and gardened.

PeanutButterpies
Hi hello, welcome to this nights episode of: "Sugar Petal panic's to the extreme".

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 9:06 pm

As he bustled around looking for the boxes (seriously where did he place those things) Orchid noticed the sudden quietness from his sibling. While she wasn't overly talkative, this was odd and he looked back, a little confused by her expression. Was she alright?

"Is everything okay?" He asked, opening a cupboard to finally find the boxes he had been searching for. Making a mental note of where they were, he snagged one and made his way over to the rejects rack, starting to pick and chose from the flowers there. "Was it the chocolate? You can tell me if it was bad, you know," He playfully said, hoping to make her feel better with a joke, even if it was kind of bad. He was somewhat worried though and he glanced over, wondering if he had imagined Sugar Petal's previous expression.

Yushika
Nooo darling :CC Just tell him it was bad! He'll be ok!

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 9:18 pm
Ohno. Her facial expressions were giving her away! This was not a sentence used often, mostly because she didn't show expressions. Not usually, anyhow. Lowering her hooves to her side, the foal swallowed thickly, staring towards the floor.

"I-" She cut off as she considered her words. His fate were in her hooves! Rolling strands of hair around, she glanced back up at her brother, mouth becoming a thin line of worry.

"If.. if you ever made bad chocolate –if –, what would you do? Would you quit your job?" Her voice was a tad timid, perhaps leaning on soft.

PeanutButterpies

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 9:23 pm

That was certainly a question Orchid hadn't been expecting. He stopped looking at the flowers, focusing on his sibling now.

"No, not at all." He answered honestly, the answer easily coming to him. "I've made plenty of bad chocolate before. Not to mention when I was younger, it seemed like everything I made turned out awful." There was a sheepish sort of look on his face as he recounted the past, wondering how Sweet Mama ever did put up with him. He had been a catastrophe in the kitchen for quite some time.

"Not everything will turn out well and I don't expect it to. I just have to keep moving on, " Orchid said, looking closer at Sugar Petal. "Why?"

Yushika

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 10:02 pm
There was a moment of silence as she contemplated his words. He... made bad chocolate before? Him? The Chocolate Orchid? Surely he was joking! Yet, hadn't she had a bad plant before? A plant that withered no matter how hard she worked. She still loved gardening, even if she failed time to time, because when she did succeed it was the best feeling ever. Seeing happy flowers and herbs flourishing under her touch was enough to keep her going.

"Well, I," She paused, sucking in a deep breath before just going for it. "I didn't like it. At all. It tasted and felt weird, and it wasn't as sweet as I'd like. It...
Please don't quit your job and bury yourself in ramen. Her voice dropped at the very end as nervous eyes flicked between his eyes, hooves gently tapping together in worry.

PeanutButterpies

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 7:07 am

Orchid was surprised at the outburst, but broke into a relieved smile. "Is that it? I was worried that it was something else." Orchid said, putting down the box he was holding. "So they really aren't that good?" He murmured, prodding at wthe chocolates in question. They were an odd combination and he personally hadn't tasted it but it did make some sense in retrospect.

"I guess it happens, not all of them can be winners. Thank you for telling me," he smiled, realizing that it was probably time to stop expirimenting for now. "Although, what did you mean by ramen?" he asked, picking up the chocolate box and adding another flower, obviously confused.

Yushika

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 12:16 pm
An audible sigh of relief left her, shoulders slumping and face relaxing. He wasn't going to quit? She wasn't going to be the reason for him abandoning his hopes and dreams? She shook her head at the last question, dismissing it with a soft laugh.

"It's nothing." She meandered over to her brother, nuzzling him with a soft sigh.

"I don't really have to be home for another twenty minutes. Do you want to see my garden?" She hopefully asked, tugging on his arm gently. Even as quiet and off as she was, she still looked up to her big brother like most children would. She would love to show him her own pride and joy. "You could stay for dinner, too. Mom would be excited."

PeanutButterpies
WANT TO WRAP THIS UP WITH ONE LAST POST? Oh poor Orchid, he worked so hard.

My Little Phony

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff