Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Pokémon Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's #1 Pokémon Guild. Come talk, trade, battle, or just hang out! 

Tags: Pokemon, Black White, HeartGold SoulSilver, ORAS, Nintendo 

Reply The Official Pokemon Guild
New Member Looking for Friends! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

darklingtears

Friendly Gaian

6,300 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 1:11 pm
Gym Leader Allachka
darklingtears

For me its the roleplay aspect. I'm not as hardcore as some and do deadlock plays, but I really do get into character and train my pokemon based on what I want to be that playthrough (Pokemon Coordinator, Pokemon Researcher, Pokemon Master, etc.).
Oh okay, that's pretty neat. I've never really approached a Pokemon title like that before. Speaking of roleplaying, did you ever play Pokemon Colosseum or XD: Gale of Darkness? I love those titles specifically because they're more RPG style. They're easily the best games in the entire franchise.

I playing loved XD: Gale of Darkness as a kid and kinda wish they would bring either some of those elements to the handheld games, or simply bring back a major console Pokemon game in general. I just got Colosseum in this past year, but have not had a chance to play it yet because of being busy with college.  
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 1:15 pm
darklingtears

I playing loved XD: Gale of Darkness as a kid and kinda wish they would bring either some of those elements to the handheld games, or simply bring back a major console Pokemon game in general. I just got Colosseum in this past year, but have not had a chance to play it yet because of being busy with college.
We need a major console Pokemon title, I agree. I mean, Battle Revolution for the Wii was fun, but there wasn't a cool story or epic adventure. You just battled. Which is of course the point of Pokemon, but I love games with good stories. I think Pokemon Colosseum and Gale of Darkness show that it's possible to make Pokemon into a more "typical" RPG. I'd love to see Nintendo go down that road again.

I totally understand being busy with college. But you gotta play it. >w<  

Gym Leader Allachka

Spiritual Seraph

22,050 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Fusion Master 1000

darklingtears

Friendly Gaian

6,300 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 1:21 pm
Gym Leader Allachka
darklingtears

We need a major console Pokemon title, I agree. I mean, Battle Revolution for the Wii was fun, but there wasn't a cool story or epic adventure. You just battled. Which is of course the point of Pokemon, but I love games with good stories. I think Pokemon Colosseum and Gale of Darkness show that it's possible to make Pokemon into a more "typical" RPG. I'd love to see Nintendo go down that road again.

I totally understand being busy with college. But you gotta play it. >w<

Planning on it biggrin . Was wanting to game capture it for my youtube channel, but Nintendo has been cracking down on youtubers lately (I think it has more to do with the monetized channels than anything else, but rather be safe than sorry). So, what is your favorite aspect of the games?  
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 1:27 pm
darklingtears

Planning on it biggrin . Was wanting to game capture it for my youtube channel, but Nintendo has been cracking down on youtubers lately (I think it has more to do with the monetized channels than anything else, but rather be safe than sorry). So, what is your favorite aspect of the games?
I can understand Nintendo cracking down on monetized channels because those people do not have permission from Nintendo to profit off of Nintendo's IP. But yeah, that's why I just have never tried streaming stuff/doing videos for people to watch. It's easier to never start, and safer. You never know when a parent company is going to flip out over you posting videos of their stuff online. And Youtube's policies about copyrighted material are still kind of all over the place.

My favorite aspect is the online functionality. Sometimes I grumble when Nintendo announces a new set of Pokemon because the designs are looking weirder and weirder, but the online functionalities for the games just keep getting better and better. It is so easy for me to play with my friends, even if I don't live in the same state or country as them. And that's really the whole point, to connect and play with people.  

Gym Leader Allachka

Spiritual Seraph

22,050 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Fusion Master 1000

darklingtears

Friendly Gaian

6,300 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 1:32 pm
Gym Leader Allachka
darklingtears

I can understand Nintendo cracking down on monetized channels because those people do not have permission from Nintendo to profit off of Nintendo's IP. But yeah, that's why I just have never tried streaming stuff/doing videos for people to watch. It's easier to never start, and safer. You never know when a parent company is going to flip out over you posting videos of their stuff online. And Youtube's policies about copyrighted material are still kind of all over the place.

My favorite aspect is the online functionality. Sometimes I grumble when Nintendo announces a new set of Pokemon because the designs are looking weirder and weirder, but the online functionalities for the games just keep getting better and better. It is so easy for me to play with my friends, even if I don't live in the same state or country as them. And that's really the whole point, to connect and play with people.

I agree with you on the online functions. It's part of the reason I got back into Pokemon. I kinda went on a Hiatus for Generations 4-5 and came back when X and Y came out. I was seriously worrying they were running out of ideas for awhile. It's just hard to stay in character when you're battling an ice cream cone. I kind of wished they added an online element to the pokemon contests when alpha sapphire and omega ruby came out. It used to be multiplayer in Lilycove City via cable cord and I was kinda disappointed with what they did with it.  
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 1:36 pm
darklingtears

I agree with you on the online functions. It's part of the reason I got back into Pokemon. I kinda went on a Hiatus for Generations 4-5 and came back when X and Y came out. I was seriously worrying they were running out of ideas for awhile. It's just hard to stay in character when you're battling an ice cream cone. I kind of wished they added an online element to the pokemon contests when alpha sapphire and omega ruby came out. It used to be multiplayer in Lilycove City via cable cord and I was kinda disappointed with what they did with it.
They are definitely running out of ideas. I love how ridiculous Vanilluxe is. lol

makes me worry about the next game that will inevitably happen

I bet they didn't want to handle ANOTHER server for online functions. They figure trading and battling is enough in terms of online functionality, but yeah, a lot of people wanted to do contests with friends. I personally don't care much about contests, but I am an advocate for as many online functions as possible. Most people nowadays don't play in the same room as each other, they stay in their houses and play with people online.  

Gym Leader Allachka

Spiritual Seraph

22,050 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Fusion Master 1000

darklingtears

Friendly Gaian

6,300 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 1:46 pm
Gym Leader Allachka
darklingtears

They are definitely running out of ideas. I love how ridiculous Vanilluxe is. lol

makes me worry about the next game that will inevitably happen

I bet they didn't want to handle ANOTHER server for online functions. They figure trading and battling is enough in terms of online functionality, but yeah, a lot of people wanted to do contests with friends. I personally don't care much about contests, but I am an advocate for as many online functions as possible. Most people nowadays don't play in the same room as each other, they stay in their houses and play with people online.

LOL I know what you mean. Two of my roommates moved in together just so they could go to their separate rooms and play the same game online with headsets. I mean, I understand the split screen rage, but come on. But I digress. I guess I can understand Nintendo not wanting to deal with another server for contests, but it is the reason why some people bought the reboot of ruby and sapphire. They were the games that introduced contests. Well technically gold, silver, and crystal had the bug contest, but that was different. How was Battle Revolution? I know you said it was fun, but I consider some of the Pokemon Puzzle games fun, but I wouldn't say they were good considering that they rarely have replay value.  
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 2:52 pm
darklingtears

LOL I know what you mean. Two of my roommates moved in together just so they could go to their separate rooms and play the same game online with headsets. I mean, I understand the split screen rage, but come one. But I digress. I guess I can understand Nintendo not wanting to deal with another server for contests, but it is the reason why some people bought the reboot of ruby and sapphire. They were the games that introduced contests. Well technically gold, silver, and crystal had the bug contest, but that was different. How was Battle Revolution? I know you said it was fun, but I consider some of the Pokemon Puzzle games fun, but I wouldn't say they were good considering that they rarely have replay value.
oh god, that's bad. lol

Battle Revolution was good in its own right because it was actually the first game that had the "random match up" function. All other games before that required you to have a link cable or someone's friend code to battle them, but BR at least let you hop online and get paired up randomly with other people looking to fight. It was fun. But yeah, as for the rest of the game... I loved the music. Excellent soundtrack. And it was the first Pokemon game that allowed for (limited) character customization. Loved that feature.

The main part of the game of course was the battling. The game had close to 10 (I think) different play styles. Most of them allowed you to use your own Pokemon, but one of them was a "you can only use these six random Pokemon selected for you" type of competition. It was nice to have the variety of play styles (not all of them required you to defeat your opponent's team), but that mode didn't have much replay value.

There were two features that REALLY made the game worth having imo: the online battling system, and the ability to sync DSes up to it and battle on your DSes through Battle Revolution. The reason I loved this function was because during tournaments, it gave people a way to watch the battle without crowding around a DS screen. Two people could be battling and sharing the action with an entire room. It was such a cool feature that I am dying to see again on the Wii U.  

Gym Leader Allachka

Spiritual Seraph

22,050 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Fusion Master 1000

Kissmyadipose

Friendly Raider

6,450 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Over Easy 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:59 pm
heello. ive been playing pokemon for a long time cant count the years but i stopped for a while. my handhelds died and emulators werent working on my devices. then i got a 2ds for last christmas and have been reintroduced to its amazingness. you guys can call me Niamh (ni-ev).  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:46 am
Gym Leader Allachka
Hey everyone, I am a new member of the guild. Hoping to meet some cool people here who like to battle and chat.

Just call me Allachka. I speak English and Russian. Love video games. Been a member of Gaia since 2005 (and I have been playing Pokemon for far longer than I have been on Gaia). As for Pokemon, my favorite is Rapidash because it is a horse/unicorn. But I love way too many others to list here!

Hi! I am new here too, well new to the guild. My account is new as well. I played Gaia way back in the day but quit and the old account got hacked, so here I am all shiny and new!

Vaporeon is my fav and then Lugia. smile  

WunderlandHare

The Official Pokemon Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas