Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands [IC]
[PRV] A curious situation (Athena/Athena)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:19 am
User Image

Winter was coming. Athena watched the sky often, hoping the measures taken to prepare the dens against the coming storms of the rainy season would be enough. But that wasn't all that worried the black lioness. There were buffalo, ever present, in the jungle on the pride's lands. They'd have to deal with them eventually... Perhaps they'd leave when the rains hit. Go find greener pastures...

She padded along near the border, simply out for a walk today. Her mate was back in the pride's lands, enjoying the Bahari'mtoto's laid-back lifestyle. Of course, they weren't without their worries. It'd been some months since Mongolia had arrived in the lands and they'd settled in as mates, a love blossoming in the face of the comparative oddity of their relationship. But as it had turned out, being half-leopard... Mongolia was completely and entirely infertile. No cubs had come of their union, and with how few cubs were born to the pride as of late... She really wanted cubs to raise. She missed when her son and daughters were cubs, little bundles of fur to cuddle, and Mongolia wanted to be a father... They'd come to the agreement that she would have to find a surrogate sire for them to have children to raise.

The question, though, was who it could possibly be.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:26 pm
User Image Athena was out with one of his daughters, having a nice stroll. Not many of his children still stayed and traveled with his mate Zenobia and him, but Perseus had come back to visit for a while. She had a fertile hybrid mate now in some pride or other and while she could not have cubs, she was excited about the cubs her mate was bringing home for her to raise. She certainly was Athena's offspring. He adored raising Zenobia's cubs just as much as his own.

Athena was a very fluffy lion and while he walked along at a steady if slow pace, enjoying the view as he went, Perseus created a stark contrast to her father. The leopon was bouncing around and running circles around the lion. Her own fluff was every which way from all the activity and jarring that she gave it as she went. The lion shook his head as he stopped for a moment. "Perseus, how do you have so much energy?" He really could not understand her bounding attitude, and yet so many of his cubs had it and it was not their mothers that gave it to them!

User Image Perseus might have had a mate and a pride now, but she was still new to them and had come to spend time with her father while he was traveling past. She had missed her fluffy father and all his sweetness. Her mate was sweet and loving, but he would never replace the antics and love of her father. She had been lucky to have found a fertile leopon mate whom wanted to bring her all the cubs in the world to raise. It was a wonderful arrangement they had.

"I have no more energy than YOU do when you want to! I have seen you racing around and chasing cubs, Dad. You just pretend to be all calm and tired all the time." Perseus grinned at her father and pranced away from him a few feet. "Come on, slow poke, you'll end up fat as well as fluffy if you don't pick up the pace!" She was only teasing, and was happy to see that her father took it well. She had made the old lion laugh and start trotting after her at a quicker pace.

Andranis

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:01 pm
A sound reached her ears, causing the lioness to turn. Blue eyes regarded the world around her for a moment, before focusing on... A lion and a bubbly... Leopard? No, too large. Athena turned course and headed for the pair, realizing as she got closer that she was seeing a female leopon. She should have known... She'd seen the hybrids before Mongolia, after all. But what caught her eye was the lion. Adult... Male... He looked strong... The colors and markings were certainly appealing! She smiled just slightly as she headed closer. "Hello, strangers! I don't think I've seen either of you around here before! Paying the Bahari'mtoto a visit, or just passing on by as you meander through the lands?" She gave a smile - She did quite a lot more of that lately - as she asked the question, making it quite clear that either answer was valid, acceptable, and much welcomed. After all, the Bahari weren't known for being particularly... Aggressive.

Kathryn Dragonna

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:57 pm
Andranis

Athena paused and flicked his ears this way and that when he thought he heard something move nearby. The voice that came to his ears made him relax a bit. Ah, there must be a pride close by. There were many around and he often came close to them in his travels. The only ones he steered clear of were those he heard were not friendly to outsiders. But this pride, Bahari she had called it. he had heard good things about. One of his sons was around here some where attempting to court some female he wanted as a mate. It was part of the reason that the group had come out this way and paused for a bit, but he hadn't realized they were quite so close to the borders.

Athena gave the lioness a bright smile and shook himself so his fur fluffed up, especially his mane. He had learned a long time ago that the fluffier he looked the more females felt comfortable around him even with his large size. "So it is not a wild flower but a lovely seastar that graces my eyes? My daughter and I were just enjoying a nice stroll while our group rests from travel. We are likely to leave one of our number... one of my sons here when we leave. He seems to like what he has seen of your pride." The fluffy male gave a bow to the lioness. "I am Athena, and this is my daughter Perseus."

Perseus stopped bouncing the moment the other lion spoke. There was a time for silliness and a time to be alert, and this was the time to be alert. One had to focus on the newcomer and get a feel for them before lowering their guard. In her case her guard being up meant she set still and watched as her father handled the situation. She was not as large as her father, so she would let him handle things and back him up if needed. When it was clear nobody was getting agressive, the leopon stood back up and started really inspecting the new arrival.

"Yup,I'mPercy.Nicetomeetyou!" Perseus bounded around the female and got a really good look at her from all angles before she slowed down again and gave her father a wicked grin. "You always meet such nice lions, Dad. It must be a gift. Ooo and look at her pretty paw markings! They are so cute!" Now Percy was getting really excited because something interesting had caught her attention. She went back to sitting down, but her ears and tail were twitching every which way as if she could not bare to sit there.  

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:22 pm
Her ears lifted in surprise as she watched the leoponess. Wasn't this one ever hyper! There was an exciting vitality to her and-- Wait, he said his name was what? "Well this is a surprise! My name is Athena, too! Though I have no offspring named Perseus..." That would have been something. "I have to admit, while I wondered if I'd ever meet another Athena, I didn't know I'd meet one that was male!" And a very fluffy male, at that! Quite plush, when she got down to it. "I'm glad your son is settling down! We always welcome more new faces!" If only more of them were cubs. She didn't begrudge the pride growing in numbers... The numbers just seemed to be far more in rogues than cubs born to the pride. It would shift the dynamic of the pride quite a lot. "I hope he knows that the Bahari'mtoto are a pride where lions take mates, I'd hate to see a social faux pas happen." So would the sea. "Though I've not seen any limit to what's considered mate material yet..." She motioned at Perseus. "You have a leopon for a daughter, and I have a leopon for a mate!" He was kind and sweet, and just so exuberant about everything. She enjoyed it!

Kathryn Dragonna

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 8:08 am
Andranis

Athena chuckled at the lioness' name. "Oh dear, well, I never really thought I would meet a female Athena. I have many cubs... Twenty-Seven to my knowledge, most of which I have raised." He was quite proud of all his offspring, and the sheer number of them he had already. Of course the fluffy male always wanted more of them. "I am proud of Eos, he's a very good boy, even if he is excitable... like most of my cubs." He gives a pointed look at Perseus. She was a very good example of how excitable his children could be.

"Oh, he's a a good boy and a loyal one. He's got it in his head to find a nice female to have lots of cubs with, thinks he can give me a run with one female. I don't think he'll do it." Athena chuckles and fluffs himself again. he knew his boy would try to give him as many grandcubs as he could. "Do you have any cubs, if you do not mind my asking? I know you said you have a leopon as a mate, and that does not always lead to cubs..." He loved talking cubs, and hoped this female would not mind the turn of conversation..

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Perseus giggled at the turn of conversation to leopons. "I have a leopon mate too! He can have cubs, but I do not seem to be able to." It was one of the drawbacks of being a hybrid. Most of her kind were not fertile. "He says he's going to bring me cubs for us and I can't wait!" She was secretly hoping that by the time she went home from her visit with her family, that he would already have cubs for her to love and play with. She was eager to be a mother even if she could only adopt her mate's offspring.  

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 11:36 am
The dark lioness couldn't help but be amused by the leoponess. "I'm glad you two are still having a family! If you both want one, it's important to find a way!" She paused. "Without resorting to cubnapping, anyway..." That right there was just rude, never mind how dangerous it was for all involved parties.

She looked to Athena, smiling a bit. "I have four grown children - Three daughters and a son. Two of the daughters and my son are out somewhere else, while my other daughter is in the pride with me. We both washed ashore after the last tsunami..." She let out a bit of a sigh. "I've seen the way Mongolia looks at the families with cubs... He does want badly to be a father... And I do miss when my children were much smaller."

Her ears went back in sudden thought a moment, not pinned to her skull but pointed a bit more back. She then eyed the male up and down. "Of course... This COULD be an opportunity knocking... Would you, perhaps, be able to help us?"

Kathryn Dragonna

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 1:56 pm
Andranis

"I am happy for Perseus having a mate that is willing to stay with her reguardless of the cub situation and work around it. The male is a very kind creature, and good to her, so I approve." Athena tilted his head to the side as he listened to the lioness talk to his daughter and then answer his question about children. Four cubs, grown. Something about the way she talked made him think that perhaps that they were not to her leopon mate. He smiled softly at the mention of small cubs. "All my offspring are grown now... but I know how you feel. I always miss having small cubs about, or having ones I can visit."

"I have heard about tsunamis but never seen one. I am sure it was a frightening experience for you to be in such a thing. You and your daughter are both fine now, correct?" Athena did not wish any harm to anyone, least of all pretty females or cubs. He was a soft old fluffball, and it showed with how many children he had sired, and how good of relationships he had with all their mothers. He paused a moment and blinked at the female's last comment. "An opportunity knocking?" He looked over at Perseus for a moment and then back at Athena as he chuckled. "Am I correct in assuming the lovely lady wishes help producing cubs? I am certainly able and willing to help a family, but I do wish to be able to visit a bit in my travels."

Perseus' tail flicked more energetically as she thought of her mate. "Oh no, we do not believe in cubnapping, taking in orphans yes, his having his own and bringing them home if the mother does not wish all of them, yes, but no cubnapping." She shuddered at the thought. She would NEVER want to put any cub through that fate. It would be a terrifying and horrible experience that would likely haunt them their whole little lives. She just could not bring herself to really think about such a thing, and she knew her mate would never do that.

"This conversation is starting to sound as if i need to leave you alone for a bit, Pops. I can go keep Zenobia and the others company back with the group, if you need." Perseus grinned and reached over to paw at her father's shoulder affectionately. She looked at the lioness and nodded. "You've picked a good one... you'll get lots of fluffy energetic cubs. There are a lot of my siblings that are like me, but fluffier." That was another thing that ran in Athena's genes: fluffy fur. Not just that he taught them to fluff it up, but that it was a bit longer and softer than most other lions around too.  

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:45 pm
Watching the young hybrid leave, Athena let out an amused sound. Her attention turned back to the male Athena, eyes dancing with a bit of amusement. "You've figured me out! I request assistance on that front, yes. My mate's a leopon, himself, you see, and wants to be a father. But he's infertile." At this, her tone turned deadpan for a moment. "We've TRIED." The huff she let out was accompanied by an eyeroll at her predicament. "It would figure I'd fall in love with somebody who couldn't sire cubs... But, that doesn't mean he can't be a good father. He's fully aware that any cubs I bear won't be his, genetically, and is alright with it, since they would still be raised in a loving environment. Not a one of them would be without two parental figures. A third wouldn't be out of the question, and we'd fill their heads only with good things about the lion who made it possible for them to exist in the first place, and why the father that's raising them isn't the same father who sired them. It's only logical to tell them the truth, after all, as soon as they can understand, so that no interactions are ever tainted." She offered a smile, "In short, yes, you may visit any time you wish."

Kathryn Dragonna

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:16 pm
Andranis

Athena nods and moves to give the lioness a gentle nuzzle of comfort. He knew how frustrating it was to not have cubs when trying. It had taken him FOREVER to get his first female with cubs. He had felt so useless because he wanted to share that joy with them, and it just did not happen. Of course it happened eventually for him, and then he kept doing it. But he remembered how it felt to wonder if he was ever going to have cubs and feel like he never would. It was not an easy thing to deal with and he was certain it could not be any easier for this lioness and her mate than it had been for him back then. "I would be happy to help, Athena."

Athena fluffed himself up more and gave her his best charming grin, which made him look adorable. He motions for the lioness to lead the way and waits for her to start off before following. "Lead on, beautiful seashell, and I will do my best to help you build a family." He could not help but be excited at the idea of more cubs. It did not matter so much that he wouldn't be in their lives all the time, as they would have a loving family no matter what. He just loved the idea of more cubs finally! Cubs were cubs afterall.

Perseus was happy to leave the two lions to discuss their arrangements. She loved her father dearly and loved what he was doing for this lioness, but really she did not want to think about it too much. It was still her father, having relations. That would always be and eww thought no matter what. One just could not help that being an uncomfortable thought when it was one's parent. She was more than happy to go back to Zenobia and the others and wait for the old fluffball to come in to the group later.  

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

[IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces