User ImageJugnu was waddling about the pride on one of the few walks that she was able to sneak in when Nurrin and Joto weren’t looking. The white and green lioness was happy to say that she was loving the attention she was getting all the time but once in awhile a girl just needed to get up and take a stroll around. There really was only so many naps a girl could take on the various rocks about the pride.

She had nothing in mind to do, she figured a simple stroll around the pride’s lands would be nice. She also hoped that perhaps a stroll about might start to induce a touch of labor. She felt like she could not possibly get any huger and frankly she was ready to meet whatever she had been growing inside of her these last few months. WIth a great sigh Jugnu planted herself under a tree, she was enjoying her walk but there was only so many steps she could take before her paws began to ache and scream for a break.

Asenath was patrolling the pride lands, she was still doing her best to fit in and make friends. The black and white lioness figured the best way to make her transition smoother was to be out and about letting the pride see her face and get to know her. She was hoping that if the pride members found her approachable then maybe they would find her a little more acceptable as their leader.

As the leader made her way around the pride she saw one of the lionesses that she hadn’t had a chance to get to know just yet. With a smile on her face she began to walk towards the lioness. She knew her by sight, as she was the only pregnant lioness in the pride right now. Asenath also knew that she may not be the most liked by this particular lioness. Asenath knew that the other leader of the pride was the granddaughter of a rather vocal pride member, someone whose blood ran to the very core of the pride. Of course the lioness that she was looking at was the mate to said vocal lioness.

“Why hello there, Jugnu right?” Asenath said as she approached the lioness who was resting her paws beneath the tree. Asenath didn’t want to be presumptuous so she didn’t make a move to sit with the lioness, no instead she remained standing before her, a sign of respect as it were. Even though Asenath was a leader in the pride she knew that she was still a newcomer and that showing some respect towards those with original blood could not hit in her ploy to become more accepted among the ranks of the pride.

Jugnu raised her eyes to see Asenath standing before her, she was honestly a little shocked. The lioness who was their second leader in the pride had been here a little while but Jugnu had yet to actually cross paths with her. She wasn’t sure how she felt about the new leader being one that had so much black in her coat, of course she had Joto rage on about it at no end so now Jugnu wasn’t entirely sure what her opinion on the matter was, not to mention her pregnancy hormones were bring all sorts of things to the surface for her.

User Image
“Hello” she replied her voice somewhat cool, she wasn’t sure why the leader of the pride would be stopping to talk to her, though perhaps she shouldn’t be so judgemental, not yet.

“I am sorry to bother you, I just saw you sitting here and I thought now would be a perfect time to introduce myself to you.” what Asenath couldn’t quite admit was that she was hoping that the other lioness didn’t pick up on was that this was a perfect time because Joto wasn’t around. Asenath had seen that there may be trouble with the lion, and it would be best to introduce herself to just Jugnu on her own fist.

“I have been wanting to introduce myself to you ever since I joined, and to congratulate you on your upcoming bundle of joy. It was one of the first things I was informed of when I joined the pride and I must say I am very happy to see that you are doing so well in your pregnancy.” Asenath offered the white and green lioness a very soft smile. Every word that she said had been true and she hoped that the other lioness would know this.

“Thank you.” Jugnu said warming up just a little. She had to admit that she was overjoyed with the litter coming and anyone who was willing to congratulate her or wish her well was aces in her books. Once you got Jugnu talking about the babies there would be little that would shut her up. “I just wish I knew how many there were or when they would come, if they will have the gift.” There were so many questions that Jugnu had about the little ones she was caring and of course no way to know for sure until they were to arrive.

Asenath gave Jugnu a knowing smile, although she had never had a litter herself these were things that she had many mothers question before. “Well I can not speak to whether or not they will be blessed, only the Gods know that, I can tell you that it seems to be four.” Asenath said with her eyes closed. She reached out slightly to touch Jugnu, “It also appears it won’t be too long from now, in fact I believe you should be heading home.” Asenath said with a smile. She took a step away from the white and green lioness, “I can’t wait to meet them.” she said in a whisper. The first cubs of the pride was going to be a magical thing for all of them, the first life in their reborn home.

Jugnu didn’t need to be told twice she got up and waddled her way home, where she was certain she would soon begin to feel the start of labour pains. Jugnu had a spring in her step her excitement boiling over the edge, she couldn’t wait to meet her young.