Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands [IC]
[PRP] An Honest Proposal (Ram & Neon'linga)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:36 pm
User Image

He...hadn't really wanted to accept that with his new position in society, there were also other responsibilities that he needed to attend to. Oh, without a doubt, it was exceptionally easy for him to take on a leadership role, and to guide others through the political mind fields that existed but when it came to more sensitive matters... Well, suffice to say that he had been ignoring some of those for as long as it was physically possible.

However, now that the lion had decided that it would be of benefit for him to stay, it was also fitting that he didn't leave the Bahari in a similar position that they had been before. In the tragic aftermath of the tsunami, they had been leaderless and as a consequence, exploited. No doubt his daughter had been doing what she thought was appropriate, but he couldn't help but feel that she simply hadn't been suited to the role.

Thus, it was with renewed awkwardness that the lion had come to the conclusion that he needed to ensure they did have an heir, and that heir was loved, respected and most of all, educated in the ways of the pride so that their decisions did not impact in such a negative fashion. This decision did pose a problem though, and that problem, was that he needed a mate.

He had given it much thought and based on his limited time he had accepted that romance (at this time) was not an option. Thus he had gone for a more 'political' choice. Whether or not she would accept was another matter entirely, but he had to try and maybe, just maybe, prepare himself to be smacked on the face by an affronted paw!

~Masamune~

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:25 am
Epine de Rose

User Image

For Neoni'liga, things had just about gotten back to normal within the Bahari'mtoto. After a year which seemed like a lifetime, her daughter Zephyranthes had returned to the Pride, none the worse from having spent a year with a Pride that her mother couldn't help but fear and revile for the longest time. She had eventually come to accept that they were not evil has she had first thought, and were simply foolish and desperate. Many of them were actually perfectly nice lions and lionesses, who did not condone what their leader had done in ordering the kidnap of Bahari cubs.

All that was in the past now though, as thanks to Zephyranthes and others, the Bahari'mtoto now had a strong ally. Members of both Prides could now pass freely into each other's territories in order to secure new bloodlines. Although she secretly hoped that her own children would find love within their own borders, as she would hate for one of them to switch Prides entirely!

This new relaxing of borders had meant that more Bahari'mtoto lionesses than ever were having litters of their own. Neoni'liga couldn't help but feel broody.

~Masamune~

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:32 am
She wasn't difficult to find; like many of the Bahari she possessed a very distinct set of markings that made her light up like a beacon. He, quite literally, paled in comparison when put against many of the denizens. Suffice to say that his pale coat was definitely suited to snow bound slopes, but it seemed to blend in quite well with the rocks as well.

Thus, it wasn't long at all before he spotted the lioness, and gathering his 'courage', he drew nearer. He didn't make it difficult to hear or sense him, but he did present himself with a sense of purpose. He wasn't hear for general chit chat, though he supposed he should ease in to the conversation he wished to have as opposed to dropping in on her head like an anvil.

"Neoni'linga," he murmured in greeting. "How are you this morning?"

~Masamune~

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:14 am
Epine de Rose

Neoni'liga was so busy scanning the sand around her paws for shells that she was totally oblivious to Ram's presence until he greeted her. Her head popped up in surprise, only to be lowered again in a polite bow towards her leader.

When she lifted her head, she smiled warmly at him. "Good morning Ram!" After what had happened with Zephyranthes, the blue lioness had been angry with the leader of the Bahari'mtoto for some time, almost blaming him for allowing her to be left behind. She came around eventually though, and although he wasn't the most social and out-going of leaders, she was certain that the Bahari'mtoto wouldn't have made it this far without him.

"I'm fine thanks! How are you?"

~Masamune~

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:39 am
~Masamune~

"I'm doing...well," he replied after a moment of consideration. He certainly had nothing to complain about, but he wouldn't have said he was fantastic based on what he aspired to do! In fact, it was just then that he looked ever so slightly sheepish as his mind kindly pointed out why he was here - worst still, he still had no idea how to approach it. How did one bring up such topics of conversation? They didn't exactly slot well in between the subject of weather and breakfast!

He paused, regarding the female for a few moments before peering at her feet. She'd been very distracted before his arrival, now he couldn't help but ponder over what she was looking for. He couldn't see anything at her paws, but that didn't mean there wasn't something he was unaware of.

"Have you lost something?" he enquired at last and drew closer, his gaze still on the sand beneath her. "Or have you become a soothsayer and there's marks in the sand I can't see...?" he hazarded curiously.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:16 am
Epine de Rose

The blue lioness smiled warmly as she looked at Ram. Despite him saying that he was well, she had known him long enough to know when he was hiding something. Or at the very least, had something on his mind. As the Leader of her Pride however, she chose not to question him about it straight away. As much as she considered him a friend, she was also one who always wished to follow whatever etiquette may be in place.

When he questioned her, she let out a small laugh and shook her head. "I don't think I'm smart enough to be a soothsayer." She continued to smile. "I was just looking for shells." As she said that, she lifted her paw and patted the shell necklace that she had been wearing around her neck since she was a cub. There was a gap where one had clearly fallen off. "I'm just looking to replace the one I lost."

She had had to replace many shells over the years, but the one she lost most recently had been one of her favourites. The one she got to replace it would have to be extra special.

~Masamune~

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:12 am
~Masamune~

"Aha," he glanced briefly at her necklace and nodded in understanding, he hadn't quite gotten his head around the idea of jewellery but it was similar to his fur coat. There was cultural significance to it, but weren't they supposed to collect those shells as though they were charms? Surely picking any off shell wouldn't do the job? "I wouldn't knock your own intelligence just yet," he added and the pointed at her necklace with a raised brow. "But I thought those were charms, not simply replaced by something spare or shiny...?"

More study required in the cultural department to say the least!

"If it's something shiny I can offer my assistance, I'm rather good for that," he mused and then shook his head. "If I'm looking for something magical then I fear that may be outside the realms of my expertise and I will have to draft in some assistance," he continued and then cleared his throat. "Or perhaps merely provide motivational cheering from the sidelines while your hunt continues."

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 1:37 pm
Epine de Rose

Neoni'liga continued to smile at Ram. It was true that shells did hold great significance for the Pride as a whole, so the Leader of the Pride seemed a bit confused by the blue lioness' willingness to simply replace something so meaningful. "My mother gave me my very first shell necklace when I was only a cub." A thoughtful expression touched her face. "She told me how important shells were to the Bahari'mtoto, but to me, that necklace was just the prettiest thing I had ever seen." She once again lifted a paw in order to pat the necklace. "This may not be the same necklace I had as a cub, but it's still very special to me."

At Ram's offer to help her look, she blinked in surprise. Did he really have the time to spare? Neoni'liga couldn't help but take him up on his offer. "Wonderful!" She beamed. "I can't wait to see what you find!" She took a few excited steps forward. Her sons and daughters all had their own roles in the Pride these days, so it had been some time since she had last had someone along helping her look for shells.

~Masamune~

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 10:29 am
~Masamune~

Soooo...shiny then?

He looked just a touch non-plussed as she agreed to receive his help but didn't entirely clarify what she needed. Consequently, he decided that the safest option was for him to take a 'wild guess' and assume that she would be satisfied with something shiny. Either that, or he'd hunt for something with a peculiar shape... it was about all he could offer as magic and soothsaying were beyond him!

"I promise nothing," he pointed out as he drew nearer and began to pick along the beach, his head a touch bowed. "It might be a jewel but it'll be the act of the gods that makes it magic," he added with a small chuckle. He did pause for a small moment though and furrowed his brow. "Does colour matter, or shall I just... Go with whatever looks 'fabulous'?" he asked, his paw mimicking a 'quotation' as he had seen a number of cubs do before.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:47 pm
Epine de Rose

Neoni'liga was actually quite pleasantly surprised by how laid back and even playful Ram was being today. It wasn't a side to him she had really seen. It was nice though, and gave her a chance to hopefully get to know more about her usually somewhat stoic Leader.

She laughed when Ram spoke of finding something 'fabulous'. Did he really just say that? What had come over him today. She smiled before pursing her mouth whilst she thought. "I think...I think I would like something that you like." She looked at him carefully, looking for any sign of confusion or reprehension. "Pick whatever you like, and I'm sure I will love it"

~Masamune~

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:09 pm
~Masamune~

"Some would call that a complete cop out of an answer," Ram chastised with a raised brow. If there was one thing that always caught him off guard it was when a female said 'Oh you choose!', his daughter had done it before and he'd never managed to get it quite right. In his books, such a response was a trap and he regarded Neoni somewhat warily before returning his gaze to the various rocks and shells that lay around him.

Suffice it to say that what he had seen so far was not up to standard and after a shake of his head and a disgruntled snort, he wandered away from her immediate radius and towards one of the rock pools.

"So," he continued after a few moments. "Have you forgiven me yet?" he enquired in a conversational manner. "Or am I still in your bad books even though your daughter has now safely returned?" he hazarded.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:13 am
Epine de Rose
So sorry for the delay!

The bright blue lioness chuckled at Ram's response. Although he may have doubted it, she was being nothing but genuine when she said that she would like whatever he likes. After all, she was more interested in the sentiment and meaning behind the shell than she was the shell itself. The fact that he was taking the time to look for one that was just right made her really happy.

Neoni'liga remained where she was stood, only following Ram with her eyes. When he brought up the next topic of conversation, she blinked, before gently nodding her head. "You did what you thought was best, just like Zephyranthes." She smiled warmly. "If I could've seen back then where your actions would bring us, I would've forgiven you a lot sooner."

It wasn't a surprising admission, the fact that it had taken her some time to get over what happened. It truly was all in the past now, and both Prides were doing well as a result. "You are a great leader Ram. I could never not forgive you, no matter what you choose to do."

~Masamune~

[IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff