Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:42 pm
User ImageUser Image

Tobias ||
He wasn't sure how much more of this he could stand. For hours the alchemist poked, prodded, and jabbed at him while bombarding him with every question and thought that occurred to him. Of course, Lewenharto didn't give his patient time to answer more than a few, not that he would have complied. The alchemist was a sore on the backside but at least he had good intentions. Shandor insisted that newcomers be given a short look-over. Just in case. There was tell of disease and...odd happenings outside of the borders. Happenings and illness weren't among the things the pride wished to share.

He groaned as the alchemist opened his maw and took a quick look inside. Lewenharto, or Leo as he insisted on being called, pushed his tongue down with a short stick and turned his head one way then the other.

Tobias shoved the male away. "Old man, I'm fine. Keep your paws out of my mouth."

Lewenharto ||
The alchemist leaned back and bobbed his shoulders. "Fine, fine. It's just standard procedure." He stood back and glanced over a small scribbled chart nearby. "You're small for your age and species- very small... I wouldn't think you were a full grown male by-"

He paused as the male bared his teeth.

"Ah- a-anyway, you're quite healthy. A decent specimen. A few meals to get some meat back on your bones and you'll be right as rain. Now, I do need some background information."

Andranis

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:04 pm
The pale merchant had been off doing his own thing, minding his own business, when he'd spied the star-limbed lion and the... Strange little lion... Was that a lion? His ears seemed a bit FLOPPY for a lion, really... Of course, for as small as the brown-coated lion was, he was covered in many scars. The pink-marked male couldn't help it... He butted in. "Perhaps he has some cheetah in him, for his small stature... Of course, by my observation, that makes him no less of a threat to those who get on his bad side. Small means nimble, easy to get around very quietly..." He rolled his own shoulders. "Where as me, while I'm large and have some power to my punch... I'd be slower, and my white a** can't exactly hide easily in the dark, especially if the moon's out." Which was why he was a Merchant, not a Patron. He nodded at the lion being poked and prodded. "And that green hair is an advantage, as well - In the moonlight, it looks like another patch of grass or cluster of leaves."

Thalion

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:20 pm
Lewenharto ||
The alchemist glanced up as his inspection was interrupted. Tobias tensed, his entire body stiff and straight as a board. He didn't have a lot of muscle on him, but what he had was coiled tight as a coil of rope. There was a dangerous flash in his mismatched eyes, like a flash of lightning across a dark sky. He leaned back on impulse, then threw a glance over to the pale stranger.

"Ah... the outsider." Leo glanced to another chart- this one was scribbled on a thin strip of wood. "From.... a pride where a male claims many females. Sorry- the patrons were a little sparse on the details." He glanced up with a lopsided smirk. "So you're here for your check-up?"

Tobias ||
The small lion groaned and looked away. Part cheetah? Maybe somewhere down his mother's line... somewhere far down. He didn't care to think about his lineage, it wouldn't change anything.

"You're quick to run your mouth, pinkie." Tobias flicked his tail. "But... thanks for the.... scattered complements. You here to distract the doc?"

Lewenharto ||
"Doc?" He looked a little hopeless.

Andranis

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:10 pm
Deep pink eyes narrowed as his tail lashed a bit. "PINKIE..." While he was usually proud to wear every marking he had, regardless of the history whispered by some of the lions he passed involving this particular SHADE of pink, he didn't appreciate the nickname of Pinkie. It brought to mind baby rodents. His lips curled back in a silent snarl. He suddenly stopped, clearing his throat and shaking his coat so his raised hackles settled down, though his ears, which had gone back, remained laid back. "I was simply passing by and became curious." He then eyed the blonde lion. "How long should I be here before lions stop calling me 'outsider'? And yes, the Ukuucha'wafalme had lions who claimed multiple mates... I have steadfastly remained at TWO, as they are all I love and desire to love. There are also some males who only ever took one mate within the pride, and indeed... Some with MANY. The Sultan had..." He paused, sitting down and looking at the sky while counting with his fore paw. "I think he had... Somewhere between four and six? Of course not all banu were taken out of LOVE... And Mola'katiti, Emera, and I went there from outside the pride. Katiti's from the Pridelands, Emera from... I forget where. And I was born a rogue."

Thalion

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:25 pm
Lewenharto ||
He held his paws up in a gesture of peace and shook his head. "Sorry. I tend to... let time pass me by more quickly than most. It's been some time since you arrived, certainly, but my records of you are incomplete- I'm fascinated by origin stories of our members. I'm aiming to compile a directory of sorts." He stepped across the floor of his small den and motioned to a strangely sorted stack of wooden slabs.

"As our culture develops and grows, I would like a record of cultural...trends that may eventually take root in the pride and develop further. Knowing our past is the key to guiding us towards the future."

Tobias ||
The youth snorted and settled himself down on his belly. "And some culture guard these secrets in their own way. For all you know, you just declared war on him and his mother."

He shot a look up towards the larger lion. "So...we're not supposed to exchange real names. What're you called, pinks?"

Lewenharto ||
"Ah yes- I've neglected to make note of your new name. My apologies."

Andranis

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:45 pm
He gave a slightly impassive shrug. "My history isn't horribly complex. Grew up a rogue on the border of the Pridelands, where I met Katiti... Ask her some time why she goes by Goddess Heart. She got no end of mockery from me when we were cubs for it. But, we eventually left because we wanted to see more... And then we picked up Emera on the border of her OWN birth pride and wound up taking her with us. Those two act like real sisters..." He sighed and smiled... And then shot the green-haired lion a scathing glare. "My name is not PINKS, either. It's Wambleeska. It means white eagle." He then placed a paw on his chest. "But for an in-pride name, I go by Alabaster." Which in hindsight wasn't too terribly creative compared to pride names like Goddess Heart and Misty Starlight. Trust him to think like a guy for a name... He was letting the girls name the cubs, he'd end up naming them things like Rock and Leaf!

Thalion

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:03 am
Tobias ||
The youth waved his claws in a rough imitation of a spell-weaver casting a small spell, his eyes rolling as he did so. "White eagle. You know, giving out your real name isn't the best thing to do- least of all if you can't trust the person hearing it."

He turned to the now very interested Lewenharto, his expression deadpan. "Where I come from, names hold power over the individual. You know their real name and it can shake you to the marrow of your bones. Names unlock things about yourself that you aren't even aware of. There's more than just something that rolls off the tongue and has a cute little catch-phrase tacked onto it." He flicked his tail. "Words run a lot closer to the bone than any claw could."

Lewenharto ||
"A poet then?" He tilted his head. "Perhaps from a pride far north of here- there are some within this pride who have ventured from one where names are significant. They go on some sort of...journey to discover theirs. They aren't considered adults until they do."

He tapped his chin. "Perhaps that's where you're from....erm.... I don't have a name for you here."

Tobias ||
The youth smirked. "No, you don't. Can't come calling for me either, can you?"

Lewenharto ||
"Certainly not, but you won't be permitted to do much within the pride until you have something to go by."

Tobias ||
The lion looked away, his eyes drifting skyward. It was growing darker now, even with the longer days upon them. The seaside had been calm enough, sunny and warm but there were days that had a cold bite in the air. There was electricity in the wind that blew from the roaring sea. The waters turned darker, even under a full sun, and the gulls fell silent. Those who knew the currents of the sky felt it in their very bones- a coming storm.

"Alright. I guess if I need a label here, I'll take the name "Stormwind"." He glanced to the two lions, then settled his gaze on Alabaster. "It means...Stormwind."

Lewenharto ||
"A pride where sarcasm abounds and respect for elders is something of a joke, see." Leo sighed. "My apologies, Alabaster. I can only ask questions, I can never control what answers I'll get."

Andranis

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:32 pm
The white lion gave a huff, eyeballing the youth. "Wambleeska is the name my parents gave me. Who's to say it's the name that truly defines me and who I am?" Alabaster technically defined him. He was white. It wasn't anything particularly spectacular, nor did he feel it should be hidden. His ear flicked as he glanced outside, then looked at the youth, one eyebrow raising. "I'd comment on how you came up with that name, but... I'm not exactly one to talk." He settled down, brushing some dirt off one paw. "And you, oh esteemed doctor, what of YOUR story? Or the parts of it you feel should be shared, anyway."

Thalion

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:08 pm
Tobias ||
The youth smirked. "As you say, some words have more than one meaning. The wind is small, stealthy. Sometimes it brings great comfort. A breeze on a hot day or at just the right moment when a lovely lady catches your eye can make a world of difference. But...a wind before a storm is quite another thing." He glanced skyward and gave a nod. "There's something different.. it's no stronger than a passing breeze but it warns of some great power following just behind it. Dark skies, electricity surging through the sky, and rain that can sweep away mountains. A warning, but only to those clever enough to know it to be one."

He cracked one of the knuckles in his paw and looked away. "I think it suits well."

Lewenharto ||
That wasn't concerning in the least...

He bobbed his shoulder and made a note of it beside Tobias' record. "Very well, I'll let Riddle-mouth know that you've chosen a name for yourself. The pride will know you as Stormwind. No longer are you an outsider among us."

Tobias ||
"Glad to have your permission." He replied dryly.

Lewenharto ||
The lion sighed and glanced past the upstart to the pink-backed lion near the mouth of his den. "Mine? Oh well...no one's asked that before." He raised the feather he had been scribbling with to his mouth and nibbled nervously against the end of it. "Well...there's not much to say really. I was...eccentric as a cub. The only son to my father and I wasn't exactly what he was looking for. Where I came from there was a great divide. Faction fighting faction for territory, hunting ground, fertile females, and resources. Father was among the most feared of the warriors under his king and hoped that I would continue the family tradition."

Leo laughed and waved a paw. "Sometimes we're made a little different. I could never raise a paw to strike anyone. I was more fascinated by how the paw worked. How our claws move in and out, why our toes only bend so far, why the wrist can move this way and that but the elbow cannot- I wanted to learn."

He bobbed his shoulders again. "Nothing special. Typical black zebra story. I found my way here over the course of some time and it seems what made me unwanted in one place made me valuable in another. I'm certain it's not a story unique to myself in a place such as this."

Tobias ||
The lion rolled his ears back and glanced away. Unwanted...then valuable. Perhaps...

Andranis

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:11 pm
He gave a bobbing of his own head. Yes, he could see that, for sure... "I don't think either myself nor either of my mates were any more or less wanted than any other lion around us." His nose wrinkled. "I'm not sure what my parents thought of me up and wandering off... We were rogues, after all... Katiti was one in several hundred, and Emera... She's never really said, actually..." At some point they'd have to go find her family, to see what they were up to, where they'd gone... In the journey to the Kizingo'zaa, they'd discovered Emera's birth pride had disbanded, so who knew where her family had gone off to. He then shot a glance at the green-haired lion. "Any hint at your past? Other than names holding power." He was, admittedly, curious now.

Thalion

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:31 pm
Lewenharto ||
"I suppose that's what makes us special. We're a place for those without a place to call their own." He tapped his chin in consideration. "Sort of... a family of exiles and odd balls. It certainly never struck me that even our king is better than anyone else. He laughs, drinks, and becomes the backside of a fair share of jokes just as any of us do."

The alchemist turned his head to Tobias as he was addressed. The young lion's brow creased and he rose up to his paws. "Erhm...Stormwind?"

Tobias ||
"Not everyone wants to blab about what they've brushed off their backs." He stepped away from the den, his eyes suddenly as dangerous as the darkening skies above the sea. There was no invitation to further discussion on the matter.

"You got what you need, doc?"

Lewenharto ||
Leo grew somber and leaned back, giving the youngster his space. "Yes, for now."

Andranis

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:18 pm
Alabaster watched the young lion leave, ears shifting forward and back again as his tail twitched. "Hm, prickly youth, that one..." He rose to his paws, stretching out a bit. "Well, Renaissance, I will see you another day... Perhaps after the storms pass, so you can get that checkup in." He paused on his way out. "I'll bring Emera, too. I worry that she might be having some troubles settling in..." His nose wrinkled. "A lion said she shouldn't be by the sea if she's blind and the water scares her..." The comment had rubbed both him and Katiti wrong. "I'd like her to meet others who aren't as... Ocean oriented, as it were..." He walked out of the den, not going particular fast. After all... His walk had been more of a mosey before, why should he pick up the pace?

Thalion

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:32 pm
Lewenharto ||
He shook his head and made a quiet "tsk" sound under his breath. His documents were filed away or neatly set aside so the ink could dry along the wooden surface. "Well not all of us can share the same disposition sadly. We all have our trials but it's how we handle them that defines us."

He glanced back and frowned. The poor thing...the ocean should always command a bit of fear and awe. Those that lost either more likely than not lost their lives to it. "I would be glad to meet her. Personally, I like to keep it at a safe distance from myself and my work. Lovely view though."

As the pale lion departed, Leo tugged on a tattered pelt that hung over the mouth of his cave, shutting himself in for the night. He still had some work to do.

Andranis

[IC] Kizingo'zaa Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff