User Image

So Endymion would had already found a mate. What a turn of events this would be. Pups. Grandpups to be exact. The prospect made the Baraza feel her age. She sat atop of High Moon Point, where she could bask in the illumination of the half moon and the stars above without hardly a care in the world. Howlers could be heard yapping in the distance as they chased after prey to feed the nocturnal pack. Soon enough she would likely need to bless the two's marriage and hope to the goddesses that it would be enough to earn her only son their favor in blessing the two as well.

The metal clasp around her neck was beginning to weigh heavy on her. It was an heirloom from times gone by. Maybe it was time to pass it on to the next generation? What would Alnitak think on the matter? Would she even care? Probably, knowing her. Furrowing her brow, the canine pawed at the grass beneath her feet, scraping it to the side as her mind wandered. When did Alnitak not care? Her opinions were in everything, but they usually had reason to be, no matter how much Alnilam may dislike it. The two were the leading wild dogs in the pack and as such, they made everything their business.

Two birds suddenly flew overhead, chirping as they tumbled a short distance as they locked their tiny feet before separating and recovering, only to begin again. They seemed like almost like the twin leaders, but in a much different way. It seemed...friendly, almost flirtatious, definitely not malicious. Their sounds were far from angry, maybe a little annoyed at times, but definitely not angry. It was almost a refreshing sound to hear, versus the chattering that had been wearing at the Baraza's mind for so long.

Her weary eyes watched the two birds play out their dance before they too faded into the background of the night sky and out of her view. Suddenly her quiet sanctuary was disturbed by the found of footsteps behind her. The smell was not one she recognized either. When did someone...?! Jumping to her feet, Alnilam quickly spun around to face her would-be attacker with fangs already bared. She was no spring calf when it came to battle so any fight was sure to be a long and tough one.

User Image

"Wait, wait!"

The god sprung backwards, flowers blooming in his wake, stumbling as he did so to put distance between the two of them. Misimu's black mane shook as he tried to right himself.

"I'm not here to harm you, whatever you may think." That was probably the best way to start this off as it seemed to be the much smaller canine's primary concern given her aggressive posture. "In fact, I'm here to do quite the opposite." Her demeanor completely changed after those words left his mouth. "My grandmother spoke of your pack, or at least I heard that she did. I'm not sure...but she still watches over it." Blue eyes glanced up towards the night sky with a smile.

"And just who is your grandmother, lion?" Alnilam snapped her jaws, her tail still raised, but her fangs no longer bared to him. He was strange, unlike any lion she had met before but that was no reason to lower her guard. Somehow he had slipped passed any Colossus nearby and that was something that had her interest.

"The goddess of the night. I'm unsure what you and your kin know her as, but she is the custodian of this time of darkness." The night had always been somewhat comforting to him. Maybe it was the blood relation to Bast or maybe it was just that he had always preferred the cold. Whatever the reason, Misimu was trying to appease to this canine.

The Baraza's ears swung forward she her dark eyes narrowed at the stranger. He had her attention, now what the hell did her want with them? "What's your business here, lion?"

She wasn't at all happy with him, was she? Though with a pack full of wild dogs and Misimu being a large lion that had just suddenly snuck up on one of their leaders, he couldn't blame them. "I'm here to give my blessing. I was informed there was newly wedded pair."

"And just where did you hear that?"

"A bird."

"How quaint." Sarcasm dripped from Alnilam's voice as she turned from the god to look back over the plains. He was no threat, even she could see that now that he was actually speaking with her instead of simply appearing with unknown intent. A blessing was always good, well, typically good, especially when the said god was related to one of their goddesses. There was no way Alnilam could turn him away with that sort of relation. "What sort of blessing would you bestow upon them?" She asked.

"A token, to call me whenever aid is needed. Since my grandmother cannot come, I will in her stead." She was always busy, work kept her occupied and had taken her away from the family for so long...it seemed a shame, but he could not fault her on her commitment to her domain. Pushing his head back and tilting his chin downward, Misimu pulled one of the purple flowers from his necklace and placed it upon the ground. Already attached to it was silver necklace, a single loop with no end.

"For one of them. I cannot gift two, so you must decide which receives it. A gift from me, to you, for you to gift to them." It was a precious gift, something Misimu had not given to anyone besides his own children before, but somehow it felt right to give it to a pack that his grandmother respected. "It will not wilt or dry out and will last through the ages. Each time I am called, it will lose one petal until none remain."

The speaking of a the token caused Alnilam to turn her attention back to him, but by the time she had turned to face him, the god was gone. Sighing, she lifted the delicate silver strand into her mouth before beginning her descent down High Moon Point. Now to decide if it would be Endymion or Nungal who would receive the mysterious god's token.

[word count: 1063]