Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Kitwana'antara Lands [IC]
[PRP] Our endless suffering (Sliabh x Taya)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:55 am
The previous night - SRP
User Image

Tiredness weighed on him like a thick blanket, making his thoughts groggy and his muscles ache. And despite what had transpired the night before, he had gained no rest benieth the old tree. Now, the daytime heat bore down on him, dust clogged his throat and tacky tongue. Grit made his stinging eyes itch.

Unable to face the pride's interior after so painful a night he had taken himself off, away from the dens and away from the cubs' playing area. Unwilling to let anyone see him like this... see him broken. He was the pillar for his family, an endless well of strength and reaurance. He could not bear to see the worry in their eyes on his behalf. So now, he sat up on the bluff, overlooking the bleak landscape that they called home. The typically relaxed and kind hearted male seemed weary, his bright coat coated in dust, shoulders low. His great maned head hung heavy as if his thoughts were too much for him to bear.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:55 pm
User Image The bone she chewed in her mouth did wonders for keeping her mouth moist. Just the memory of the meat that had once been on it set her mouth watering, quenching her parched throat even if it did nothing to truly hydrate her. It was a matter of comfort, really.

For the dark lioness with the jaw bone markings, comfort was everything. It was never taken for granted by her, and she thanked the gods every morning she remained comfortable. She'd gone so long without a coughing spell, she wondered if she'd become a Carrier at some point. Unlike many, her body looked healthy, bones not showing as they had when her daughters had been cubs.

Her daughters... She missed them being so small. She missed a lot of things about it. It made her want more.

What she didn't miss was the sight of Sliabh up on the bluff. She stopped walking and looked at the guard, considering his very distinct coat. It was dark in the base like her own, but it was the markings that were distinct. Any descendants of his were very easy to pick out because of them. She walked closer, noting how dirty he was, and how... Sad he looked. She shifted the bone that was in her mouth to make it easier to talk. "Rough time, Sliabh?"

Tanakako

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:21 am
Normally he would have known she was there, but today he felt as if he were smothered by a blanket, a veil of silence that filled his ears and a misty film that covered his eyes. he felt detached, and it drained his strength so that even his worry and fear were held at a distance.

Her voice wisped from the shroud that seperated him from the world outside his own head, finally piercing the bleakness that had settled within him like a dead carcass. Struggling to gather his broken thoughts he turned towards her, offering faint, tired smile though it didn;t reach his eyes. His acting skills weren't that good.

"Hello Taya." He returned. Even his voice was huskier than usual, rasping and dry. It almost sounded as if he had been struck down with the pride's curse, but such was impossible. He had lived years within the pride, never once getting so much as a sniffle. And had spent years again roaming the roguelands. Always fully fit and healthy. Now however, he almost seemed a ghost of his former self.

Patting the ground beside him with his tail he indicated for her to join him. "How are you today? And your daughters?" He asked, a hint of the old Sliabh returning as he tilted his head, checking her condition. Being the mate to the pride's Master Healer for so many years, despite his frequent and long absences, had left their mark and he couldn't help but considerher health.

Andranis

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:39 pm
The lioness took a seat next to the lion. As she looked at him, she noted that he seemed... Tired. "I'm good... The healthiest I've been in a long time. If I didn't know better, I would swear that I've gone from actively diseased to being a carrier... But I know better." She shifted the bone in her mouth, chewing it a bit before moving it to the corner. " My daughters are both doing fine as well, as fine as any lion can be here. What of you? You don't look so great. Is age possibly catching up to you?" It wasn't disease. He was one of the lucky immune lions. She envied him. He got to leave the lands, see the world beyond. What was it like out there? Even the land here felt... Diseased... Dark... Gloomy... Depressing.

Tanakako

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:22 am
Her news finally pushed back the bleakness that had been plaguing him, at least temporarily. Looking at her with brighter eyes his expression pleased for her. “It does happen… you could have entered remission.” He sounded hopeful, and indeed for her sake he truly desired it to be true. No one deserved to suffer as their pride did and any small victory over the debilitating disease was to be celebrated.

“I am alright.” He replied, giving her a rueful look. He knew it had to look bad, him, an immune lion, falling sick from some malady entirely of his own making. Her suggestion shocked him and he blinked at her, having never truly considered what getting older might do to him. After all, so few of the pride reached even middle age he didn’t have much experience of it.

“… I don’t know… I suppose it could be…” He added thoughtfully. And there was indeed a flecking of grey starting to mix with the black of his mane, though otherwise he was still as fit as he had ever been. His constant travailing having crafted a rugged and tough body more often seen among rogues than pride-born lions.

After a moment he looked back at her, managing a proper smile for her. “The cubs seem to be doing well.” He referred to the crèche where he spent most of his time when not busy elsewhere. For even when his current litter had grown too old for nannies, he continued to visit, watching over the little ones whenever he could.

Andranis

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:42 am
A playful glint took hold of her fire-colored eyes, and the dark lioness jabbed a paw into Sliabh's mane. "Look at this, I think I see some gray! Our Sliabh, father of many, is getting old!" While the playful tone was teasing, the subject was rather serious. Indeed, few lions died of the nebulous idea that was 'old age.' Many died young, too many died far too young. It made her sad when a cub had to be buried.

She smiled as he described the cubs being well. "Yes, I've not seen many around the other Healers... It's a refreshing sight. Or... A refreshing LACK of sight, I suppose." She lay down, crossing one fore paw over the other, moving the bone in her mouth in thought. As her tail curled, she couldn't help but smile just a bit. "I hope this spell of good weather for our pride lasts a long time... So we can recover, have more life around here... More cubs born of our own pride..." She didn't fault the idea of those who were immune going out to bring back more cubs... It meant more diverse blood. But those within the pride seemed... Afraid to have cubs. She didn't like that.

Tanakako

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:47 am
Her jesting finally teased a laugh from the large male, golden eyes crinkling as he smiled. “If you say it is so, then it must be true.” He returned, shaking his great mane out so it fluffed up like a spooked genet. The motion also dislodged some of the dust on his fur, causing him to sneeze. Sniffling he sighed softly. Old age…. He had no idea what that meant. Would he wither away like the ill lions of the pride? Or would he simply drop dead one day. Maybe he would go to sleep and just not wake up? That idea appealed quite strongly. He had seen far too much suffering during his unusually long life, to not see any more was incredibly tempting. Maybe he would just start walking one day and not stop? The only thing he worried about was who would be left to look after his family, and indeed all the cubs within the pride. At least he had two healthy sons who would be around to protect the pride when he was no longer around to do so.

Pulled from his thoughts as she lay down beside him, the big male joined her, stretching out on his belly and gazing down at the land before them. Nodding he turned his head, looking towards his daughter’s favoured hideaway. “ I agree… maybe one day more cubs will be born immune and the pride will finally be free of the Goddess’s blessing.” He knew speaking such was near blasphemy. But he had been outside the pride, had seen whole lands where sickness was unheard of. Had walked through thick grasses and jungles, and seen the way a healthy pride lived and laughed together. He wanted that for his grandcubs and great-grandcubs..

Andranis
So sorry this took so long!

[IC] Kitwana'antara Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces