Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gamer Girls Guild [[G3]]

Back to Guilds

Here we girls and boys as a family, We game. 

Tags: Girls, Video Games, xbox, playstation, Nintendo 

Reply General Chat etc..
Gaia's many items.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hatchet_90

Dedicated Friend

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:58 am
I know it's not game related (unless you see avi dress-up a game) but Gaia is releasing too much too fast.
I remember when I used to be able to keep up with the new releases. A monthly evolving item report. A single rig a month. An announcement here and there for a new item in the Cash Shop.
Now it's rapid evolving items, multiple rigs with separate chance item themes, a ton of "limited edition" items, an instant recolour of a rare item with several more soon released in recolour bundle. And all that in just one week.
In the matter of hours I sleep I wake up to maxed out announcement notices about it all and Cash sales.

Can anyone else keep up with this? @.@  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:04 am
Hatchet_90
I know it's not game related (unless you see avi dress-up a game) but Gaia is releasing too much too fast.
I remember when I used to be able to keep up with the new releases. A monthly evolving item report. A single rig a month. An announcement here and there for a new item in the Cash Shop.
Now it's rapid evolving items, multiple rigs with separate chance item themes, a ton of "limited edition" items, an instant recolour of a rare item with several more soon released in recolour bundle. And all that in just one week.
In the matter of hours I sleep I wake up to maxed out announcement notices about it all and Cash sales.

Can anyone else keep up with this? @.@

I'm forced to be very selective when it comes to making cash purchases solely based on that fact.
I'd like to buy a lot but with the massive influx of items I just can't afford to.
This is all merely a solution to the the growing concern of Gaia staff to make more money as frequently as possible, the only problem is they're bleeding us dry with tempting cash sale offers, bundles, and recolors that take no effort to construct but still demand a high price tag.
The cash program used to be an avenue for donation, a little here and there from supportive Gaians who want to show their appreciation for a job well done on this FREE site. Now that they're urging us left and right to pay out of pocket to enjoy ourselves it feels more oppressive just to browse. I mean a 1000 real world dollars for pixels?! WHAT IS THIS?!! And I'm sure those of us who can't afford it feel it even more.
I remember questing being an amusing pastime and challenging, yet not too challenging. There were still only a few items to really go for and if I felt so compelled to cash purchase it was for my monthly Sealed.
Now I think how hard it must be on this site watching so many nice avatars and wanting something as nice for yourself but of course all the best poses cost unreasonable amounts of cash and even more inflated-gold, often tens of billions. Sometimes trillions and even pentillions! That can be very depressing for someone being barraged on a daily basis by items they now want badly even if they're not tangible, but can't do anything about either way. This game is supposed to be fun.
Gaia isn't that far off from any other faceless business in my opinion. The revenue might not be the same exactly but they're still making buckets of cash off of us and alienating those not generating sales.
I've stopped buying cash of course. The recent attack of the Black Friday "sale" has pushed all of my disgust buttons. I get enough influence to spend my hard earned money on trivial pursuits outside my door, I just want to relax at home. =.= sorry to complain..  

Carrionmon
Crew

Ruthless Astronomer

16,225 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Hatchet_90

Dedicated Friend

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:14 pm
Dramelechmon

I used to like questing. I would want to collect all recolours of certain items. My biggest quest was for all the Rosamund and Ciel items. I always got excited when they announced a new one. I would even buy gaia cash just for one if i could afford to, or save up the free gaia cash from videos.
It does feel a little depressing to see a gorgeous item that would be perfect for my avi, but I can't afford it and that I know I would have to sell some things or work hard to get the many billions just to use 1 pose of it :/

Oh, that's another thing! I don't know if it's me, but they have put a lot of sales on, but increased the amount you pay for Cash items? like some thing would be either 499 or 999 depending what it was, but now things are 699 and higher.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:45 pm
And those Tiers!
Spend cash on items in the shop you don't want for an item that can only be bought for a limited time and never sold again.  

Hatchet_90

Dedicated Friend

Carrionmon
Crew

Ruthless Astronomer

16,225 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:50 pm
Hatchet_90
Dramelechmon

I used to like questing. I would want to collect all recolours of certain items. My biggest quest was for all the Rosamund and Ciel items. I always got excited when they announced a new one. I would even buy gaia cash just for one if i could afford to, or save up the free gaia cash from videos.
It does feel a little depressing to see a gorgeous item that would be perfect for my avi, but I can't afford it and that I know I would have to sell some things or work hard to get the many billions just to use 1 pose of it :/

Oh, that's another thing! I don't know if it's me, but they have put a lot of sales on, but increased the amount you pay for Cash items? like some thing would be either 499 or 999 depending what it was, but now things are 699 and higher.

I feel that completely. I had that issue with the Wing and Fighter items.. Too much money spent in cash shop and in tiered spending just for pointless Fighters every week.
Everything costs too much =o=
And then they'll bribe me sometimes with free items for buying another 500 or 1000 cash for the 2nd time in a week.
But yeah I'm pretty done buying from my wallet.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:21 pm
Dramelechmon

I won't be buying Gaia Cash again >_< It's just silly now!
I'll just get the free cash and save up for something blaugh  

Hatchet_90

Dedicated Friend

DJNIGHTFOX

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:43 am
word cool I stopped giveing a F all I do now is -need to add that to my wish list-  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:47 pm
I tried to keep up u_u but I can't , I don't even know half of the new items names ;c but whatever I do see I just put them on my wishlist >.<  

RubyyKay

Shy Giver

9,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250

Carrionmon
Crew

Ruthless Astronomer

16,225 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:02 pm
SugaRuby
I tried to keep up u_u but I can't , I don't even know half of the new items names ;c but whatever I do see I just put them on my wishlist >.<

It is extremely frustrating. I recently broke my vow to never buy again because I wanted Ursine poses.
Also took care of that redundancy.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:28 pm
Dramelechmon
SugaRuby

It is extremely frustrating. I recently broke my vow to never buy again because I wanted Ursine poses.

Very frustrating! I never want to buy again xc The only thing that keeps me going is selling my items and getting newer ones ._.  

RubyyKay

Shy Giver

9,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250

Carrionmon
Crew

Ruthless Astronomer

16,225 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:52 am
SugaRuby
Dramelechmon
SugaRuby

Very frustrating! I never want to buy again xc The only thing that keeps me going is selling my items and getting newer ones ._.

I can understand that. It used to be the whole of gaian finances. Just storing and selling CI's and Bundles. I'll need a new method so my reserves don't plummet.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 am
There is actually a person that I came across who is asking people to sign a petition (a thread) about how money hungry Gaia has become...It is a little disheartening because I can't keep up and it's sad because it actually made a lot of my friends leave Gaia because of their....fast and expensive market decisions..???if that's the word for it.  

xXBeautifully-CorrodedXx

General Chat etc..

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff